Hedgehog's Dilemma

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP Project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

©Kuroneko-Burijio                                                                                    

Disclaimer: We do not own Johnny & Associates or Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 23: Hedgehog’s Dilemma

Miki woke up, finding herself with a straining pain on the stomach and lying down on the clinic bed. Grasping her stained uniform, she sighed in exhaustion. Junnosuke-sensei opened the curtain for her and gave her a small smile.

“You’re finally awake, Kusakabe-san. Everyone was worried.” He said, pointing to the flowers next to her bed.

Miki gave a closer look and saw that the bouquet of flowers were from Himeko and Yuto.

“Himeko-san… Nakajima-kun…” Miki muttered.

Ryosuke kissing her, Yuri enraged, fountain pen..

Fountain pen… Stabbing her.

Did Yuri stab her?

Miki felt a lone teardrop falling from her eye.

===

Ryosuke was drinking a can of coffee by himself on the school balcony when Yuma interrupted his silence.

“Do you know what you’ve done? You’ve caused quite a ruckus there.” Yuma crossed his arms with a concerned, or rather angry look.

Ryosuke smirked at his remark and turned to him.

“What? It was nothing. Looks like I really boiled the crap out of Miki’s boyfriend, eh?” He giggled, unconcerned. Yuma walked towards him and punched him right in the face.

“I’ve had enough of your bull ego, Ryosuke.” He spat and stared at the other boy. The poker face didn’t look up, but adjusted his glasses.

“ You’re destroying yourself. And Kana would be ashamed of you.” Yuma calmly told him and left. Ryosuke, looking up, pulled himself together and wiped the blood from his mouth.

“Damn guy’s actually strong.”

Yuri was sitting alone in the park whilst in a bad state of mind. Hiding by the tree where he used to play as a child, he stared at the fountain pen that stabbed Miki earlier.

With so much twisted anger with himself, he snapped the pen into two, its sharp pieces piercing his palms. He let them bleed and he cried to himself.

“..............…” He muttered and gasped to himself as he clutched his head.

“I’m really messed up... Miki, Help me… Help me…” Yuri cried out quietly.

====

“I’m afraid of everyone…”

Miki stared at the familiar ceiling as she spaced out on her room. The wound by her side still hurt like hell, but she didn’t care anymore.

“I just keep hurting everyone… I’m useless and things would be better if I was alone.” Miki sighed quietly and stared at the fluorescent light by the ceiling.

She began to reminisce the fast days after a few month’s stay in Shibuya. Meeting with the person she’s in love with, making friends, befriending a person who tried to hurt her but actually turned out to be in love with her. It was just too much for her to bear painful things. The fear of losing them by being with them. She was a burden. Nothing but a burden to all of them.

“I can’t keep doing this. I feel like a hedgehog, hurting all of them as I get close to them.. Why did I have to be like this? Why can’t I be those girls in class who are good with dealing problems, not an introvert like me…” Miki thought to herself, the empty feeling surging her as though it was just a normal thing.

What was happy, now was sad. I’ll never love again! My world is ending…

“I.. wonder what will happen if I never did meet all of them? If my life stayed the same?”

======

In the crossing lane leading to Shibuya’s central park, people were scurrying and rushing just to get to the lane and loiter around the park. A typical afternoon.

Yuri’s eyes were etched with guilt as they went sore and his lids went drooping, earphones volume into full blast covering his ears. As he listened to the music on his phone, every other noise went dead.

It all returns to nothing..

It all comes tumbling down…

Tumbling down…

Tumbling down…

The signal went green and everyone went to walk. The boy slowly walked in a lazy pace, a truck went unnoticed. Yuri turned to his side, and the red light stopped him into further walking. The truck tried to stop, and the driver kept telling him to hurry up.

I just keep letting me down…

Letting me down…

Letting me down…

A sickening thud was heard across the pedestrian road while all the bystanders stared in horror as blood stained the hard concrete pavement.

“Oh my God! The boy was hit!”

“Call the ambulance! Hurry!”

“ Shibuya District Police! Set up a perimeter! The boy’s losing blood!”

Yuri stared at the dilemma the people were causing as they ran frantically about. The boy stared at his own pool of blood as he let himself lie awake, vision slowly blurring.

~to be continued