Chapter 4 - Figuring Out

Prescription For Love

“Jonghyun!”

Jonghyun who just waiting for the elevator, turned around and found Yoona is walking towards him. “Oh, annyeong. You’ve worked hard.”

“You’ve worked hard too.” Yoona replied the greeting and smiled. “Going home?”

Jonghyun nodded. “You too?”

Yoona nodded and stared at Jonghyun. “Your facial expression doesn’t look that good. Did something bad happen?”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, looks a bit surprised. “How did you know??”

“Because this is the first time I saw you’re in bad mood. Although you’re so rare to show any expression, but this time I know that you’re not in good mood. Something bothered you lately?”

Jonghyun was silent for a moment, until they finally entered the elevator together. He let out a heavy sigh and finally spoke, right at the moment when elevator arrived at the parking area. “Can you drink, Yoona?”

Yoona raised her eyebrows upon hearing Jonghyun’s question. “Pardon me, Jonghyun?”

“I’m asking if you can drink or not…”

Yoona chuckled when Jonghyun repeated his question. “That’s why I said, ‘pardon me’?” she stared at him with disbelief expression. “You’re asking a 26 years old woman if she can drink or not, for God’s sake, Jonghyun. Of course I am! Or I could say, a very good one.”

“Mind to have a little, Yoona?”

“Sure.”

 

 

 

Jonghyun parked his car at the basement of Diamond Club, with Yoona’s car followed after him. It was Jonghyun who summoned that they should drink there. Actually this is not the first time for Yoona to come to Diamond Club. But since this place is well known as a very high class club and not all people can get access to enter that club, even if the person is rich, because they only accepted the ‘very-rich’ people to enter. Very-rich means that you’re a chaebol or something like that.

“May I know your name, sir?” the staff asked them when they were in entrance.

“Jonghyun, Lee.” Jonghyun said while showing his ID to the staff. It only took a few seconds when the staff looks a bit surprised when he checked the database. He then approached Jonghyun and Yoona again and bowed politely. “Welcome to Diamond Club. It’s an honor for us. We’ve already booked the table. Please follow me.”

Yoona frowned with the strange treatment that just happened in front of her eyes. They even didn’t ask for my name! While I remembered very very clearly the policy in this club! If we came to this club in a group or even only with someone else, all of the people must be in their member list. If not, we’re not allowed to enter. But what the hell is going on here? They even didn’t ask my name and yet they treated Jonghyun a bit different… uhm, what is the right words to describe it? It’s like… more respectful than usual… but still she followed the staff which guided them to a private bar which Yoona never been there before. As she knows, it’s a very restricted area for regular and VIP guests, which means only a VVIP guests can use those private bars. As I said before that this is kind of high class club, so every guests—even the regular one—already have their own privacy. So when I say ‘private bars’, it really means a very private one. Wow… I wonder how could he’s a VVIP guest. I mean, usually the VVIP guests is some CEOs of big corps. A doctor like us usually ended up as VIP guest only.

“Give me Glenlivet 25.” Jonghyun ordered as soon as they finally sat down. He then turned to Yoona. “Yoona?”

“Crystal Head.”

Jonghyun turned his head to Yoona in surprise. “Are you seriously choosing vodka?”

Yoona chuckled. “Why? You ordered the heavy one, so I think it won’t be fun if I ordered something like any cute cocktail or else…”

“Can you handle it?” Jonghyun still looks surprised. “I mean… you don’t have to force yourself by ordering the same kind… I feel guilty.”

“Hey, believe me, I won’t order something that I can’t handle.” Yoona elbowed him while still chuckling, and it’s enough to make Jonghyun calmed. “By the way, I’m curious on something.”

“What is it?” Jonghyun started to pour his drink.

“Is your salary in NY is much bigger than in Seoul?”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows after he sipped his drink. “Excuse me, Yoona? What’s your intention of asking salary, although I don’t mind it, but why it’s so out of blue?”

Yoona grimaced as she took a sip of her vodka. “It’s not out of blue. Honestly, I know it’s your privacy, please forgive me for my stupid question but I’m very curious by the way the staff here treated you and tta-raa! You’re one of VVIP member, which I know even our seniors in hospital who already earned that much only stuck in VIP grade.”

Jonghyun chuckled as he heard the reason. “Let’s just say that I’m lucky?” he tilted his head and smile. “And to answer your question, there’s no significant difference between my salary before and right now.”

