The Calling

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 15: The calling

"Good news, guys. Today is a half day, since the radio broadcasting club will have their preparations for this month's school festival!" Ueda-sensei announced happily. The class clapped, except for Miki who was spacing out yet again.

The girl noticed the empty seat beside her.

"I wonder where Ryosuke-kun is..." she wondered. Just then, the door flew open, and Maria suddenly came inside.

"Good morning, may I please excuse Kusakabe Miki-san?" Maria requested politely. The other students looked at her, then to Miki. The blonde girl stood up, and bowed to the teacher.

"We're going to perform Ronda Alla Turca on the school festival." Maria informed Miki as they walked by the corridors.

"Eh? As a duet?" Miki smiled with excitement. Suddenly, the door of the nearby broadcasting room flung open, and the two saw Ryosuke.

Instead of reacting violently, Maria and Ryosuke bowed at each other with respect. Miki's mouth was agape, since she never thought a rude person like him would do something like that. Ryosuke glared at Miki after his bow.

"Take care, Yamada-san." Maria nodded and they went back to walking.

"Oh... So his surname is Yamada... Wait, the Yamagumi?" Miki suddenly thought wildly.

"F-Fujiwara-san, are you acquainted with Ryosuke-kun?" Miki asked as she shook Maria's hand.

The other girl smiled blankly.

"Yamada-san is my fiancé. " She whispered desperately.

Miki's eyes widened.

 

===

"So, Yamada-kun. To get rid of your stress, Imai-sensei, Tackey-sensei, and Toma-sensei have made something for you to accomplish." Yamaa-sensei handed an envelope to Ryosuke as the boy looked curiously.

Asia no Yoru

"What the hell is this?" Ryosuke sarcastically muttered as he opens the contents of the envelope.

"Well, those are song lyrics. And later, you'll be singing it in the broadcasting room, young man. Kazuya-sensei's ordered it himself, seeing that you're too stressed and antisocially detached." Yamaa-sensei explained clearly.

Ryosuke glared at him.

"You want me to sing?"

===
"B-but, Himeko-san told me that you love Kei-kun! You can't love a hard person like him!" Miki pointed accusingly at Ryosuke's place earlier. Maria gave her a sad look of desperation.

"I can't change anything, Kusakabe-san. I have to go on..." Maria gripped her fingers on Miki's hand.

"B-but—" Miki stammered in effort for Maria's decision to change.

"I know that I don't love Yamada-san, and I know that he doesn't love me, but we have no choice. To follow our parent's orders, or kicked out of the family..." Maria told her with a quiet tone.

"But that's wrong! If you're going to live a life that follows someone else's orders, it's better to not live at all!" Miki desperately persuaded. Maria looked at her and smiled sweetly.

"You sound like Yansii already... Don't worry about me, Kusakabe-san." Maria told her and pinched Miki's cheeks. Unconvinced, Miki only followed Maria's lead to the music room.

Inside, Kei was waiting for them.

"Alright, you probably know the big news, right? we're going to perform the Turkish march within the month."

The two sat down and plugged in their keyboards.

===

Two hours passed and Miki and Maria were allowed to go back to their classrooms and take their classes. A loud screeching was heard across the whole building.

"Hello, students of Shibuya District Private Academy. I would like to present to you another student from Johnny's entertainment, Yamada Ryosuke." Kamenashi-sensei's voice vibrated across all the halls and interrupted the whole classes.

Strange music was suddenly heard as a voice sang along.

Kimi wa maboroshi no Lady, Binetsu ga boku wo tsutsumikomu

Waraikakeru akuma no Joker
Miwaku no koi ni oboretai...

 

In class 1E, another dispute started. Mariya stared at the speaker inside the classroom and wondered what the singer looked like.

" I've never heard such voice before... I bet that Yamada guy is a handsome one~" Mariya muttered to herself.

 

Maria and Miki stopped to their tracks.

"Ayashii... He never sang ever since..." Maria curiously wondered and squinted her eyes.

"Eh? Ever since what?" Miki nudged her.

"Ever since his older sister died."

Suddenly, the microphone back in the broadcasting room started to go static as Ryosuke suddenly stopped singing and instead muttered one word.

"...Miki."

Maria turned back to Miki and looked observant to her facial features.

 

"Kusakabe-san, you look like Kana-san... " Maria noticed. Miki's eyes widened.

"You really do look like his older sister..."

====

Ryosuke realized what he had just said over the microphone, and stormed out of the broadcasting room. Yamaa-sensei and Kamenashi-sensei tried to chase him, and fortunately, they caught him.

"Yamada-kun? What was that about? You were already great with the song, and you suddenly muttered some girl's name? You can tell me what's wrong!" Yamaa-sensei grabbed him, and the boy tried to break free.

 

"Shut the up and leave me alone!" Ryosuke tried to fight back, but to no avail with Kamenashi-sensei's grip holding him off.

"I know what you feel, Ryosuke! You can't get over Kana's death because of Kusakabe!" Kamenashi-sensei shouted at him. Ryosuke soon came back to his senses and stopped struggling. Instead, he sobbed on Yamaa-sensei's shoulder.

 

===

Miki's phone started to ring thrice.

Chinen Yuri

"Ah, Yurikkun! I was missing your calls again!" Miki sighed in relief. Yuri was laughing at the other line.

"Aww, You're so adorable, Miki-chan! I guess Inubasharin told you to call me by the first name, eh?" Yuri giggled to Miki.

 

"W-well..." Miki blushed and stammered.

"Hey, anyway! We've got a new member in our team Hey! Say! JUMP! Isn't it awesome?" Yuri chimed as he shouted on the other line.

"Eh? Really? Then Yabu-senpai's wish finally came true!" Miki smiled.

"Yeah. The new member's name is Yamada Ryosuke. "

 

Miki felt like fainting when she heard his name.

"Miki-chan, are you okay?" Yuri sounded concerned.

Miki only stared in disbelief as she realized what was happening to her life. Ryosuke was in it, not to mention the weird thing that happened a while ago when he suddenly uttered her name in the microphone.

"That guy... Why is he embarrassing me?" She thought to herself as she hung up suddenly and went back to sleep.

 

~to be continued.