Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

2004

“Doyeon-ah, the new neighbor invited us over. Come on let’s go greet them.” Doyeon’s mom said.

Little 5 year old Doyeon came running into her mom’s arm.

“Yah you’re getting too old to be carried.” Her dad laughed.

“No, I’m still a baby!” Doyeon said in a childish voice.

The Kim family started walking across the street to go greet their new neighbors. Doyeon was excited because her parents told her that the neighbor has a daughter her own age. Doyeon loved making new friends. The Kims got to the front and knocked on the door, which was opened right away.

“Hi! I’m glad you guys are here.” The lady owner of the house greeted.

“Doyeon-ah, say hi.” Doyeon’s mom said.

“Hello. My name is Kim Doyeon.” Doyeon bowed her head and smile.

“How cute.” The lady smiled.

They all walked into the living room and settle there. The adults were into their conversation, while Doyeon sat and just looked around. The adults were so into their conversation that they didn’t even noticed Doyeon getting off the couch and walking around. Doyeon started wandering around the kitchen, but found nothing to entertain herself. Then she walked into a hallway and noticed a door open. She slowly opened it and peeked inside. There was a little girl, about her age, just sitting on the ground watching tv, but she wasn’t really facing the TV.

“Hi!” Doyeon, being the outgoing kid that she was, greeted.

The little girl got startled and covered her face.

“Hey don’t be scared, I just wanted to say hi.” Doyeon said walking over towards the little girl then sat beside her.

“My name is Doyeon, what’s yours?” Doyeon asked.
“Y-Yoojung.” The girl said.

“Cool! We’re friends now.” Doyeon cheered happily.

Yoojung gave a small smile. She’s a pretty shy kid, but it’s like as if Doyeon’s energy rubs off on her or something.

“There you are!” Doyeon’s mom said coming into the room, “you shouldn’t wander like that.”

“Sorry mommy, but look! I made a new friend.” Doyeon said grabbing a hold of Yoojung’s hands, making Yoojung flinched a bit.

Yoojung’s mom noticed something, but she didn’t know how to ask.

“Is Yoojung...errm how do I ask this…” Doyeon’s mom said.

“Yoojung is blind.” Yoojung’s mom said with a sad smile.

“Oh I’m so sorry, was she born like that?”
“Yeah, but I guess she gotten pretty used to it. I’m just a bit worried about when she grows older.”

“What does blind mean?” Doyeon asked.

“It means a person can’t see at all.” Doyeon’s dad answered.

Doyeon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Can’t see at all? Why can’t they see? Their eyes are open so they should be able to see.

“You can’t see me?” Doyeon asked facing Yoojung.

Yoojung just shook her head.

“How many fingers am I holding up?” Doyeon asked raising her fingers.

“I don’t know.”

“Doyeon-ah, stop bothering her.” Doyeon’s mom said.

“That’s sad that you can’t see! But it’s okay, I’ll be your eyes then!” Doyeon said happily.

Both Doyeon’s parents and Yoojung’s parents smiled at how sweet Doyeon was. Doyeon started describing the room to Yoojung, while Yoojung just nodded her head smiling.

2007

“Give it back!” Yoojung cried.

“Give it back!” One of the bully mimic Yoojung’s voice.

Yoojung felt so hopeless she started crying. She hated not being able to see. She hates all these bullies that always makes fun of her. She could have went to a school for blind kids, but instead she chose to go to a regular school because she wanted to be with Doyeon. Luckily the schools in their area had a program for blind kids, so Doyeon and Yoojung didn’t separate.

They have been inseparable ever since they first met. Doyeon would always be right by Yoojung’s side being her eyes. This time though Doyeon was nowhere to be found.

“Look at her.” The bully laughed, while some other kids laughed too.

“Hey! Leave her alone!” Doyeon yelled as she ran to them.

“Get lost.”

“Give the white cane back to her.”

“Or what?” The bully asked.

Doyeon grabbed a handful of dirt and then threw it at the bullies. The dirt went into some of their eyes and they started screaming. The one that was holding the white cane dropped it and Doyeon quickly grabbed it.

“Leave or I’m gonna tell the teacher on you!” Doyeon said.

The bullies all muttered something then walked away.

“Are you okay?” Doyeon asked, wiping away Yoojung’s tear.

“Where were you?” Yoojung asked.

“The teacher had to talk to me after class.”
Yoojung felt a lot better when Doyeon grabbed a hold of her hand. Yoojung always feels a bit lost when Doyeon isn’t by her side.

