Class 1-E and the Gossip Queen

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP! PROJECT

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey!Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 7: Class 1-E and the gossip queen

Miki and Yuri were walking together when Ryutaro and Keito joined them.

 

“Morning, guys. Have you seen Mariya-san’s online blog last night? Bad shot. She was spreading more news that Kusakabe-san is dating Chinen-kun, Inoo-senpai dating Fujiwara-san, and Yutorin and Ryutaro dating Himeko-san.. “ Keito asked them.

 

 

“Ouch... So we have to deal with these rumours, right? Like.. Tell Nishi-san that we aren’t dating anyone at all, then maybe she’ll leave us alone?” Yuri suggested.

 

Ryutaro and Keito shook their heads altogether.

 

“Mariya-san isn’t that type of person who’ll stop easily. It’s her way of showing her jealously towards the female members of our clique... It’s like a living hell. Luckily, Himeko-oneesan can stand the rumours.” Ryutaro confirmed.

 

Miki felt more afraid. She spaced out for a while, wondering if this ‘Mariya’ would do anything bad to her. Yuri suddenly held her hand.

 

 

“I know how you feel, Miki-chan.. But don’t worry! We’ll protect you! Right, Jenga-san? Taro?” Yuri cheered her up. The other two nodded and smiled at her. Miki’s fear of Keito and Ryutaro subsided, since she always thought they were mean.  

 

“Okamoto-san.. Morimoto-san...” Miki mumbled. She paused, and smiled.

 

“Thank you...”

 

~~~~~

On their way to school, the four suddenly caught up with Yuto and HImeko. Himeko smiled as she saw them and waved.

“Himeko-san! Good Mor—“ her sentence cut off when one freshman with her group of friends threw a small stone at Miki. It hit Miki’s head in an instant.

 

 

“Headshot!” The girl threw her fist in the air and gave her friends a high five before scurrying off.

 

Miki fell unconscious, her forehead red.

 

“M-Miki! Guys! Help! We gotta bring her to the infirmary!” Yuri stuttered helplessly as he shakes Miki. Luckily, Ohno-sensei and Yamaa-sensei saw the whole thing.

 

“O-Oi! What on earth happened?!” Yamaa-sensei asked them, a bit shocked.

 

“Dimwit pink! Didn’t you see? She got hit by that bish!” Ohno-sensei spat at him.

 

“Ohno-sensei! Yamapi-sensei! Please! She really needs to get to the infirmary!” Himeko reprimanded them. Ohno-sensei and Yamaa-sensei looked at each other and carried Miki’s limp body to the infirmary.

~~~~~

Class 1E

Keito and Ryutaro entered the classroom late. They were shaken by the incident a while ago. Kazama-sensei, the English teacher, reprimanded them for coming in late.

 

It was break time when Nishiuchi Mariya and her friends were chatting and gossiping with each other.

 

“Ne, you’ve seen that Kusakabe a while ago, right? Maki was so lucky with that headshot! And what a pimp! That Miki fainted quickly! She definitely ain’t for Chinen-sama.. “ One of them whispered.

 

“Ugh. Keep it down! You’re the reason Okamoto-kun’s pissed with me... But anyway, you guys seen my blog yesterday? 500 hits from Shibuya District Academy alone! “ Mariya whispered back.

 

 

“Nishichii! You’re so awesome!” Another one praised her.

 

Unknown to them, Keito was eavesdropping all along. Ryutaro looked at him with concern.

 

“Keito..” Ryutaro muttered as Keito stood up and walked to the girls.

 

 

“Nishiuchi-san, were you behind the incident a while ago? The one that involved having Kusakabe-san hit by a small stone on the forehead?” Keito asked Mariya gently.

 

Mariya felt furious, and stood up angrily.

 

 

“Okamoto-kun! How could you?! You think it was me?! You suspect me?! And what for? That stupid Miki from Class 1B who’s sticking around Chinen like a girlfriend?!” Mariya demanded. Keito didn’t budge.

 

“You’re the only person I know in the freshmen that is capable of doing such, I believe..” Keito gently admitted. Mariya’s tears fell on the ground. She ran to the girl’s cubicle. Her friends followed her.

