Realizations and Questions

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP Project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates, and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 22: Realizations and Questions

“Hare? Chii’s coming home today!” Himeko blinked as she looked at her phone one week after the promenade. Yuto was busy eating his bean bun, he suddenly choked.

 

“Wha? Why didn’t he tell Miki instead?” Yuto asked her. Himeko looked disturbed by his question and replied to Yuri’s message.

“Well... Chii says it’s a surprise, I guess?” Himeko giggled nervously and looked back to her phone.

 

“Chii says Miki doesn’t reply to any of his messages since last week... I think that Ryosuke classmate of hers is the problem...” Himeko frowned and thought to herself, confused by Miki and Ryosuke’s sudden closeness with each other.

====

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Ryosuke-kun!” Miki waved goodbye as Ryosuke left the classroom. Ryosuke waved back and went on his way when he suddenly was greeted by Himeko, who was walking to 1B. Himeko took notice of him, and looked away to mind her own business.

 

As soon as Himeko arrived in Miki’s classroom, she rushed to her.

“Ah! Himeko-san, hello...” Miki greeted her. Himeko ignored her greeting and looked at her right at the eye.

“Is there something wrong?” Miki asked her.

“Is there something between you and Yamada?” Himeko stared at her intently and noticed the carrot clip on her bangs.

 

“E-eh?” Miki stood back and reacted. Himeko remained stoic until her question was answered.

“Are you cheating on Chii, Miki?”Himeko asked one more time. Miki widened her eyes and shook her head slowly.

 

“N-No... Of course not... Himeko-san, you know I do love Yurikkun... Why would you have thoughts like that? Ryosuke-kun is only my friend.” Miki answered softly.

“Then tell me, why haven’t you replied to any of his messages the previous week?” Himeko demanded. Miki looked at her with a curious expression etched on her face.

“M-messages? I haven’t received any... since... L-last week...” Miki hung her head low. Himeko gave her a glance and showed Miki some of Yuri’s messages in her inbox.

 

Miki-chan isn’t replying to any of my texts. I left 17 messages last Wednesday night, but she didn’t reply to any single one of them. Can you ask her of something’s up?

“I-It can’t be... There were no messages... I even ate dinner at Ryosuke-kun’s pla---“ Miki stopped and tried to think what happened that night when she went at Ryosuke’s place.

“What is it, Miki?” Himeko tried to snap her out. Miki paused and stared at the wall as her mind did sudden flashbacks.

“Did I... Ryosuke-kun’s place... I think...” Miki muttered to herself.

“I slept at Ryosuke-kun’s place...”

====

 

The next day, Miki felt uncomfortable, and remained silent most of the time as their class went on. During their break time, People suddenly flocked at the front door.

 

“Hey, is Chinen! And look who’s with him!” One classmate pointed and ran to the door.

“Hey, guys! Kawashima-san also returned from Kyoto!”

 

Miki didn’t mind Ryosuke and ran to the front door and joining the crowd.

“Y-Yurikkun?” Miki looked at her boyfriend. Yuri looked at her and smiled sadly as he walked towards her, and slowly revealing Umika behind him.

 

Kawashima Umika looked flustered when she saw Miki.

“Y-Yoroshikonegaishimasu! I-I’m Chinen-kun’s former seatmate...” She bowed to Miki. When the blonde saw her, she looked sadly at Yuri.

“I-It’s... Alright...” Miki shook as she quietly walked back to her seat, hard emotions suddenly filling her up when she saw how Umika was prettier than her, and that she was with her boyfriend.

 

“Ryosuke-kun, have I been replaced?” She muttered to herself as she just stood by her desk. Yuri looked at her curiously and walked towards Miki.

“Hey, what’s into you? You haven’t replied to any of my texts...” Yuri grabbed her arm and asked her. Miki didn’t flinch and just ignored his tight grip.

“Kawashima-san is pretty.” Miki replied with a low voice. Yuri took a glance at Ryosuke and back to Miki when she suddenly let go of him. Ryosuke stood up and glared at Yuri while he led Miki outside.

“C’mon, Bakausagi. I think you need some time alone.”

=====

When Ryosuke led Miki into the school’s garden, he stared at her worriedly.

“Hey. You haven’t been moving since your boyfriend came unexpectedly!” Ryosuke snapped at her.

 

“I think I’ve been replaced.” Miki gloomily muttered.

“J-jeez, Miki... “ Ryosuke tried hard to console her, but he didn’t want her with Yuri, anyway.

“He’s been in Kyoto for two months and he brings back a girl. Yes, I’ve been replaced.” Miki blinked and stared at the floor.

“So what if you’ve been replaced? He’s not the only one who’s loved you.” Ryosuke suddenly told her. Miki looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

 

Ryosuke grabbed her by the shoulders and stood closer to her.

“He won’t love you the way I do... “

Miki’s eyes widened when she realized that Ryosuke’s face was inches towards her, and his tight grip, and suddenly, a kiss?

 

“R-Ryosuke??” Miki tried to break free and speak. The boy’s eyes were closed as he held tight on Miki’s arm and waist. The girl was having flashbacks of the other night.

The way he looked at me... The way he danced with me... It’s all clear now...

Out of nowhere, Yuri looked enraged when he saw Ryosuke kissing Miki.

“You... BASTARD! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?” Yuri lunged at Ryosuke and grabbed his fountain pen from his pocket in effort to stab the other male.

 

“Yurikkun! No!” Miki tried to stop him from stabbing Ryosuke.

“You have no idea what you’ve done, you bloody bastard!” Yuri, despite Miki holding him down in effort to stop him, spat at Ryosuke.

 

“P-Please, Yuri... You’re hurting me...” Miki whispered desperately at Yuri, his fountain pen piercing her abdomen.

Yuri stepped back in horror when he saw blood staining Miki’s uniform.

“M-Miki??”

~to be continued.