Kana's Clip

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP Project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko

Disclaimer: We do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 19: Kana’s Clip

Two days later, Yuri suddenly stopped texting and calling. Miki spent most of her free time gawking yet again by the window and looking dreamily at the skies. When Ryosuke saw this, he snapped at her.

 

“Hey, tomorrow is the school’s festival, right? Don’t you have something to do with the student teacher guy? His name was Inoo, right?” Ryosuke told her. miki remained silent and only nodded as she stared at her phone.

 

“Hey, you better stop doing that, you’re making me worr-“ Miki suddenly looked up with a tired smile etched on her face.

“Er, freaked out...” Ryosuke sighed and left the room. Practice was awaiting him back in the agency, and he only looked back at Miki.

Outside Class 1B, Mariya and Ryosuke crossed paths and Mariya stared at Ryosuke’s figure.

 

“W-wow... He’s so... so...” She stuttered dreamily and blushed.

“Ne, Nishichii. You’re really into that JUMP’s new member. I heard news that the blonde girl from the same class is friends with him.” One of her friends, Kumai Yurina whispered.

 

Mariya shot a glance at Miki’s delirious figure and frowned.

“I thought she was dating Chinen Yuri?” She demanded. Yurina crossed her arms.

“Isn’t it obvious? That Miki is two timing.” She accusingly pointed.

===

Ryosuke took dancing practice with the rest of the JUMP members and soon sat down on the floor.

“Hey, Yamada-kun.” An unfamiliar voice suddenly walked to him. Ryosuke looked up and saw Inoo Kei still in his uniform.

 

“You must be the guy whom Ikuta-sensei and Yamapi-sensei were talking about.” Kei smiled at his underclassman.

“What do you want?” Ryosuke spat at him as he wiped the sweat off his neck.

“I’m Kana’s teacher.” Kei patted him gently and handed him a closed fist. When Kei revealed the inside of his fist, Ryosuke suddenly realized that it was something that reminded him of Kana.

 

“My sister’s clip...” Ryosuke was at lost for words when Kei gave him the item and left.

===

Business trip, dear. Take care of the house and don’t get killed.

Miki sighed as she closed her phone after receiveing a text message from her father.

“Aww, Dad. I never thought you’ll leave me here too...” Miki muttered to herself as she passed by the comfort rooms near the corridors. Just then, three pairs of hands grabbed her and shoved her to the bathroom wall.

 

“Hmm, Let’s see now. Your precious Yuri isn’t here to save you, Kusakabe.” Mariya smirked at Miki. The girl tried to fight back but to no avail when Yurina and another friend of hers pinned her on the wall.

 

“Please... I don’t want fights because of me...” Miki cried silently when Mariya suddenly slapped her hard.

“ I can’t believe it?! You’re actually BEGGING for all of this, you two timing flirt!” Mariya screamed at her and grabbed her by her bangs.

 

Mariya looked so furious when she banged Miki’s head on the wall and pushed her to the floor. Miki lay bruised on the head as she helplessly gasped. Mariya and her other friends snickered as Mariya placed her foot on Miki’s chest.

“Now, tell me more about Yamada-kun. It seems that I’ve fallen for him too, haven’t I? Or are you too jealous to react?” Mariya and grabbed her by the end of her necktie.

Unexpectedly enough, when Mariya suddenly tried to slap Miki hard, there was a hand that stopped her from doing so.

 

“I-It’s...” Yurina stood shocked and cupped .

“Y-Yamada-kun?!?” Mariya let go of Miki and sat still.

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t like girls who are like you...” Ryosuke coldly explained as he carried the unconscious Miki.

“In fact, I hate the likes of you. I barely even know you, and that’s not love.” Ryosuke told them and left.

===

Miki suddenly woke up and was surprised to see herself carried by Ryosuke.

“R-Ryosuke-kun, what just happened?” Miki clutched her aching bruise. The boy looked at her with annoyance.

