Inoo Kei-senpai's expectations

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP! PROJECT

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey!Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 5: Inoo Kei-senpai’s expectations

 

Miki walked to school and coincidently crossed paths with Himeko and Yuto, who just lived by the 3rd street, Peony drive.

 

 

“Morning, Miki-chan! How is your strep throat?” Yuri greeted her.

 

“Chinen-kun! Oh, Good morning! I feel a lot better, I guess.. ” Miki smiled back at him. Yuri looked at the sky.

 

“it’s so hot today! I hope winter comes soon. Kei-senpai and Hikaru-senpai makes the best hot chocolate. Oh! And Daiki-chan’s older brother makes great Christmas cookies!” Yuri began to imagine.

 

 

“Chinen-kun.. have you eaten breakfast?” Miki asked. Yuri suddenly screeched to a halt. He shook his head sadly.

 

“I didn’t have time..”

 

“Oh dear! Chinen-kun! You better eat, or you might faint! Come on.. I’ll bring you to somewhere where we could eat. Though we’ll get a bit late for school..” Miki helped him and clutched his arm.

 

They ran onto a small Japanese style restaurant that smelt of steam and rice. Miki requested two orders of steam-fried gyouza.

 

 

The waiter quickly brought in their orders, much to Miki’s relief. Yuri found the food to his liking and pretty soon, was in high spirits again. He even ordered another one for takeout. Miki glanced at her cell phone’s clock.

 

 

8:55am

 

“Oh shoot, Chinen-kun! We’re late! Let’s go!!” Miki yelled to him. Yuri, with his ever fleet foot, grabbed Miki’s hands and sprinted back to school. When they arrived, Yuri still got themselves running into the Social Welfare Committee office for an excuse slip. Much to their surprise, It was Kei who opened the door.

 

 

“Oh. You two? How unexpected. Chii, what happened to Kusakabe-san?” Kei asked Yuri and pointed to a sweaty, flushed, and tired Miki. Even if she recovered, she still became exhausted quickly.

 

“..Oops.. I guess I dragged her too quickly..” Yuri apologized. He spotted the people in the room. Kamenashi Kazuya-sensei, Ikuta Toma-sensei, Maria, and Kei. Maria and Kei helped Miki walk into the infirmary.

 

 

Yuri asked for the excuse slip.

~~~

Miki had a hard time resting after Kei and Maria left her in the infirmary. She was getting better, anyway.  Shori and Marius were playing with her notes. Shori had drawn pictures on her biology notes. Marius was staring at her.

 

 

“Mii-senpai~, can I call you Mama?” he asked affectionately, but bluntly. Miki smiled at him.

 

“A-ah.. Sorry, Marius-san. I’m not your mother..” Miki gently told him.

 

“Ah! But Marius has met your daughter! Really pretty, he says! He’s from the future!” Shori interrupted.

 

“Oi! You two! It’s Mirai-sensei’s class now, isn’t it? You two better go back before the woman lunges here..” Junnosuke-sensei announced.

 

 

“We Hate her! That’s why we’re here! We’re skipping her silly little math class! “ Shori and Marius chanted.

 

 

Miki giggled. She found the two boys amusing. Shori was a loudmouth and blunt kid, and Marius claims that he’s from the future.

 

 

“Marius-san. Shori-san. If Marius-san was from the future, what is the name of my daughter?” Miki asked, grinning.

 

The two looked at each other. Shori shrugged, and Marius nodded.

 

“Chinen Miuri.. “ Marius told Miki. Miki blushed, then turned pale. Shori laughed until Junnosuke-sensei kicked them out of the clinic.

 

~~~

Miki thanked Junnosuke-sensei and bade them goodbye. She left the clinic, since she was already late for her cooking class.

 

“Ja ne, Mama!~” Marius smiled at her. Miki shuddered.

 

 

Miki gulped and closed the door. Kamenashi-sensei was surprised to see her.

 

“Oh. Kusakabe-san. Just the person I was looking for..” he muttered.

Miki paused.

 

“Umm, is something wrong, sensei?” she asked him. He handed her an application form.

 

“Kusakabe-san. It seems that you haven’t signed up for any clubs. Today is the deadline for all application forms. You probably need to find one before tomorrow. “ He warned her, and left.

 

Miki read the list of clubs.

Cooking, It wasn’t much to her liking. Jazz, Dancing is tiring. Baseball, She wasn’t even great with that sport.

Miki sighed. Then she spotted the last club offered on the list.

 

Piano sessions. Moderator- Inoo Kei.

