Nakajima-kun's rest house

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional

Chapter 11: Nakajima-kun's rest house

Hey, champ! Yuto's throwing a victory party at their rest house in Fujisawa. You have to go, since you're the victory man. Let's meet up at my place at 4:30 this Tuesday. It's the big semester break anyway.

Miki closed her phone after reading Himeko's message, and ran to the living room where her father was reading the morning paper.

Minutes later, a loud scream was heard across the living room. Miki grabbed her phone again and called Himeko.

"I'm allowed, Himeko-san!" She hollered.

On the other line, Himeko smiled to herself and nodded.

====

Tuesday, 4:00AM

Miki grabbed her tote bag from the sofa and hurriedly wore her sneakers.

"BYE DAD! LOVE YOU! DON'T FORGET TO LOCK THE DOOR! TAKE CARE!" Miki shouted and closed the door absentmindedly. The girl ran to peony drive and huffed her lungs out when she saw Himeko and Yuto carrying their bags. Keito was already there, and Ryutaro suddenly arrived with Miki.

" Hey, champ. Just in time! We're taking the train, kay? Too bad Kei-senpai, Maria and Yansii aren't coming. But oh well, it's just the ten of us." Himeko patted her fluffy locks.

"Yo, guys! I'm with Yuuyan~!" Yuri suddenly appeared carrying a gym bag with Yuuya with him.

"Chinen-kun!" Miki suddenly hugged him, much to his surprise.

" Hey, champ! We are so going to have fun at Nakayan's rest house!" Yuri patted her again.

"Ugh. Thank God, coz it's the middle of the summer swelter heat! October's coming in..." Yuuya commented.

An hour later, the rest of the group were at Yuto's place, each carrying a bag and a pair of tickets.

"Alright, seems that we're all ready, right? To the train station!" Yuto exclaimed, leading the way. Another commotion was forming on the pedestrian lanes of Shibuyakuni.

The bullet train headed Southward to Fujisawa seemed rather empty and the group wasted no time and chatted with one another.

"Hey, guys! Did you know that Daichan cannot multiply?" Yuuya jokingly announced, disturbing Daiki's happy time on his laptop.

"I- ... you! " Daiki uselessly squirmed about and tried to lunge at Yuuya. Yuri and Miki were seated across each other, and stared silently at the window's view.

====

It took them two hours to get to Fujisawa, and were greeted by beaches with pristine clear waters and tan coloured sands. Nakajima's rest house was overlooking the bay.

"Ah!~ So long since I've got here! Hey Himeko, still remember this place where we played truth or dare?" Yuto stretched his arms wide and pointed to the nearby forest.

"Yeah, I guess so. We got lost, right?" Himeko nodded. The other members looked at the beautiful view of the beach with awe. Yuto smirked at them.

"Wow, Yuto! You rich bastard!" Hikaru ruffled Yuto's hair.

"Oh, Yaotome-senpai! You'll definitely love the place! There's even a drum set on board!" Yuto laughed, placing his arm on Hikaru's shoulder.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go change, ladies!" Himeko motioned all of them, and grabbed Miki's hand. The girl stopped, however, when Miki started to hesitate.

"Eh? Something wrong, Miki?"

The blonde girl looked worried and pale as she looked at the beach uneasily.

" I've forgotten how to swim..." Miki admitted, looking at her feet.

"W-What? You. Don't. Know. How. To. Swim?" Daiki asked, shocked.

Miki shook her head.

" I've forgotten because I was so scared of beaches. I got stung by a jellyfish..." Miki told them with a pale expression on her face. The memory of getting stung by a jellyfish was etched in her mind.

"Well that's okay, though. Chii can accompany you. He doesn't know how to swim either." Keito whispered and pointed at Yuri, who was busy taking pictures of the view.

All the others were swimming by the bay as Yuri and Miki watched from afar. They weren't actually envious, but they acted rather awkward towards each other.

"H-hey, you wanna play truth or dare? The heat and the boredom is totally killing me..." Yuri offered, wiping his sweat. Miki looked at him, confused, but the girl nodded anyways.

"Hmm, we could walk by the forest until the sun sets! If you manage to cross the forest and not get lost, we get something special from Nakayan!" Yuri winked happily and grabbed Miki's hand.

"Ch-Chinen-kun, wait! " Miki tried to protest as they went inside the forest.

====

Everything around them seemed lush and lively.

"Wow, Miki. This is so cool! Forget swimming, I love exploring!" Yuri stretched his arms wide and lay down on the soft green grass. He motioned Miki too.

