Later, Miki

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Shoujo JUMP Project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko-Burijio

Disclaimer: We do not own Johnny & Associates or Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 24: To Chinen Yuri, I NEED YOU

Dusk was setting in across Shibuya, and the skies turned into a melancholic view of sad orange. Miki walked slowly by the park, ignoring the rings of the ambulance as she hung her head low.

“I feel… Hurt.. But, It’s better when I’m alone.. See, Miki? No one can get hurt when no one is with you.” She thought to herself, smiling sadly as she stared at her grey sneakers.

As time went by, she realized that the sounds of sirens buzzing about by nearby ambulances were terrifying her. Miki urged to move away from the park, when her phone started to ring.

Hesitantly answering the ringing phone, Miki bit her lip and clicked the button.

“Miki-chan? Are you there? Something bad’s up. I mean really bad.” Himeko’s voice suddenly hollered over the other line. Miki blinked.

“H-Himeko-san? What’s wrong?” the girl asked nervously with a worried tone in her voice. Miki stared at the ambulances gathering from afar and noticed something peculiar about it.

“I-It’s about Chii… Well.. H-he.. Y-Yuto told me he was walking at the park earlier.. and.. Oh, God I am so sorry, Miki.. Chii is… Chii got..” Himeko sobbed as she cried over the phone. Miki’s eyes went wide open as she saw two men carry a stretcher and load it inside the ambulance.

“….Chii got hit by a truck earlier….” Himeko sighed and told the other girl.

“H-Himeko-san… I’m at the park... There are ambulances everywhere…”

-----

As the nurses and doctors all went together inside the Emergency room of the nearest hospital, Yuri was grasping for life as it slowly tried to slip away. Firmly squeezing one of the bloodstained blankets with his clammy and pale hands, he began to pray.

Himeko and Yuto arrived shortly after, and looked behind the glass.

“Where’s Miki?”

Himeko grabbed her phone again and tried to contact the other girl.

“She’s not picking up my calls!” She said, slamming her phone shut angrily and bit her lip. Yuto looked at her for a moment and contacted Ryosuke.

Immediately, the other line picked up.

“Yamada-kun?” Yuto cautiously asked.

“Yeah?” Ryosuke answered.

“We need you to contact Miki. Something’s up. Can you help us?”

-----

Soft sobs were heard by the hospital’s empty and cold basement. Miki was sitting alone, crying quietly.

“Why can’t I bring myself to see him?” The distraught girl asked herself.

Because you’ll only hurt him again.

“But I loved him!”

Do you love him?

“And I need him!”

You need him. Yet you aren’t sure if you do love him.

Miki was battling with the inner self contrasting to her real thoughts.

As the girl continued to shake herself, her phone suddenly bleeped noisily. Hesitantly, Miki answered the call.

“Y-Yes?” She asked the other line shakily.

“Oi, Bakausagi. Where are you?” Ryosuke answered back with a voice of concern and annoyance.

“Ryosuke-kun?” Miki gasped in shock when she realized who the caller was, not really recovering from what had happened two days ago.

The boy who hurt her, and the boy she had hurt.

“Stop mumbling like a weirdo and tell me where you are.” Ryosuke sighed and muttered.

“I-I’m at the hospital basement..” Miki stammered.

“...Good. I’m here.” He replied. Miki looked straight and saw him standing in front of her. Ryosuke shut his phone and looked at Miki. But the girl looked away and continued to sulk.

“I thought you love him.” The boy coldly reminded her. Miki didn’t flinch, and this lead in to Ryosuke arching his eyebrows and grabbing her hand while he tried to drag her.

“Selfish idiot. I don’t understand you. Now go in that damn room or I’ll better well drag you into the elevator.” Ryosuke warned the girl, keeping a firm grip on her arm.

“I’m too scared” Miki squeaked.

With one strong pull, Ryosuke dragged her to the elevator and clicked on the 3rd floor button. The boy shoved her on the wall and looked at her.

“Stop being a ing Mary Sue and get in that room!” He shrieked at her while tightening his grip on the girl’s collar. Miki wouldn’t dare look at him. Ryosuke loosened his grip at Miki and hugged her tight.

“You... Are very brave, Miki. Don’t let yourself down.. Because if you do, your boyfriend won’t like it. I bet you.” Ryosuke whispered at the girl, while Miki cried.

“Everyone’s hurt because of me. I’m too scared to see Yurikkun hurt because of me! And I’ve hurt you because I looked like your sister, and I’ve seen how you’d try not to cry because it hurts to see someone you love in someone else!” Miki sobbed loudly, her tears staining Ryosuke’s shirt.

Ryosuke let go of Miki, and kissed her on the forehead.

“Take care of yourself” Ryosuke patted her head and pushed her from the elevator.

“R-Ryosuke-kun?! Where are you going?!” Miki gasped, reaching out to the boy but to no avail when the elevator shut close.

-----

Ryosuke Yamada waited for the elevator to get to the fifth floor.

“Hmm, Nakajima said that the midget’s blood type was O...” Ryosuke muttered to himself as the sound of a familiar “Ding” hit the elevator.

“Welcome to the blood donation center. Do you wish to be a donor and save a life?”

~to be continued.