2014

Doyeon and Yoojung were walking through a crowded carnival. They were holding each other’s hands tightly, but somehow due to so many people they were separated. Doyeon started panicking because she couldn’t see Yoojung anymore. It doesn’t help that she was small too.

“Yoojung-ah!” Doyeon called out and ran around trying to find her.

On the other hand Yoojung felt lost. Once Doyeon’s hands left her she felt lost. She used her white cane to help guide her, but she was in an unfamiliar place so she didn’t know where to go. Then she felt a grip on her wrist pulling her. At first she thought it was Doyeon, but the grip felt different.

“Who are you?” Yoojung called out.

“Someone that will make your night fun.” The voice said, which sounded like a guy.

“What a cute girl.” Another guy voice said.

Yoojung felt panicked and she tried to walk the other way, but one of the guy quickly grabbed her.

“Now where do you think you’re going baby?”

“Let me go!” Yoojung struggled, but his grip was too strong.

“We just want to have some fun. Don’t you want to have some fun?” The other guy asked.

The guy that had a grip on her started her cheeks, which made her felt disgusted. Yoojung was praying hard for someone to come save her. She was wishing that Doyeon will show up and save her like she always promised and does. True to Doyeon’s words and Yoojung’s prayer, Doyeon finally found Yoojung.

“You better let her go this second or you’re going to regret it.” Doyeon voice said, sounding so scary.

“We’re not scared of you. Why don’t you just join the fun with us?”
Doyeon rolled her eyes and lunged towards the guy that was holding onto Yoojung. It’s times like this where her self-defense class came in handy. Doyeon punched the guy in the face so hard he stumbled backward and let go of Yoojung. Doyeon took a hold of Yoojung and pulled her close to herself.

“Crazy .” The guy said, then both of them ran off.

“Are you alright? They didn’t do anything to you, right?” Doyeon asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, just a bit scared. Thank you for coming to save me.” Yoojung said.

“Always.” Doyeon hugged Yoojung tightly and kissed her head for comfort.

Present Doyeon POV

“Boo!” I said, trying to scare Yoojung.

“You know since I lost one of my senses, my other senses are much better. Like I can smell you when you come near me.” Yoojung said.

“Smell me? What do I smell like?” I asked.

“You smell like Doyeon.” Yoojung laughed.

“You sound like a dog.” I teased.

“Shut up.” Yoojung said punching my arm.

I interlocked our fingers as we were walking through the school hallways. I can still see some people staring at us, but I didn’t mind. I was used to the pitied looks people would give.

“People are staring again, aren’t they?” Yoojung asked.

“Of course. They’re staring at how cute you are.” I said pinching her cheeks.

“You always say that.”
“Because it’s true.”

We went into the cafeteria and met up with our friends.

“I’m tired of school.” Somi complained.

“You say that everyday.” Sejeong unnie said.

I started unpacking my backpack and took out my lunch. Then I helped Yoojung take hers out.

“I can do it myself you know.” Yoojung said.

“I know, but I just want to do it.”

“Yoojung unnie, you should feel lucky. The school goddess is taking such good care of you.” Somi laughed.

“Ugh I hate being called that.” I said rolling my eyes.

Yoojung put her hand on my face and started touching it, “your face doesn’t feel goddess-like.”

“Yah Choi Yoojung, how many times have I told you to not do that?” I said slapping her hand away.

“About 80 times, but I will never listen.” Yoojung shrugged.

“Oh look the couple is starting their bickering again.” Chungha unnie said nudging Sejeong unnie.

“Ahh young love.” Sejeong unnie smiled.

I just glared at Sejeong unnie and Chungha unnie, making the both of them stick out their tongues. Since they were older they pretty much catch on fast. It didn’t take them long to figure out that I have a crush on my best friend. I don’t know when it started, but I guess Yoojung was always by my side and I feel comfortable with her. I feel happier when I’m with her. I would start getting jealous when she spends time with other people or become close to them. Sometime I would just stare at her face, and all I wanna do is kiss her. I’ve kissed her on the cheeks countless times, but still every time I give her a kiss on the cheeks I feel butterflies in my stomach.

Yoojung was having a bit trouble eating her food, so I started feeding her. I can see some students looking over here with envy. I don’t understand, but apparently a lot of people like me. My friends tells me because I look really pretty, but honestly I’ve seen prettier people than me. There are also who looks at me with envy because I spend a lot of time with Yoojung. Yoojung is really small and cute. A lot of people really like her too. If only she was able to see and had more confidence in herself…

“Doyeon-ah!”

