Chapter 14 - A Surprising Fact

Prescription For Love

“Who’s that?”

“Imo.” Yonghwa said as he put back his phone onto the dashboard.

“Is something matter?”

“A bit…” Yonghwa sighed while still driving. “What do you think if I told Jonghyun about that? Will he come back?”

Seohyun though for a while. “Well, he’s already back, oppa. He’s in Seoul. I know he must be aware about the situation. Do you think there’s any other reasons for him to leave NY? He just couldn’t admit it.”

“He won’t admit it. Why he should admit when they still treated him like that…” Yonghwa muttered. “I know his feeling. I can understand it…”

“But you still have to tell him, oppa.”

“Yes. I will. I won’t say it straightly but I’ll make sure he’s fully aware of that.”

 


* * *

 

Next Day...

Yoona is about to get her car key when her phone suddenly beeped. She turned her attention to the phone and read the pop up chat.

 

Lee Jonghyun : I’m waiting outside

 

Yoona frowned as she read the text. She needs a few seconds before she understand the text. She went out to the veranda in a hurry and saw a red Lamborghini parked and looks very stand out in front of the building. She didn’t need to recheck whether it’s Jonghyun’s car or not because she’s very sure it’s his car. She took her bag in a hurry and went down, hoping that the elevator will go down straightly without stopping at any floors.

And she’s lucky. It only took less than a minute when the elevator stopped at the ground floor. She went out and crossed the road to approach that red Lamborghini. Just at the same time Jonghyun get down from that car. How can he’s always so breathtaking like that... Yoona thought as she saw Jonghyun in his white shirt.

“Good morning.” Jonghyun greeted her.

“Good morning, and how did you know that I didn’t leave yet?”

Jonghyun just throw a calm smile. “Instinct.”

“And what’s with this sudden pick up?” Yoona kept asking.

Jonghyun raised one of his eyebrows. “Is it wrong if I pick you up? I know I couldn’t do this every morning but if I got the spare time, I will do this.”

“No, it’s not wrong at all.” Yoona gave him a sweet smile. She glanced at the red Lamborghini behind Jonghyun. “Uhm… this one seriously stands out too much.” She grimaced.

Jonghyun followed her gaze which directed to his car. “This one seems bothered you since last night. Why? I mean… it’s just another car…”

“Uhm… you know… people already made many speculations about you, and your income when they saw you’re riding Aston Martin limited version. Yeah, I know it’s limited version because people around me kept mentioning it. And then, suddenly you brought your other car, which is Lamborghini… I mean… one luxury car already created many speculations…” Yoona anxiously explained it.

Jonghyun raised one of his eyebrows and finally let out a smile. “Didn’t they have another topic to talk about rather than me? Hey, I’m not that interesting enough to become their topic of gossip.” He ruffled his hairs and grimaced. “Then… do you still want to ride this car with me? Or should I go back to Cheongdamdong first to change my car?” he asked in amusement tone.

Yoona rolled her eyes and playfully hit Jonghyun’s arm. “Let’s go.”

“Are you visiting this early morning?” Jonghyun asked when they’re already in the car to go to the hospital.

“No, it’sll start at 8 am. I’m going to have some fresh air first before starting to work.”

“Then join me.”

Yoona turned her head to him. “Where?”

“Do you know the hospital’s running track? Not that far from where Emergency Helicopter parked.” Jonghyun asked back.

“Yes…”

“I usually do my morning jogging there. This morning, too.”

“Sounds good.” Yoona nodded. “It’s been a long time I ddin’t do any sports…” she grimaced. “Let’s meet there then.”

 

 

 

 

“Doctor Im! I saw you in parking area along with Doctor Lee.”

Yoona, who was changing her outfit into training suit in the locker room, turned her head and found it was Kim Ji Young, her fellow pediatrician. She sighed quietly. See? What I just said about ‘he always became a topic’.

“Is it true that Doctor Lee also owned Lamborghini??” Kim Ji Young continued to ask.

“Lamborghini? I think his car is Aston Martin, the white one that stands out very much among the other cars.” Han Sun Hee suddenly joined. Which Yoona clearly knew that she is one of Jonghyun’s hardcore fan right since he moved to Hanhwa.

“Seriously? Woah I wonder how rich he is… or maybe his family. Isn’t he one of chaebol?” the other responded. “Isn’t he, Doctor Im?”

