Chances of Disturbance

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Shoujo JUMP! PROJECT
Ai Iro Days
©Kuroneko
Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey!Say! JUMP.
All events are entirely fictional.

 

Chapter 1: A Chance of Disturbance (Kusakabe Miki arc)

 

 


Today is Monday… August 15,2XXX, and the time is…. 6:30am.

The trees of the nearby cherry blossoms shook glumly with the wind as a silhouette of a girl passed by. Miki kept walking and caught a glimpse of the dawn-coloured sky. The sun was already up. “I think I’m a little too early...” Miki Kusakabe muttered to herself. Few days ago, her father and mother were in court, granting the divorce. Two days later, she’s here, living with her father in Downtown Shibuya.

 

It’s too awesome to be true for her. Her dad managed to buy a comfortable and proper house. That was… okay.... but transferring to a new school wasn’t exactly to her liking.

“Mazui....Mazui....” she thought. It was her favourite phrase, when she panics like a hamster. And because of that habit (always panicking) she wouldn’t even manage to make even one friend. Miki is a girl whose hair is short and color blond with big blue eyes. She's pretty much looks like a yankee girl.

 

“Uwaah!~ Kusakabe-san, you’re soo lucky! You’re going to live in Shibuya! I wish MY parents would divorce, too!!” she recalled a petty classmate of hers, say to her during her departure. She wished she could smack that pretty face with a chair

.

“SHIBUYA DISTRICT PRIVATE ACADEMY”

The letters were in bold and were gold, the font was pretty but it’s hard to understand if you’re looking at a far place. The campus was large, but it looks like a pretty normal school inside. Miki fawned at the place, but seems to find no student out of their classes in anymore. She better hurry or she’ll be late for her introductions.

But as she walked around the outside portion of the campus she can’t help but notice the gardens, playgrounds, greenhouses, the swimming pool, the gym.

“It’s bigger, than my previous school.” Miki muttered.

Minutes after fawning all over the place, Miki had forgotten how to go back to the main entrance. Thankfully, she spotted a boy nearby so she immediately ran towards him.

“U-um.... excuse me.... could you show me how the school campus works? I’m.... er, can’t find my way here. I think I’m lost.. ” Miki asked him.

The boy faced her.

 

“Oh, Good morning, you must be a new student.” A bishounen with a pretty smile said.

“Well sure! I could show you around…” the boy smiled gently again. “Oh by the way, I’m Chinen Yuri.... Nice to meet you.... ” Yuri smiled again.

“Kusakabe Miki...... Class 1-B; is my section do you know the way there? ” she said as she shook hands with Yuri.

“Yeah, I do.” And Yuri led Miki away from the unknown building.

At least he wasn’t one of those dandy peeps her former school once had. She felt secured being with him. Together, they walked back into the school’s entrance. Yuri was touring her to every room the school had.

“.... and here is the middle school branch....this is where we say goodbye, Kusakabe-chan. See ya!” Yuri waved at her. Miki shot him a curious look and ran towards him.

“H-Hey! I’m not a middle school student, Chinen-kun! I’m a Junior High school student! ” Miki huffed out the tired words at him. But Yuri was already gone, so she immediately look for him. After 10 minutes running she finally caught up with him. He was standing infront of a classroom door. “Chinen-kun!” Miki shouted as she tries to catch up with her breath.

Yuri looked at her with a herp derp face. “Kusakabe-chan, what are you doing here? I thought you’re-“

“I’m not a middle school student, Chinen-kun! I’m a Junior High school student!” Miki said as she repeated what she said after Yuri left.

“……….eh!? You sure?!” he exclaimed, surprised to know. He quietly went to her measured her height. ‘Too close’ Miki thought as she examines Yuri’s face, and blushed when his lips nearly touches her’s. Sweat drops formed around the girl’s head as she shook comically.

‘This is because of my height, is it? Ahhh…... Mazui Mazui......’ she asked herself.

“………...hmmm…. oh well. I guess I was wrong just now. Hahahaha.. I’m sorry.” Yuri said as he distanced himself and began comforting and apologizing at the same time to her, he quietly comforted her by patting her head.

As he continues to pat her head, the sliding door quickly opened and a very angry teacher appeared.

“Chinen Yuri, you’re late!” But the flames around the teacher quickly dispersed when she saw Miki.

“Oh! You must be the new student, come in, come in” The teacher said as she motioned Miki to enter but when Yuri also entered the teacher stopped him. “Oh…where do you think you are going Chinen-kun?”