 

“You kidding me? We’ve only been walking for thirty minutes and you’ve forgotten everything. You really are a Bakausagi...” Ryosuke muttered underneath his breath when they finally arrived at Ryosuke’s apartment.

“Eh, where am I?” Miki looked around the unfamiliar place.

“I’ll have to treat the cuts that Mariya girl gave you. You can’t go around town looking like that...” Ryosuke pointed to her messy uniform. When the girl saw herself, she looked embarrassed.

 

“Don’t worry, bakausagi. I won’t do anything to hurt you.” Ryosuke sighed, trying to convince the girl. Miki touched her forehead and reluctantly went inside Ryosuke’s apartment. The boy closed the door behind him and Miki looked around.

Ryosuke’s apartment had a messy aura around it, but the place was very neat. Expensive looking paintings hung low on the walls, the wallpaper felt warm because of the colours. It looked like an average adult’s condominium, and Miki wondered why Ryosuke lived by himself.

 

“Um, why do you live by yourself, Ryosuke-kun?” Miki asked out of the blue. Ryosuke scratched his head and looked at her.

“Well, I ran away from my parents. My sister used to live here with me.” Ryosuke told her and hung his bag on the hook.

His dead sister, the one Fujiwara-san was talking about?

 

Miki hung her head low and Ryosuke motioned her to sit on the couch while he took out an ice pack from the freezer.

“I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused today...” Miki apologized while Ryosuke motioned her to lie down so he could see the bruise better.

“I-It’s okay. Actually, I felt relieved that I was there to see you.” Ryosuke admitted as he blushed while placing the icepack on her forehead. Miki smiled. Ryosuke suddenly blinked when he forgot what he was supposed to give Miki and grabbed something from his blazer pocket.

“Oh, umm... Here, it’s for you.” He handed her Kana’s clip. Miki stared at it for a while.

“A-a, Carrot clip?” Miki muttered and giggled.

 

“Well, you’re a bakausagi, aren’t you? A simple ‘Thank you’ would do.” Ryosuke sarcastically crossed his arms.  Miki smiled at him and clipped the carrot on the left of her bangs.

“Thank you, Ryosuke-kun. If it weren’t for you, I would have died without Yurikkun...” Miki bowed in respect. The boy removed his frown and patted Miki’s head.

“Oh, it’s getting late?! It just turned 7PM, what the hell.” Ryosuke muttered angrily as he looked at the clock.

“It’s okay. My Dad’s not home, maybe I could spend a little more time with you?” Miki offered. Ryosuke blushed at her comment and realized how awkward the aura was inside the room with only her and him.

“W-well, what do you suggest to do while we pass time, huh?” Ryosuke turned to the girl. Miki took off her shoes and went to the kitchen.

“We could cook together again?” Miki gleamed. Ryosuke’s blush faded and nodded.

“Why not?”

====

“Wow, that was pretty quick compared to what we did back at Nino and Tackey’s class.” Ryosuke admitted as they set the table. The smell of fried fish was present inside the whole apartment.

“Yes, but I really liked your spicy squid better. I wish Yurikkun was there to taste our cooking as well~” Miki hummed to her delight while placing a bowl of strawberries swimming in crème inside the refrigerator. Ryosuke frowned out of sight.

“Hell yeah, he’ll drop dead at our food.” He muttered to himself. The two sat down on the chairs.

“So... Ryosuke-kun’s dish for today is fish in chilli sauce?” Miki observed the meal Ryosuke cooked. Though it sounded so simple, the fish had been elegantly deboned.

“Yep, missy. That’s milkfish from the Philippines. And hell knows how to debone them.” Ryosuke smirked at Miki and pointed at the fish swimming in chilli sauce. The girl forked a forkful, and chewed the fish thoroughly and tasting it.

“That was... Unexpected!” Miki complemented and gave a convincing smile before returning to her meal. She suddenly noticed a picture near the dinner table.

 

“I-is this your sister?” Miki stuttered and realized how much she and Kana looked alike except for his sister’s brown locks. Everything looked the same, Kana and Ryosuke shared the same eye colour: Blue. Blue just like Miki’s. The chin length hair, the eyes, the smile, the kind gaze. The clip.

