Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

I can finally cross off one of the thing on my bucket list, which was to come to LA. It’s even better since I came to LA with my members, especially with Doyeon. We arrived earlier today and there were many fans, more than I thought. I honestly didn’t expect to see any fans. They were all so friendly, even though there was a language barrier Somi and Chungha unnie were able to commute with them well. We got In N Out burger, which was just the hype of LA. It’s good, but I’ve eaten better. Chungha unnie and Somi were the only ones that were able to finish their burgers. Now we are walking around the grove.

“You’re not tired?” Doyeon asked me.

“A bit, but we’re in LA! I have no time to be tired.”

“YEAH LA!” Somi shouted, causing other people to stare at us.

“Calm down!” Nayoung unnie said and covered Somi’s mouth.

Doyeon hands slid into mine and we interlocked our fingers. I looked up to her and she smiled brightly down at me.

“Aren’t you afraid that someone might see?” I asked a bit worriedly.

“They wouldn’t think much of it.”

Doyeon is so open with skinship with me, I wish I can be like that. To our company, fans, and members we are merely best friends, but to each other we’re more than that. I really want to just come out and tell everyone, but I was scared. I can’t explain it, I’m just scared. I always do skinships with all the members, but I don’t do it as much to Doyeon because I’m afraid that someone might suspect something.

We spent the rest of the night walking around shopping and then went back to the hotel. Since it was just the 8 of us we only used two rooms, each room had 4 people each. The first room was Somi, Chaeyeon unnie, Doyeon, and I. the second room was Sohye, Chungha unnie, Nayoung unnie, and Jieqiong unnie.

“Did you wash up yet?” Chaeyone unnie asked me.

“Of course she didn’t.” Doyeon said rolling her eyes.

“Hey!” I glared at Doyeon.

“What? Am I wrong, hmm?” Doyeon crossed her arm.

“Shut up.” I mumbled.

“Go wash up first then.” Chaeyeon unnie said.

“Buuuuuut i’m tired unnie.” I whined.

“Too bad!” Chaeyeon unnie said sternly, “I know you don’t want me to get Nayoung unnie.”
“Okay going!”
I quickly ran into the restroom and started showering. Nayoung unnie can be really scary sometimes, I’ve seen that side of her once and I never want to see it again.

After washing up, Chaeyeon unnie was next. Doyeon was laying on the bed looking through her phone. I went and laid on top of her.

“Man you’re getting heavy.” Doyeon said pretending to be struggling.

“Meanie! Fine i’ll get off then.” I pouted and quickly got off, but Doyeon quickly got up and grabbed me. Then she picked me up and made me sit on her lap. Sometimes I like it when she does that, but other times it makes me feel like such a baby.

“You know I’m just kidding.” Doyeon laughed.

“Hmmph!” I huffed and looked away.

Doyeon kissed my cheeks, which made me blushed.

“Wow blushing so hard from just a kiss, man you must love me a lot.” Doyeon teased.

“No!” I said and looked away.

“It’s okay, pretty sure I love you more.” Doyeon whispered to my ear, making me shiver.

I was about to turn to give her a kiss, but I heard the door jingling so I quickly got off of her. The door opened and Somi came in.

“The unnies are already going to sleep, what a bunch of party poopers.” Somi said.

“It’s almost 1 in the morning, of course they’re going to sleep.” I said.
“I still want to play though.” Somi pouted.

“Yah you should get lots of rest and play tomorrow. We’re going to Universal tomorrow so get some rest!” Doyeon said.

“Oh you’re right!” Somi widened her eyes.

Chaeyeon unnie finished washing up and got ready for bed while Somi went into and showered. I started getting ready for bed too since we were going to need a lot of energy tomorrow.

I felt my eyes drifting off to sleep a bit, but I was awoken up when I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me.

“You still smell good.” Doyeon whispered and I can feel her smelling me.
“Yah, the others might still be awake.” I whispered shifting my movement so that her hands were off of me.

“It’s nighttime, and it’s normal for me to hug you.” Doyeon said, and I can feel her bitter tone.

“Let’s just not…” I said.

Doyeon took her hands off of me and turned the other way to sleep. I felt really guilty for saying that, but I was still scared.


The morning came and we all started getting ready to go to Universal. I was really excited because i heard a lot about it. Somi really wanted to go it, she would not stop talking about it for months. She continued bugging our CEO about it, which was why we were able to come to LA early. We all went to the lobby and waited. I noticed Doyeon was far away from me, I guess she was still mad about last night. Even when we went into the van Doyeon would always try to sit next to me, but this time she went to the back first and sat with Sohye and Chaeyeon unnie. I sat next to Somi and Chungha unnie. We were all excited about the trip so we were singing and going crazy.

