Sechung

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Chungha POV

“Kim Chungha, Choi Yoojung. Please come to the office.” The intercom said loudly.

Yoojung and I? I wonder what this is all about. I doubt we’re in trouble, since we’re the good student. I stood up quietly and bowed my head to the teacher and went to the office. As I was walking, the halls were really quiet, mainly because it was class time. When I got to the front of the office I saw Yoojung walking towards the door too.

“You have any ideas why they called us?” I asked.

Yoojung just shook her head. Then we both proceed to go into the office. The secretary greeted us and gestured for us to go into the dean’s office.

“Hello girls!” The dean greeted us.

Sitting on the side were two girls and an older looking guy. I didn’t think much of them until Yoojung looked at them and gasp.

“I’m guessing you already know who these two are.” The dean said with a smile.

Yoojung just nodded her head shyly, probably embarrassed about her sudden gasped. Now I was kind of curious as to who they were.

“Why did you wanted to see us?” I asked.

“Well you see, you guys are my top student. Ranking #1 and #2, correct?”
“Yeah.” I answered.

“These two right here,” The dean gestured to the two girls, “are going to attend here and I need you both to take good care of them.”
“Okay.” I said, again not knowing the big deal was. I always showed the new students around.

“When I say take care of them, I mean you have to be by their side 24/7.”
Well this is weird. Why do we have to be by their side 24/7? Just who in the world are they?

“They are very special guests at our school, so I expect nothing but the best treatments from you two.”
Special guests?
“Okay.” I agreed, not that I had a choice to begin with.

The two girls walked towards us and sat at the chairs that were in front of the dean.

“Sejeong, Doyeon, these two will be your guides and assistant throughout the year. This is Kim Chungha ranked #1 in our school and Choi Yoojung ranked #2.” The dean introduced us.

Sejeong and Doyeon, why do these two names sound so familiar?

“Sejeong will have the same schedule as you, Chungha and Doyeon will have the same schedule as yoojung because of the age difference.”

“Wait, can we talk really quick? Like just us three?” I said.

“We’ll be outside.” The older looking guy said and gestured for Sejeong and Doyeon to leave. They walked out and once the door closed I turned my attention to the dean.

“So you basically want us to babysit them?” I asked.

“I wouldn't put it that way, but yes.”

“Why?”

“They're important people so we have to make sure that their experience in school is the best. And you two are my best students, so I'm counting on you.”

“Important people? Who are they?” I asked.

“Chungha unnie you don't know them? Do you not listen to me whenever I talk? They're Kim Doyeon and Kim Sejeong!” Yoojung semi shouted.

“It’s killing me, their names sound so familiar, but I can’t put my finger on it.” I said scratching my head.

“They’re really famous singers! They barely started out a year and a half ago, but they hit it really big. You know that I have all their albums and stuff!”
“Oh right! No wonder they looked familiar.”
“So you agree?” The dean said.

“Do we have a choice?” I asked.

“Nope! Alright, well your next class started so go get Sejeong and Doyeon and go onto class.”

“Yah Yoojung, wipe that blinding smile off your face. You’re gonna creep them out.” I laughed. I can see Yoojung feeling excited for this.

“Not fair though, I like Sejeong more, but you get her.” Yoojung pouted.

I just rolled my eyes and opened the door. The three of them were still standing there not really talking.

“Alright, Sejeong? Let’s go. Time for the next class.” I said gesturing for her to follow.

“Uhh D-Doyeon, our c-class is the o-opposite.” Yoojung said nervously, making me stifled my laugh. Doyeon also smiled too seeing how nervous Yoojung was. When I looked to Sejeong she was expressionless. The older guy that was with them bid them goodbye and we went our separate ways.

“So what made you guys want to come to school?” I asked striking up a conversation because the silence was bothering me.

Sejeong didn’t answer though. She didn’t even look at me. She just kept looking forward as we were walking.

Oh right. I remembered when Yoojung was fangirling to me before, Sejeong is the chic and cool type, who rarely smiles and doesn’t show much affections yet somehow it attracted a lot of fans and they’re okay with liking an idol who is really cold.

This was the part that I dread. Right when I walked into class with Sejeong, all eyes were on me and I can everyone staring at it with their eyes widened. Then there were A LOT of talking.

“Alright class calm down.” The prof said.

“Sorry for being late, I was in the office.” I apologized.

“The dean already explained to me. You can take your seat along with Sejeong.”
We made our ways to our seats and I can still feel everyone’s eyes on us. Oh god is this how it’s going to be for the rest of the day?

Once the class finally quieted down, the prof started lecturing. I took out my notebook and started taking notes. Sejeong took hers out too, but she wasn’t writing anything.
“You know the point of taking out your notebook and pencil is to take notes.” I whispered.

Of course no response. Maybe that’s good, it’ll make my life easier.

When the bell rang and it was time for lunch, everyone ran to our table. .

“Omg you’re Sejeong!”
“Can I get a picture with you?”
“Can you sing for us?”
“Is Doyeon here too?”
“When are you guys having a comeback?”
All these questions. All these fangirls and fanboys, Sejeong just kept a straight face.

“Sorry guys, lunch time.” I said making my way through the crowd. Once I was out, I looked back and saw Sejeong stuck there unable to move. Sigh. I made my way back in, then I grabbed Sejeong’s wrist and pulled her along me. Her fans kind of gave me some glares, but I didn’t care. We got out of the classroom.

“Don’t touch me.” Sejeong finally talked then jerked her hand away from me.

Rude.

“Geeze my bad. Was just trying to save you.”
Then we walked to the cafeteria, I realized that the whole school was basically there so I stopped us before we walked in.