 

 

“Keito! You shouldn’t have done that!” Ryutaro nudged him

~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the clinic..

 

Miki opened her eyes and found herself back to the infirmary’s bed. Yuri was beside her.

 

“Miki-chan! Thank goodness you’re awake!” Yuri gasped. Miki blinked and rubbed her forehead.

 

“Ouch... Ch-Chinen-kun.... What happened?” Miki asked, and sat on the bed.

 

“Junnosuke-sensei told me you should stay here for a while. He’s at the middle school building. I heard a middle school student just had a seizure and they really need his help.” Yuri told her, motioning her to calm down.

 

Miki felt embarrassed. They were alone in the school’s infirmary. Shori and Marius weren’t there. She tried to stand up.

“C-Chinen-kun, we better get back to class. It’s Math class by this time.. Jun-sensei would get angry if we---“ Miki’s sentence was cut off when Yuri suddenly clasped his hands on her wrists.

 

“B-but, Junnosuke-sensei told me you should stay here.” Yuri calmly told her.

 

“I-if we get late, J-jun-sensei might call my dad, and.... W-what are you doing??” Miki stared in bewilderment as she found Yuri on top of her.

 

“I won’t allow so! Jun-sensei would understand if you’re in the clinic!” Yuri whined. He pinned her hands on the pillow tightly, if ever she tried to escape.

 

“B-but, he might suspect something!” Miki looked away from him and closed her eyes. She found herself blushing hard.

 

“Why are you looking away?”

 

Miki opened one eye. To her horror, she found Yuri’s face already a few inches near hers. She shut her eyes harder. Yuri’s forehead collided with hers as Miki felt pain shot on her forehead.

 

“Ouch..”She muttered quietly.

 

Fortunately, Yuri’s attempts were interrupted when someone opened the door.

 

“Junnochiiin! Are you he---“ Shori opened the door with Marius behind him. He saw Miki and Yuri and his face went white. Marius too, also turned pale.

 

 

“S-sorry for interrupting.....” Shori and Marius closed the door quietly.

 

Yuri loosened her grip on Miki’s hands and got off her.

 

“L-let’s go back to class.....” Yuri looked away from her.

 

Miki gave him a worried look and nervously nodded.

 

~~~~

They went back to class just in time for math, and fortunately, they arrived before Jun-sensei did. Miki was feeling a little bit better. She was able to concentrate in math.

 

“.. So this is what you do when you use the Pythagorean theorem. Would somebody come up on the board and answer?” Jun-sensei asked. He seemed to ignore all the students who were raising their hands until Miki raised hers.

 

“Kusakabe.” He pointed. Miki walked to the board and answered the problem.

She sighed after giving the answer, and turned back. Miki looked curiously around the room, since she had no idea why the students and Jun-sensei were staring at her. Yuri was making weird motions and poked his head as if he wanted to say something. Jun-sensei looked at her.

 

“Kusakabe. Clean that blood off your head. It looks.. Disturbing..” Jun-sensei looked away and handed her a tissue.

 

 

“Y-yes sir..” Miki stammered before scurrying to the girl’s bathroom.

~~~~

Miki walked to the girl’s bathroom and almost walked inside when she overheard a girl crying with her friends comforting her.

 

“C’mon Nishichii.. It’s alright.. We better go back now. It’s Physical Education class..”

 

“No! I ‘ll stay here and cry! Why is Okamoto-kun so mean to me?! And why are they so hooked up on that blondie?! What’s so great about her?! “

 

Miki paused for a while, terrified.

 

They’re talking about me!” . She told herself and backed off from the bathroom’s entrance. Miki suddenly tripped on the floor and landed with a loud thump. To her horror, three angry girls came out of the bathroom and placed their hands on their hips.

 

 

“.. Well well.. If it isn’t Miss Eavesdropper...” Mariya smirked and ordered the girls to drag Miki to the bathroom. The girls followed, and pushed Miki against the wall, holding her necktie tightly.

 

“Hmm... What should I probably do first? Either beat you up or.. “ Mariya cooed, and grabbed Miki’s phone from her pocket.

 

“... Perhaps break this? You see, Blondie.. I’m just so pissed with you. Okamoto-kun and the rest of JUMP are treating you nicely, eh? Let’s just see about that..” She said, holding up the phone and almost letting it slip.

