Grand Chase

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Shoujo JUMP! PROJECT        

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates and Hey!Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 4: Grand Chase

Miki sighed. Jun-sensei ordered her to clean the faculty’s storage room as punishment for sleeping in his class. For two hours, she’s been there. And yet, she’s still there, arranging boxes covered with dust bunnies and dirt. Her fever has gone higher since that incident yesterday.

 

“Ugh.. Chinen-kun.. I feel exhausted than before...” Miki muttered, coughing. She swept the floor and checked the time. Her stomach groaned.

” Only five minutes before recess ends.”. She told herself.

She sat down one of the storage boxes and began to feel dizzy again, and closed her eyes.

~~~~

Meanwhile...

“idiot. Idiot Yuto. I want to kick you so badly again.. Aaarghhh!!!” Himeko whined while walking with Yuto.

 

 

“What?! It wasn’t my fault you lost the dance contest with Chii! You were the ‘master of dance’ when we were kids, remember?! “. Yuto shot back at her.

 

“Idiot! That was when we were kids! We ain’t kids anymore! And this is so wrong! Stalking Miki-chan! Can’t you show mercy or respect?!”Himeko complained once more. Yuto remained quiet and entered the faculty room.

 

“Ah! Excuse me, teachers. Have you by any chance, seen a girl named Kusakabe Miki? “. Yuto bluntly announced. He was taken aback when he saw Jun-sensei in front of him. Himeko only stared at the strict teacher with intimidating eyes.

 

“Kusakabe is still doing her punishment. You are not her classmate, Nakajima. So why does this concern you?” Jun-sensei asked coolly.

 

Yuto bowed at him and whispered: “Sumimasen..”.

 

 Himeko, however, was still staring at the teacher, trying hard to intimidate him or scare him for starters.

 

 

“It is very rude to stare at a teacher, Inubashari.” He gently told her. Himeko didn’t budge until Yuto nudged at her. The two left the faculty quietly, without any idea what Miki was up to.

~~~~~~

Miki’s slumber was disturbed when Ikuta-sensei suddenly entered the storage room. He noticed her.

 

“Oi!! What on earth are you doing here?! Isn’t it time for your classes, Freshman?” Ikuta-sensei demanded.

Miki stood up.

“I-I’m sorry! Jun-sensei ordered me to clean up this place and I wasn’t allowed to go outside or leave unless my work is finished. “ She apologized.

Toma Ikuta-sensei, who was taken aback, shouted for Jun-sensei.

 

“Matsumoto! What on earth is a freshman doing inside the storage room?!” Ikuta-sensei shouted at Jun-sensei, who remained calm.

“Ah, I ordered her to clean up the mess since she slept in my class.” Jun-sensei declared.

Miki tried to in.

“.. Sensei.. I slept in your class because I was so tired.. I had a fever since Saturday. It still hasn’t subsided yet. And yesterday, Chinen-kun...” Miki explained. Ikuta-sensei checked her temperature. Sure enough, she was warm.

 

“Oh my, you do have a temperature. C’mon. We should consult Junnosuke.” Ikuta-sensei told her. Miki looked at him curiously.

“Junnosuke?” she asked.

 

“ Taguchi Junnosuke, The school nurse. He’ll probably find a way..” Ikuta-sensei reassured her.

Miki only followed him to the clinic. They walked quietly, not speaking with each other.

 

 

“So, you’re a friend of Chinen, eh? Then that makes you a friend of Inoo, yes?” Ikuta asked her. Miki nodded.

 

 

 

“Kei-senpai was always the substitute teacher for your sessions, Ikuta-sensei.. May I ask why?” she asked.

 

“Ah. I’ve got a drama to shoot abroad. It , really. It’s giving me a headache.. “ Ikuta-sensei replied.

Ikuta-sensei left her in the school’s infirmary. The nurse, Taguchi Junnosuke-sensei, was to care for her. He made open wide to check .

 

“You’ve got strep throat. That explains your fever. And, well.. Your coarse voice..” Junnosuke-sensei told her, and handed her a mint lozenge.

 

“I’ll ask you to stay for a while in the infirmary. You’ll have to skip classes for this day.”

 

Miki was feeling so weak she didn’t answer. Instead, she plopped down one of the beds and tried to rest.