“Look, I am supposed to show you around and stuff, but right now it’s like a free period. You can wander around or do your own thing.”

Before I even finished my sentence Sejeong started walking the other way. Well okay then.

I walked into the cafeteria and went to the table I usually sat at with my friends. Of course it was surrounded. Ugh I hate my life now. I made my way through and sat next to Nayoung. I saw Doyeon sitting there with Yoojung, ahh that’s why the table is so crowded. Doyeon was greeting each person nicely and smiling and signing autographs and taking selfies. It made me smile seeing how nice she was, unlike Sejeong.

“Alright people! Go back to eating or something. Leave these girls to eat.” One of my favorite teacher said.
Everyone groaned and left. Thank god.

“Thank you.” I said.

“No problem.” She smiled then walked away.

“Where’s Sejeong unnie?” Doyeon asked.

“She went somewhere by herself.” I said.

Doyeon pouted a bit and then took out her phone, I’m guessing to text Sejeong.

“How was class Yoojung-ah? Did everyone come at you like how they did with me?”
“Yup.” Yoojung sighed.

“Sorry.” Doyeon smiled apologetically.

“No no! It’s not your fault.” Yoojung quickly said.

“Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.” Jieqiong laughed.

“Don’t make fun.” Nayoung said hitting Jieqiong’s shoulder.

As I was eating I can see Doyeon and Yoojung getting along really well. Made me kind of jealous, why did I get stuck with the mean one?

“I’m gonna go meet up with Sejeong unnie.” Doyeon said getting up.

“I’ll text you when lunch is over.” Yoojung said.

“Okay! Bye guys, it was really nice meeting you all.” Doyeon smiled then left.

“Wow Yoojung-ah, you’re so lucky. At least she talks. Sejeong barely said anything to me.”
“Oh really? As expected.” Yoojung said.

“How is it so far unnie?” Sohye asked.

“Eh not too bad. Since she doesn’t talk I can just go on with my everyday life and pretend she’s not there.” I shrugged.

We continued eating our lunch and talked. Sometimes people would come to us and ask us about Sejeong and Doyeon, but we didn’t say much. Mainly because there weren’t much things to say anyways.

The cafeteria basically got super loud again. When I turned around to see the commotion I see Doyeon and Sejeong walking in. Luckily the teachers were there to calm the students down, otherwise I’m pretty sure they would have ran to them. Doyeon and Sejeong made their ways to our table and sat down. Well doyeon sat, Sejeong stood there a bit hesitant.

“Sit unnie.” Doyeon said.

Sejeong complied and sat down. I couldn’t help but smile seeing how Sejeong listened to Doyeon, even though she was older.

“You didn’t bring any food? Here have some of mine.” I said offering some food from my lunchbag.

Sejeong just stared at it then pushed it away.

“Alright never mind.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Sorry unnie.” Doyeon smiled apologetically.

The others started talking among themselves to avoid the awkwardness. I was talking to Sohye and Jieqiong, occasionally drifting to Sejeong. She was still expressionless, not saying or even doing anything. What a mystery.


“Alright so here are the dorms, they separate it by ranks.” I explained as we got to my dorm, “what room are you?” I asked.

Sejeong just handed me a paper and I looked at it. Of course. Of freaking course. Her room number is the same as mine. Normally the top 5 ranks doesn’t have roommates, well I guess that’s changed for Yoojung and I.

“That’s my room.” I sighed, of course getting no response.

We made our ways to my room and when we went in, I already saw two luggages. Great. My room is kind of big compared to the other dorm, so I had a lot of empty spaces left, I guess it won’t matter having another person here.

“I’ll take the left side and you can do whatever on the right side.” I said, walking over towards my bed.

“Right now it’s time for club activities and stuff, mine starts in an hour so I’m going to get ready. You can just hangout here to set things up or explore the campus. Doyeon is probably staying in Yoojung’s room, it’s only two doors down.” I explained.

I swear it’s like I’m talking to a wall. I just proceed to getting ready for my dance practice. I was kind of used to having my own room and just changing freely. I took off my shirt and pants and were only in my undergarments, walking around looking for my practice clothes. I didn’t realized it until I turned around and saw Sejeong turning away and covering her eyes, making her look like a cute 5 year old.

“Yah we all have the same parts, you don’t have to cover your eyes.” I said in amused tone.

“Sorry the ugliness was blinding me.” Sejeong said her second sentence throughout the day.

I felt my jaw dropped. Can’t believe this girl.

“Kidding.” She said noticing my expression.

Did she just joked with me?

“Whatever. I’m leaving, I’ll be back soon. Don’t get lost or anything.” I said, then grabbed my bag and left the door.

Sejeong POV

Finally I got the room to myself. My bed hasn’t came in yet so I went to laid on Chungha unnie’s bed and scrolled through my phones. I kept smiling at myself remembering her expression when I called her ugly, which was not true at all. She’s really pretty, kind of nice I guess.

I had to roll out of bed when I heard someone knocking on the door. Please don’t let it be a fan, I just want some time to myself right now. I opened the door and was greeted by Doyeon.

“Relax unnie, it’s just me.” She said and walked in.

“How’s your first day going?” I asked.

“Good, everyone is really nice. Yoojung is really nice and helpful.” DOyeon smiled.

“That’s good.”
“What about you and Chungha unnie?”
“She’s nice, I think she’s getting frustrated at my lack of response and talking.”

“I will never understand you. You’re only you when you’re with me, but when you’re with everyone else you’re so cold and scary.” Doyeon shuddered.

“That’s cause I love you the most.” I winked.

“Gross.” She said throwing a stuffed animal at me.