You can tell that we have arrived when everyone started screaming and cheering. We got our tickets from online so we just scanned the paper and went into. Somi was our tour guide, even though it was her first time here she knew which ride we should go first and where it would be. Since no one wanted to started off the day with big rides, we went to the Shrek ride, which was just looking at a screen with 3D glasses and feeling the simulations of it. Then we went to the Minion ride, Doyeon basically stayed away from me the whole time. It made me really sad knowing that she’s still really mad at me. I tried to go sit next to her for the next ride, but she quickly grabbed Chungha unnie and made her sit next to her.

Next we went to the Harry Potter world, it was so amazing! I’ve only seen three Harry potter movies, but everything looked basically the same and it was so beautiful. I was so excited to be there with the members. Somi and I were running around screaming in excitement while everyone tried to hide their faces from embarrassment. We went onto the rollercoaster, which was pretty small and short, but still so scary. I grabbed Doyeon’s hand so she can be with me, but she just looked down on my hands and then let go. I was starting to get mad at her for being such a baby. Then Nayoung unnie pulled me to sit with her.

I was kind of scared of the roller coaster, so the whole time I kept my eyes shut. Then we moved onto the ride in the castle. I heard from people that it was kind of scary, so I was pretty scared. The ride seated four people, so it was Somi, Doyeon, me, and Chungha unnie. Before the ride started Doyeon stuck out her hand for me to hold, but I was getting mad at her so I looked away and held Chungha unnie’s hands instead. Doyeon closed her hands and then looked away.

The ride was really scary. I felt myself screaming and tearing up. The ride kept flipping me and spinning. It made me feel really sick, and I can feel tears welling up because I was so scared. After the ride finished some of us were feeling sick, others were still as excited. I was feeling sick and scared still. I was hoping for Doyeon to comfort me, but she just looked away, while Chungha unnie hugged me. Now I was tearing up and how weird things were between Doyeon and I.

For the rest of the day we played around and then we left and went back to rest at the hotel.


Today was the day of our fan engagement and I was really excited because I was going to meet our LA fans. Chungha unnie was in an extra good mood because Sejeong unnie finally arrive in LA. We all headed to the convention center and wandered around a bit. I was with Somi most of the times since things were really awkward between Doyeon and I. We didn’t talk much at all and there were so skinship at all. I tried my best to just ignore it, but it was hard. I wanted to talk to her, but I feel like she’s the one at fault for being such a baby about it.

The fan engagement started and I see a lot of fans, which made me so happy. The interview asked us three questions and we moved onto high-touch, this was our first time doing this. We basically just stand and the fans come up and high five us. It was a chance for us to get close to the fans even though it was just for a couple of seconds.

After that was over we changed and got ready to go out. We were going to go to the Hollywood Walk since it was close by and it didn’t involve too much moving, we needed rest since our performance was tomorrow. While walking around the streets I noticed Doyeon was being extra touchy to Jiqiong unnie, pretty sure she was trying to make me jealous. Two can play this game. I started being close to Sohye and Somi. I would backhug them while walking and kissed their cheeks. I noticed Doyeon looking and then look away.

When we got back to the hotel Chungha unnie pulled me to the side, scaring me a bit.

“We should talk.” Chungha unnie said.

“Is everything okay?” I asked a bit worriedly.

“With me yes, but what is up with you and Doyeon?”
“What do you mean?”
“You guys have been avoiding each other so much it’s so weird. Did you two get into a fight?” Chungha unnie asked.

“I guess…”
“Want to talk about it?”

I looked down not knowing what to say.

“You know you can tell me anything, right?”
I took a deep breath and felt my heart pounding. Maybe it’s better for me to tell someone so i can talk to someone about it.
“Can you keep a secret?” I asked.

“Of course.”
“Doyeon and I are together.” I whispered.

“Sorry, you’re going to speak up? You said what?”
“Doyeon and I are together.” I said a bit louder.

“Together? As in dating and more than a best friend?”
I nodded my head.

“That’s great!” Chungha unnie said excitedly.

I was surprised at her reaction. I don’t know what kind of reaction I was expecting but I wasn’t really expecting excitement.

“So you guys got into a couple fight? What happened?”
“It’s kind of dumb now that I think about it…” I said quietly.