 

“Don’t!” Miki pleaded.

 

“..Whoops..”

 

The phone nearly fell on the floor when someone came and caught it in time. Mariya was annoyed and staggered back.

 

“Himeko-san!” Miki sighed, relieved. Himeko gave the three girls an intimidating stare.

 

“Y-you! You’ve got some guts! And you’re the two-timer dating Morimoto-san and Nakajima Yuto!” Mariya attempted to threaten her. Himeko only smirked.

 

“ Heh. Got proof?” Himeko stared down at her with her intimidating eyes that sparkled with victory. Mariya could only fume red in anger before giving up and ran back to her classroom.

 

Miki picked up her phone and fixed her necktie. Himeko helped her up.

 

“T-Thank you, Himeko-san!” Miki hugged her tightly. Himeko patted her head and nudged at her arm.

 

“That gossip queen’s a classmate of Ryutaro-kun and Keito-kun. We’ll have to pay them a visit...” She declared, and they stormed out of the bathroom.

~~~~~~

“Keito-kun! Ryutaro-kun!” Himeko called out in Class 1E’s room. The two were seen chatting in a corner and went out to greet the two girls.

 

“Hi, Himeko-san. Is there something wrong?” Keito greeted her and asked.

 

Himeko adjusted her glasses and let go of Miki’s arm.

 

“Yep. Big one, too. Is that gossip queen inside? I have the feeling that I want to slap her pretty badly. She almost crushed Miki’s phone!” She complained. Miki remained silent.

 

“O-oh... I think I’m the reason for Nishiuchi-san’s anger. I talked to her earlier about the incident this morning and she thinks I’m accusing her.” Keito calmly said.

 

“B-but, Miki-san’s okay, right?” Ryutaro asked. Himeko nodded, unconvinced.

 

“I’m sorry about that, Miki-san... I’m the one to blame.” Keito apologized. Miki’s eyes widened and she shook her head frantically.

 

“N-no! Okamoto-san, I’m the one to blame... If only I haven’t stood over your way, thinks would’ve turned out better...” Miki apologized back. Himeko shot her an annoyed look.

 

“Here goes miss pessimist again... how many times do I have to tell you that it isn’t your fault?!” Himeko placed her hands on her hips. Miki’s lips were curled into a pursed pout. Himeko could only hit her lightly on the head.

 

“Balut. You were thinking about the rumours, I presume? Naaah. Those are already old rumours... long before you were here. “ Himeko placed her hand on Miki’s shoulder. Miki looked unconvinced and remembered what happened in the infirmary a while ago.

 

“...Hey, guys! “ Yuri’s voice suddenly surprised Miki.  He was with Yuto.

 

“Oh, Chii. Hey!” Ryutaro greeted. Yuto saw Miki blushing while trying to avoid looking at Yuri. Yuri walked closer to her.

 

“Oi, Kusakabe-san. What’s the blush all about?” Yuto asked.

 

Without thinking, Miki jerked up and blushed bright red.

 

“A while ago, C-Chinen-kun was with me in the infirmary ---“ Miki stopped herself from finishing the sentence, also with the help of Yuri’s super tight grip on the girl’s wrist. The four others gawked in wonder, and continued walking on the corridors. They passed by the infirmary.

 

Shori Satou and Marius Yo just finished loitering on Junnosuke-sensei’s office since he just came back. Shori and Marius spotted them.

 

“Oh, Miki-senpai! Chinen-senpai! What happened earlier anyway? We are so sorry we suddenly ruined the—“ Shori didn’t get to finish his sentence when he suddenly sensed a dark and tight aura covering the area. His sweat drops fell and he immediately went speechless.

 

“Well, go now, you two! You’ll get late!” Yuri insisted. The two middle school kids followed and ran away as fast as they can away from Yuri. Keito and Yuto shot them a curious and stern look. Himeko and Ryutaro were only left clueless.

 

Thus, what almost happened in the infirmary will only be between Yuri and Miki. Or was it?

 

“.... That ... She’s so dead..” Mariya muttered, peeking as the group left the corridors and headed to the locker rooms.

 

to be continued ~