Chapter 11 - Uncommon Relationship

Prescription For Love

“You two are really look alike.” Yoona commented when both of them were sitting lazily on the couch while looking at the photo album of Jonghyun and Jaehyun.

“Can you recognize me?” Jonghyun asked, while rested his chin on Yoona’s shoulder. Since this morning, seems like it became his favorite pose. Circled Yoona’s shoulder with his arms while his chin is on Yoona’s shoulder. Just like a spoiled kid.

“Of course. You have a different smile with Jaehyun. When you’re smiling, your left eyebrow is higher than the right one.” Yoona happily pointed at one of the picture. “See?”

“Hm? I don’t even know I’m like that.” Jonghyun commented as he stared at his own picture. “You know, since we’re too identical, it’s too hard to recognize which one is me and which one is Jaehyun...”

“But Jonghyun...”

“Hm?”

“Why there isn’t any other pictures?” Yoona asked as she’s already reached the last page. “I mean, all the photos are only you and your twin’s. Then, how about... your family? Such as your parents, or any other...”

Jonghyun closed the album and put it on the table. “I only keep this one.” He simply answered and gave Yoona a smile. “Next question.”

“Huh?”

“It seems you have so many questions in your head for me. Just ask me. Don’t be afraid.” Jonghyun said while tightening his arms around Yoona.

Yoona was hesitant for a while, although she admit that Jonghyun was right. There are a few things that kept bothering her but she really didn’t want to ask him. She afraid that Jonghyun’s PTSD might came up again.

“I’m waiting, Yoona. And I won’t tell you to leave me again this time. I promise.”

Yoona bites her lips nervously. “Are you serious?”

“Should I kiss you?”

“Huh??” Yoona was taken aback with Jonghyun’s sudden question.

“If you keep doubting me, I think I’ll do it.”

“Okay, okay, I got it.” Yoona said in a hurry, trying to hide her embarassment. “How is Jaehyun’s personality? I mean, you already told me that you two have a different character, but I want to hear more.”

Jonghyun smiled, although Yoona couldnt see his face, upon hearing her question. “He is a nice person. Truly. Also, a very honest person. He can’t ever tell lies. Especially to me. He’s also a quiet person, very calm. He didn’t talk a lot and people often said that he’s a cold person. Although he’s not.”

Then... Yonghwa’s words are true. That his character right now is really changed like his twin. “I heard... from Yonghwa-ssi... that you choose to become a doctor because of Jaehyun?”

Jonghyun nodded weakly. “Will I become so rude if I...” he cleared his throat. “also killed my twin’s dream?”

“Yya!” Yoona hurriedly turned her head at him. “Don’t say such a thing like that!” she glared at Jonghyun and playfully hit his head to make him turned calm again. “Then why you choose to become a general surgeon? Among all kind of doctors?”

“So I can help the people. All kind of people who came into emergency unit. A general surgeon is always the first doctor in surgical unit to face the patient, isn’t it?” Jonghyun sighed. “With me, doing my best as a general surgeon, I hope the people who ended like my brother… would be less.” His voice cracked. “Ah sorry. I’ve ruined your peaceful morning.” He said in a hurry with casual tone.

“Not at all.” Yoona shook her head. “I’m glad that you want to share all your stories to me…” she released herself from Jonghyun’s embracement and turned around to face him. “Isn’t it nice to have someone to talk with and also can listen for you?”

“Depends on.”

“Depends on what?” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows.

“Depends on who’s that someone.”

“Of course it’s me.”

“Then, it’s nice.” Jonghyun smiled. “Very nice.”


* * *

 

“Why your eyebags are getting worse everytime I see you?”

Jonghyun just chuckled upon hearing Yoona’s complaint as soon as he put down his tray on the table to have a lunch together with her in hospital’s cafetaria. “We rarely meet for a week and that’s the first thing you said to me.”

“Because you really look like a grim reaper right now.”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “You watched drama too much. How come you still manage to watch the drama when you're so busy?” He said while munching his food. “Woah, this is good.”

"At least I'm not that busy as you. You practically live in hospital 24/7." Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “Tell me. This one, right now, is your first lunch after how many days?”

“Three, I guess.” Jonghyun answered without hesitation, but then he realized there’s a sudden change in Yoona’s expression. “But I managed to have dinner everyday.” He added in a hurry.

“Lee Jonghyun and his way of healthy life.” Yoona hissed. “Next time I heard that again, I’m going to lock you in the food storage and you’ll never find a way to get out.” She glared at him.

“Yya...” Jonghyun grinned and patted Yoona’s head playfully. “A pediatrician shouldn’t say something scary like that. The kids will be scared.”

Yoona just replied him with a pout and continued to eat. “By the way...”

“Hm?”

“Anii...” Yoona looks hesitated as she bites her lower lips nervously. “Anii. Forget it.”

Jonghyun raised his head with a confused expression on his face. “What is it? Tell me.”

“I dont want. You might think that I’m not in my right mind.” Yoona shook her head.

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and put down his spoon. He folded his arms on the table and stared at Yoona with his genuine eyes. “Tell me.”

“No.”

“Im Yoona.” He lowered his voice but it sounds more firm.

Yoona sighed. “You cannot use that combo of your eyes and your firm voice like that, you know. It doesnt give me any choices except to follow your order!” she glared at him.

Jonghyun smiled a little upon hearing Yoona’s cute whinning. But he remained silent, waiting for Yoona to answer him.

“This is not a proper place to talk about that, you know.” Yoona finally gave up. “I’ll tell you the detail later.”

“Then tell me what’s that about?”

Yoona sighed again and took out her phone from the pocket. She touched the screen for a few times and showed it to Jonghyun. It was a text from Doctor Yoo Jung In.

Jonghyun frowned as he read the text. He scrolled the screen to go up to find the previous texts. “What the f...” he muttered when he read all of similar texts from him. “C’mon? He texted you every morning, every afternoon and every night?” he looked at the phone with disgusting expression. “It pissed me off.”

“Lower your voice, because a few people already stared at us.” Yoona warned him with soft voice. “That’s why I said I’ll tell you later.”

“You’ll tell me right after we finish this meal.” Jonghyun still looks annoyed. “Let’s talk in my office. I want to hear the details.”

 

 

 

“Tell me.” That was the first words from Jonghyun after they finished their lunch and went into Jonghyun’s office room.

“Well, there’s no much to tell you. It keeps repeating although I already rejected him a few times. He kept texting and asking me to go out.” Yoona answered casually and sat on Jonghyun’s chair.

Jonghyun, who was standing, while leaning on the closed door, folded his arms. “He asked you to have a dinner every night?”

“Yes.”

“And how many times you accepted it?”

“One.” Yoona sighed. “At the very first time, because I feel bad to reject it. Turned out, I really regret it.”

“Then why he keep asking you until now? Seriously it’s annoying for me to read his text…” Jonghyun made a disgusting expression again.

“Ask him, not me.” Yoona rolled her eyes. “And this is the one that I actually want to ask your help.”

“Help?”

Yoona nodded. “Although you might think that I’m seriously not in my right mind. But, can you help me to get rid of him? I really don’t want to waste my Friday night with him. So, can you please make him busy?”

“Busy?”

“Well, you’re from the same department. You can ask him to do a research or else or else…”

Jonghyun thought for a while until he finally nodded. “I think I have a better way.”


* * *

 

Yoona just entered her office when her phone started to vibrate. She took it out and sighed as she saw a message from Doctor Yoo which said that he’ll pick her up right in her office around fifteen minutes. And what did Jonghyun mean when he said that he has a better way? I dont see anything from him up until now! Yoona grumbled silently and sat on her chair, trying to call him, but seems like his phone is off. “I’m going to kill you if you don’t show up at all, Lee Jonghyun!” she muttered as she paged him anxiously, hoping that he will notice it. She knew she just did something wrong because she used the pager for personal matter, but this is urgent, please forgive me.

It feels like the time went so quickly when suddenly someone knocked her office room, followed with Yoo Jung In’s face peeked in. Oh crap! Where is that vampire surgeon???? I need him right now!!! Yoona though in panicky but still putting a smile as a greeting for Yoo Jung In. “Hi, Doctor Yoo.”

“Hi. Sorry for disturbing you.” Yoo Jung In gave her a smile. “Can we go now?”

Yoona gulped, trying to hide her anxious expression. “Uhm, you know, Doctor Yoo. I didnt say ‘yes’ yet...”

“I know, I know.” Yoo Jung In still grinned widely. “You said that you were not sure, depends on your schedule and appointment. But I already asked the nurse outside, they said that your last patient has already finished since fifteen minutes ago. And seeing you’re sitting here in your office, it means you’re already done for today, right?”

Oh, God. Please, send Jonghyun here right now, I really need hher mind-talking suddenly interrupted with someone who just entered her room. And the second when she saw who’s that person, she really wanted to cry of happiness.

“Oh, Hi. Sorry, I’m late. Just finished a three hours surgery.” Jonghyun showed an apologetic expression to Yoona while fixing the collar of his white coat. “Oh, Hi there, Doctor Yoo. It’s a rare to show you around Pediatric area.” He greeted Yoo Jung In casually, very contrasted with Yoo Jung In’s suspicious and unhappy expression.

“It’s a rare to see you here too, Doctor Lee.” Yoo Jung In greeted him back with not-so-friendly tone. “And what kind of matter that dragged you here? Because Doctor Im and I have to go right now.”

