Chapter 2 - New Friends

Prescription For Love

“Oh they’re coming, Yoong.”

Before Yoona even can respond her, the two guys whom they were talking about already standing in front of them while bringing their own trays.

“Take a seat, Jonghyun.” Jonghoon said casually while pulling a chair in front of Yuri. “Hey, girls.”

Yuri mocked at Jonghoon before she turned to Jonghyun and bowed her head. “Annyeonghaseyo, Doctor Lee. Kwon Yuri imnida.”

Jonghyun nodded modestly. “Lee Jonghyun imnida. Which departments are you, Doctor Kwon?”

“Obgyn.” Yuri smiled—fortunately she can manage her expression calmly because inside her, she almost fainted because of Jonghyun’s presence.

“And this one—“

“I already met him yesterday.” Yoona cutted Jonghoon’s words. “Annyeonghaseyo, Doctor Lee.” She greeted warmly which was replied by a polite nod from Jonghyun.

“What is the connection between a General Surgeon and a Pediatrician?” Jonghoon bluntly asked while looking at Yoona and Jonghyun curiously.

“Anii. We just met at the parking area in the basement.” Yoona was the one who answered Jonghoon because the guy in front of him was eating quietly. “Then how did you suddenly become friends with Doctor Lee?”

“Yya, yya, Im Yoona! Call me ‘oppa’ at least. I’m two years older than you... aish jinjja...” Jonghoon put a sulky expression which just ignored by Yoona and Yuri since it’s a common situation. “Well, I’m a ‘national friend’, didnt you remember it kids?” he said with proud smile.

“Nation—what?” Jonghyun finally spoke out while staring confusedly at Jonghoon.

“National Friend.” Yuri answered him while rolling her eyes at Jonghoon. “He gave himself that name because he always approached all of people and asked them to become his friends.”

“Yya, it’s not like that. Please ignore any explanations from my haters.” Jonghoon cutted Yuri’s words immediately and gave Jonghyun an angelic smile. “It’s because if I want to become friends with someone, I will be the one who approach and ask. And I love to make friends as much as I can. That’s why I’m being called a national friend.”

“It’s still a bit hard to understand Korean’s idiom...” Jonghyun grimaced and continue to eat.

“May I ask, Jonghyun? How can you speak Korean so fluent? I mean, aren’t you from US?” Jonghoon asked curiously. “And you didnt look like western people. I mean, you look a bit mixed.”

“I was born in Seoul, hyung. I moved to US when I entered Junior High.” Jonghyun explained. “My Dad are  mixed that’s why my appearance is like this.”

“Engg, can I ask you something, Doctor Lee?” Yuri suddenly butted in with curious looks on her face.

“Sure.”

“Well, I think you must already heard this kind of question. But I really need to ask you. You... aren’t a vampire, right?” Yuri asked with careful tone. Afraid it might sound inappropriate—which makes her got a soft pat from Jonghoon on her head.

Jonghyun let out a little smile. “You’re right. I always got that kind of question. And yes. I’m a normal human.”

“Daenghida...” Yuri sighed in relief. “Forgive for my stupid question. Actually it’s because people were talking about it. Some of them are still living in imagination world...” she grimaced and then turned to Yoona. “Yoong, why you suddenly quiet?”

Yoona gulped as the attention turned to her. “Hm? Nothing.” Actually she turned quiet because she was trying to read Jonghyun’s character. Okay, I’m not a mind reader or something like that but since beginning, I was so curious what is his personality. I still couldnt figure it out. He’s not that cold, but he also rare to show his smile, that’s why I couldnt say whether he is a warm person or cold one... I dont know why but I’m really curious...

“She’s not like this usually.” Jonghoon spoke out. “Yoona is the loudest girl that I ever met. Second is she.” He pointed to Yuri nonchalantly.

“Are you guys graduated from the same university?”

“Yes.” Jonghoon answered. “I was in my 3rd year when they entered as the first year. I know Yoona at that time. While Yuri... well, we’ve been friends since childhood.”

“Friends? And I thought you’re a couple.” Jonghyun said bluntly. “Seriously, I just had that kind of feeling.”

Yuri grimaced as she heard Jonghyun's words. "With this player one? Eiy, no."

"Why did you think like that, Doctor Lee?" Yoona suddenly looks curious. She stared at Jonghyun in excitement with sparkling eyes. "Do you also think that they're perfect to be a couple?"

Jonghyun was staring back at Yoona for a second before he answered. "I dont know. I just thought like that. I mean, although Hyung and Doctor Kwon didnt act like a lover but I used to think that they are."

And why he has to stare at me with those sharp and icy eyes while talking? It makes me shiver. Yoona talked in her mind. "Right?! See, even Doctor Lee who just met you guys for the first time already feel the same. Just date, you two."

"Yya Jonghyun," Jonghoon creates a fake sad and hurtful expression. But before he continues, he already got a pat on his head by Yuri along with the scary glare. "Suddenly I'm curious, Jonghyun. Did Yuri meet with your ideal type?"

Jonghyun was thinking a bit befoere he answered. "I dont have certain ideal type, hyung. And why the attention suddenly turned to me?" He grimaced.

"Usually when a guy said that he didnt have an ideal type, it means he already has someone." SeeYuri said while smiling. "Am I right, Doctor Lee?"

Jonghyun turned quiet for a moment before he finally shook his head and smiled a little. "No. I dont have, Doctor Kwon."

"Wah. Suddenly this table turns so sad." Jonghoon suddenly spoke in amusement. "Because all of us are still single until now. No wonder people kept saying that you should get married before you become a doctor. Because if you already are, it will hard to take a time to think about that..."

“For example, you.” Yuri and Yoona said in unison while chuckling.

“Yya, you two... seriously...!!”

 

* * *

 

Jonghyun walked to his car at the basement parking area while checking his watch. It’s 11 pm. And I didnt even manage to have a dinner yet. He thought while keep walking. No wonder because he just had done three operations today that’s why it’s so difficult for him to have a spare time.

“Oh, is it you, Doctor Lee?”

Jonghyun turned his head and found Yoona behind him. Seems like she just went out from the elevator and was going home too. “Annyeonghaseyo, Doctor Im.” He bowed his head politely.

“Annyeong.” Yoona smiled brightly. “Oh, you’re going home too?”

“Yes. Seems like you too, Doctor Im.” Jonghyun answered. “Oh, does your car already fixed?”

“Yes, fortunately.” Yoona grinned. She then suddenly offered a chocolate bar which was only half left. “Do you want some, Doctor Lee? It’s good for people who didnt have a dinner yet.”

“Thank you, Doctor Im.” Jonghyun took a piece of chocolate and eat it while staring curiously at Yoona. “But how did you know it?”

“Huh? Know what? That chocolate is good?”

“Anii. About me who doesnt have a dinner yet.”

“Eh? So, you too, Doctor Lee?” Yoona laughed. “Actually I was talking about myself just now. It’s because I didnt manage to have a dinner yet that’s why I’m eating a chocolate. Turn out you too have the same condition. Why? How many operations that just done today, Doctor Lee?”

“Three. After lunch.” Jonghyun answered.

“Wow it’s hard.” Yoona looks amazed. “Then you should eat something delicious, Doctor Lee. To payback your hard work today.”

“You’re right.” Jonghyun nodded. “But can you help me Doctor Im? Since I left Seoul around 14 years ago, so I dont know where is the recommended restaurant around here. Can you tell me?”

“Sure.” Yoona nodded in excitement. “If you want to eat seafood, there is a seafood restaurant near here. After you went out from the hospital, turn left twice and you’ll find the restaurant. If you want to eat beef, just go straight around 200 meters from Hospital. Or is there anything else beside meat and seafood that you want to eat? Just tell me, I’ll give you some recommendations, Doctor Lee.”

“Seafood is okay, I think.” Jonghyun smiled a little—very very very little. “Thank you so much, Doctor Im. Then, excuse me.” He bowed politely and headed to his car. But when he opened the car’s door, he stopped for a while and looks like he was thinking of something until finally he spoke again. “Doctor Im, mind to have a dinner together?”