“Umm, Chinen-kun helped me find the way here so please forgive him.” Miki said to the teacher to help Yuri enter the class, even though Miki actually followed Yuri to classroom and getting insulted by bearing a height of a middle-schooler….

“Well, I guess so but…...THIS will be the LAST time… do you understand?” the teacher said menacingly.

“Ha...Hai…” Yuri said as he bowed and slightly shook. Miki sat next to Yuri since he and she know each other already.

And her day in a new school started already. It was lunch break and Miki ate quietly at the rooftop when Yuri came and found her. Yuri asked where she was living before and why she transferred in Shibuya.

“…I lived somewhere near Aomori prefecture.... ” she answered.

“Eh!? So far!” Yuri exclaimed.

“W-Well, my Okaa-chan and Otou-san were recently divorced. Kaa-chan chose to take care of my little brother, and I agreed to live in Shibuya near my father. ” Miki explained.

Yuri paused for a while and said, “Well, you’ll surely enjoy it here at school. It may be a bit different from the schools in Aomori, but, yeah… I do think we give nice impressions....”

Miki gave him a worried look. ‘Surely enjoy it here?’ She doubted it.

An introvert like her would only enjoy quiet spaces with papers and books. Just like before, at her previous school. “Feel free to ask me anything if you need something, Kusakabe-chan...” Yuri patted her again.

Miki felt a bit annoyed whenever he patted her on the head and treated her as a little kid.

She stood up. “Chinen-kun! I don’t feel comfortable with you patting my head and treating me like a child when we both have the same height! I-its.... annoying…” Miki told him straightforwardly, with a colder voice.

Yuri smirked and gave off the same aura she was giving. “Very well then, Shorty… I’ll show you my height, I-…”

He grabbed her by the shoulder and began to move closer towards her.

“Just” …Closer....

“Found out”….Closer...

“That I’m…” Half an inch more...

“Taller…” Yuri could smell her...

“-than you…” Miki was blushing hard.

‘No, not again!’ “-by two…” ‘How cute’ Yuri thought...

“-centimeters…."

 

The “moment” was interrupted when a student suddenly opened the door of the rooftop, with a cute smile.

“Oh Chinen-kun, Am I disturbing you?” she asked

“Oh no, no you aren’t” Yuri said as he quickly went away leaving Miki and the mysterious girl.

The girl who interrupted the “moment” grins at Miki. Miki felt a cold wind run through her spine. “Kusakabe Miki, you’re getting way too ‘close’ to Chinen-kun.” The mysterious girl said and left Miki shaking.

It was P.E class, since Miki was just a new student, she hasn’t gotten close to anyone so she just sat at a corner and began to think because she cannot seem to forget what the baffling girl just said. 

She notices Yuri with 2 other people and was about to call him when she heard a girl behind her said something.

“Oh, Lookie! It’s the new girl’s sitting next to Chinen-kun! Some guts, ne? Did you hear what happened just today? Maki-chan said they were making out!!” a redheaded girl whispered to one of her friends.

“Eh?! Really!! No fair! I wish I had gotten that seat! I could stare at Chinen all day~” the other girl replied flirtatiously. Miki couldn’t take what they were talking about so she left immediately when suddenly a hand grabbed her wrist.

“Hey, something wrong Kusakabe-chan?” Yuri asked her. Miki shot a quick look at the girls behind her, and shook her head. “Oh, is that so...Well I’ll be here when you need me...” He patted her head again.

The girls shot her an awful look, and resumed whispering at each other. Miki stayed afraid.

Physical Education has just finished and all the girls went to the locker room to change. When Miki went back to the classroom, her schoolbag was gone. “Oh no!!... Where on earth is it?! Who took it?!” she worriedly said as she created a mad scramble of things while looking for her bag, and remembers the two girls who was gossiping about her just now.

“It can’t be…..” she whispered, she quickly went downstairs and ran outside. “I-I see my BAAAG!!” she said to herself when she saw a familiar black thing hanging up high on the branches of the plum tree near the sunflower grove. Miki climbed the tree quickly and took the bag. She hugged it when she saw that all the contents were still there, safe. She looked down, and felt her head go dizzy since she was seven feet below the ground. Worse, she was afraid of heights.

For 15 minutes, Miki tried to go down. Three attempts failed and she had three cuts on her arm. The fourth attempt made her hang up on the branch instead of going down.

