Height Matters Very well...

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 17: Height matters very well...

The next morning came, and Miki was walking along the streets of Shibuyakuni. The girl was walking alone until she noticed a familiar figure walking on the other side of the street.

 

"Ryosuke-kun!" Miki waved and greeted him while she ran to Ryosuke.

"Oh, Bakausagi. Never thought you could get up so early." Ryosuke smiled sarcastically.

 

Miki nodded.

"Yurikkun told me that you were going to be the new member of their singing group? Hey Say JUMP. I hope you'll improvise their 'Your Seed' song. It's my favourite." Miki admitted.

 

"Yeah, though I haven't met any of the members yet, since I'm a newbie. But I'm far better off." Ryosuke coolly explained.

"Hmm, maybe you'll release that tsundere personality of yours when you get their happy vibes!" Miki laughed. Ryosuke glared and twitched his eyes in annoyance.

 

"Hmph, I'm not tsundere, and you know pretty much, for a small fry like you. I bet this 'Yurikkun' of yours took months to recover before accepting the fact that you're in high school." Ryosuke crossed his arms, and Miki blushed.

 

"Height doesn't matter! All it matters is what's inside the head!" Miki protested in dismay.

"Hah! You're blushing, Bakausagi. Did I just spill the beans?" Ryosuke laughed.

 

===

"Eh? Maria-chu, isn't that Yamada-san with Micchan?"Yana nudged Maria while the two were walking on their usual avenue. Maria looked at the two and smiled.

 

"I've never seen Yamada-kun so happy since Kana-san's death..." Maria admitted quietly and continued to smile. Yana turned to her with a worried expression.

"Ne, Maria-chu... Are you really sure you'll get married to this guy? You don't even love him, and he doesn't love you too, right?" Yana patted her back, and Maria looked at her: the same desperate look.

 

"It's okay... Because, Inoo-senpai doesn't love me too, right? I'll have to go with everything my parents say..." Maria continued.

===

"Hey, thanks for yesterday..." Miki tapped Ryosuke's shoulder as they sat down on their school desks.

 

"Eh? What for, bakausagi?" Ryosuke snapped back with curiosity.

"Well, the cooking class, both of us aced it, and the other's for saving me during the JUMP concert..." Miki kept wringing her hands in embarrassment. Ryosuke's eyes went wide with surprise.

 

"S-sure... I guess you weren't an ungrateful twit after all..." Ryosuke smiled and patted Miki's head roughly.

 

"Ohayo." A familiar voice opened the classroom door and greeted.

Miki and Ryosuke turned around and saw that most of the people flocking to the door.

 

"How did the drama go?"

"I heard Kawashima Umika was at the set!"

"Did you have fun in Kyoto?"

Miki's eyes widened and she ran to the crowd, then Ryosuke suddenly grabbed her hand to stop her. The crowd cleared up little by little, and revealed no more other than Chinen Yuri.

 

"Ohayo, Miki..." Yuri smiled at her sweetly.

"Y-Yurikkun?" Miki stammered and blushed bright red. Ryosuke, however, had a firm grip on the girl's arm. The whole class was shocked at what Miki called Yuri. Yuri ignored all of them and proceeded to hug Miki tightly.

"How's my girl?" Yuri whispered on Miki's shoulder.

"HIS GIRL?" the rest of the class went bananas, even Ryosuke's mouth was agape.

 

Yuri broke free from the hug and looked at Ryosuke.

"Oh, you must be the new student, and our newbie member..." Yuri smiled with a sadistic aura around him as he and Ryosuke stared at each other's eyes.

 

"Yeah, and you must be the 'Yurikkun' bakausagi was talking about..." Ryosuke smirked back evilly. Miki smiled at the two.

"Aww, they've just met, and they're getting along so soon." Miki thought to herself.

"Heheh, bakausagi, eh? Nobody calls my Miki an idiot bunny without my consent..." Yuri muttered sadistically. The two continued to stare at each other intensely and had the other students except Miki had backed away.

 

===

Kei was sitting alone in the music room as he took out his pocket watch that was from Maria six years ago. Inside was a small picture of a young Maria's bright smile.

 

"This is so improper..." Kei shook his head and sighed when the door suddenly opened.

Inside came Maria bringing her keyboard. She saw Kei holding the pocket watch and gasped. Immediately, Kei hid the pocket watch inside his blazer.

"I-I guess I'm going to practice Ronda Alla Turca. Kusakabe-san will be arriving soon..." Maria stammered and tried to ignore the incident with the pocket watch.

 

"Carry on, then."

===

"Hey, I'm not staying for too long. I'm going back to Kyoto, and I have to visit my parents in Shizuoka. Is that okay, Miki?" Yuri asked Miki as they went up to the music room.

"That's okay, Yurikkun. I won't be lonely if Ryosuke-kun's around..." Miki smiled at him. Yuri, however looked worried. They suddenly saw Himeko and Yuto along the corridors.

 

"Hey, look who's back!" Yuto grabbed Yuri and twirled him around like a baby.

"Hahah! Nakayan~ I missed you too. But I'm not going to stay for long. The drama's not finished yet, and I still have to visit my parents." Yuri laughed. Himeko patted Miki on the head.

"Hey, Champ. How's the friendship thing with the newbie?" Himeko asked.

"Well, I guess he's my friend now. He's very tsundere, though..." Miki admitted.

The school bell suddenly struck 12:00pm and Miki rushed to the music room.

"Bye guys! I'm going to practice for school festival!" Miki waved and disappeared in the music room's door.

===

"Hey, how're yah?" Yuma suddenly came from nowhere and greeted Ryosuke. The bespectacled boy was resting underneath a large acacia tree by the school garden. He sighed as the soft wind passed by and opened his eyes.

 

"Yo. I'm better than ever. This Kana thing is slowly shooing, though." Ryosuke sat down and smiled. He grabbed a soymilk from his bag and quenched his thirst.

 

"Man, I've never seen a smile like that from you. Tell me, is it because of Miki-san?" Yuma asked bluntly and smirked. Ryosuke spat the contents of his soymilk and pretended to look at the nutrition facts.

 

"...What?" Ryosuke asked uncomfortably. Yuma clapped his hands.

"You like Miki-san, don't you? Even if she already has Chinen-san?" Yuma tried to force the truth out of Ryosuke.

"W-well, of course not. An idiot like her? Hahah... And did you see that 'Yurikkun' of hers? A midget like her..." Ryosuke laughed nervously and wiped his glasses.
Yuma smirked.

"Jealous~" He hummed. Ryosuke shook his head, but continued to blush.

~to be continued.

Author's note: Umm, Sorry for the really really really short chappies I've been giving out. This thing's going to be finished soon, and you better watch out for the spinoff story, "Shinku", which will be focusing on Ryosuke and Miki's relationship. Keep reading! Keep reading! I promise it'll be exciting!

-KuronekoBurijio