“Just tell me already.”
“We’ve been together before IOI was formed…”
“What?! It’s been that long. How come you didn’t tell us???”
“That’s why Doyeon’s mad. She wants to tell everyone, but I’m scared. So we’ve been keeping the relationship a secret.”
“Why do you want to keep a secret?”
“I don’t know, I’m scared of what people might say.”
“Pabo.” Chungha unnie said flicking me on the forehead, “but I understand where you’re coming from.”
“You do?”
“Yeah of course, I was like that with Sejeong too.”
“Really? How did you overcome it?”
“We just stopped caring.” Chungha unnie laughed.

“Easier said than done.” I mumbled.

“Yeah it takes time, but if you really want to be with Doyeon you won’t care what people say or think. Plus you two already look like you’re together so I don’t think it would matter.

“Errrmmm…” I said still feeling uncertain.

“Just think about it, come on let’s go to bed, we have a big day ahead of us.”

I sighed and we went up the our respective room. I noticed Doyeon wasn’t there.

“Where’s Doyeon?” I asked.

“She said she’s going to sleep in the other room.” Somi said.

Damn she must be really mad. Maybe it is my fault at this, I have to find a way to apologize.


It was almost time for our performance. Before we were going to rehearsal Doyeon pulled me aside so we can talk.

“I think it’s time for us to talk.” Doyeon said.

“Yeah…” I said quietly.

“Do you want to breakup?” Doyeon asked, the words seemed a bit hard to say.
“W-what?” I asked feeling scared.

“Is that what you want?” Doyeon asked.

I was shocked by the sudden question that nothing came out.

“I see…” Doyeon said quietly and turned away.

“Wait!” i said pulling her hand back.
“What?” Doyeon said a bit coldly and pulled her hand away.

“I don’t want to breakup.”
“Then why do you keep acting like it?”
“That’s cause you started it!” I said.

“Because you said you didn’t want any skinship between us!” Doyeon semi-shouted.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” I started tearing up.

“Then what do you mean…” Doyeon lowered her voice seeing that I was tearing up.

“I want us to be together. I want us to be like a normal couple.” I said honestly.

“It’s not normal if we keep it a secret.”
“I know…”

“So what do you want to do then?”
“Let’s go tell everyone.” I said trying to sound confident.

“What? Are you sure?” Doyeon widened her eyes.

“Yeah, i’m ready!” I said now for sure feeling confident.

“You’d really do this for me?”
“Of course, I love you Doyeon-ah.” I said tippy toeing to kiss her.

“I love you too.” Doyeon said and kissed me back.

“Alright, let’s go tell everyone and kill KCON stage.” I said pulling her back to our waiting room.


This chapter feels a bit bleh, but I honestly just wrote it so I can talk about KCON haha. I promise I'll have a better chapter out! Thank you for reading & subscribing c:

IOI came to LA for KCON and I was able to meet them and omg they are exactly how they are on TV. Nayoung is really Stone Nayoung. At the airport they were waiting for their bus and Nayoung was literally just standing there looking around with no expression. I waved to her, she waved back with a smile then it was back to no expression. Chungha, my bias omg, she's the nicest person I have ever met. Whenever we talk she was so nice and had such a gentle voice. She's so humble too, I told her how she did amazing at the performance and that she totally killed Shake That Brass stage and she just kept denying it saying "noooo". She was kind enough to remember me too <3 Sejeong eye smiles is even better in person, her voice is also huskier in person. Chaeyeon is so shy and so elegant and formal. During the hi-touch everyone was high fiving the fans, so when I got to Chaeyeon I expected her hands in the air too, but instead she had her hand out low ish for a handshake and she bowed a bit while shaking my hand haha. Jieqiong is friendly too! I remember telling her that was so pretty in Chinese, and I just expected her to say thank you and move on, but instead she asked me if I was chinese and continue trying to make a conversation. Sohye kind of scares me a bit LOL. I waved hi to hi and she waved back happily then she continued staring at me a bit, and since her eyes are big it kind of intimidated me a bit. Yeunjung looks taller in person and is so nice, she had such a bright smile and everything. Yoojung is such a little munchkin omg. She was so cute trying to interact with fans, and she was kind of hyper. Whenever I think of Yoojung I see her smiling because that was her the whole time, I never saw the smile leaving her face. Mina is so adorable in person with her smile and voice, she's also taller in person. Doyeon is like a goddess in person, she was so beautiful and nice. My friend was iffy about giving her a present because she was kidn of far away, but Doyeon walked up and got it and thanked her, so nice ^___^. Somi was also so hyper and so friendly. She kept making conversation with everyone and making us feel comfortable. She is so full of energy.

Basically everything you see about IOI on their reality shows and interviews is their true color, they are so kind and lovable and sweet, they deserve all the love they get. Support IOI unit! It's going to slay c: