One Shocking Discovery!

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Shoujo JUMP! PROJECT
Ai Iro Days
©Kuroneko
Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey!Say! JUMP.
All events are entirely fictional.


Chapter 2: One Shocking Discovery!! (Kusakabe Miki arc) 

 

The seven boys walked forward to Yuri’s bed, as if they knew Yuri very well. Comically speaking, they all seemed to sparkle like Edward Cullen, in Miki’s eyes.

 Himeko’s stern and serious eyes turned into happy, sparkling orbs like jewels in the night sky when one of the members, entered. He had a nice smile and a smooth looking skin. His hair is a bit messy but that adds up to his bad boy figure. He smiled at Himeko and she ruffled his hair in return.

“Ryutaro-kun! ~ how are you today?!” Himeko asked in a gentle and soft voice. Ryutaro looked away from her and answered with a blush in his face.

“Oh....well....I’m fine....”the boy named Ryutaro replied, rolling his eyes, trying not to show his blushed face. At the far corner of the room, Yuto was glaring at Ryutaro. It was enough to dig a hole at Ryutaro’s body.

3 boys lined up at Yuri’s bed and began asking the boy if he was fine.

“Chii-chan! What on earth happened to you?!?” a boy older than Yuri asked in a panicked way, his hair is dyed in blond and he his skin is tan in a way.

 

“It’s my back, Hikaru-kun. Er… it’s nothing reall—” Yuri’s sentence was cut short when a guy with a high pitch voice shouted.

“Chii-chan broke his back?!? Oh no!!! Who’s gonna do the back flips and stunts?!?! Is this the end for JUMP?!!!!” the guy shouted.

The nurse made a “shush” gesture that calmed him down.

“A—aaa.... umm. No. Seriously, guys. I’m alright. Back aches, that’s all. Nothing serious, Yabu-kun!” Yuri assured them.

Yabu, the guy who shouted, felt relieved. “Well, that’s fine. It nearly gave us a scare there.”

The members were relieved.

“…who’s this?” Daiki pointed at Miki rather rudely.

“Aa-aah…umm.... I-I’m.... M-Mi—” Miki stuttered nervously seeing a bunch of handsome boys in front of her.

“Oh! Everyone! This is a new classmate of mine! Kusakabe Miki!” Yuri introduced her.

Miki bowed quickly and nervously.

“Oh! The transferee! Chinen’s girlfriend of some sort or whatever that freak Maki was babbling about…I heard about you. They were talking about you, who was rather close to ‘Chinen Yuri’ in her first day” Daiki nodded rather happily. Miki turned pale from hearing the word ‘girlfriend’, a boy in spiky hair and narrowed eyes noticed this.

“Honestly, Dai-chan.... Where are your manners? Can’t you tell that she’s having a lot of troubles?” the boy in a spiky hair and narrowed sighed in a British accent.

“Ack! I--.... I’m sorry……and don’t call me Dai-chan, you Jenga-san… “ Daiki shouted and pointed at the boy who is being called ‘Jenga-san’.

“Keito’s right! How can they call you senpai when you act like a kohai?! How unbecoming!” Yabu .

That shut Daiki’s mouth up for a while, but it looks like he has more to say than what he had said when suddenly a big guy with golden brown hair patted him, making him stop.

Suddenly, Himeko burst and shouted what she had been thinking.

“All of you are so noisy!!!!... Why can’t you all just be like Ryutaro-kun?” Himeko absentmindedly said and pointed at Ryutaro without thinking.

Yuto and Hikaru looked at Himeko and said. “We, men, really are noisy! Wasn’t that classified in that alien book of yours, that you were reading last time?!” They arrogantly said.

 

“Oh, you mean the Origin of Species, written by Charles Darwin. No, don’t worry. it wasn’t stated there, be grateful it wasn’t or else I would have called you all monkeys…..except for Ryutaro-kun of course.” Himeko smirked as her eyes sparked underneath her glasses. The two looked at each other and thought ‘There’s discrimination, eh?’

 

Yuri laughed.

“Having a genius around probably wasn’t a bad idea after all, wasn’t it, Nakayan??”

Yuto made a face at Yuri. He so wanted to smack his own face.

 

“Oh yeah! We haven’t introduced ourselves to you, Miki-chan.” The guy named Yabu said.

 “My name is Kota Yabu, nice to meet, you Miki-chan. You can call me Yabu if you want.” He said as he handshakes Miki, who was bewilderment at Yabu’s handsomeness. Kota Yabu has a high pitched voice and has great face; he is the leader of the group for he is the oldest.

 

“Next is me!!! I’m Yaotome Hikaru, Nice to meet you, Kusakabe-san.” The boy in brown locks said cheerfully as he smiles at Miki, and she smiles back at him.

 

“Hello, Kusakabe-san. Takaki Yuya.” Yuuya introduced himself and gestured to handshake Miki, who accepted the offer.

 

“Oh, is it my turn? I’m Arioka Daiki………..” the one who pointed at Miki just now. “Sorry about that just now.” Daiki muttered and Miki smiled.

 

“Hello, I’m Inoo Kei, I’m a student-teacher, Kusakabe-san, if you have any problems you can come to me.” A guy who was as old as Yabu came, who looks smart and handsome too. Miki can’t help but blush.

 

“Enough with that Kei-kun.” Yuri said as he separated Miki and Kei.

“Hai,Hai” Kei said.

“I’m next. Hi there, I’m Okamoto Keito, and I’m good at English. So if you have any problem with that subject you can come to me.” Keito, the boy who stopped Daiki, introduced himself and smiled at Miki.

 

“Hmph, you can just play your jenga, Jenga-san” Daiki said as he insulted Keito. “Dai-chan!” Keito shouted back.

“Well, I guess I’m the last. I’m Morimoto Ryutaro. nice to meet you.” The boy whose hair was ruffled by Himeko introduced himself, Miki glanced at Himeko and saw her blushing.

 

“So there are only 9 of you?” Miki asked.

“Yeah, though we are looking for another member, so that we will be 10.” Yabu answered.

“I see, I’m sure you will find him.” Miki said

“Anyway! Back to the real stuff. We are actually here to ask you, Chii-chan, if you’re really going to that really large gym somewhere in Shibuya... whatever? I forgot the name…since you hurt your back?” Yabu asked, checking some of his schedules.

“Ah! Yes, of course! Miki-chan! Would you like to come with us? We’re holding a concert in the volleyball gymnasium near Johnny & Associates building... It’s on Sunday night! You free?” Yuri asked Miki, cheerfully.

“W-well... I’ll think about it… I could give you a ring if I have time then.” Miki smiled nervously, and handed her phone to Yuri.

“Wow! Chinen’s got a da—“ Daiki blurted out suddenly. Fortunately, Keito cupped his mouth.

After entering the number, Miki immediately grabbed her cell phone and left the group.

Himeko looked at Miki’s running figure worriedly.

“Today was tiring... ” Miki mumbled as arranges her bag to go home. So much has happened in her first day of school. Meeting superstars, bullied by fan girls, almost losing her bag. It was just too much. Miki wanted a normal life and nothing more.

Maybe if she avoided Yuri, the girls would leave her alone.

She walked out of the classroom alone and passed by the halls when she heard a beautiful sound coming out from one of the rooms, she immediately got curious and went to the origin of the sound. And was led to the music room. She took a peek, and saw a young girl playing the piano, she can’t help but wonder in awe at how the girl moves her hand gracefully. The girl saw Miki and smiled at her.

 

At that time, she blushed and ran away when all of a sudden she heard footsteps running towards her. She walked more briskly, disturbed. The footsteps came louder and faster. Sweat dropping from her forehead.

 

Miki took a glance by the corner of her eye. And saw…..

“Miki-chan!”  Yuri’s happy voice suddenly resounded the long halls. Miki sighed and felt the sweat disappear, but now she has a bigger problem.

‘Avoiding him will be very hard...’she muttered inside her head.

“Wanna walk with m—” Yuri’s sentences cut short when Miki answered quickly.

“S-sorry, Chinen-kun... But I have errands to do... Dad’s expecting me to buy… grocery stuff and all... ” Miki apologized. In truth, she was actually lying.

Yuri blinked and stared at her. He observed her eyes. Miki was terrified when his eyes had that ‘I know you’re lying’ spark.

“Fine... It’s fine if you don’t go anyway...” and he walked away leaving a disturbed Miki.

The next day, the first two classes were peaceful. No girl dared to mock her since Yuri had been ignoring her all day. Miki’s tension hasn’t subsided. She was guilty for lying to Yuri like that.

Music session came. Inoo Kei, the student-teacher who substituted for Ikuta-sensei since he wasn’t around and also a famous tarento, came and paired the two in a group project, and one group is Yuri and Miki. Yuri didn’t look at her, it was like she wasn’t there. Miki, remembered what Kei said about problems and talked to him in private.

“It’ll be alright, Kusakabe-san. I’ll ask him later...” Kei assured her.

Cooking sessions came next and while the teacher, Ninomiya-sensei, was discussing, Miki accidentally cut her finger. Yuri only blinked, the teacher sent her to the infirmary leaving some girls wondering why Yuri didn’t help Miki out.

Miki felt terrible as she hears snickers and some comments behind her back.

“This plan makes me feel terrible...” she said to herself when the nurse wrapped her wound. She thanked the nurse and walked back to the classroom to attend her next class when suddenly two girls grabbed her hair suddenly.

“Nice to see you again, Little Miss Chinen... “ One of the girls mocked her, and tightened her grip on Miki’s hair.

“Miki could only swell tears in her eyes as the girl pull her hair tighter.

“So what’s going on between you and Chinen-kun? Broken up already? You haven’t talked the whole day!” she said mockingly.

Miki wiped her tears and stare at them angrily, trying to pull her hair back.

“Dirty little—” Miki muttered when Yuri and Kei suddenly appeared in the room.

“That’s enough.” a voice shouted at the two.

The girls looked at the direction of the voice and saw Inoo Kei.

“Aikawa, Endo. I could give you a straight F in your deportment if I see one more incident of this.” He said.

The girls suddenly felt afraid and let go of Miki’s hair forcefully, rolled their eyes to her. Miki clutched her head. Kei shot them another angry look.

“Remember. I’m a legal student teacher substituting for Ikuta-sensei’s place. This incident could go straight to the principal. You wouldn’t want that, would you?” he asked blackmailing the two.

The girls ran away immediately, leaving Miki kneeling down and helplessly watching. Tears welled up again at her eyes as she looked at Kei. Kei walked towards her and kneeled down beside her.

“... I’m S-sorry... I couldn’t ... protect myself... ” she sobbed.

“It was a good thing I came......” He smiled.

“Anyway, let’s get you back to class okay?” Kei said.

 “Okay, Senpai!!” Miki smiled happily as she regains her happy composture.

Kei sighed.

“Maa... after this I still have lessons for her...” he muttered and led Miki back to class.

When Miki returned to class, she saw Yuri glaring at her and Kei, he had deadly aura around him. Miki felt afraid and tried to ignore him.

Class is nearly finished when Himeko came to her. “Miki-chan, do you want to go to the practice place?” she said inviting Miki to come.

“Ummm, I don’t thi….” Miki can’t say it but she really wants to go, she’s just too shy to say it and Himeko notices it.

“I see, then let’s meet at the school entrance. We’ll go together” Himeko said smiling at her.

‘Himeko-san’s smile is pretty, even though she’s strict sometimes.’ Miki thought, blushing.

Miki thought it was too improper to turn down Himeko’s offer, so she agreed to go with her, even if she was still afraid of Yuri.

Currently, Yuri and the other members left the school early since the last practice is today.

 “Okay, everyone! Concentrate, concentrate. First, we’ll do Ultra Music Power... then, Hey!Say!, then Dreams Come True, then Your seed, then OVER. Concentrate, concentrate...” Yabu announced to everyone. Yuto was placing his headphones on a safe place when Hikaru suddenly started to tickle him.

“Ah! Hey! No! Ahhhh!!! Gaaakk!”  Yuto laughed, cried, and exclaimed when he suddenly dropped the headphones. Time went slow, and then suddenly, so fast the headphones created a drop sound.

For a moment it was silent, when Yuto suddenly went into rampaging mode.

He ran amok, tossing and turning whatever that can be tossed and turned. The members ran from different directions, screaming for help. Most of them were already tossed, Only one person dared to walk up to him: Morimoto Ryutaro.

He coolly approached him and patted on Yuto’s head. Yuto stared at him with disbelief. Yuto became angrier with Ryutaro’s smugness, he couldn’t control himself and threw Ryutaro.

“Contact Himekoooooooo!!” Yabu loudly shouted to Yuuya like it was some kind of battle cry.

Yuuya weakly nodded and began typing on his phone.

“Rampaging Yuto Nakajima. SOS”

 

Fortunately, the door opened and revealed two shocked girls, Himeko and Miki. Himeko changed her expression to a pained seemed worried face.

“What happened to you, Yuto?!?” she said. As she looked around she saw her beloved Ryutaro in a corner holding his head tightly. And the “beats” headphone she gave Yuto were lying on the floor...

 

Himeko walked towards Yuto angrily and seemed to have changed her worried expression she was showing a while ago. She kicked him hard without another word. The rest of the members stared in awe.  

 

“Yuto!!!!!” Himeko shouted angrily.

“Wai-Wait Himeko-san.” Miki said as she hug Himeko tightly controlling her down.

Yuri saw her and called her up. “..Miki….”

As soon as she heard Yuri call her name, she ran away from the room and exited the building, leaving the other members astonished and Yuto and Himeko fighting each other.

 

To be continued~