“I don’t know, I prefer to be alone and distant. As my best friend though you bring out the fun side of me.”
“I feel so special.” Doyeon laughed, “but you know since you’re gonna be around Chungha unnie 24/7 you can’t always be cold and stuff towards her.”
“I know! Earlier I accidentally .”

“What?! Wow. Usually you have such better control over yourself. Remember unnie, we’re here to learn not fall in love.” Doyeon stuck her tongue out.

“Yah I’m not one to fall easily, unlike someone! I’m pretty sure you’re already starting to like Yoojung.”
“No way, plus she’s your fan.” Doyeon said, but I can sense a hint of sadness.

“Of course, everyone is my fan.” I said smugly.

“I don’t get it, I’m the friendliest one between the two of us. You’re just scary.”
“People like scary.” I shrugged.

Doyeon and I got bored staying in the room, so we put on a hat and face mask and walked around the campus. There weren’t that much people on campus, mainly since classes were over. I was glad because I didn’t want to get attack by fans.

I never wanted this life. I was afraid of people. I always felt like this life didn’t fit me and I was forced into it by my parents and it is now too late to back out. I even showed that I hated it, but it seems like it made the fans like it even more. They like my cold and scary aura. I’m only nice and friendly to Doyeon, and about three other people. That’s all. Everyone else they just use me. They’re such a fake. I hate that people are always so careful around me and like me only because I was famous.

“I know that you’re excited about starting school and making friends, but remember to be careful, okay?” I said to Doyeon.

“Unnie, I know. You always tell me.” Doyeon smiled.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. People never see past the famous us.” I sighed.

“Maybe that’s why I like Yoojung so much. She talks to me like a regular person.”

“How does she talk to you like a regular person?”

“She doesn’t ask about the tours, or the concerts, or the performances, or if I’m close to other famous people. She asks me about my interests and what I like. I think Chungha unnie is like that too.”
“Told ya you like her already.”
“No I don’t!” Doyeon quickly denied.

I felt like I always have to take good care of Doyeon because she tends to fall for people easily. She never pursue it though because it’s too hard to date. She falls for people fast, but she also falls out of them within a week or so.

“Oh look  it’s your girlfriend.” I teased seeing Yoojung and Chungha unnie coming out of a building.

“Not my girlfriend! But let’s go to them.”
“I don’t wanna.”
“Too bad.”
Doyeon grabbed my wrist and dragged me to them. They didn’t see us at first, but once they did they waved happily. Mainly they waved to Doyeon happily because she was waving back, I was just staring.

“Hey Doyeon!” Yoojung smiled, “h-hi S-Sejeong unnie.”

I had to hide my smile seeing how nervous Yoojung was around me.

“Hey!” Doyeon greeted, then nudged me.

“Hi.” I said soullessly.

“What are you guys doing out?” Chungha asked.

“Just exploring.” Doyeon answered.

“Want to grab dinner together?” Yoojung asked, smiling brightly.

“Yeah!” Doyeon agreed.

We all walked to a plaza nearby school where all the restaurants were. We were about to cross the street, but this car ran a redlight. Chungha unnie was too busy on her phone to notice and was about to step down onto the street, but I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me as the car passed by. At this point I was basically hugging her.

“Unnie! You almost died!” Yoojung shouted.

“Oh shoot, sorry! I was too focus on my phone.” Chungha unnie apologized.

“Stupid.” I muttered.

“Rude. You can let me go now.” Chungha unnie said, totally changing her tone when talking to me. Inside I was laughing seeing how I annoy her so much.

“What if I don’t want to?” I said tightened my grip on her.

“Yah!” Chungha unnie shouted and hit me on my arm and pushed me.

Wow. I think that is the first time someone ever hit me and pushed my hug away. This girl is interesting.

Then we continued walking around trying to find something to eat. Chungha unnie walked a bit ahead to walk with Yoojung, while I walked with Doyeon.

“What was that?” Doyeon asked.

“What was what?”
“You don’t want to let Chungha unnie go?” Doyeon said with a teasing smile.

“It just came out…” I said, which was true. I normally don’t joke around with stranger.

“Told yah you’re gonna open up to Chungha unnie.”
“This was just an accident.” I said, “plus she’s interesting, that’s why.”

We finally settled on a place to eat and just ate. It was kind of hard to eat with some people staring at us, Doyeon and I are used to it, but I can see Chungha unnie and Yoojung feeling uncomfortable.

“Sorry guys…” Doyeon apologized.
“It’s okay, but I feel bad for you guys for always having to deal with this.” Chungha unnie said.

After we finished eating we walked back to the dorm. Doyeon and Yoojung went into their room, while Chungha unnie and I went to ours.

Once I finished showering and getting ready for bed, I walked over and laid on Chungha unnie’s bed.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?” She said standing above me.

“My bed is going to be here tomorrow.”

“Then sleep on the floor!”
Yup. Definitely not used to this. Usually people would do whatever to please me or let me have my way.

“Too bad.” I said then turned my back to her and closed my eyes.

“I hate my life.” I heard Chungha unnie muttered to herself.

She grabbed some spare blanket and made a small bed for herself on the floor and laid there. I felt a bit bad, but I was also laughing to myself. She must really hate me.


Chungha POV

“Yah! Wake up!” I said hitting Sejeong with a pillow.

She just tossed and turned.

“YAH KIM SEJEONG!” I shouted.

She finally opened her eyes and slowly get up.

“Hurry up! We’re going to be late for class!”
“Just leave without me.” Sejeong said sleepily.

“I would if I could, but I can’t. So hurry up!” I was starting to get really annoyed.
Sejeong lazily got off the bed and went to get ready. I was feeling really impatient so I kept pacing around the room. I’ve never been late before so this was stressing me out a bit.