 

“Bingo!” she muttered happily to herself. The girl hastily ran back to the cooking class.

~~~~

“Music Room- Piano sessions here” the sign read. She opened the door quietly.

 

“Excuse me for intruding..”. She whispered. Miki was fortunate to see another girl who was already in the room. The girl was setting up her electric keyboard and took notice of her.

 

 

“Why hello..  Are you here to take up piano sessions?” Maria greeted Miki. Miki smiled back.

 

“Y-yes.. Yes I am.. But, I haven’t brought my keyboard yet..”

Maria only nodded.

 

“It’s alright. Kei-senpai has an extra keyboard he may be willing to use..”

 

“She’s so gentle.. And graceful!” Miki thought.

 

“A-ah.. Umm.. What is your name?” she asked, flushed a bit. Maria turned to her with curiosity.

 

“Fujiwara Maria, Nice to meet you. How about you?” Maria introduced herself.

 

“K-Kusakabe. Kusakabe Miki, also nice to meet you!” Miki bowed her head.

 

The girl blinked with surprise.

 

“You must be friends with Inubashari-san and Nakajima-kun, yes? I’ve heard of you..”

 

Miki nodded. Maria motioned her to sit down. Kei entered the room and noticed Miki. The blonde girl stood up and handed Kei her application form.

 

“Oh, Kusakabe-san. You’re joining the Piano sessions? Well that’s a bit unexpected.. But fortunate. Thank goodness.” Kei smiled at her.

 

“U-umm. Kei-sensei. I only play the piano by ear. I have no idea how notes work, or signatures.. I’m sorry.” Miki apologized.

 

“It’s alright. Maria will teach you that. But in the meantime, would you show us some of your skills?” Kei asked her.

 

Miki nodded slowly and readied her hands on Maria’s keyboard.

 

Jesu, joy of man’s desiring.

 

 

Kei and Maria nodded at how she played. Miki’s hands were slow, and shaking. She was sweating the whole time when she played the piece, ending it and taking a deep breath. Kei nodded again.

 

“That was nice, Kusakabe-san, for a non-reader like you. But we could boost the skills up, right? Something like, what I’ve been teaching to Maria here..”

 

Maria walked towards the piano and readied her hands. She looked at Kei. He nodded at her.

 

Then everything went fast. The beat and rhythm of Maria’s Ronda Alla Turca filled the room. Her hands played gracefully, while still retaining an amazing speed.

 

Maria closed her eyes. It was obvious she was thinking of something or someone. She would smile when the faster part came, then frown when the tone went lower and slower. Her body moved like she was dancing.

 

 

Miki was amazed with her piano skills. To be graceful and fast at the same time, It was hard to imagine such, for a plain and clumsy girl like her.

 

“Lesson one. No one is allowed to give up quickly in my class.” Kei lectured Miki while Maria’s Ronda Alla Turca was still going on.

 

“We do not aim to be perfect. We only aim to be skillful..”

 

Maria’s notes went deep and slow.

 

“Open your mind. Have an ear for Music.”

 

Then it turned happy again, and quickened.

 

“Confidence building. It is the first and foremost thing we should accomplish in my class”

 

Maria ended the piece.

~~~~

Piano sessions ended. Miki came out of the music room and was surprised to find Yuri already waiting for her.

 

“ Miki-chan! You took up piano sessions?” he asked him.

 

 

She nodded happily. “Yes. It was very pretty! I got to meet Maria-san and Kei-senpai formally, and they were both great on the piano! Kei-sensei told me I need my confidence to get really high and never to look inferior to myself....” Miki happily walked with Yuri to the hallways.

 

Suddenly, her cheeks were burning and her eyes were starting to well with tears.

 

“Miki...” Yuri gave her a worried look.

 

Miki wiped her tears effortlessly but her tears just kept coming back.

 

“Chinen-kun.. I don’t know how to build up confidence..For years I’ve always been locking myself away.. I’ve always thought I was a problem. I’ve never really had much friends because they’d always tease me of how I’m so clumsy about this or that..” She cried.

 

 

Yuri hugged her, and Miki was exhausted she let her face get buried on Yuri’s neck. He tightened her embrace.

 

“I’ll never be able to pass Kei-sensei’s expectations...” she muttered.

 

Yuri turned to her and smiled. “Aww, c’mon Miki-chan! Dreams come true!” Yuri smiled.

 

"Remember! A smile is a girl's best makeup!" Yuri patted her cheeks.

 

 

Miki looked at him thoughtfully.

“Chinen-kun..”

 

“And besides, Character building! I could teach you that! You build confidence up by doing tiring and exciting activities! I have an idea! Why not go dancing with me and my clique??” Yuri held her hand and had that eager gleam in his eyes.