Miki reached for the carrot clip on her head and it.

“Ryosuke-kun... Is this Kanagisa-san?” Miki looked sadly at Ryosuke, who didn’t look disturbed. The boy remained stoic.

“...Yes. She’s my older sister, and she died last year because of a tumour in .” Ryosuke coolly replied.

“I... Fujiwara-san told me I looked a lot like her...” Miki clutched her hands. Ryosuke continued eating but an uneasy aura suddenly wrapped the two of them into dead silence.

“I’m sorry, Ryosuke-kun. I didn’t know I was hurting you this much...” Miki apologized. Ryosuke stood up and hugged her tight.

“It’s okay, Miki. You were the comfort I needed.” He whispered under his breath.

===

“Eh? It’s raining pretty bad outside... How on earth will I be able to get home?” Miki muttered as she checked the window to see the outside. The rain was pouring loudly and lightning flashed through the sky. The thunder rumbled loudly and Miki covered the window back.

 

Ryosuke plopped a disk inside the DVD player.

“Well, We could watch a movie while we wait.” Ryosuke offered and grabbed the remote.

“Oh, alright. I do hope the rain will stop...” Miki sighed, unconvinced as she took one more glance in the outside.

“Cool, we get to watch Resident Evil. You know, that zombie movie about the infected, blabla and all that? It’s really nice.” Ryosuke motioned Miki to sit beside him on the sofa, which Miki followed.

 

Miki couldn’t stand another horrific hour as characters in the movie got bitten and became infected, and them becoming badly decomposed zombies. The girl hid her face underneath a throw pillow and covered her ears in effort to shut the screams and growls out.

 

“Uguu, Ryosuke-kun! Make it stop pleaaase!!!” She squealed in terror. Ryosuke giggled at the frightened girl and walked to the fridge to give Miki a glass of water, just to calm her down.

 

The boy was so engrossed with the film, he failed to notice what he was pouring into the two glasses. Ryosuke walked back to the sofa and stopped the movie so Miki could calm down. He handed her the glass and sat down.

“I don’t want to finish the movie anymore...” Miki admitted and drank the glass’s contents without stopping.

 

“Relax, bakausagi. The film’s about to---“ Ryosuke stopped talking when he suddenly sniffed an unfamiliar odour inside the glass.

“This isn’t water...” Ryosuke thought to himself and ran to the fridge. What shocked him was a bottle of strong gin inside his fridge.

 

“What the hell??!?! I got Miki drunk!” Ryosuke bit his lip in shock and looked at Miki, who was watching the movie back. The boy ran to her, and saw that the girl was turning groggy and drooped. He sat down without another word.

 

===

The movie was halfway finished when Ryosuke suddenly saw Miki dozing off and slightly blushing because of the alcohol intake.

 

“I’m in big trouble...” Ryosuke gulped and turned the TV off, carrying Miki to his room. The boy placed her on the bed silently and picked up her phone which he dropped earlier.

Ryosuke looked at Miki’s sleeping figure and realized how vulnerable she looked while she slept. The boy shook his head and lay next to her as he took her phone.

 

17 messages from Chinen Yuri.

Annoyed, Ryosuke deleted all of the unopened messages and turned to Miki.

“I hate the way you rely on him so much when I’m here...” Ryosuke leaned closer to Miki’s figure and smirked to himself.

“I’ll have something he’ll never get back.” Ryosuke silently muttered and leaned closer until he caught Miki’s lips.

 

The boy found himself stealing Miki’s first kiss as he held out a little longer and embraced her by the waist.

“I’ll get you soon from that midget, Kusakabe. “ Ryosuke smiled to himself, content to what he’s done.

 

~to be continued.

Author’s note: this is a birthday special! XD Happy birthday to me! And thank you for all the subbies and the favies who really showed their appreciation by commenting, and etc. I love you all! Anyway, I want to ask you: who’s a better pairing? MikiXYuri, or MikiXRyosuke? :D