“Go? Where?” Jonghyun asked innocently.

“It’s not your business at all, Doctor Lee.” Yoo Jung In clearly showed that he’s really unhappy with Jonghyun’s presence.

“I’m afraid it suddenly became my business, Doctor Yoo.” Jonghyun still putting a casual and innocent expression. “Because the reason I came here because I have an appointment with Yoona.”

Yoo Jung In frowned. “What did you call her just now?”

“Yoona. That’s her name, or that’s what she told me.” Jonghyun answered him as if nothing’s wrong. “So, can I take her right now?”

“What are you talking about, Doctor Lee??” Yoo Jung In’s voice got higher. “Doctor Im and I already promised to have a dinner tonight, right Doctor Im?” he turned to Yoona.

Yoona, who just watched the confrontation between two guys in front of her, raised her eyebrows in surprise when the attention suddenly turned to her. “Well, that’s what I’m going to tell you actually, Doctor Yoo, but it get cutted by you.” She grimaced.

“What?? That you already have a promise with him??”

“Yes.” Jonghyun is the one who answered him.

“But I asked you first, Doctor Im!” Yoo Jung In still looks couldnt believe with what he just heard.

“That’s why I asked her, Doctor Yoo.” Jonghyun butted in again. “I know that you invited her, and you didnt give her a chance to reject it.” He finally showed his poker-face-but-almost-cold expression.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??”

“Please lower your voice, Doctor Yoo. We’re in hospital.” Jonghyun said in casual tone, which make Yoo Jung In feel more annoyed. “Actually I want to say it straightly. From now on, please take out Yoona’s name from your list of girls to approach.”

“And who are you telling me like that?” Yoo Jung In asked in challenging tone.

“Fortunately for me, Unfortunately for you, I’m her boyfriend.”

“WHAT???”

Jonghyun nodded once again to confirm it, totally ignored how pissed of Yoo Jung In right now. “See you tomorrow, Doctor Yoo. Thanks for your hard work today.” He bowed his head. “Yoona, let’s go.”

“Doctor Lee!”

“Yes, Doctor Yoo?” Jonghyun turned around again.

“We’re not over yet. Where’s your manner of leaving other people when they’re still talking to you? I asked, what the hell is going on??”

“Pardon me?” Jonghyun raised one of his eyebrows. “Didn’t I already say it clearly, Doctor Yoo? And I apologize if I look impolitely towards you. Not intentionally.”

“Tsk! Seriously? You two? Dating?” Yoo Jung In snorted. “Doctor Im, everyone knows about him. Do you think he’s dating you for real? He just wanted to get some recognisiton, especially from your father!”

“Excuse me, Doctor Yoo? What are you talking about?” Yoona finally butted in, feeling a bit annoyed with Yoo Jung In’s words.

“Everyone knows, Doctor Im. Since the very first, he really sticked to your father. And now, to get what he wants, you became his prey.” Yoo Jung In looked at Jonghyun with disgusting expression. “I never like you since we met, Doctor Lee. What makes a doctor from the biggest hospital in the world moved to a smaller scale if it’s not because you want to have some power and authority?? So, you can become the next chief of surgical department, am I right?”

Jonghyun just smiled upon hearing Yoo Jung In’s words. “If you don’t mind, I’ll correct some of your words, Doctor Yoo.” He pulled a chair and sat casually. “First, I moved to Seoul because of personal reason, and it’s not your business at all. Second, if you say I sticked around Director, maybe it’s true, but I just did what my job should do. Director and I—oh and also, you—are surgeons. But I never have any thought to get some benefit from Director, for your information, I’m not interested to become the next Chief of Surgical Department. Not at all. It’s stressful, you know.” He added with playful tone. “Third, you have no right to say that I’m dating Yoona because of her father. Because both me and her knew the reason why we’re dating.” He stood up again. “I guess we’re done talking, Doctor Yoo. Please excuse me, because Yoona and I have to get some dinner. See you tomorrow.” He bowed his head once again and signaling Yoona to follow him.

 

 

 

“Since when we’re dating by the way?” Yoona finally asked when they entered Jonghyun’s car. Honestly, she really wanted to ask right after they left her office but she didn’t want to become the center of attention in hospital, that’s why she’s holding it impatiently.

Jonghyun just glanced at her and started the car’s engine. “I don’t know. Should it have a date?”

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean you don’t know? You’re the one who said it before.”

“That’s not the most important, Im Yoona.” Jonghyun still talked with casual tone while started to drive. “The important one is, are you feeling any objections with my words or not?”

“Yya!” Yoona squinted at him. “Is it your way to confess?”

“Maybe.” Jonghyun smiled a little, while still staring at the road. “So?”

“Huh!” Yoona folded her arms. “I can’t believe it at all, Lee Jonghyun. What a very unroman—“ her words is being cutted when Jonghyun suddenly stopped the car on the roadside. “Yya, what happened?? You scared me!”

“Should I kiss you or not?”

Yoona opened but no words came out since she was totally surprised with Jonghyun’s words.

Jonghyun chuckled and patted her head softly. His gaze even turn softened. “Yoona, I have a few things to say, do you want to hear?”

“Sure.”

Jonghyun took a breath before he started to speak again as his expression turned serious. “Im Yoona, you know about me, my past, what’s wrong with me and what happened to me. And I believe you know the fact that I honestly still have a barrier towards other people.” He paused a little. “For now, I still can’t say that I love you, Yoona. I apologize for that. But I still want to ask you, because after all this time, since I started to know you, I really want to ask you this question...”

“What question?” Yoona nervously asked.

“Stay beside me?” Jonghyun asked as he stared directly into Yoona’s eyes. “I know that I’m still lacking in many ways, I also know that I must looked so selfish because I didn’t even say that I love you but still asking you to stay beside me. But, one thing that I’m very sure is... I really need you, Yoona. Ever since you came to my life, became my friend, and even I already considered you to become someone very special to me, you gave me a different feeling. A feeling that I might already forgot for these years. That’s why I’m sure that I want you to be with me. I’m not sure for how long. I want to say it forever, but I’m still not sure. That’s why, I’ll give the decision to you. You can say no, or when you say yes, you have the right to leave me whenever you’re tired of me.”

Yoona just stunned over hearing Jonghyun’s honest words. She stared at him and found his eyes that really full of honesty. He, didn’t give her a beautiful words, he even didn’t say that he loves her, but somehow it makes Yoona didn’t feel bad at all. Because she knew that Jonghyun really told the truth right now. And honestly, she didn’t expect that Jonghyun will say something like this. Because she’s truly understand the barrier that Jonghyun built to keep other people away from his circle. And she didnt expect that Jonghyun can accept her. And somehow that feels very good. She smiled at Jonghyun. “You know, this is the first time a guy confessed like this to me. Usually I got a love confession. But now, I dont even know what kind of confession is this.” She grinned. “To be honest, I never expected you’ll be a special person for me, Jonghyun. Although now I realized that you already are. Very naturally. I’m enjoying the times with you. But if I have to say what kind of feeling that I have, I dont even know it. You’re right, Jonghyun. ‘Love’ maybe is still to heavy to describe our situation. But it doesn’t mean that I hate you. So, to answer your question, I think I’ll say yes for now.” She said without any hesitation and gave a smile to Jonghyun. “But hey, please be a little bit romantic next time when you’re asking someone to be your girlfriend.” She playfully patted Jonghyun’s arm while pouting. “What a very unromantic guy.”

Jonghyun stared at her for a while and finally formed a smile too. “Thanks, Yoona. For accepting—although I’m lacking in much ways right now.” He’s still smiling when he started to drive again.

“Is this your first time?” Yoona suddenly asked after a while. “I mean... the first time after it happened...”

“After the accident, yes.” Jonghyun finished Yoona’s words while still driving. “I really build a wall between me and the world, Yoona. To be honest, I still hate this unfair world.”

It’s normal for him to think that this world is very unfair with him. He sacrificed his first love only for his brother, but then he lost his brother… Yoona thought. She wanted to speak again but the ringtone from Jonghyun’s phone suddenly distracted them. She unintentionally glanced at Jonghyun’s screen and saw ‘Secretary Han’ appeared on his phone screen. Secretary? She raised her eyebrows, feeling curious, but didn’t let out any words. She just watched without saying anything when Jonghyun just pushed the silent button on his phone.

“So, any recommended restaurant for having a delicious dinner?” Jonghyun asked, blurry showing that he didn’t want to being distracted with anything related the call before.

Yoona just smiled and starting to set the gps to one of restaurant. For now, let’s not to ask too many questions to him.

 

* * *

 

“Did you already check his personal file?” Yuri asked when Yoona and her were having a lunch together in hospital’s cafeteria.

“Yya, we can’t ask staff’s personal files if we didn’t have any particular reasons.” Yoona answered. “Or maybe it’s Jung Yong Hwa’s secretary?”

“Well, it can be.” Yuri nodded. “Hey, you’re already that close with him, why can’t you just ask him directly about his background?”

Yoona shook her head. “Personal reasons.”

“Okay…” Yuri sighed. “Then, if you’re that curious to death, let’s go to Staff Administration’s Department. This is the time when we should use our ‘ability’.” She gave Yoona a wink.

 

 

 

 


 

Hi

sorry for the late update.

and I am very thankful for you guys who keep waiting, reading and even left any comments ^^ so happy to get it all.

see ya next chapter.

thank you.