 

* * *

 

"i just couldnt believe it. I mean, you're the one who said that you're a kind of ignorant person. And it was just yesterday that I was the one who asked you to offer me a drive..." Yoona said in amazed while they are on their way.

Jonghyun smiled a little. "I dont know too, Doctor Im. Maybe because I just did it yesterday so today seems like I wont look that way again."

"Ah right... I might think that you're totally ignorant if you acted the same as yesterday, Doctor Lee." Yoona chuckled. "But honestly, since I kinda know this side of you, I didnt expect thay you'll ask me tonight...”

“I didnt expect it too...” Jonghyun chuckled a little.

“Oh you have a pair of great dimples!” Yoona suddenly exclaimed when she noticed through the mirror. “Woah... daebak...”

“Why you look so amazed?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, somehow he feel amused because of Yoona’s reaction.

“I always envy with people who have dimples. They really look beautiful effortlessly...”

“Ah. Thank you, Doctor Im.” Jonghyun chuckled. “But it doesnt mean that people who didnt have dimples is not beautiful.”

“Effortlessly, Doctor Lee.”

“Yes, effortlessly.” Jonghyun nodded. “As I know, you didnt have any dimples, but it works on you, Doctor Im.” He said calmly. “As you said, effortlessly.”

Yoona blinked her eyes while starring with surprising eyes to Jonghyun. “Did you just say I’m beautiful, Doctor Lee?”

Jonghyun turned for a second and gave Yoona a poker face. “Did I?” he asked with flat tone, but in next second, his lips formed a smile.

“Wah...” Yoona joined him to smile. “This is the first time I met a person like you, Doctor Lee.” She exclaimed while staring at the road.

“Museun seoriya?”

“I cannot predict your character. I mean... sometimes you can be so cold—or maybe a bit ignorant—with anything or anyone around you. You just like a walking statue. You rare to smile. Even you completed it with your icy and profound eyes. But the strange thing is, whenever I started to think like that, you suddenly showed another different side of you.” Yoona explained while staring at Jonghyun. “You really have an unique personality, Doctor Lee.”

“Suddenly I have a question for you, Doctor Im. But I’ll ask after we got a table inside.” Jonghyun signalled that they already arrived at the restaurant. “Kkaja.”

 

 

 

 

“So, what is the question that you want to ask me, Doctor Lee?”

Jonghyun who finally finished eating, take a sip of water before he answered Yoona’s question. “Why you become a pediatrician rather than a psyciathry?”

“How did...”

“Araa. Just by looking at the way you’re talking in the car a while ago.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Wow... you’re a genius, indeed.” Yoona clapped her hands. “As I said that I really wanted to be a surgeon because of my Appa. But then, since it’s too difficult, then I gave up. And then, I faced two hardest options that I should choose. I really have a lot interest towards Pediatrician and Psyciathry. But...” she paused her words for a moment and smiled. “I realized I really love kids. Kids need to be saved so they can have a future life. That’s why I choose this way.”

“Seems like you really like kids so much. Why dont make one?”

Yoona almost spilled her drink when she heard Jonghyun’s blunt question. “Make???”

Jonghyun grimaced, realizing that his words just make her surprised. “I mean, have a family, having your own child. Isn’t it a dream of every woman in this world?”

Yoona was quiet for a moment before she started to speak again. “Of course. I have that kind of dream too. But... how can I think about having my own children if I didint find the right one yet?”

“Eiy, it’s easy for you, Doctor Im.”

"Eiiy, if it's easy then why I'm still single right now." Yoona grimaced and laughed together with Jonghyun. Woah daebak... one more thing I never expected is... having a light chit chat like this with him. I used to think that he must be get bored easily whit this kind of nonsense thing. But surprisingly, he's a good friend to have a chit chat.

"Jonghyun?"

That voice suddenly made Yoona and Jonghyun looked at the source of the voice. Yoona raised her eyebrows confusedly when she saw an beautiful woman standing right beside their table. She glanced at Jonghyun and found that guy was putting his poker face again.