After what felt forever she was finally ready.

“Let’s go!”
We went out of the dorm and ran to class. Well I ran, Sejeong walked. I guess she finally felt some sort of guilt or she didn’t want to be left behind she finally ran after too.

“You’re late.” My prof said. Ugh out of all the classes why did I have to be late for this professor? She’s the meanest one.
“Sorry.” I apologized.

“Detention. Both of you.”

. I never gotten detention before.

“Can’t you give us a warning?” I asked.

“No.”
I sighed, and made my way to my seat. Sejeong followed behind and she didn’t seem like she cared at all. Of course why would she, she already have a future and everything. I’ve been trying so hard for a perfect record and now it’s ruined.

After class was finished we made way to our next class. I was still mad so I just walked ahead while Sejeong walked behind. I walked in and I see Sejeong looking at me, but I ignored it.

Soon after all the morning classes were finished, I walked to lunch by myself. Sejeong should know where the cafeteria or wherever she wants to go.

“Oh unnie, where’s Sejeong unnie?” Sohye asked.

“Don’t know. Don’t care.” I answered.

“Wow you must really dislike her.” Nayoung noted.

“Hmm what gave it away?”

“Dang who spit in your coffee this morning?” Yoojung asked, noticing my bad mood.

“I got detention.” I sighed.

“You?!” Jieqiong eyes widened.

“Kim Chungha got detention?!” Nayoung repeated.

I just stared at them.
“Why?” Yoojung asked.

“Sejeong overslept and made us late.”
“Oh Sejeong unnie is really hard to wake up.” Doyeon said when she came to the table and sat beside Yoojung.

“Yeah thanks. I noticed.” I said.

We dropped the topic since it was just getting me more mad. I kind of wondered where Sejeong went, since she didn’t come to the cafeteria at all.

The rest of the day went by fast because I was just so focused on the detention that I didn’t think about anything else. Since classes were done, it was time for detention. I was dreading it because that meant I was going to miss my dance club meeting. Great. Sejeong was following me behind, I still haven’t said a word to her all day since I was still mad. I was getting over it though because it’s already done. There’s no point in being mad.

“Hello.” I greeted the teacher there as I walked in.
“Oh Chungha, what are you doing here?” The teacher asked me.

“I got detention.” I sighed.

“Really? From who? I don’t see your name here.”
“From prof Hall. Sejeong and I got detention for being late.” I answered.
“No I only see Sejeong’s name here.” She said looking at the paper, “let me call professor Hall to make sure.”

Sejeong walked past me and went to sit down at a seat. I thought it was weird that my name wasn’t on there. Professor Hall never makes careless mistake.

“Yup, she said Sejeong came by the class to explain why you guys were late. So since it wasn’t your fault, she’s only giving detention to Sejeong.”
Sejeong went to talk to the professor? I looked over to her, but she was staring out the window. Wow, I didn’t know she was capable of being nice or thoughtful of others. Then again she did save me yesterday.

“Oh okay, thank you.” I said, then I left the room to go to the dance meeting.

Sejeong is really just full of surprises.

As I was making my way to the dance room, I saw about 4 girls coming towards me. Oh come on. I was walking faster trying to avoid them but then they blocked my way.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“You’re the one showing our Sejeong around, right?” One of the girl said.

Our Sejeong? Wow.

“Yeah.”
“It better just be school related. I’m the president for one of her fan club and let me just warn you now. I know Sejeong is irresistible and stuff, but you better stay away from her otherwise we’re going to have a little problem.”
“I’m not even her fan. Don’t worry.” I rolled my eyes, then walked off.

Gosh fangirls can be really scary.


A month have passed since I got stuck with Sejeong. Sejeong has finally opened up and talks to me. She makes conversations sometimes and actually smiled to me a couple of times. The fans stopped bothering us, but would come up from time to time. Same with Doyeon and Yoojung. They’ve gotten pretty close. Before Doyeon used to come to my room a lot to hangout with Sejeong, but now she mostly likes hanging out Yoojung. I always about liking Yoojung, she denies it but I can see that she does like her. Yoojung is oblivious of course, so she just sees Doyeon as a friend. I feel like Yoojung might also like Doyeon too, the way Yoojung would light up when Doyeon comes. Or the smile she gives when she tells a story about them.

“I need help.” Sejeong said putting a piece of paper in front of me.

“This is easy though.”
“Of course it’s easy for you, you’re a nerd.”

I just glared at her, while she gave a goofy smile. She has a really nice smile. It was strange seeing Sejeong like this. I remember when we first met, she was cold and scary. Doyeon told me how she’s not like that. She told me that Sejeong’s personality is much like Yoojung, she just doesn’t like showing it. When she first told me I was so shocked. Yoojung is such a hyper little puppy, it’s weird thinking Sejeong would be like that. Now I can actually kind of see it.

“This is how you do it.” I sighed placing the paper on a table and her.

I started writing down the equation and helping her set it up.

“Oh oh oh .” She said then she grabbed a hold of me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in a worried tone.

“That!” She said pointing to a cockroach on the floor.

“Oh gross, must have been you who brought it in.”
“What?!” Sejeong said.

“I’ve lived here for a while and haven’t seen a cockroach until now.”
“Kill it!” Sejeong was basically clawing into my shoulder now.

“It’s innocent, I don’t want to kill it!”

“Just get it away from me!” Sejeong said, I can tell she was really scared.

I sighed, then I grabbed a paper cup and a piece of napkin. Then I got the cockroach and threw it out through our small window.

“You don’t want to kill it, but throwing it out the window is okay…”
“Would you rather have it in here?” I eyed her.
“No thanks I’m good.”
“I didn’t know the great Kim Sejeong was scared of a tiny insect.”
“Shut up.” Sejeong said with her 5 year old tone.

“Alright back to work.” I said.

“I’m tired. I’m gonna sleep.”

“Yah you gotta finish this.”
“No thank you.”

Sejeong went and laid on her bed. I walked over to her bed to pull her out, but then her stupid skateboard got in the way, making me tripped. It was like in the movie. I felt myself falling and screaming, but then half of my body landed on Sejeong’s bed, I would have totally missed her bed if Sejeong didn’t get up and pulled me a bit. Now we were in kind of an awkward position. Our bodies were almost touching, and our face were inches apart. I felt my cheeks heating up from the closeness.

“S-sorry.” I stuttered out. Stupid. Why am I stuttering?
“Be careful dummy.”

“You’re the dummy.” I muttered as i got out of her hold.

“Can I ask you a question?” Sejeong asked suddenly.

“Shoot.”

“What am I to you?” She asked.

“A pain.”

Sejeong just glared at me.

“Actually change of question. Who are you exactly?” She asked, making me stare at her in confusion, “when we first met you didn’t go crazy or anything.”
“Hate to break it to you, but not everyone is a fan of you.” I answered.

“You’re genuinely helping me and stuff, which I find weird.”
“Why do you find it weird?”
I actually find this situation weird.

“Because I’m not used to it. Everyone only helps me if they want something. They just use me. What do you want?”

“Nothing.” I said.

“Really? Are you telling the truth? There has to be something you want.”
“I want a good future, which means only I can control that. So you’re no use to me.”

“Exactly! So why are you so willing to help and stuff?”
“Sejeong-ah, have you never had a friend or something? That’s what friends do, they help each other without wanting anything in return.”
“No I never had a friend, except for Doyeon, but she’s like a little sister.”

Damn. This conversation got real serious real fast. I felt bad for Sejeong though. She can never live a normal life. It is hard for her to make friends since they would just want to use her.

“Well now you got one. Two actually counting Yoojung, actually a couple more with Nayoung and the others.” I said.

“Thanks.” Sejeong gave a small smile.

I don’t know what came over me, maybe because Sejeong looked like a sad puppy or I just felt bad. I sat down on her bed and pulled her in for a tight hug. I can feel her body tensed up at the sudden action, but she relaxed into it and hugged me back.  


Sejeong POV

“Doyeon-ah.” I said sweetly.

“Unnie! I’m trying to do my homework.” Doyeon sighed in frustration.
“Take a 20 minutes break, I want to talk to you.”
“Fine, what’s up?” She asked as she put down her pencil.
“What does it feel like when you like someone?” I asked.

Doyeon looked surprised, but she still answered, “uhh well you feel happy when you’re with them. You want to talk to them and hear their voice, even if it’s a nonsense topic, you don’t care. When they’re happy, you’re happy. When they’re sad, you’re sad.”
“That sounds like how I feel about you though.” I interrupted her.

“Awww unnie, are you confessing to me?” Doyeon teased.

“Pssh you wish!”

“Anyways! It’s like a different kind of happy when you’re with them. Why are you asking this?”
“You thought of Yoojung when you were saying all of this didn’t you?” I asked with a teasing smile.

“Shut up.”
“Anyways, I asked because ugh how do I say this…”
“Oooooh Sejeong unnie, you finally like someone?!”
“She did it, Doyeon-ah. You were right.”
“What?” Doyeon asked in a confused tone.

“I actually have normal conversations with Chungha unnie. I actually smile and laugh like how I do with you. It’s weird.”
“I knew it!” Doyeon squealed in happiness.

“Yah keep it down!”
“So do you like her?”

“I feel like I do. She makes my heart race a lot. She makes me feel like a normal person.” I smiled thinking about her.
“Awwww! You’re so cute right now!” Doyeon said hugging me tight.

“Yah better not say anything to anyone.”

“Of course. Are you going to tell her though?”
“What?! Why in the world would I do that?”

“Uhh well unnie, normally when you like someone you want to be with them. So you gotta ask her out on a date and stuff.”
“What if she says no?”
“She probably will.” Doyeon shrugged.

“You’re really bad at this, you know?”
“I’m kidding unnie! Just get on her good side. Stop being mean to her, maybe she’ll fall for you too.”

“I hope.”
“I have an idea! Since we’re going out to hangout with them, just follow what I do to Yoojung.”
“Why?” I asked.

“So that way you and Chungha unnie can be more comfortable together and maybe it can lead into something more.”
“What? How would me doing what you do with Yoojung will make Chungha unnie and I comfortable around each other?”

“Yoojung and I are really close and comfortable with each other, aren’t we?”
“True...but I don’t know.”
“Trust me unnie!”
After our little conversation we got ready to go meet up with the others. Since it was a saturday we all decided to go to the mall to hangout and stuff. Honestly speaking, it felt nice to be able to hangout with a group of friends doing normal stuff. I really like Chungha unnie’s group of friends, but I haven’t had a real conversation with them yet. I’m just afraid they might just be using us, but it doesn’t seem like it.

“Hey guys!” Doyeon greeted once we saw the others.

“Hi.” I said.

The others all replied. I saw Yoojung immediately ran to Doyeon and hugged her, which made me smile. Chungha unnie was busy talking to Sohye to pay attention to me, which made me sad. I saw Doyeon eyeing me. Wait...does she want me to hug Chungha unnie? My question was quickly answered when Doyeon did a hugging gesture and tilted her head towards Chungha unnie. Nope this girl is crazy. I quickly shook my head, but Doyeon kept glaring at me, making me sigh.

I walked over to Chungha unnie and wrapped my arms around her really quick, then let go. She just stared at me with a weird look and then went back to her conversation with Sohye.

“You guys didn’t eat yet, right? Let’s eat something then we can walk around.” Nayoung unnie said, while the others agree.

We all started heading to the food court and we were walking in pairs, Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong were in the front. Sohye was walking with Doyeon and Yoojung. Chungha unnie and I were the last ones walking beside them.
“You’re weird.” Chungha unnie said.

“I know.”

When I looked ahead, I saw Doyeon interlocking her fingers with Yoojung. Yoojung turned to look at her and smiled. Then Doyeon turned around and stared at me. This freaking kid. What is she trying to do? I shook my head again, but Doyeon’s glares actually scares me a bit.

I took in a deep breath and then I grabbed Chungha unnie’s finger and interlocked them. She looked down at our joint hand, then she looked at me. I just gave her a small smile. She looked at me weirdly, but she didn’t pull her hand back or anything. It felt nice holding her hands. I like this.

We got to the food court and found an empty table to sit at. The others were walking around finding the food they want to eat. Chungha unnie and I decided to stay behind to hold the table.

“Yah what's up with you?” Chungha unnie asked.

“What?”

“The hug and the holding hands.”

“Don't friends do these things?”

“Yeah I guess...but you don't.”

“Yes I do.”

“This is weird. I remember when you barely talked to me...now you've really opened up.”

“Do you not like it?”

“Of course I do. This new you is a lot nicer than before.”

The others came back with food, making our conversation stopped. Doyeon bought me something that I like, while Yoojung got something that Chungha unnie liked. We all started digging in and talking among ourselves. While I was eating I made the mistake of looking at Doyeon. I see her feeding Yoojung, then she looked at me and smirked. This is not what friends do...right?

“Unnie.” I whispered.

“What?”

“Say ahhh.” I said putting some food in front of .

“Seriously, who are you?”

“Just be nice and accept my offering.”

“No thank you.” Chungha unnie said then turned her attention to her food.

I can hear Doyeon giggling at my failed attempt.

God this is not me. I'm not one to be mushy gushy. Only to Doyeon. Now here I am holding hands with Chungha unnie and feeding her. What is she doing to me? I never really liked anyone before so I don't exactly know what to do. I could just ignore it and go back to my cold self, but then that's pretty lonely. I can confess to Chungha unnie, but then that's risking our friendship and making things awkward between us. Then again I'm always one to just go for it… ugh I'm so conflicted.

After we finished eating we all started walking around the stores just looking around. I didn't pay attention to much since I already have everything I wanted. Chungha unnie wasn't looking around much either so we kind of stayed together most of the time.

“Why aren't you looking for stuff?”

“Eh I already have everything I need.” Chungha unnie answered.

Since everyone was busy shopping maybe this would be the right time to confess to Chungha unnie. I honestly just wanted to get it over with so I can stop thinking and doubting myself.

“Unnie.”

“What?”

“Do you want to go out with me?” I asked, I can see the surprised look on her face.

“Heh nice one.” She said.

“I'm serious. Go out with me, be my girlfriend.”

“We've only known each other for a month, you barely just started having full conversations with me.”

“Yeah so we can be together and get to know each other more.” I said.

“Why do you want to go out with me?”

“You're not like others you see the real me and you make me happy. You make me feel like a normal person.”

“Sejeong-ah. I like you, and it would be nice to be your girlfriend, but I don't think it'll work out.”

“Why wouldn't it?”

“You have a huge fan base that I'm pretty sure will come murder me once news breaks out.”

“No they won't. I'll tell them to leave you alone.”

“Like I said, you have a huge fan base. I'm pretty sure there's someone that's better than me. I'm just always gonna be afraid of you leaving me for someone better.”

“No one’s better than you though.”

“There's always someone better than me.”

“Well then there's no one that makes me feel the way you make me feel.”

“I miss the quiet Sejeong.” Chungha unnie said.

“So what do you say? Be my girlfriend?”

“No.”

“Unnie! Come on, just give us a chance.”

“No.”

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me.

“Yah let go, we’re in public.”

“Not until you agree to be my girlfriend.”

“I'm pretty sure this is blackmailing.”

“It won't be if you say yes.”

“No.”

I leaned in and pressed my lips on her forehead.

“Chungha unnie, go out with me.”

“Don't you understand no?”

I leaned in again, this time pressing my lips on her nose.

“Let go, the others are gonna come and see.”

“Let them.” I said.

“Sejeong-ah…”

“Unnie! What's the harm in us just trying things out?”

“It might not work out then we will be awkward together.” Chungha unnie sighed.

“But what if it does work out?”

“We’re not like Doyeon and Yoojung.” Chungha unnie said.

“Doyeon and Yoojung? They're just friends though.”

“No they're not, they got together two nights ago.”

“What?!”

“Doyeon didn't tell you?”

I just shook my head. Oh my god, this is why she was so brave when hugging yoojung and holding hands and feeding her. They were already a couple.

“Chungha unnie, do you like me?” I asked.

“Most of the times, yeah.”

“There, question answered. So now we’re together?”

“What? How does that make us together?”

“I like you and you like me. Simple as that.”

“I'm too scared of your fans.”

“I'll protect you.”

“I'm…”

“Stop making excuses.”

I placed my lips on hers and started kissing. Chungha unnie responded making me smile into the kiss. This has got to be a yes now.

“Wow wow wow. We’re in public guys.” Nayoung unnie said breaking us apart.

“Sorry.” I apologized.

“So when did this happened?” Jieqiong asked.

“There's nothing.” Chungha unnie said.

“Right because it's normal for the great conservative Chungha to be making out in public with just a friend.” Nayoung unnie said sarcastically, making everyone laugh.

Chungha unnie just looked away and we just dropped the topic and moved onto the next store. Chungha unnie went up ahead and walked with Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong. I stayed in the back walking behind them. I guess the sudden confession didn't go as plan. She did technically answered me...she said no. So do I give up? Then again she said she likes me and kissed me back, so do I keep trying?

Doyeon and Yoojung slowed down their pace so I would be walking with that.

“Wow unnie, you are really brave.” Yoojung said.

“When I said to confess to her and ask her out, I didn’t mean do it so suddenly.” Doyeon facepalmed herself.

“I’m new to this!” I said defending myself.

“So what’s up with you two now?” Doyeon asked.

“I don’t know...I asked her out and she said no, but then she kissed me back and said she likes me too. Your unnie is confusing.” I said talking to Yoojung.

“You should just keep trying. Show her that you’re sincere, she had a bad history with a relationship before, so she’s always been kind of iffy.”
“History of a bad relationship? What do you mean?”
“Uhhh I think Chungha unnie should be the one to tell you.” Yoojung said zipping her lips.

“Yah by the way Kim Doyeon, how dare you not tell me that you and Yoojung are together?” I said glaring at Doyeon.

“Whoops, must have slipped my mind.” Doyeon shrugged.

“Guess you’re not a fan of me anymore huh, Yoojung-ah?”

“No I still like you more than Doyeon.”
“What?!” Doyeon said and let go of their joint hand.

“Kidding!” Yoojung laughed.

Doyeon just glared at Yoojung, while Yoojung was smiling cheekily and hugged her.


Within a week news broke out. Someone had saw us at the mall and took pictures. There was a picture of Chungha unnie and I kissing. There were a lot of positive comments and also a lot of negative comments. The negative comments were mostly to Chungha unnie, which made me feel really bad. I can take the bad comments I’m used to it, but I was worried about Chungha unnie. Speaking of which, I actually haven’t seen her all day. I texted her, but no answer. I asked the others if she was with them and they said no. Now I was on my way back to our room, hoping that she’s there.

When I walked in, the room was pretty dark since we only had a small window and the lights weren’t on. I the light and saw Chungha unnie sitting on the ground at the end of her bed, with her knees hugged to her chest. I can tell she’s been crying.

“Unnie!” I quickly went to her side.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, but she didn’t answer.

I took a quick look at her and saw that one side of her cheek was swollen red, and she had a small cut on the end of her lip. I checked her arms and a hand mark around her wrist.

“Who did this to you?!” I asked, feeling my anger boil up.

Chungha unnie flinched at my sudden raise in voice and jerked her hand away.

“S-sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. Tell me what’s wrong please?”

No answer again.

“Was it the fans? Unnie please, I just want to help you.”
“Leave!” She said pushing me, making me fall back a bit.

I felt so frustrated and mad at myself for not being able to help her. I took out my phone and told Yoojung to come. Thankfully she was in her room, so she came by pretty fast.

“Chungha unnie!” Yoojung eyes widened and came to hug her.

Chungha unnie didn’t flinch or anything, she just hugged Yoojung back making my heart hurt.

“I’m gonna leave you two to talk, please make sure she’s okay.” I struggled out to say. Then I got up and walked out of the room and sat in the hallways.

Doyeon came out of her room and sat beside me.

“I hate this life.” I said.

“I know…” Doyeon wrapped her arms around me tightly.

“Why do I keep hurting everyone that’s important to me?”
“It wasn’t you who hurt Chungha unnie though.”
“It was partly me because of the fans.”

“Then you should take it to social media and tell them to leave you and Chungha unnie alone. Unnie, I’m pretty sure if you talk to our manager he’ll help us warn them about being sued and stuff.”
“I guess that’s one solution.” I said sighing.

Doyeon and I called our manager and talked to him about this. I thought he would be mad at me for making such a scandal, but instead he patted me on the back and said he was happy I found someone.

After what felt like forever Yoojung came out of the room.

“Yoojung, is she okay?” I quickly asked.

“She’s sleeping now.” Yoojugn gave a small smile.

“What happened?” Doyeon asked.
“Your fans.” Yoojung said looking at me.
“, I knew it!” I said punching a wall nearby.

“Unnie, be careful!” Doyeon said holding my hand.

“They didn’t do much to her, it’s just...you know how I told you she was in a bad relationship before? She was in an abusive relationship, the guy would hurt her and threatened her a lot. So when your fans were attacking her all those bad memories came back and it just scared her again.”
“What?! Why do these bad things happen to Chungha unnie? So her ex-boyfriend used to abuse her.” I said clenching my fist tightly.

“Yeah...it was really bad, but she got through it. Sometimes the memories just comes back to her and it scares her. She’ll be okay though.” Yoojung assured us, “Sejeong unnie, please just be there for her.”
“Of course.” I said.

“I mean it, don’t hurt her or anything. If you really want to be with her you have to find a way to keep her safe from all the bad comments and threats from your fans.”
“Doyeon and I already took care of that, I just hope it works…”
“Okay, then I’m going to leave Chungha unnie in your care. Be her rock, unnie.” Yoojung patted my shoulder then she grabbed Doyeon and went back to their room.

I walked into the room and saw Chungha unnie resting on the bed. I gently climbed onto the bed too and wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

“I promise to always protect you.” I said as I snuggled into her.


Chungha POV

I woke up and saw Sejeong beside me hugging me tightly. I couldn’t help but smile seeing how cute she looked. I don’t know why, but I leaned in and kissed her forehead. Then I winced due to the cut on my lip. Oh right, I got jumped by 5 girls. Seriously, some people are so crazy. When I was running errands for a teacher the girls popped out of nowhere and showed me a picture of Sejeong and I kissing. I didn’t even know it was leaked online. Then they were all yelling at me and slapping me. I gotta remember to thank my cousin Somi for forcing me to learn to fight with her, it helped me out otherwise I’m pretty sure I would have had more bruises.

Getting hit brought back a lot of bad memories though. I didn’t want to think about them, but they just came flooding my mind and I felt myself breaking down. I remember I was so in love with him and he was in love with me too, then I don’t know what happened but everything changed. He became possessive, he didn’t like me hanging out with my friends or even talking to other people. He got mad and became agitated really easily. It took me too long to leave him, I was glad that I did though, but then it scarred me from liking people and wanting to be with them.

I was so surprised when Sejeong asked me to go out with her. She never really showed any interest in being more than friends. I seriously thought she was messing with me, but she kept being persistent on it. She also stupidly kissed me in public. Not that I didn’t like the kiss, but that led to her fans going crazy. After we came home from the mall things were a bit awkward between us. She asked me one more time to be with her, but I still said no. In the span of one week, before the pictures were leaked, Sejeong and I became a bit distant. Sejeong didn’t talk as much as she did. It was like back to her first time with the cold replies. I hated it. I was afraid though. I was afraid of being with someone again. My head was filled with so many doubts. The others kept reassuring me. Doyeon, especially Doyeon, kept talking to me about giving Sejeong a chance. She was saying how Sejeong never truly liked anyone before until now. It made me softened and considered it.

“What are you thinking so deeply about?” Sejeong said sleepily as she opened her eyes, scaring me.

“Nothing.” I gave a small smile.

“Are you alright? Does anything still hurt?” Sejeong asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, nothing I can’t handle.”

“I’m so sorry, this was all my fault. I was careless. I should have been there to protect you. This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t meet me.”

Instead of answering I just gave her a smile and placed my hand on her cheeks. Then I leaned in and and gave her a soft kiss on her lips, then I pulled back smiling. Sejeong had a shocked/blank expression on her.

“What?” I asked.

“Well...just a couple of hours ago you pushed me roughly and told me to leave, but now you’re all smiley and kissing me.”

“I guess when you like someone so much you slowly start becoming like them.”
“What do you mean?” Sejeong asked in a confused tone.

I was about to answer, but then Sejeong realized what I meant based on her expression.

“Wait a minute! Do you mean me? Like how I was mean to you before, but now I’m nice?”
“Took you long enough.”

“Wait another minute! So you like me a lot?” Sejeong broke out in a huge smile.

Just when I was about to answer, I heard a knock on my door.

“Don’t move, maybe they’ll go away thinking no one is in here.” Sejeong said stopping me from getting up.

“Tsk you dummy.” I laughed and got off the bed to go open it.

I looked through the little peephole and saw Nayoung and behind were the others.

“Hey.” I greeted as I open the door.

“Chungha! Are you okay?!” Nayoung used both her hands and squished my cheeks together and started inspecting me.

“I’m fine.” I said through my squished cheeks.

“Who were they?! I’m gonna go after them.” Jieqiong said.

“Yeah!” Sohye agreed.

“Thanks guys, but it’s okay!” I smiled.

Nayoung leaned in and whispered, “I also heard about your breakdown. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“yeah , it was just a one time thing.” I said.

“I’m glad.” Nayoung gave me another hug.

“So what are you and Sejeong, hmmm?” Nayoung asked.

“Please tell me you guys are finally together.” Doyeon said.

“Uhhh.” I said.

“Of course we are.” Sejeong said and backhugged me, making me blush.

“Finally Chungha unnie found someone!” Jieqiong cheered.
“Eh Chungha can do better.” Nayoung shrugged.

“Hey!” Sejeong pouted.

“I think so too.” Yoojung agreed.

“Same.” Sohye said.

“Your friends are mean.” Sejeong said sadly, “alright, since you guys can see that Chungha unnie is okay. You guys can leave now.”

“Rude.” Doyeon crossed her arm.
“Alright we’re leaving, we just came to check up on you.” Nayoung said.

“Remember to play safe unnie!” Jieqiong winked.

The others laughed as they walked out the door, while I was blushing. Then they all left and Sejeong closed the door then turned around to me.

“So what were you saying before they came?” Sejeong asked.

“Uhhh I don’t remember.”

“I think it was something about you liking me a lot.”

“Mmm no I don’t remember.” I said pretending to look clueless.

“Oh really?” Sejeong inched towards me then s her arms around my waist pulling me close to her.

Sejeong tightened her hold on me and hugged me tightly.

“Thank you unnie.” She said in a muffled voice.

“For what?”
“For not giving up on me and always helping me. Thank you for seeing past my idol life and seeing the real me. You’re really amazing.”

“You really were a pain in the .” I said.

“But….?”
“No but. You’re just a pain.” I laughed.

“Ahh unnie.”

I smiled and pecked her on the lips.

“So are we together now?”
“Of course.”

Sejeong smiles got wider, which made me smiled wider. Then we kissed. After that it was getting late, but we didn’t eat yet. We called the others to get a late night dinner with us, which they agreed. When we were in public, Sejeong and I were holding hands. I can see some stares towards our ways. Some were good stares, others were a bit scary. I told myself to just get used to it. As long as I’m with Sejeong, there’s always gonna be spotlight on us.

“Just ignore them. I promise I will protect you no matter what.” Sejeong whispered to me.

“I know you will.” I smiled.

I didn’t mind the salty people, because as long as I have Sejeong that was all that matters.


Finally Sechung! I hope you guys like it. Sorry for the delay, work & school is so tiring x__x

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting c: