Chapter 16 - After the Little Storm

Prescription For Love

Im Yoona : I’m going home first.

Jonghyun sighed as he read the chat which just received since an hour ago. He then stared through the window and saw how crowded the road at night. As he promised to his residents, he’s the one who will be on duty, that’s why he’s alone right now in his department. But that’s what he’s looking for. He was tired for a whole day, mentally. Although he pretended to ignore the attentions, but it still bothered him a lot. Some doctors in higher position even already treated him differently. And that’s the most burdened thing that he feels.

“Jong, are you inside?” A voice suddenly heard from outside his office room followed with a knock.

“Come in.” Jonghyun put his phone back to the table and turned around. “I thought you already went home.” He commented as he saw Yonghwa entered his room.

“Soon.” Yonghwa answered while sitting on the chair in front of Jonghyun. “Are you staying overnight?”

“Yes. I’m on duty.”

“Have you… visit samchon…?” Yonghwa carefully asked.

Jonghyun sighed. “There are so many capable doctors already in charge for him.”

“Arasseo.” Yonghwa nodded in understand. “I’ve told Doctor Im about you..”

“Everything?”

“Depends on what kind of ‘everything’ that you mean…” Yonghwa simply said. “I feel very sorry towards her. If I were her, I must absolutely disappointed with you.”

“I know…” Jonghyun muttered. “There’s nothing I can do about that. I just hope that she won’t leave me.”

Yonghwa stared at Jonghyun for a while, trying to read his expression. “Do you expect her to stay with you?”

“I don’t expect, hyung. I do hope.”

“If you’re hoping her to stay beside you… How about trying to fall in love with her?”

Jonghyun, who was looking away, swifted his gaze towards Yonghwa, demanded an explanation.

“No one knows you better than me, dongsaeng.” Yonghwa spoke again. “I know you’re still afraid to be ‘alive’ again. You know that ‘love’ is the thing that makes you can ‘live’ again, that’s why you’re afraid… but, if it’s for that woman, don’t you want to try it? Or… are you more afraid to be alive rather than losing her?” he straed directly to Jonghyun, who turned silent. “Think about it. She’s not someone that I’ve known for a long time. But, I do like her already. Do you know why? Because after you met her, you’ve changed a lot... in a good way... and I dont want to lose that sight again.” He finished his words and stood up. “Please consider about that...” He patted Jonghyun’s shoulder. “I’m leaving first.”

Jonghyun just nodded quietly and watched Yonghwa left his room. He leaned on the chair and looked at the ceiling. Consider to fall in love? It doesn’t mean I never had any thought about that, hyung. I dont know when it started but... I’m just afraid. I know I’m such a coward, but that’s the truth. I’m afraid to be in love, to love and being loved. How if she betrayed me like the others—my parents... Jaehyun... Tiffany... all of them, how if she will do the same? She’s my strength right now, hyung. I’m too scared to lose her...

 

* * *

“Here. Cure your hangover first.”

“I’m okay. Do you think I’ll dare to show up in hospital when I’m still under alcohol?” Yoona said although she kept reached the yoghurt that Yuri offered her. “I didn’t drink that much last night...”

“Yeah...” Yuri rolled her eyes. “Just five bottles of soju for both of us.” She smirked since she was the one who accompanying Yoona last night to have a drink together. “I thought that you were going to Diamond Club last night...”

“No.” Yoona shook her head in a hurry. “I dont wanna go there for now... It reminds me of something...”

“Jonghyun again? Because of his VVIP labeled?” Yuri raised her eyebrows. “Aigoo... now you’re starting avoid him and anything related to him?”

“Anii...” Yoona shook her head once again. “I just need a time to accept all those facts...”

“Suddenly I’m curious, Yoong. If he’s the only one inheritor of Lee Family, then why he ended up as a surgeon? Not as a Director, or something like that, in Lee Enterprise?”

He wanted to... if only he’s living his own dream, not Jaehyun’s dream... Yoona thought to herself but she just gave Yuri a clueless smile. “I dont know. Maybe their family let him to pursue his dream as a doctor...”

“Hmm... such a nice family...” Yuri commented innocently while taking a sip of her coffee. “Did you meet him already today?”

“Not yet. Beside, our CEO’s surgery will start in 9 AM. I dont want to disturb him right now.”

Yuri stared at Yoona for a moment. “Then it means you haven’t meet his family also?”

“What??” Yoona was a bit startled with Yuri’s question. “Why I should meet CEO and Madam Lee?”

Yuri rolled her eyes. “Because you are their son’s girlfriend, Im Yoona...”

“No. No. I mean, yes I am his girlfriend. But meeting with his parents...” Yoona grimaced. “You know it’s kinda too early...”

“Well... are you just playing around with him? If not, then there’s no words such as ‘too early’ to meet his family.” Yuri smiled. “Maybe after our CEO has fully recovered. You have to be prepare... anytime...”

“Maldo andwae...” Yoona muttered.

 

 

 

“Master Lee has summoned you, Young Master.”

Jonghyun sighed frustratingly. “Can’t he wait for three hours? Soon, he will see me in Operating Room.” He muttered but still stood up, leaving the files that he just read on his table, and followed Secretary Han—his dad’s secretary—from his office room to VVIP Intensive Care room in upper floor. Since yesterday, he was being called almost five times but he always refused it. Right now, he’s too tired to ignore it anymore.

“Good morning, Young Master.”

Jonghyun was a bit irritated when he heard the greetings from the bodyguards and staffs who were in charge for his Dad’s safety, especially because the nurses-in-charge also followed the way his Dad’s staffs treated him. “Tell them to address me normally next time.” He said to Secretary Han while keep walking through the corridor. “This is Hanhwa Hospital and I’m not their Young Master.”

“I’ll tell them, Young Master. But for your second request, you are their Young Master. That fact can’t be denied.”

Jonghyun choose not to respond his words. He watched as Secretary Han entered the Intensive Care first.

“Master Lee, Young Master is here.”

Jonghyun took a deep breathe before he entered the room. To be honest, it’s been almost a year that he didn’t see his parents directly. But no matter how many years the accident has passed, the situation with his parents would never change.

The first person that his eyes met as soon as he entered the room is his Mom, which was standing beside the couch. While his Dad is on the be, while his upper is leaning on the wall behind the bed. Staring at him also. “Good morning.” He greeted formally, as he stepped aside to make a way for Secretary Han to leave the room. “May I ask what’s the matter of calling me?” he asked again formally—more like in cold voice as he stared directly to his Dad.

“Didn’t you want to check my condition first?” His Dad asked.

“I’m not the doctors-in-charge. I’m just in charge for assisting in the surgery later.” Jonghyun said while sitting on the couch. “Why I have to do it when the other doctors did it frequently?”

“You’ve been in Korea for almost five months already. Why you never showed up at house?” his Dad continued to ask.

“Never showed up at shareholder meeting, is that what you meant, CEO Lee?” Jonghyun said in bored tone. “What’s the big matter if I didnt show up? It won’t affect the company, either.”

“It will.”

“My name is not in the list of BoD, CEO Lee. As far as I remembered, I am a surgeon in Hanhwa Hospital. That’s it.”

“Don’t you want to be prepared?”

Jonghyun exhaled loudly as he stood up. “I’m not in mood for talking about this kind of thing. And I think CEO Lee is the same. You’ll be in operating room soon. You should just have a rest before it started. Excuse me.” He fixed his white coat and walked towards the door. But before he opened the door, his Mom’s voice suddenly heard.

“Yonghwa said... that your girlfriend is in Hanhwa, Jonghyun. Can I—“

Jonghyun froze in his spot for a moment—he was a bit shocked with his Mom’s sudden question. He turned his head as his expression turned cold. “I can have a girlfriend, can’t I? Why? It’s prohibited, too?”

“No...” his Mom looks a bit hesitated—while his Dad looks a bit suprrised, seems like he also just now about that fact. “I’m just curious to see her... Yonghwa said that she is a good person.”

“I know I don’t deserve it, but a bad person like me also need a good person like her. And I don’t see any reasons for other people to meet her because of me.” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows as he saw his Mom was speechless upon hearing his words.

“Lee Jonghyun, show some manners towards your mother.” Lee Jun Ha spoke again with warned voice although he didn’t raise his voice.

“Excuse me, CEO Lee, and Madam Lee.” Jonghyun bowed and turned around, left the room. He knew if he stayed there a little longer, he might lost his patience. He barely to enter the elevator and pressed random number without realizing it since his feeling is so... mixed right now. He was too busy to hold his emotion until someone in the elevator asked him.

“Doctor Lee, aren’t you coming out?”

Jonghyun was a bit startled as he realized that they’re already arrived at the Ground floor. “Ah yes. Sorry, I lost focus.” He grimaced towards that resident and went out from the elevator. He walked through the corridor as his mind is totally not working because of too much emotions inside. Until someone’s voice snapped him.

“Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun turned around and saw Yoona is approaching her. He watched as Yoona’s expression has changed when she’s getting closer.

“Something happened?” Yoona asked in concerned tone as she realized that Jonghyun’s expression didn’t look that good. “Are you sick?”

“No. I’m fine.” Jonghyun gave her a reassuring smile although he realized that Yoona was doubting his answer. “Are you busy? Have a coffee with me for five minutes?”

 

 

 

“Aren’t people tired already?”

“Ne? Pardon? What did you just say?” Yoona asked when she heard Jonghyun mumbled something when he seated himself in front of Yoona after brought two cup of coffee in hospital coffee shop.

“Those people… aren’t they tired already?”

Yoona looked around and found that people around them, or even just passing by, are staring curiously at Jonghyun. “Ah… they can’t help their curiosity…” she grimaced.

“Then how about you?” Jonghyun asked her while looking straightly onto her eyes.

“Me? Of course I am.” Yoona smiled and stirred her ice coffee with the straw. “But it can wait. You have a very important upcoming surgery in two hours. I don’t want to bother you before that.”

Jonghyun just nodded silently and took a sip of his coffee. “How many bottles you were drinking last night?”

Yoona almost spilled her coffee as she heard Jonghyun’s question. She stared in disbelief at him. “How did you know???”

Jonghyun just smiled calmly. “Last night I have a late dinner with Jonghoon hyung. He was also on duty last night and he told me that Doctor Kwon and you are going to have a drink...” he paused while staring at Yoona. “You were only with Doctor Kwon, right? There’s no other doctors joined, right?”

“And now you’re jealous if someone else joined?” Yoona mockingly asked.

“Answer me.”

“No. It’s only Yuri.” Yoona rolled her eyes. “And to answer your question, I didn’t drink that much. I still remembered that’s not Friday night and I still have to be in hospital the next day.”

Jonghyun stared at Yoona for while. “I’m sorry. I make your life is in mess.”

“Yes you did.” Yoona jokingly said although in her mind, she admit that actually she’s being honest.

“Hyung said that people kept disturbing you, because of their curiosity about me. Should I get a bodyguard for you?”

“Yya, Lee Jong Hyun! Stop with that body guard thing!” Yoona gave him a warned look. “We even are not a son or daughter from super rich fam—“ she suddenly stopped talking as she realized that she just said something nonsense. For a second, she just forgot the fact that ‘actually there’s a son from a super rich family is sitting in front of her right now’. Aish, why so stupid, Im Yoona!  She gulped awkwardly and glanced at Jonghyun. “I’m sorry…”

Jonghyun just stared at her without any significant expression and sipped his coffee. “Do you feel uneasy for being near me?” he asked with casual tone, but somehow it sounds a bit bitter.

“No.” Yoona shook her head, trying to put a reassuring smile on her face. “I’m still not used and sometimes forgot about your actual status…”
Jonghyun just smiled—his usual smile, which didn’t reach his eyes—and ruffled Yoona’s hairs before he stood up. “I’m going first. I have to prepare the surgery.” he patted her head softly once again before he left.

Yoona just nodded and made a ‘hwaiting’ gesture before Jonghyun turned his back and leaving the coffee shop. She watched until Jonghyun entered the elevator and let out a heavy sigh. “What will happen between us, Jonghyun…?” she muttered and sighed again.

 

* * *

 

“Is it started already?”

“Yes.” Jonghoon nodded. “Since an hour ago, actually. I want to stay in the Observation Room but so many doctors are there so we have to change ‘shift’.” He answered while munching his lunch. “Jonghyun is the one who did the ‘cut’.”

“Cut, do you mean this cut?” Yuri described by using her body language as she made her fingers like a scalpel and moved it vertically on her chest.

“Yes.” Jonghoon nodded. “Don’t worry. The surgery is very smooth since beginning. CEO Lee’s condition is very stable. I hope it will be success operation.” He then glanced at Yoona. “Have you meet him?”

“Twice.” Yoona answered after she gulped the water. “After the conference, and this morning.”

“You guys are fine, right?”

Yoona thought for a while before she grimaced. “I hope so. I mean, I’m trying not to nag too much because of this matter…”

“You’re dating a super chaebol, Im Yoona. Like what I told you last night, it’s a jackpot. Okay, I know he’s just being a ‘little jerk’ because he keep it from you, but… he surely has his personal reason, right? Or do you prefer him right since we meet him, he already boasted that he is a son of CEO Lee? Showing off everywhere? I bet you don’t.” this time, Yuri blabbered.

“I don’t…” Yoona muttered. “I got it, Yul. Maybe I’m just too surprised… I also feel bad towards my act for him recently.”