Yoona smiled a little as she recognized that Jonghyun avoided to answer her question about the reason why he’s one of those VVIP guests. Well, he has the right to keep his privacy from the others. “By the way, you said that your father is a surgeon too, Yoona.” This time Jonghyun brought the new topic. “Is he still on duty right now?”

“Yes.” Yoona nodded. So after all this time, he still didn’t know who my father is… she thought as she slightly feels happy.

“Which hospital?”

“’The same with us, Jonghyun. Hanhwa.” Yoona answered with nice smile, holding her big grin.

“Hanhwa?” Jonghyun frowned. “General surgeon in Hanhwa? Who?”

Yoona grinned while put down her shot glass. “My father’s name is Im Hee Sung, Jonghyun.”

Holy crap!” Jonghyun automatically responded as he really didn’t expect that name, he even almost spilled his drink. “Ah, forgive me, Yoona. Old habits die hard.” He said, referencing to his first response.”I don’t mean to let out that stupid words for your fath—I mean our Director—it was the response of my surprise feeling.” He added in a hurry. Fortunately Yoona just found it amusing.

“Hey, relax. That’s your common language back there. Don’t apologize,” Yoona chuckled.

“How could you never tell me before?”

“Tell you what? That our Director is my father?” Yoona asked back and saw Jonghyun gave her a nod. “Well… it’s not something to blabber about, Jonghyun.”

“I guess I should apologize, Im Yoona...”

“Why?”

“The day when I impolitely rejected your offer to dinner in your parent’s house...” Jonghyun muttered.

“Hey,” Yoona elbowed him while smiling. “Honestly I like the fact that you didnt know about my father until now...”

“I beg your pardon, Im Yoona?”

“Well... you know, people usually treated me differently if they already knew my father since beginning. And honestly, I dont like it. I mean, I just want them to act naturally and dont be burdened with my father...” Yoona muttered. “That’s why it’s kinda surprising me when I noticed that you still didnt know my father.” She turned at Jonghyun. “Then, will your act towards me change drastically after this?”

Jonghyun stared at Yoona for a while. “I won’t.”

“You won’t? And what’s with the two sudden apologizes before?”

Jonghyun took another sip of his Glenlivet. “It’s called expressing my surprise feeling.” He defended himself jokingly. “You don’t have to worry about it, Yoona. I won’t change at all, or maybe one…”

“What is it?” Yoona narrowed her eyes, feeling suspicious.

“I won’t dare to decline if you invited me to your parent’s house next time.” Jonghyun said while smiling. “As if you want to invite me again…” he chuckling over realizing his stupid words.

“I will.” Yoona smiled widely. “Honestly my mom is very loud asking me to invite you again since I told her that you drove me that night.”

Jonghyun smiled as he ringing the bell to call the bartender and raised his glass. “One more, please.”

“You really can drink.” Yoona commented as Jonghyun took another shot. “Something must bothered you… so much.” She muttered. “Oh pardon, I don’t have any intention to dig onto your privacy…” she apologized in a hurry as she looked the sudden change expression of Jonghyun.

“Never mind, Yoona.” Jonghyun shook his head as he spoke with his husky voice. “Actually that’s true.”

Actually I want to ask ‘what happened’ but I don’t think that’s a good idea to interrupt his own privacy. Beside, he needs a drinking partner, that’s what my role right now. Yoona thought as she took a shot of her drink. I don’t know why but I think tonight will be a very long night. I should keep myself not to get drunk so early. She kept silent as she noticed Jonghyun seems busy in his own mind.

Actually Yoona was right. Right now Jonghyun was flashing back into this afternoon. When he met Daniel and Tiffany.

 

“You can marry Tiff, John.”

That words really snapped him. He stared at Daniel with unreadable expression. “I beg your pardon, Daniel?” he asked sarcastically.

“You heard me, John.”

“And aren’t you ing heard me before I left you two?” Jonghyun asked back with cold voice. “I won’t ever marry her…”

“Jonghyun!” Tiffany cut his words. “Don’t lie to yourself!”

“You go with your own thought. I’ll go with mine.” Jonghyun replied coldly. “Seriously guys? You both flew from NY just to tell me this kind of thing?”

”Because we’re ing serious, John.” Daniel blurted out. “I know you two still love each other, John. Although you may still keeping your sa—“

“Aren’t we so clear already about this?” He cut Daniels’s words coldly. “I never loved her. And gosh, do you even have a heart at least, Tiffany? After you couldn’t get the one then you’ll catch the other one??” he narrowed his eyes.

“John!” Daniel sighed. “Don’t lie to yourself John. I know your happiness is still on Tiff.”