 

~~~~~

Japanese sessions came for class 1B.

“Miki-chan, where are you?” Yuri asked himself, and stared at Miki’s desk that was right beside his. Yuri was growing more and more worried.

 

“No news from Nakayan or Inubasharin.. No text messages from them either.” Yuri thought, checking his phone underneath his desk.

 

Nobody noticed him since Massuda-sensei was reciting his lessons with his samisen.

 Yuri was growing more and more paranoid.

 

“What if.. Jun-sensei is torturing her in front of all the teachers in the faculty room?! Tsk. I’ll blow his head off if he does.. “. He thought, bringing out his sadistic side.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the infirmary, Miki had trouble sleeping when two middle School students named Satou Shori and Yo Marius entered the room.

 

 

“Junnochiin! I want this! Oh! And what does this do? Cool! I can see blood! Marius! Check this out!” Shori’s voice resounded the entire room. Junnosuke-sensei were shouting at the two and ordering them to get out. They opened the curtains covering Miki’s bed.

 

“A freshman! Yey! We have a new playmate, Marius!” Shori giggled and poked her face. The other boy, Marius, joined him.

 

“She looks like a doll..” Marius weakly commented.

 

“nee-nee-nee-san!~” they hummed while rhythmically poking Miki’s face.

 

Miki went pale and only pretended to sleep. She sighed in relief when Junnosuke-sensei allowed her to leave and attend her classes.

 

Miki walked out of the clinic staggering by her feet. Junnosuke was already trying to shoo Marius and Shori away from the infirmary. She found herself slightly smiling at the sight of the children treating Junnosuke as their father.

 

She passed by the chemistry lab, and was shocked to hear a loud “BOOM” arouse inside it. A man in his mid thirties was cursing loudly and pouring the explosion with sand.

 

“Sho-sensei!!! The gas valve is still open!!” one of the third year students yelled.

 

“S#!@&^*&&@$!!!” Sho-sensei cursed loudly.

 

Miki moved quickly.

~~~~~

Yuri’s deadly aura was already scaring half of the class when Miki suddenly appeared and looked awfully exhausted.

 

“I-I’m back..”Miki smiled. Her classmates stared in bewilderment as Yuri’s aura disappears.

“Welcome back, Miki-chan.” Yuri smiled brightly, since she was the person he was expecting. Massuda-sensei stared at the two.

“Ahem. Is something going on between the two?” Massuda-sensei asked one of the male students. The boy shrugged, and joined him in staring.

 

Fifteen minutes of silence was done until Miki suddenly threw up. The students stared in horror.

 

~~~~~

It was the end of classes when Yuri asked Miki if he could accompany her back to her place. Miki agreed, since she did need help in walking.

“I’m sorry about what I did to you yesterday..” Yuri apologized suddenly. Miki was taken aback.

“C-Chinen-kun.. what for?” Miki asked him.

“I wanted you to dance with me. And I exhausted you out..” Yuri admitted. Miki didn’t want to say anything. True, he did tire her out.

“And.. I embarrassed you on stage by whispering in your ear sweetly in public..” Yuri held her hand, tears welling up his eyes.

 

Miki blushed when she remembered that moment.

 

“..Dance with me..”

She remembered how his breath tickled her ear, and wondered whether it was that moment that hypnotized her into dancing.

“M-Miki-chan, why are you blushing?” Yuri asked her, the tears already gone, but his hands were still locked on Miki’s.

“A-ah..N-No..”Miki barely finished her sentence when Yuri smirked.

“You liked it, didn’t you?” He asked her with a sadistic aura around him again.

 

“C-Chinen-kun! Of course I didn’t—Ouch!“ Miki winced as Yuri tightened his grip. He began to walk towards her and sniffed her hair.

“You liked it, Miki.. I know you did..” Yuri whispered sweetly again. Miki hated the situation.

“S-stop it..” she muttered. Yuri snapped out of his trance and blinked several times.

“Let’s walk home.. “ he told her, and let go of her hands.

Miki shuddered.

 

“A-Alright... B-But.. Junnosuke-sensei told me to buy medicines.. S-Since I still have flu and strep throat..” Miki stammered, still shaken by what happened earlier.

 

Yuri nodded.

~~~~~~

The two walked slowly out of the school hall, still shaken. Miki and Yuri spotted Kei and a female freshman entering the music room.

“A-Ah.. Kei-kun was going to have piano sessions with Fujiwara-san..” Yuri stammered, not looking at Miki.

“O-Oh.. I see..” Miki smiled weakly. The two were obviously feeling awkward with each other.

Once they got outside the school, Yuri helped Miki whenever she almost stumbled. They went inside the pharmacy and they looked for the medicines Junnosuke-sensei asked Miki to buy.