"You're in Seoul..."

"Hi, Tiffany-ssi." Jonghyun greeted her calmly, very contrasted euth that woman's disbelief expression.

"How could you move without telling me, Jonghyun??"

Yoona raised her eyebrows silently. She noticed that there must be something between Jonghyun and that woman. And by the way... that woman is seriously beautiful. She just looks like a supermodel. Yoona even almost thought that she's an actress.

"We're having a dinner right now, Tiffany ssi. Seems like you too. Let's talk abot that later." Jonghyun gave a proper smile. But somehow it looks bitter. "Excuse me, I have my acquaintance here." He nodded his head politely to that woman and looked at Yoona. "Sorry for it, Doctor Im." He apologized to Yoona, completely ignore the woman who still stands beside their table."

"Nee? Ah aniiyo, Doctor Lee." Yoona shook her head. Well, since she didnt have any correlations between Jonghyun and that woman, that's why she just followed Jonghyun's 'direction', by pretending casual. Beside, I dont have any business with that woman. No reason for me to feel sorry or what, I dont even understand what kind of situation before.

"You're having a dinner with a wom--" that woman whom just started to talk again, suddenly shut up when Jonghyun put down his chopsticks and looked at her again with his icy stare.

"Excuse me, Tiffany-ssi. Please dont disturb my dinner with Doctor Im." Jonghyun said firmly. And it even makes Yoona feel shiver although Jonghyun is not talking to her. His voice and his expression were cold and unreadable.

That woman called Tiffany looks shocked and finally decided to leave them. But before she totally left, she looked at Jonghyun. "I'll call you later, Jonghyun. We need to talk." And with that she finally left.

"i almost think that your friend is a model, Doctor Lee."

"She is." Jonghyun said casually. "A runway model in NY."

"Jinjja? Ah!!! That's why she looks familiar!!" Yoona clapped her hands. "Daebak... It's so rare for a doctor to be friends with that kind of people, I mean... usually we're being isolated in the hospital..." Yoona grimaced.

"Wae? It sounds like you want to meet some other model guy, too?" Jonghyun raised one of his eyebrow while slightly smirking.

"Eiyy..." Yoona waved her hands. "They wont have any interests to me." She grinned. "Later theu'll find that dating a doctor is a mistake."

Jonghyun looked profoundly at Yoona. "How did you know that, Doctor Im? Seems like you ever experienced it..."

"Yes." Yoona nodded nonchalantly. "Not a model, he's a singer of indie band. We were dating for a month and he kept complaining about my spare time. At that time, I'm still a first year resident which literally sleep in the hospital for 24/7. But he dont want to accept it so he dumped me." She grimaced. "Such a pitiful story."

"Dumped??? Seriously??"

"Even Doctor Lee didnt believe it right? That such a very beautiful girl like me was being dumped?" She said jokingly.

"That man must have something error with his brain." Jonghyun grimaced. "There wont be a normal guy who will dump you, Doctor Im."

"Are you praising me right now, Doctor Lee?"

"Uhm, do I sound like cursing on you, Doctor Im?" Jonghyun asked back and made both of them laughed. "Well I have to admit that you're a nice person, Doctor Im. I'm not a good talker nor listener. I even didnt know how to create a fun topic when I'm talking. I didnt usually express my feeling so much. But maybe because youe bright personality, it influenced me a little." He smiled "Thank you, Doctor Im."

"Well, I have a very fun time with you, Doctor Lee. Actually I'm so curious of your character. Now I find another side of you which I didnt see it before. Mind to have a stupid chit chat again with me next time, Doctor Lee?"

"Sure." He exchanged smile with Yoona.

 

 

 

 


annyeong ^^

sorry for the lame and flat chapt.

 

anw, thank you for ur support . It really encourages me to update it very soon ^^

I read all of ur comments ^^ really, forgive me bcs I couldnt reply it one by one. thank you so much guys ^^ for comment, read and subsribed this story :)

see you next chapt.

*Ough, as I said before, Medical is not my background so I hope you can bear if I made some mistakes in medical terms. Forgive me