Jonghyun sipped his coffee until the glass is empty. “Didn’t I already tell you clearly guys? I don’t have any interest of her.” He gave a devilish smirk as his words snapped Daniel and Tiffany. “Now, excuse me, I need to work right now. Let’s just agree not to meet anymore.”

 

 

People said men always have their ego. So high. Just like their pride. For Jonghyun, it’s true. If it’s not because of his pride and his ego, he had to admit that deep in his heart, he feels so hurt.

He took another shot again as he feels his head started to become heavy. He then turned to Yoona and stared at her. Truthfully, he’s a very introvert person. He doesn’t like to share his privacy with other people, he likes to hide his problem. But this time, for the first time, he wanted to tell the woman beside her although he didn’t know why suddenly he felt like that. “Yoona…”

“Hm?”

“Do you want to hear a stupid story?”

Yoona raised her eyebrows as her eyes sparkled with curiosity. “I’m listening, Jonghyun.”

And it started. All the things that he keep it for himself, the feeling, the anger, he finally blurted it out. For the very first time.


* * *

 

“Thank you very much.” Yoona said as they arrived at Jonghyun’s apartment. A bit dizzy, she took some cash from her purse and handed to the staff which just drove them and even helped to dragged Jonghyun until there.

“Thank you very much, Miss.” That staff bowed thankfully. “We’ll make sure your car is here before 8 in the morning.” He said as he handed Jonghyun’s car key and bowed.

“Sure, thank you.” Yoona said as she walked him out and closed the door before turned to Jonghyun who was lying on the bed. Half-drunk-half-sober. And it deserves a standing ovation. Because for God’s sake, he almost emptied a bottle of Glenlivet by himself, and he’s still—managed to get a little sober. Meanwhile Yoona only took a few shot of the vodka and she’s a bit drunk already. That’s why the staff is the one who drive them home—and it’s one of VVIP privilege. And not to mention that she ended up in Jonghyun’s apartment because they had to send off Jonghyun first, due to his condition. And it means, Yoona’s car is still at Diamond Club’s basement, which will be send to her in the morning.

“Can I borrow your car?” Yoona asked, trying to overcome her dizziness because of the strong vodka. “I need to go home.”

“Stay.” Jonghyun murmured in his half-conscious state.

Yoona chuckled strangely, which clearly because of alcohol effect. “No way, Doctor Lee. I’m going home.”

Jonghyun suddenly grabbed Yoona’s wrist and pulled her until she lost her balance and ended up on lying beside him. “Let’s just sleep, Yoona.” He huskily whispered with closed-eyes.

Yoona wanted to release from his grip but her body couldn’t cooperative under the alcohol. Yet she started to feel tired and sleepy. Jonghyun pulled Yoona closer to him and wrapped his muscular arm around her body, giving her a very warm feeling. And that’s the last thing Yoona remembered before she fell asleep.

 

* * *

 

Yoona slowly regained back to the real world as she slowly heard her phone is ringing. She squinted and with her half-closed-eyes, she searched for the source of sound and as she founded it, she hit the answer button on the touch screen. “Speaking.”

“Hello…” there was a silence before the voice is back. “Who is this?” the man over the phone asked.

“Yoona,” she answered carelessly, still didn’t gather her brain completely.

“I’m sorry, Yoona-ssi. Did I dial the wrong number? Because I believe this is Jonghyun’s number.”

It took a few seconds until the words finally made their way successfully into her brain. And the next second, her eyes widened and looked at the phone screen with shocked expression. Oh God! This is not my phone!!! Why I answer the call???? Why it has the similar ringtone with my phone????? She panicky thought.

“Hello, Yoona-ssi?” the man over the phone spoke again, made her get more panic. “Are you still there?”

“Uhm… I’m sorry…” Yoona started to speak, biting her lips and grimaced. “This is Jonghyun’s phone. I’m sorry I think it was my phone so I answered it without hesitation…” she stuttered.

“So I guess you’re with Jonghyun right now, Yoona-ssi?” that guy’s tone of voice changed into a more relax.

“No! Yes! Ugh I mean I think so…” she really has nothing to say.

“Is he still sleeping?”

“Y—yes…” she hesitantly answered. God, I’m so screwed…

“Well okay then I’ll call him later.” That guy finally spoke again. “Well, nice to meet you over the phone, Yoona-ssi. I’m Yonghwa, Jung Yonghwa. Please tell him later that I’ve called him.”

“Y—yes, Jung Yonghwa-ssi…”

Click. The call has ended.

And so her life.

Or that’s what she thought.