“C-Chinen? Is that you?” a hoarse, old voice called up to them. It was from an old man with gray beard and hair covering his head. Yuri’s complexion changed to ashen white.

 

“J-Johnny-san!?! What on earth are you doing here?!” Yuri asked, terrified.

The old man looked furious at him.

 

“I should be asking you the same thing, young man! What is a girl doing with you?!” He demanded.

 

“A-Ah! J-Johnny-san! He’s my.. She’s my.. n-no! I mean..” Yuri stammered.

Miki suddenly spoke. Her voice was different. It was a coarse voice of a younger male. She sounded like a boy undergoing puberty.

“Chinen-kun..” Miki muttered. Johnny Kitagawa looked at her with confusion.

 

“U-um.. Yes! This girl! Er, Guy! Is a cross dressing friend of mine from Aomori! Eheheh.. We just met again yesterday! So I told him to dance with me! Eheeee..” Yuri tried to act innocent.

 

Johnny Kitagawa nodded and tweaked his glasses, observing.

“Hmmm.. Naru hodo! Carry on, then! I love young people...” He muttered, and went on his way.

Yuri sighed in relief.

“Miki-chan, it seems that your strep throat is worsening..” Yuri looked at her with concern. They bought the medicine and Yuri quickly guided her home.

However, Yuri didn’t bring her home directly. He quickly brought her to the nearest hospital in Shibuyakuni. Miki was surprised, but since she was so weak, she had no choice but to comply.

 ~~~~~

The two waited in the Emergency room’s lobby.

Miki was taking a short nap while they were waiting. Yuri was fidgeting with his phone. He began to notice more and more girls walking towards him. The girls were giggling, and taking pictures of him.

“Oh dear.. I forgot to put on my shades..” Yuri muttered, waking Miki up.

The two tried to walk away. Miki was groggily walking with him, but staggered back once Yuri ran quickly. The girls were following him with the same speed. Yuri grabbed Miki’s hand and raised it up threateningly.

 

“I’ve got a girlfriend and I know how to use it!” He frantically shouted. The girls continued to chase him.

 

“Nice try, Chii! But Johnny already clarified that the Blondie is a ‘he’, and not a ‘she’!” one fan girl shoved her tablet. On it’s screen was Johnny Kitagawa’s official twitter.

 

Yuri dragged Miki along until the fan girls were no more to be seen. Poor Miki was staggering and coughing. They went back into school.

Fortunately for the two, Junnosuke-sensei was still in his clinic. Shori and Marius were there too, playing with syringes.

 

“Ah. It’s nee-san..” Shori noticed the two of them.

 

“Chinen-senpai!” Marius exclaimed weakly.

 

“Oh! You two! What on earth are you kids still doing here?” Yuri asked them.

“Ummm... helping Dr. Junnosuke!” Shori smiled. Junnosuke-sensei shot them a look. The two innocently smiled.

 

Yuri noticed Miki shivering and going bright red.

“Junnosuke-sensei.. She badly needs help. I couldn’t get her home since there were still.. Umm.. Fan girls chasing me a while ago..” Yuri told Junnosuke-sensei. The nurse motioned him to place Miki on the bed.

“Oh dear. Well, it’s better to contact her parents... Kusakabe-san, do you have a phone?” Junnosuke-sensei asked Miki. Miki didn’t reply, and instead grabbed her phone from her pocket and dialled her father’s number.

 

“..Hello?” her father, Takato, answered the phone.

 

“Ah. Kusakabe residence, I suppose? This is Shibuya District Private Academy’s infirmary calling. Your daughter is very ill. I’d like to request you to pick her up.” Junnosuke-sensei kindly told over the phone. The father agreed and hung up.

Miki was groaning and tossed and the bed. Her temperature rose and had two blankets covering her body.

“Chinen-senpai.. Is Nee-san going to be alright?” Shori asked.

“Hey. Stop acting concerned. You too, Marius. You better walk home now..” Junnosuke-sensei ordered.

 

“You promised us ice cream.. “ Marius told him. Junnosuke-sensei only sighed. Yuri checked his watch.

It was already beginning to darken when Miki’s father arrived. Yuri helped him carry Miki to the car. Junnosuke-sensei and the two children left. Kusakabe Takato offered Yuri a ride home, since it was already dark. Yuri agreed. He felt Miki’s warmth. The girl however, was too weak to speak.

~to be continued...