Arrival and Departure

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 13: Arrival and Departure

Miki was standing by the balcony of her room as the cool night breeze swept by. Her phone started to ring.

Chinen Yuri

He was calling, but she was expecting him anyway.

"Hello?" Miki answered with a happy tone in her voice.

 

"Miki-chan... I- I won't be able to see you for a whole month. Starting tomorrow." Yuri suddenly told her, with a serious tone in his voice.

"...Chinen-kun, are you alright?" Miki asked, worried. They had begun their date today, and she wasn't sure if it would also end today, tragically than she expected.

"...M-Miki? I'm not breaking up with you! It's just... I have work to do... I'm going to be in a new drama that Johnny-san's requested. And we'll be shooting in Kyoto." Yuri admitted, trying to calm Miki down.

"Well, we could always manage it... It's only for one month, isn't it?" Miki smiled as she felt hot tears form around her eyes.

The phone hung up, and Miki cried on the balcony quietly.

=====

The next day, Miki woke up earlier than usual, then grabbed a small charm from her cabinet. She was going to pay Yuri a visit before he boards the train for Kyoto.

 

She dialled Yuri's number and desperately waited for it to answer.

"Hello?" Yuri's raspy and sleepy voice made her sigh in relief.

"Chinen-kun, can you give me your address?"

"16 Chrysanthemum drive." Yuri yawned, then Miki suddenly hung up.

The girl ran to chrysanthemum drive, where Yuri was about to board the car when he saw Miki.

"M-Miki-chan?" Yuri gasped when Miki suddenly hugged him. He found himself hugging back. Miki broke away, and handed Yuri the small charm.

"Love distance, long affair." She muttered and bade goodbye to Yuri.

 

====

"So, your sister studied here before she was diagnosed for cancer, am I right? I'm going to check her records. Ne, what was her full name?" Yamaa-sensei asked the student in front of him.

"Yamada Kanagisa." The boy muttered blankly.

Yamaa-sensei was with a boy who was trying to enrol to the school, and they were loitering inside Ikuta-sensei's office cubicle.

"Eh, Kana? I think I know her! The heir of the clan in Chiba, am I right? She used to take piano lessons with Inoo Kei!" Yamaa-sensei exclaimed, banging his hands on the desk. He handed the transferee with an application form.

The boy glanced back into the watch and silently looked at his sister's school files. He then proceeded to sign his name on the application form.

Yamada Ryosuke.

Inside his sister's files, a photo of a young brunette girl with curly short hair was peeping by the folder.

 

===

6:30 am. October 5, 2011

Miki walked along the streets of Shibuyakuni when Himeko and Yuto greeted her.

"Hey, champ. Where's Chii?" Himeko hugged her from behind.

 

"I heard you two are an item now, huh? You had your first date one day ago, right?" Yuto patted her head. Miki nodded.

"Chinen-kun left for Kyoto yesterday." Miki answered, not taking the sweet smile off her face. The two suddenly dissolved into silence.

"Did he break up with you that fast?" Yuto asked. Himeko suddenly hit him on the head in her annoyance.

"Hey, Miki. Are you really sure you could handle a long distance relationship? I don't think you'll be okay with the circumstances—" Himeko suddenly stopped when Miki stopped walking and looked at her kindly.

"It's okay, Himeko-san. I can manage." She said softly, a hint of desperation in her voice. Himeko and Yuto looked at each other with a worried look in their faces.

 

"Hey! Fancy seeing you here!" A familiar voice called up to them. It was Maria and Yana walking from a nearby avenue.

"Hey~ Morning, Yansii. Morning, Fujiwara-san" Himeko waved, and tapped Yana's shoulder. Miki could only smile blankly and kept unreasonably quiet even after arriving at school.

 

===

"Yamaa-sensei's acting as the homeroom teacher today? Weird. I know that he is our respective homeroom adviser, but he rarely does his job as one. He's stuck as a Physical Ed. Teacher." One student gossiped with another. Miki wasn't really listening. The girl just gawked outside, bored with every lecture until Yamaa-sensei suddenly barged in the classroom with a young boy.

 

"Heyy, kids. Long time no see, and you probably know that I never act as an adviser, except for, ehem. Err, certain times." Yamaa-sensei announced as the whole class listened, except for Miki.

Kyoto...

Kyoto...

What's so great about Kyoto?

 

I wonder how Chinen-kun's doing...

"I would like you to meet a new student of ours. Let's all welcome Yamada-kun. Yamada Ryosuke!" Yamaa-sensei clapped, and so did the other students. The new kid, however, kept his calm gaze.

Ryosuke...

Ryosuke...

Lifesaving breath...

Ryosuke means 'lifesaving breath'...

That was all what Miki heard. The girl continued to space out as the wind blew fast outside. Yamaa-sensei motioned Ryosuke to take a seat in one of the empty chairs, and that he did, and sat on Yuri's place.

 

Ryosuke suddenly turned at Miki, who was still busy spacing out.

"You look familiar..."

The boy's rough and cold voice made Miki blink back to reality. She turned to her left and saw Ryosuke. Instead of freaking out, she simply smiled.

"You must be the new..."

Miki suddenly recognized him.

 

"You were that idiot who passed out in JUMP's concert." Ryosuke crossed his arms and shot back sarcastically. Miki turned pale.

"W-what? Oh dear... Mazui, mazui! Why is he calling me an idiot when he was the one who saved me? And why on earth is he on Chinen-kun's seat?" Miki tried to back her thoughts off when he suddenly had his face near her.

"I knew it. You're so stupid..."

 

Miki looked at him with a frightened look.

"... You don't even have a clue what my name is, you ungrateful twit." Ryosuke smirked threateningly. Miki could feel herself crying uselessly and desperately for Yuri to save her from the new student's hurtful words.

 

~to be continued.