She threw the phone away from her and started to focus with her surroundings. The first thing that she checked is her clothes. She let out a relief sigh as she found that both of them are completely dressed with their last night’s attires. Then she realized that right now she might be in Jonghyun’s bed room. As she remembered, the staff drove them until here. She took a glance at Jonghyun who was still sleeping soundly beside her as her cheeks started to blush. We spent the entire night by sleeping and cuddling into each other? What the…

Jonghyun’s soft groan suddenly startled her. She watched him started to open his eyes slowly and took for a few seconds until his gaze meets her.

One…

Two…

Three…

Four…

Five… Okay, earth calling you, Jonghyun! Yoona started to get impatient.

“Oh!” Jonghyun finally gathered back his sense and got up in a hurry. His voice is very husky. Yet Yoona found it sounds so y at the same time. “Good… morning?” he greeted her cluelessly.

“Out all of the things that you can say, how could you pick ‘good morning’ as your first encounter, Doctor Lee?” she asked with her poker face although she found it funny.

Jonghyun’s hand ran through his messy hair. And that’s the first time Yoona saw her in that hair, his bangs were all down, not to mention that he’s so goddamn good looking although he just woke up like this. Crap! Why I sound like a naughty woman. She thought.

“Well… seeing you sat beside me with calm face can I suggest that you’re not angry towards me? Or do you?”

Yoona frowned. “You sleep next to me, Doctor Lee. I’m sorry but I’m not that kind of girl who can easily slept with a guy…”

“Apologize.” Jonghyun grimaced. “I think I left my brain at the club last night. I’m sorry, Yoona. I mean it. I don’t have any intention… I really—“

“Accepted.” Yoona snapped.

“What?”

“Aplogize accepted.” Yoona repeated her words. Well it doesn’t mean that I can easily let off this kind of thing but seeing him apologize sincerely and to mention that nothing happened between us except literally sleeping, I don’t have any right to angry.

Jonghyun blinked his eyes and stared at Yoona with his deep brown eyes. “Really?”

“Really.” Yoona nodded and finally can’t hold her grin anymore. “Oh c’mon Jonghyun. Don’t be too serious.”

“Hey, are you toying me, Yoona?” Jonghyun frowned.

“No,” Yoona shook her head while chuckling. “But I’m not angry at all. Although for the thing that ‘I didn’t sleep easily with a guy’ is the truth.”

Jonghyun let out a relief sigh. “Thank God! And I understand, Yoona. I won’t ever look at you that low.” He gave her a reassuring smile. “By the way, sorry, I should be the one who drive you home last night.”

“With your last night condition? You even couldn’t walk properly, Jonghyun.” Yoona shook her head. “Uhm, excuse me, but do you have a spare toothbrush? I feel uneasy talking with you like this. You might dead because of my bad breathe…”

Jonghyun laughed as she heard Yoona’s words. “No, I don’t. I just used the last one yesterday. Don’t you bring your spare?” he asked. Because he knew that any doctors usually always had that kind of spare in their car, referring how frequently they sleep at hospital.

“Ah, right.” Yoona glanced at the clock. 10 am. Fortunately it’s Sunday so she didn’t have to come to hospital. “My car must be here already.”

“I can help you to take it. Where’s your key?” Jonghyun offered mannerly as he knew that girls usually don’t have any confidence to go outside before they took a shower.

“Should be at receptionist.”

“Okay. I’ll handle it. Take your time.” Jonghyun smiled and went out from his apartment.

After Jonghyun left, Yoona decided to look around while waiting for him. She turned her gazed to the entire large and spacious bed room which she is there right now. The bedroom is so masculine yet so simply. The wall is blue and white colored with full of glass wall at one side that covered with a navy curtain which has a nice view from the 42th floor. She noticed there are two other doors there and she can guess what’s behind the door. Those must be the bathroom and his changing room since she didn’t see any closet there yet.

She noticed that there are not so many things in Jonghyun’s room. It’s so simple, very resembled his character. She took a deep breath and inhaling a masculine and citrus scent which is so similar with his scent. As she looked around, something caught her eyes. It’s a small frame on his end table. A picture of Jonghyun, maybe around his high school days. But what make Yoona gasped is because there are two figures of him who standing next to each other while laughing. Seems like a candid one. Yoona stared silently at the picture, realizing that the picture is real. It’s not photoshopped or something like that.

Then it means… he has a twin????

 

 

 


 

hello ^^

I make an update a bit faster this time.

hopefully it can satisfy you guys ^^

thank you so much for your comments and supports^^

see ya next chapter.