 

Miki nodded. Dancing, What could go wrong? She already did dancing last Sunday..

~~~~

This is what could go wrong.

 

 

Miki didn’t expect to see all the members of JUMP and dance with them. She thought she was only going to dance with Yuri. Once she falls, all of them will know that embarrassing moment.

 

“ Kusakabe-san! Hello again!” Yuto greeted her, rather surprised.

 

“Nakajima-san. How are your cheeks?” Miki asked him.

“Oh, these? Still bruised up. Himeko’s kick can kill a kid. Ouch..” .He cursed under his breath.

 

“Welcome back..” Everyone politely greeted Miki. Miki could only bow back.

 

“So, everyone!! Is it alright if Miki-chan attends our practice sessions? It’s an assignment. She must build up her confidence within the week. “. Yuri asked all of them.

 

“Sure..” Yabu agreed.

 

“Okay, guys. We’ll be doing Your Seed now. Do you guys still remember the moves? Chii. Teach Kusakabe the moves.” Hikaru told them.

 

“I’m on it..” Yuri happily dragged Miki to the next room.

 

“Follow me” he instructed Miki.

 

He began to dance step by step.

“Now, Miki-chan. Step by step. One two.. Three four.. Five six.. Seven eight..” Yuri slowly danced and counted. Miki was able to understand the first move quickly.

 

 

“One two.. Three four.. Five six.. Seven eight..” Miki whispered to herself. She made her body go light and easy.

 

Miki was surprised at how she picked up quickly. She wasn’t usually like this.

 

“Good. Now the next one goes like this..”

Yuri threw his palms on his sides, placed them on his abdomen region, and did something that resembled a Chinese dance.

 

Miki was able to pick up well. She imitated Yuri’s dance, and was smiling to herself.

 

“Let’s try it with music, Miki-chan. Shall we?” Yuri invited, pressing the stereo cassette. The music was quick. Yuri danced to the rhythm.

 

Though she picked everything up well, Miki felt like fainting, yet she wanted to give her best. Yuri was supporting her, and she should do the same.

 

“Ch-Chinen-kun..” she muttered quietly, a bit tired.

 

Yuri gave her a worried look.

 

“I’ll continue the dance. And give out my best to get what Kei-senpai expects me to have! I’ll never give up!!!” Miki tightened her fists and showed determination to Yuri. He only smiled.

 

~~~~~

 The next day, Miki was in high spirits. She walked happily on the streets of Shibuyakuni, and passed by Himeko and Yuto again.

 

“Ah! Himeko-san! Nakajima-san! Good morning!”Miki hummed. Himeko and Yuto exchanged looks.

 

“You’re unusually happy today, aren’t you, Miki-chan?” Himeko asked her.

Miki nodded.

 

“Chinen-kun told me to smile! Success is only a smile away!” Miki told her. Yuto grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Heehee.. what on earth did Chii do to you, hmm??” Yuto asked her slyly.

 

Himeko gave him an annoyed look. The boy, however, didn’t flinch.

 

“Eh? Nakajima-san.. What do you mean?” Miki asked him.

 

“Back off, Yuto. Miki-chan’s too innocent for your thoughts..” Himeko smirked.

 

“Eh? So you’re accusing me as a ert?!?”

 

Their rants were interrupted when Yuri joined their group.

 

“Morning, everyone! Good news! I’ve finally remembered to eat breakfast!” He announced childishly.

 

“Ugh. Chii, finally. You remembered to eat..” Yuto sighed, relieved. He and Himeko were staring at Yuri and Miki.

 

“A-U-umm.. did something happen? Obviously, there’s something you two aren’t telling us..” Yuto asked.

 

“Eh? We just did dancing yesterday, Nakayan.. you were there after all..” Yuri innocently told him. Yuto wanted to smack him again.

 

“I saw what you did on the stage, you little bugger..” Yuto whispered to Yuri. Himeko listened intently. Miki was left out while the three were having a private discussion in the middle of the pedestrian lane.

 

“Heehee.. Great minds think alike..” Yuto muttered to Yuri.

 

“Tsk.. You idiot, Chii! We’re only freshmen and you’re doing stuff like that!!” Himeko complained.

 

Miki sighed as they continued whispering to one another. The rest of Yuri’s co-workers were coming towards them.

 

“Morning, you guys! “. Yuuya greeted them. He was walking with Hikaru, Daiki, Yabu, and Kei.

 

Miki bowed back. “Good morning, senpai..” she greeted the rest of the older group.

 

“Hey, Miki! I saw what happened on stage! You never told us you liked dancing, not to mention what happened yesterday. “. Daiki ruffled her hair.

 

“I wasn’t that good, Arioka-senpai..” Miki admitted.

 

“Aww.. Stop being so modest! It doesn’t go with your badass American looks!” Daiki giggled.

 

“So, does this mean she’s a part of our clique? And Himeko isn’t the only girl in the group? Hooray!!!” Hikaru cheered. Himeko shot him a look.

 

“Hikaru-senpai.. “ Himeko’s facial expressions darkened. Kei suddenly looked up from his book.

 

“Ah. Kusakabe-san. I forgot to tell you that your piano schedules are every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. You’ll go with Maria. She’ll tell you what to do..” Kei told Miki gently. The girl nodded.

 

“..Oh.. And remember what I told you..” Kei winked. Okamoto Keito and Morimoto Ryutaro arrived and walked with them. Eleven people were already filling up the pedestrian road one warm, and clammy Wednesday.

 

~to be continued