 

When suddenly….. “Kusakabe-chan! What on earth are you doing up there?!” Yuri suddenly came running towards the tree. Miki didn’t answer and continued to hold tightly the branch. She was about to fall. Her hands were already covered with blisters. She looked so dirty and she was already crying, Miki felt like fainting when she suddenly let go of the branch.

“Chi-Chinen-kun…..”

“I-I got you—AAH!” Yuri groaned as Miki landed on his stomach.

She hugged him tight, still shocked from the fall. Almost all of the students are gone when Yuri was rushed to the infirmary. Yuri only had aches on his back “thanks” to Miki landing on him.

Miki kept apologizing when suddenly, two people rushed inside.

“What on earth happened to you, man?!” A boy, with red beats headphones hanging on his neck, asked Yuri jokingly, trying hard not to laugh. The girl, whose long black hair tied up and had square-shaped glasses boxed him on the stomach.

 

“OOF! What was that for, Himeko?!?” The boy complained.

“You’re always sooo…insensitive Yuto ...” the girl named Himeko muttered.

Yuri smiled gingerly at the boy named Yuto. “No worries, Nakayan! I’m alright. Aching back, that’s all...”

Himeko glanced at Miki. “Hey. You’re the new girl from 1-B, right?” she asked her coolly.

Miki nodded. ‘What a pretty nee-chan’ she thought.

“Um... Himeko-san, Nakayan, I’d like you to meet a new friend of mine, I met her at the middle school building.” Yuri introduced.

Complete silence. For three seconds, complete silence again. Yuto laughed. “So you’re a middle schooler, hahahahaha I thought you’re a high school student hahahahaha-OOF!” Yuto said as Himeko hit him in his stomach.

“Baka… She’s a high schooler. Didn’t I just say that she’s a new student from 1-B highschool?” Himeko said as she arranges her glasses.

“Damnit, a clear hit again.” Yuto muttered as he hugs his aching stomach, good thing they were in the clinic right now.

“Well, I guess I better introduce myself!! I’m Nakajima Yuto! Class 1-C! I like to play the drums” he introduced happily and immediately forgets about his stomach all of a sudden.

 

“Hello, I’m Inubashari Himeko. Class 1-C. A long-time friend of Yuri and this ‘idiot’” Himeko smiled as she points at Yuto, who was the ‘idiot’.

“Oh, I should also introduce myself, I’m Chinen Yuri! Class 1-B!” Yuri chimed in.

  

“U-um... you already told me that, Chinen-kun... ” Miki stammered.

“Did I?” Yuri asked innocently.

“What about you?” Himeko asked at Miki.

“Oh, I’m sorry!!! I’m... Kusakabe Miki. Class 1-B. Just moved here yesterday!” Miki introduced herself immediately.

“Nice to meet you! I heard Yuri befriend you immediately, which is unusual especially from him... “ Himeko told her.

“W-why?” “Well, his clique lacks girls, maybe…. After all, I’m the only girl on his group of friends... and all his male friends are talent stars from Johnny’s agency.” Himeko chuckled.

‘Soo pretty!!’ Miki thought as she looks at Himeko.

“Ahahahahahaha, that’s probably because you lack something a girl should have.. ahahahahaha.” Yuto said as he laughed jokingly at Himeko.

Suddenly a high kick was sent to Yuto, it was a specially delivered gift from Himeko’s leg.

‘And so strong’ Miki thought as she continues to admire Himeko, while Yuri was shivering in fear.

“Um….so does that mean……E-eh?!? You’re the only girl and-and- they’re from Johnny’s!!” Miki exclaimed, returning back from reality and was a bit surprised.

“Mmhmmm... Chinen Yuri and Nakajima Yuto. Does Hey Say JUMP ring a bell?” Himeko asked.

“Umm... no... But I know Johnny’s since my Kaa-chan likes SMAP and KinkiKids, I always see tons of magazines in our previous house, from Johnny’s but Hey Say JUMP...hmmm, never heard of them.” Miki answered.

Immediately Yuto and Yuri froze and both felt like there were no more souls in their bodies.

“Oh. But they’re too old to be students now... these two, along with seven others, are a part of the new J-pop group, HEY SAY JUMP—“ Himeko’s words were interrupted when seven students went inside the infirmary, saying hi to the nurse. “Oh, speaking of the wonderful seven....” Himeko giggled.

 

To be continued~