I turned around and I saw Hyeri unnie heading towards us.

“Oh hey unnie what’s up?”

“Some of us are gonna go hangout after school, wanna join?”

I wanted to, but usually I walk back home with Yoojung and then we would hangout.

“Sounds fun, but it’s okay.” I smiled.

“Well if you change your mind, just text me.” Hyeri unnie said patting my head then walked away.

“You can go hangout with them, you know? You don’t always have to be by my side.” Yoojung said.

“But I want to be by your side.”

Yoojung just smiled and continued eating her lunch, while I stared at her with admiration. I can see Sejeong unnie and Chungha unnie smiling on the side.

Yoojung POV

Doyeon had to stay behind to ask a teacher some questions, so I was just exploring the school. I kind of know my ways already, but I just want to make sure and be clear. As I was walking I heard some familiar voices. The only perks of being blind is I can hear really well. It was Hyeri unnie’s voice and some other people.

“Doyeon isn’t coming?” I think this was Yeri talking.

“No, I think she has to stay and help Yoojung get home and stuff.” Hyeri unnie said.

“Aww I miss hanging out with Doyeon.” Another voice said, but I couldn’t recognize it.

“Same, but Yoojung needs help so we just gotta be understanding and hangout with her another day.”
I didn’t want to hear anymore so I kept walking away. I always feel bad that Doyeon is by my side 24/7. I feel bad, but I’m too selfish to let her go. I love having Doyeon by my side. She makes me feel protected and loved. Even though she takes really good care of me and does a lot for me, she also makes me feel normal. She understands me, and sometimes even if she doesn’t understand me she’s there for me.

I walked past some students and I can hear them whispering.

“Poor her.”
“I feel bad for Doyeon, she can’t do anything. She’s stuck taking care of her.”

“I wonder if she was able to see before.”

“Always depends on Doyeon.”
“Can’t do anything for herself.”
I hated hearing all these things. I’m not as helpless as everyone thinks. Maybe it’s time for me stop depending on Doyeon so much. She should be free of me and live her own life. Maybe the reason why she never dated or anything is because of me. Well I don’t really want to see her dating anyone, it’ll just break my heart, but I have to accept it though. I’m just her best friend. Even if I like her I don’t want her to date someone like me, who’s always gonna need help.

I started walking out of the school and decided to go home myself. Doyeon and I always walked home together, so I pretty much knew the ways back home. I just...never walked home by myself before. Doyeon was usually by my side, if she wasn’t then it would be someone else. I felt a bit scared, but I told myself I shouldn’t. I have to start doing things on my own. Thankfully the high school wasn’t too far from my house, so it was only about 20 minutes of walking. Then I heard my phone ringing.

“Kim Doyeon is calling.” My phone said.

I grabbed it and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” Doyeon asked.

“Home.”
“Home? I thought we were going home together.”
“Oh well too late I’m already home.”

“Do you want me to come over?” Doyeon asked.

“No it’s fine. I’m just gonna do my homework and relax a bit.”

“Oh okay, then I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”
“My parents are going to drop me off at school. You don’t have to wait for me.” I said.

“Oh… then I’ll see you at school.”

“Okay bye.”
Then I hung up the phone feeling bad for lying to Doyeon. This is for the best. She needs to live her own life and stop being by my side. I have to learn to take care of myself.


Ugh I feel so bad. When I got to school I had completely ignored Doyeon and tried my best to avoid her as much as possible before class started. In the class that we had together Doyeon would usually sit with me and help me, but this time I changed my seat. Doyeon asked me why I changed my seat and I just said I wanted a change. Then during lunch, normally we’d walk to lunch together, but this time I completely walked past Doyeon. I kind of zigged zagged a bit so Doyeon couldn’t find me. Instead of going to meet the others in the cafeteria, I went to the art center instead and ate my lunch there. I miss Doyeon already, but this is for the best. Maybe if I keep telling myself that I’ll start believing it. My phone was ringing and it said Doyeon was calling, but I ignored it.

Doyeon POV

Where in the world is this girl? She’s been acting weird lately. She’s been ditching me a lot, is she tired of me? As I was walking some people would say hi to me, which I greeted them back. I decided to walk to the art center since I knew that’s where Yoojung likes to go when she’s upset or anything. The art center is really quiet there, so it’s a nice spot to have some alone thoughts.

I felt a sense of pride and proud of myself for finding Yoojung in the art center. This baby thinking she can hide from me when I know her like the back of my hand. I quietly made my way next to her and bent down to sit beside her.

