Hokkaido's big fat pride

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Shoujo JUMP project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko-Burijio (Officially going SOLO as the only member of Shoujo JUMP)

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 10: Hokkaido’s big fat pride

Tough music blared throughout the whole stadium as Miki watched in awe. Yuto was already there and was wearing his shoes when Miki arrived at their resting place.

“Hey, Kusakabe-san. You ready?” Yuto asked her while fixing his belt. Miki nodded slowly as she gulped and watched the crowd.

“Nakajima-san, I’m so nervous about this one. Most of the people from Shibuya are here to cheer on the team... What if we don’t make it??” Miki rubbed her hands as nervousness crawled all over her.

“Hey, chill. If Himeko believes in you, then you should believe in yourself, too. “ Yuto placed his hand on her shoulder. One of the Shibuya members gasped and stood up as he saw team Hokkaido.

“Man look at them! Must be tough like gangsters... “ The member muttered and shook his head in dismay. Team Hokkaido members had a muscular build and most of them looked like pro wrestlers or something. They grinned evilly at Yuto.

“On second thought, MIKI! WE REALLY HAVE FAITH IN YOU! PLEASE! YOU HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME OR WE ARE ALL DEAD!!!” Yuto gulped and panicked as he shook Miki hard. They were interrupted once Himeko suddenly came in the base and hit Yuto with a bat.

“Idiot. Of course Miki would win for us. Wouldn’t you, Miki?” Himeko winked.

“Hey, can you run with your foot? We still have time to change if you—OW!” Yuto was hit yet again.

“Hmph. Your lack of faith annoys me, Nakajima Yuto. Give me one more about that and you’ll fly to Saturn, capish?” Himeko glared at him. Yuto cowered in fear as he only nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~

The game started by 9 AM and the crowd went nuttier as the minute went by.

“May I present to you, Team Hokkaido! Tough as bulls. Merciless as the sun. Let me hear your cheers, my peeps!”

Yuto and Miki looked at them with a frightened expression on their faces.

“Ne, you wanna know something? Me and Himeko used to fight them tuffies. They weren’t really good, or anything.” Yuto whispered to Miki. Miki smiled at him.

The announcers suddenly called upon team Shibuya.

“And next stop, the rival team. Our very own team Shibuya! With it’s lead captain, Nakajima Yuto from Johnny’s entertainment! Beside him is the only female of the group, Inuba—Wait! That doesn’t look like Himeko at all!!” The announcers joked as they laugh at Miki’s small frame.

From afar, Yuri was seething mad at the announcers, and didn’t think twice as he grabbed Keito’s baseball and threw it at them. Fortunately, no one really noticed.

“Oh dear! I guess I’ll be taking over...” the second announcer wiped the sweat off his forehead when he saw his partner hit with a baseball that Yuri threw. All of the audience cheered loudly. A girl named Oikawa Yana cheered with her best friend Fujiwara Maria as they went down the stadium bleachers to look for a seat. Keito looked shocked.

“Y-Yana? What are you doing here?” Keito stuttered, and immediately offered the seat beside him to Yana. Maria sat beside Kei and Kota.

“Yo, Cuzzin! I so love baseball!! Woohoo!!” Yana cheered. Maria smiled at Miki from afar.

“ Good luck, Kusakabe-san...” she prayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miki paid no attention to the jeers of others as she readied herself into the third base sack. Her glove was lolling down her hand, but she adjusted it and readied herself.

“If Himeko-san says so, then I could make it...” She muttered.

Four hours passed by, and both teams are on the verge of winning.

“A tie! That’s it, folks. It’s a tie for both teams! But wait, the last batter is coming. It’s the blonde! The shorty! Will she lead team Shibuya to downfall, or perhaps, win the game?!” The announcer told the crowd.

“S-H-I-B-U-Y-A!” The residents of Shibuya cheered for Miki and threw their fists in the air.

“ Hey, shorty. If you lose, you owe us some sweetey timey in the nearby bar! What say you?” One of the members of team Hokkaido teased Miki. Miki frowned at his remark and adjusted her helmet, and swung her bat.

“Watch your words, you dirty Hokkaido scum! You haven’t even won the match yet!” Miki screamed angrily as her aura darkens. The announcers took notice of this.

“Woah. The little batter seems to be a big mouth after all!” They joked. Yuri glanced worriedly at Miki.

“You can do it!” Yuri shrieked at her.

~~~~~~~~~

In the field, the pitcher smirked at Miki and threw the ball hard. The ball dashed and lunged forward at Miki, but the girl stayed calm. She focused at the ball, and watched it carefully.

Her father’s lucky arm band kept her company as she thought of nothing else, than the ball. Time seemed to have stopped as she swung her bat hard.

“Thwack!”

The metal bat collided with the hard baseball, and the baseball flew straight out of reach of the catcher.

“Miki! Run!” her teammates cheered. Miki paced and dashed around the bases.

“The shorty hits a home run! Where is that ball, team Hokkaido??! Clearly, the opposing team Shibuya has won!” The baffled announcer gasped wildly. There was a short minute of silence since most of the people were shocked.

Then suddenly, all the people cheered and made a standing ovation.

“T-E-A-M S-H-I-B-U-Y-A!” they all cheered. Team Hokkaido threw their bats and gloves in dismay and shook their heads. The members of team Shibuya carried Miki and threw her up and down in joy.

“Miki!Miki!Miki Usagi! Miki! Miki!” They cheered. Yuto laughed at this sight.

“Umm, it’s Kusakabe, guys! Woah!” Miki giggled while she was on the air. The Jump members went down to greet Miki, while Himeko, Yana, and Maria all went together.

“Yansii! You’ve seen that?! That’s Yuri’s girlfriend!” Himeko cheered and jumped with Yana. Maria clapped her hands in joy as they all went down the stadium.

When they all went down, the jump members were carrying Miki and throwing her too. Yuri hugged her and twirled her wildly as Kei and Hikaru pounded her head with her helmet. Daiki laughed there standing, while eating premium stage hotdogs.

“ Toldja you’d do it!” Himeko hit her hard on the elbow and shook her. Miki smiled and hugged Himeko, Yana and Maria.

“Wow, Kusakabe-chan! You were so awesome! Keito told me that you were playing, so I tagged along with Maria!” Yana ruffled Miki’s hair. They didn’t know each other that much. In fact, they didn’t know each other at all.

“Kusakabe-san, I want you to meet my best friend, Oikawa Yana. She’s also my classmate along with Inubashari-san and Nakajima-san.” Maria introduced the two. Yana grabbed Miki’s hands.

“A pleasure to meet you! from now on, I’m one of your fans!” Yana gleamed brightly. Miki smiled as she felt hot tears fall on her cheek.

“Thank you, guys! Without you, I would’ve lost!” Miki cried as Yuri embraced her again.

~to be continued