Dancing in the moonlight

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

 

Shoujo JUMP Project

Kawaii Kimi no Koto da Mono!

Kuroneko

Disclaimer: we do not own Johnny & Associates, and Hey! Say! JUMP. All events are entirely fictional.

Chapter 21: Dancing in the moonlight

Miki and Maria sighed as they finished the musical piece and had people applauding at them. Maria was about to go to the backstage when Kei suddenly went up to them, giving them both a bouquet of flowers.

“You two are amazing.” He smiled at them. However, Maria looked flustered since Miki was given  cattleyas,

 

she was given a bouquet of red roses.

 

“Th-Thank you, senpai...” Maria bowed and went backstage. Miki and Kei followed her.

====

“Momoko-senpai gave me my dress already! She’s so awesome!” Miki looked at the dress her upperclassman gave her. Yana and Himeko arrived at the changing room near the stage, and Maria was just taking out her dress. All of a sudden, a soft knock was heard.

“Hey! If that’s a boy, get him out! I’m changin’ in here!” Himeko loudly commented and requested. Maria opened the door cautiously.

“K-Kei-senpai?” Maria blushed when she saw Kei already wearing his tuxedo. He handed her a bag with a blue coloured fabric.

 

“It’s for your promenade, Fujiwara-san. I bought it from Tsuganaga-san yesterday.” Kei smiled and left. Maria thanked him silently and closed the door.

“Kei-senpai bought this... For me? I thought the dress was for Natsuyaki-senpai...” Maria leaned on the door and opened the bag, revealing a dark blue dress.

“Hora! That’s from Inoo-senpai, yes??” Yana asked her. Maria blushed again at her comment, and nodded.

===

Miki, Maria, Himeko and Yana went to their separate ways as each of them went looking for their special someone. Maria was going to thank Kei, Himeko was looking for Ryutaro, and Yana was going to sit with her cousin, Keito.

Miki went looking for someone until she stopped walking.

“Oh yeah... Yurikkun isn’t around.....” Miki realized and sighed to herself as she headed back to her friend’s table. From afar, she could see Maria and Kei dancing together as the song Fly me to the moon went on.

 

The girl felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Ryosuke in his tuxedo.

“R-Ryosuke-kun?” She managed to say. Ryosuke smiled and motioned her to dance with him. Miki looked uncomfortable and looked at both sides, embarrassed.

 

“What? M-me? Dance?” Miki hesitated, but to no avail when Ryosuke swept her to the dance floor, where awkward, yet beautiful music was being played. Miki looked at Ryosuke and smiled.

 

“That felt any better?” He asked her. Miki never heard Ryosuke say such kind words to her, and this made her look at him straight in the eye.

 

“Yes... I guess I feel much better now. Thank you, Ryosuke-kun.” She gratefully bowed lightly as they danced to the music.

Fly me to the moon, let me swing among the stars~

Let me see what spring’s like

On Jupiter and Mars~

In other words, hold my hand...

“Umm, Ryosuke-kun?” Miki lifted up her head and looked at her partner.

 

“Hmm?” Ryosuke asked her. Miki felt flustered so suddenly, she forgot what she was supposed to ask. She could feel Ryosuke chuckling as he placed her arms on his neck, like they were very... intimate?

In other words, baby kiss me...

“Wow, bakausagi. I never thought you would dress up like this.” Ryosuke . Miki flustered and frowned at his comment, but they went into dancing again.

Fill my heart with song,

And let me sing forever more~

“T-This is a little embarrassing...” Miki admitted as she laughed quietly, but nervously.

You are all I long for,

All I worship and adore~

“Shhh... It’s alright. Just keep dancing.” He requested. Miki followed him, and her nervousness slowly faded away.

In other words, please be true~

“It’s... Strange... Why is Ryosuke looking at me like that? I’ve never seen him do so... And his hands... It makes me feel like he doesn’t want to let go...” Miki wondered to herself as she continued to look at Ryosuke’s face.

 

In other words...

“Could it be?” Miki’s eyes went wide.

I love you~

“That Ryosuke-kun’s in love with me?!” Miki realized, and then the music halted.

 

====

“Hmn... My date was supposed to be here hours ago... Where the hell is Koharu?!” Daiki bit his lips and looked at his watch. Yuuya and Hikaru tried to comfort him, but Daiki was already covered with a disturbing aura. Keito sighed at his upperclassman when he suddenly noticed Miki and Ryosuke together.

“Oh? What’s cooking?” Keito wondered at the two.

“Yeah! I thought Miki was dating Chii?” Daiki lifted his mood and also looked at Miki and Ryosuke dancing together.

“Silly. Chii’s not here. Poor girl, she must be lonely... Wait, isn’t that OUR newbie?!” Yuuya pointed out and gasped when he saw Ryosuke holding Miki.

“Weird, eh? I think our Chii has a rival... “ Hikaru bit his lips nervously as he looked at Daiki. From afar, Himeko was dancing with Ryutaro

, Kei was with Maria, and Yuto was dancing with Kumai Yurina.

 

Keito looked at them and wondered where Yana was, then went back into looking at Miki and Ryosuke.

~to be continued.