“You gotta stop trying to sneak up on me, I can smell you.” Yoojung said.

“I seriously gotta change my perfume.” I sighed.

Yoojung didn’t say anything she just went back to eat her food.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing.”
“Don’t lie.”

“Nothing is wrong.”

“Yoojung-ah tell me.” I said, taking a hold of her hand and playing with it.

“Just leave me alone.” Yoojung said jerking her hand away from me. I was a bit surprised because Yoojung never acted like this to me before.

“No.” I said.

Yoojung started packing her things and was about to get up, but I grabbed and made her stay in place.

“Yah. Let me go.”

“Not until you tell me what’s wrong.”
“Just get away from me and live your life.”

Oh. That’s when it hit me. She’s doubting herself again. Sometimes Yoojung would start feeling like she’s a bother to me, so I always tell her that she isn’t.

“But you’re my life.” I said.

“No! I’m not. I shouldn’t be. You have your own life, stop taking care of me.”

“I like taking care of you.”
“You shouldn’t. Doyeon-ah, just leave.”
“No.”
“Fine you want the truth?! I don’t need you anymore. I don’t even want you by my side or in life, so just leave. I’m tired of you. You’re so clingy to me it’s annoying. I am my own person so I don’t need you.”

Each words stabbed me. I know she’s only doing this because she thinks she’s holding me back and she doesn’t want that. I wanted to stand my ground and be by her side still, but those words. They just hurt so much that I didn’t have a respond at all. I just stayed quiet a bit, trying to control my emotion.

“Just...leave.” Yoojung said.

I turned to her, ignoring the tears that were falling, I took a hold of her face and then I leaned in and kissed her. I mean she told me to leave her, so can’t hurt if I were to kiss her and tell her my true feelings. Yoojung’s hands came up toy my cheeks, but once they did she pulled back.

“You’re crying.” Yoojung stated.

“Who wouldn’t after those hurtful words?”

“Why are you still here? Go away.”
“I’m not gonna. Choi Yoojung we’ve been friends for 12 years, there’s no way you’re tired of me now. If this is about the talks that you hear from people, you’re stupid. You’re even stupider for believing it.”
I took a hold of her hand and interlocked them.

“You don’t hold me back at all. I know I always pamper you and stuff and I will start cutting back on that and let you do things your own. Yoojung-ah, you’re my best friend. I’m never going to leave your side no matter how hard you push me.”

At this point Yoojung was the one crying.

“Why? What’s so special about me? There are so many better people. Someone who can take care of you, someone who won’t constantly need help.”

“Everything about you is special. I don’t want that, I don't need someone to take care of me. I like doing the taking care of.”

“Doyeon-ah…”
“Yoojung stop talking. I love you, okay? Only you. I don’t care about anyone or anything else.”

I guess Yoojung must have given up, because then she scooted closer to me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry for saying those words…” Yoojung said.

“Better be. Those were some hurtful words.”

“And erm...the kiss…” Yoojung said shyly.

For a second there I had forgot that we kissed.

“Oh yeah huh, you rejected me! You didn’t kiss back.”

“I was gonna, but then I felt your tears. So...what does this mean now?”

“Yoojung-ah, I love you. I am in love with you.” I said confessing my feelings.

“I...don’t deserve you though.”
I got mad at that so I hit her on her head.

“Ow!” Yoojung pouted.

“Can you have some confidence in yourself? You’re a really great person, anyone would be lucky to be with you.”
“You mean it?”
“Of course I do! Too bad they won’t ever experience being with you though, cause you’re mine.”

“I’m really not holding you back?” Yoojung asked, “I’m not a bother? I don’t depend on you too much?”

“No and don’t you dare ever think otherwise. I’m lucky to have you.”

"Thank you for always being by my side." Yoojung said.

"Always."

Yoojung rested her head on my chest and I just hugged her tightly. I felt happy knowing that Yoojung is mine now, more than a best friend. I want her to feel like a normal person. I want to show her that she’s not a bother to anyone at all.


Yoojung POV

I felt myself waking up from my sleep. I didn’t want to open my eyes at first. Afraid of the result. There was a new surgery that was just coming about, it could give me a chance to see, but the risks were really high. After thinking for a while I told my parents that I wanted to do it. At first they were against it, but soon they gave in. Doyeon on the other hand...she didn’t approve of it at all. She said the risks were too high and she doesn’t want me to take it. I wonder how mad she’s going to be when she finds out that I lied to her. I lied to her telling her that my parents and I are taking a small family vacation, but in reality I went to do the surgery.