“Make a time to talk properly with him.” Jonghoon said wisely. “He also needs you, Yoona. I know he didn’t have much people who close to him, and you might on top of the list. He probably have a lot of things to talk with you…”

Yoona turned silent over hearing Jonghoon’s words. Actually I also feel like that. He seems like hold a lot of things in his mind, that’s why he looks so burdened. “I got it. Thanks, oppa.”

“Woah. Daebak. Im Yoona called me ‘oppa’! Did Jonghyun really cure you??? It seems like your evil soul has fly away. And you’re becoming nicer day by day…” Jonghoon burst out laughing.

“Shut up!” Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

* * *

 

“How come you manage to be off duty tonight?” Yoona asked as they entered Jonghyun’s apartment. When the surgery finished successfully, she got a text from Jonghyun, asking her to have a dinner together in his house. That’s why they’re here right now.

“I got the permission from Director Im directly. He said that I should take some rest. And since I’m too lazy to go out, I think we can continue the dinner that we just postponed days ago because hyung is here.” Jonghyun explained. “Do you need to take a bath first?”

“Yes, that’s why I brought this bag.” Yoona grinned and walked towards the guest room. “I’ll make it quick so you won’t starve for too long.”

“Just take your time.” Jonghyun smiled as he also walked towards his room.

 

 

 

“From where we should start?”

“Huh? You can wash the vegetable first.”

“No. I mean, from where should start talking? I guess we have a lot of things to talk.” Jonghyun said while washing the vegetables, which makes Yoona stunned for a moment. “And you must feel burdened to bring that topic first.” He glanced at Yoona and smiled. “Tell me, how’s your feeling, then?”

Yoona felt a bit relaxed as she saw his sincere smile. “To be honest?” she asked, while back to prepare the dinner.

“Yes.”

“I was disappointed…? Probably…” Yoona grimaced as she put the ingredients on the hot pot while stirring it. “Too much feeling that time, Jonghyun. I was shocked, disappointed, not to mention almost all hospital staffs suddenly haunted me because they were curious to death, and the most annoying thing is because I also didn’t know anything at all, so how am I suppose to answer them?” Yoona sighed, while keep continuing to cook, just like Jonghyun beside her. “But I think I didn’t hold all the grudges until now. I left it last night… not at all, but mostly.”

“You left it along with those empty bottles of soju?” Jonghyun chuckled as he prepared another dish. “Why you didn’t let it out to me? I’m the one who responsible for that mess in your life.”

“Because I’m going to ask you first. Why you’re hiding it from me? What’s your actual reason?”

Jonghyun put down the knife that he just used to chop the food and stared at Yoona. “If I told you since beginning, are you sure that you still want to be my friend? Or even my girlfriend? I bet right since you know who I am, you’ll surely create a distance from me. Am I wrong?”

Yoona bites her lower lips as she admit that Jonghyun was right. “Does it mean that actually, since beginning, you want to be my friend?”

“There’s something in you that makes me can’t take my eyes off, ever since I met you, squatting while cursing your car in the parking area for the first time…” Jonghyun said with sincere tone. “Although I’m trying to ignore that feeling, but I can’t. To tell you the truth, Yoona. I’m not choosing you to be my close people randomly, just because we met several times before? No. You have something that makes me gave all my attentions for you…” he sighed heavily. “As I’ve told you before. Every day, I always thought how am I suppose to tell you about my background… but everytime I have that thought, I was also afraid at the same time. Afraid with a thought that how if you leave me after you knew the truth…”

“What’s the big deal if I leave you…?” Yoona carefully asked.

Jonghyun was silent for a while before he answered. “I don’t know.” He smiled bitterly. “I can’t imagine it. Maybe the feeling is just like when Jaehyun left me…” his voice almost cracked but he tried to hide it by clearing his throat. “Why? Are you going to leave?” he jokingly asked while smiling, but once again it can’t reach his sad eyes. “Well, you can always leave, Yoona. Remember what I ever said that night? If you feel tired of me, you can leave. I don’t want you to feel burdened…”

Yoona stared at him with teary eyes. “Can you promise me one thing?”

“What?

“Don’t hide any important things from me… from now on… can you?”

“Can you turn off the stove for a moment?”

“Huh?” Yoona furrowed his eyebrows but before she managed to answer, Jonghyun already came closer and turned it off before he landed a soft kiss on her lips. “I promise.” He said huskily after he broke the kiss.

Yoona smiled upon hearing the sincerity in Jonghyun’s words. “Nice move, Jonghyun. Turning off the stove first, if you don’t, we might couldn’t have a dinner because it’ll be overcooked.” She said while laughing.