From afar, the sun was already beginning to set as the sky turned bright orange.

"Hey, let's go back now Chinen-kun..." Miki requested with a frightened look on her face.

Yuri stood up, and all of the sudden, he rolled downwards and fell with a splash.

"Yuri!" Miki helplessly called out and tried to reach Yuri from the murky swamp. Gurgles were heard and what Miki could only see were bubbles, loom, and algae. Then there was silence. The swamp looked way deep as Miki too, plunged in. the girl couldn't feel the riverbed, and desperately tried to look for Yuri while trying to stay afloat.

Miki finally saw Yuri beneath a nearby row of Mangroves and grabbed his hand. Together, they swam to the shore. The girl didn't mind Yuri's weight and continued to lurch forward to get to the shore.

"Chinen-kun? Chinen-kun!" Miki shouted at Yuri's unconscious figure. He was cold, pale and clammy as Miki slapped him, but to no avail. The girl had no choice but to CPR.

"Here goes..." Miki told herself and ignored the consequences. Her lips went nearer and nearer to Yuri's soft lips.

"It's just like how we met..." Miki forcefully shut her eyes and almost kissed Yuri.

"M-Miki?" Yuri opened his eyes wide.

The two opened their eyes, and backed away when they came to the point that their faces were barely centimetres apart.

"Ch-Chinen-kun! I-it's not wh-what y-you..." Miki stuttered, shaking her head and blushed. They jumped away from each other and blushed.

"I-I know, Miki-chan... W-We better go back before Nakayan and the others get worried..." Yuri offered. The two looked at each other and noticed that both of them were drenched with swamp water.

They stood up and continued to walk and find their way out of the forest. Unfortunately, the sun was down, and the forest was getting more and more thicker than they expected.

"Chinen-kun... I think we're lost..." Miki glanced around the groves nearby and held tight to Yuri's shirt.

"Oh, crap... If only I brought my phone..." Yuri swore, and checked his empty pockets. Miki suddenly brightened up and grabbed the phone in her pocket. When the girl opened it, a loud fizz and hiss, and then the phone went dead.

" M-My phone's broken..." Miki shook, tears flowing from her eyes.

====

", no signal..." Daiki and Yuuya swore as they uselessly fiddled with the keypad of their phone.

"Oh, where could they be?" Himeko sighed worriedly as she tried to contact Miki and Yuri.

"Hey, guys. Relax. They must be bonding and doing stuff in the forest so they could get even since they weren't able to swim..." Hikaru muttered absentmindedly. Yuuya, Daiki, and Yuto gave him a hard glare.

Suddenly, Himeko stood up and smiled wickedly.

"That's it! Very good, Hikaru-senpai!" She snapped as she ran to the nearest cabinet and grabbed large flashlights.

"We'll go looking for the two lovebirds, guys. " Himeko stamped. Yuto suddenly grabbed her flashlight.

"No, Himeko. We'll look for them. You and Ryutaro stay here and guard the cabin." Yuto nodded, and left with the rest of the members except Himeko and Ryutaro.

====

"Miki-chan, I'm sorry for causing too much trouble for today..." Yuri apologized, the two huddled to each other to keep themselves warm.

Miki and Yuri shivered as the cold wind passed by. Their clothes were sagging wet, and they smelled of murk. They had no choice but to lie down and huddle to each other if they were to survive.

"I'm thankful that you're with me, Chinen-kun. I guess I'd rather be with you than be alone..." Miki admitted, and closed her eyes. Yuri hugged her and tried to keep her warm, and little by little his eyelids drooped and fell into deep slumber until the morning light came.

===

Yuri woke up and the morning ray splashed right on his eyes. He was about to yawn when he saw Hikaru's face above him.

"H-Hikaru-senpai?" Yuri backed away and shrieked. Hikaru made a shush gesture and pointed to Miki, who was sleeping soundly on Yuri's chest.

"Hmmm, sweet..." Daiki suddenly giggled.

"D-Daichan! Hikaru-senpai! It's not what you think!" Yuri blushed hard and tried to deny what his seniors were thinking.

"Hey, guys! We found them!" Daiki called to the others. They all huddled and tried to carry Miki back to the cabin. Yuri stood up and smiled to himself when Yuto suddenly hit him softly on the stomach.

" You evil little brat. What the hell happened last night?" Yuto snickered. Yuri shook his head and placed his palm on his face.

~to be continued.