I was scared as heck before the surgery. I so badly wanted to call Doyon, but I held myself back. After a 6 hour surgery I was put into a room for me to recover. I don’t know how long I’ve slept, but I was finally awake. Right now all I see is darkness since I haven’t opened my eyes yet. I shouldn’t expect anything. Even if I still can’t see then it’s okay. I’ve lived my whole life in the darkness, so it’s okay if it doesn’t work.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes. I started seeing white. Everything was so bright. I kept blinking to slowly adjust to the light. Then once I fully opened my eyes I can SEE the hospital room. I can SEE all the tables, the medicines, the wires near me. I looked to my side and I see a figure sleeping resting her head on my bed. This girl. She actually changed her perfume, but there’s still a Doyeon’s smell on her. So this is Kim Doyeon. My best friend. My girlfriend. I looked around wondering where my parents were, but I remembered that they’re probably at work right now. I reached over to the little table near my day and grabbed my phone. Then I unlocked it and opened the camera to use the front camera to see how I look like. My cheeks are a lot chubbier than I thought… nonetheless I was happy with my face because it is the face that my parents gave. Then I texted my parents to tell them to come to the hospital whenever they get the chance. I really wanted to see their faces.

I looked over to Doyeon again...I gently shook Doyeon to wake her up. I really wanted to see her face.

“Doyeon-ah, wakey wakey.”

Doyeon slowly opened her eyes and then picked up her head and stared around a bit. Okay. The whole school was right Doyeon is a goddess. Wow. How is this girl my best friend? I always thought Doyeon was beautiful, that was based on her personality and stuff...now that I see her wow.

“Yah Choi Yoojung!” Doyeon yelled when she came to her senses, “how could you lie to me?!”
Doyeon hugged me tightly, then she gave me a sweet kiss. I decided to mess with her a bit. I reached over and touched her face all over again.

“What are you doing?” Doyeon asked.

“Just making sure that it’s you. You changed your perfume!”

“Does...does that mean you still can’t see?” Doyeon asked softly.

I cupped Doyeon’s face and brought it close to me. Then I leaned in and kissed her, which she responded. I couldn’t help but smile.

“I can see, I just wanted to touch your face.” I said with a teasing smile.

“You can see?! You can really see?!” Doyeon asked, eyes widened.

“You can test me if you don’t believe me.”

Doyeon held up her her hand, “how many fingers am I holding up?”
“Three.” I answered, which was correct.

“Could be lucky guess.” Doyeon said, “how many now?”
“Two.” I said.

“You really can see! Oh my gosh, Yoojung-ah I’m so happy for you!” Doyeon smiled so wide and hugged me tightly.

“You’re not disappointed in how I look, right?” Doyeon asked, as she pulled back.

“Disappointed?! Have you seen you? I haven’t seen a lot of people, but I’m pretty sure you’re the prettiest person in the world.”
“Yah don’t say things like that.” Doyeon blushed and hit my shoulder.

“It’s true.” I said, “You should call the others and tell them to come here. I really want to see what they look like.”

“Okay I’ll be right back.” Doyeon said getting up and leaving the room.

I looked around still adjusting to my sight. I can’t believe it. I never thought I could see the day that I will see… Everything is not like how I imagined it. I like it though. This is so cool. I heled up my hands in front of me and moved my fingers. So this is what my fingers look like.

“I’m back.” Doyeon said.

“I know, I can see.” I smiled.

“Right..this is going to need some time to get used to.” Doyeon said.

“So they’re coming?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Doyeon smiled, “come on let’s go walk around.”
“What?”
“I just asked the doctor and they said since you already got enough rest you can walk around. Let’s go exploring and you can see everything.”
“Really? You mean it?!” I was so excited I literally jumped out of the bed and ran into Doyeon’s arms.

Doyeon lifted my chin up and made me look into her eyes. Her beautiful eyes.

“I love you so much Choi Yoojung.”
Doyeon leaned down and kissed me softly, making me feel so loved and feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world.

“I love you too. I’m glad that you’re always by my side.”

"Always." Doyeon smiled.


Yay for IOI 1st & 2nd win (: I feel like a proud parent haha. 

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting! I'm sorry if there are any mistakes or errors.

I know there has been a lot of Sechung lately, I'm working on it haha.

IOI is nominated for best new female artist for MAMA, so let's vote for them please c:

http://mama.mwave.me/vote  You can vote once a day I believe. Let's give IOI one last trophy before they disband.