“Actually I’m protecting my kitchen from the smoke.” Jonghyun jokingly said and made him got a slapped on his arm. “Kidding.” He ruffled Yoona’s hairs as they laughed together. “Oh, I’m so hungry!”

“Who told you to talk and even kiss during cooking, huh?” Yoona asked in amusing tone. Although she complained, but somehow she finally feel so fine right now. Everything is already fine, Yoona… she glanced at Jonghyun who’s back to prepare the dish with brighter expression than before. And she couldn’t help but smiled. It feels good seeing you like this again… I know things between your parents must be bothered you a lot. But at least I’m happy that thing between us are clear already… in a good way…

“Are you going to sleep here?”

Yoona almost choked upon hearing Jonghyun’s question which distracting her mind-talking and also surprised her because he asked it like nothing’s wrong with the question. “Of course no! What will people think if they know I slept in your house.”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Is other people are watching you here right now? Beside, it’s not the first time we sleep tog—aah, I mean, we sleep together, literally sleep.” He corrected his words as he realized that it might have a double meaning.

“See? Beside, I’m going to sleep in my parents’ house, tonight.”

“Oh, I see.” Jonghyun nodded. “You’re not going to get angry at Director Im, right?” he suddenly asked, a bit worry. “Don’t mad at Director Im. He’s very kind when he agreed as I requested to hide my background from the entire hospital.”

Yoona just chuckled. “I won’t. Promise.”

“Then just stay a little longer after the dinner. Your parents’ house isn’t that far from here, right? I’ll drive you until there.” Jonghyun said as he put the dishes on the table. “Can we eat now?”

“Why you always wanted to drive me when I brought my car? How you suppose to go home after that?”

“Do you ever hear something called taxi, Im Yoona?” Jonghyun asked in serious tone, which earned a laughter from both of them.

“By the way, tell me, Jonghyun…” Yoona suddenly remembered something. “The reason you have a very luxury life, just like this super luxury apartment, your cars, and else, is it true that you got these all because of your grandfather?”

“Yonghwa hyung must be told you about that, right? Yes. People always asked me how much my income in NY, and I always said, there’s no much difference with my income from Hanhwa. Maybe a bit higher, but the difference is not that big. But they never asked me if I have another income, right? That’s the answer. The ‘another income’ is from the stocks of Lee Enterprise Group under my name… which is given from my grandfather.”

“Do you also own another unbelievable things?”

Jonghyun chuckled. “What’s that mean?”

“You know, some unbelievable things like… buildings? Mall? Hotel? Or else…” Yoona grimaced. “I’m asking because I won’t look too stupid in the future…”

Jonghyun ruffled her hairs again and laughed. “I don’t remember. You can check the documents on my laptop, later…”

“Fuh… why it sounds scary already…” She was overacting by shaking her head in disbelief, and once again it earned a laughter from Jonghyun.

 

* * *

 

“Jonghyun won’t like this, imo.”

“I know, Yonghwa. But the possibility of it happens is… very big.”

“You can use your power, imo, to stop it.” Yonghwa said frustratingly. “Or… maybe you also wanted it, imo??? For real???” he asked in disbelief.

“Yonghwa, there’s no better option…”

Yonghwa sighed loudly, full of anger. “Why… why his happiness are always being take away…” he muttered, lots of disappointment. “So, what if it really happens? Imo… you’re going to tell him? How? Don’t tell me you’re going to tell him in a formal way…”

“But you know him, Yonghwa. There’s no way he wanted to talk with us informally…”

“Please stop treating him like a human with no soul, Imo. I beg you all!” Yonghwa unconsciously raised his voice. “Forgive me. But that’s the thing I really should say it out. I’ll hang up first, Imo.” He ended the call and threw his phone on the table. Are you going to be okay, dongsaeng? He sighed frustatingly, and suddenly something caught his attention, a white small but luxury box on his table. He took it and smiled bitterly. I’m sorry, Hyun. Seems like you have to wait a little more… again…

 

 

 

 


hello again :)

thank you for still reading this story ^^

Btw this story probably will be end soon, probably a few more chapters. after that, I planned to finish Time Flies also and maybe will post a new fantasy story (although it still undecided who will be the character alongside Jonghyun). there's a possibility I might use a character that I never used before.

Did you guys already watch MOLS through Netflix? Jonghyun's acting has improved a lot, in my opinion. please support the drama and if you can, please watch it through netflix ^^

thank you and see you in the next chapter.