Yoona closed the locker and facing them all. “I don’t know. Having two luxury cars for a success surgeon and also a member of WSMT maybe is not a big deal.” She smiled. “Well, I have to warm up first.” She excused herself and left the room immediately. She walked in a hurry towards the running track which is located at the backyard of Hanhwa Hospital and found that Jonghyun is already there, doing a push up on the ground. Gosh, why he looks so hot even in training suit…

“Hey.” He stood up as soon as he saw Yoona is approaching him. “Why you’re frowning like that?”

“People are talking about your car already…” Yoona answered while doing a warm up. “It excalated so quickly…”

Jonghyun just snorted and following with a small laughter. “People sometimes are so funny. Having two cars is not a big deal at all but they make it very big.”

“Some of them are even asking me if you’re a chaebol or not. Based on your lifestyle…” Yoona commented, trying to avoid Jonghyun’s gaze. Why I’m asking him like that? Because I, myself, wanted to know about him also. About his family background… For me, it’s not about he’s a chaebol or not, I’m just curious why he seems to avoid anything about his family…

“Woah, you guys talked a lot in the morning. Let’s just run.” Jonghyun ruffles Yoona’s hairs and started to run. “Let’s run a few laps.”

No answer… Yoona just sighed as she watched him started to run. “Wait for me!” she finally gave up and following him.

 

* * *

 

“Seriously guys, you two are dating and we didnt have any celebration?” Jonghoon blurted out as soon as he put down his lunch tray on the table and joined Yoona, Jonghyun and Yuri who already started having their lunch in hospital cafetaria.

“Aish, why you’re so noisy. Just sit and enjoy your lunch before your pager is beeping.” Yoona grimaced and pulled down Jonghoon’s arm, forced him to sit. While Jonghyun just chuckled.

“I demand a luxury dinner.” Jonghoon is still blabbering while munching his food. “Who’s with me?”

“Me!” Yuri raised her hand. “Italian?”

“Just go and having a dinner for you both. Maybe it can help you to become a couple for real.” Yoona stucked out her tongue to Jonghoon and Yuri.

“Aish, so childish. Jonghyun will agre, won’t you?” Jonghoon turned to Jonghyun, asking for agreement. “I’m the one who introduce you to Yoona. Remember?”

“Fine. You choose, guys.” Jonghyun said calmly, earning a excitement applause from Yuri and Jonghoon. “But by the way, I already met Yoona before you even introduce me to her, hyung,” he added, looking amused.

“Aish, forget it. A promise is a promise.” Jonghoon waved his hands in a hurry, afraid Jonghyun might change his mind. “By the way—“ his words suddenly being cut because the pagers are beeping. Not only his pager, but strangely the pagers are beeping. They took out their pagers in unison and frowned as they saw no info on the pager. And seems like the others were experiencing the same, because the cafetaria suddenly crowded with the curiosity.

“Is there something error? Why everyone’s pagers are beeping in unison while there are no specific info?” Yuri let out the curiosity.

“Usually if it’s like this, an important announcement will follow after that. The pagers were beeping so all attentions must turned to the announcement.” Jonghoon answered. And he was right, before he continued to talk, the hospital’s speaker suddenly .

 

“Attention. Code Blue. VVIP. We repeat, Code Blue. VVIP. To all of doctors in Cardiology, Critical Care, Diagnostic Imaging, All Surgical, Internists Departments please attend the confidential urgent meeting in the Conference Room #1 right now. Thank you.”

 

They didn’t need to talk after hearing the announcement. Jonghyun, Jonghoon, and all the doctors who were being mentioned left the cafetaria in a hurry. They know it’s a very important person. Not so many people are in VVIP list. And if all of doctors were called like this, then there must be something that very urgent.

“Can’t we enter the conference room? I want to know what happen!” Yuri said desperately. “And who’s the patient!!”

“Hey, we can watch the meeting in restricted room!” one of the unrelated doctors suddenly spoke up while looking at her phone. “It said that all of doctors can watch it but there are some rules. Keep it as a very confidential news, don’t be in talk with any journalists, don’t create any mess, don’t create an uproar, if you’re on duty then you have to make the other patients on top priority, and if any doctors have some opinion about the diagnosed are welcome to speak up.”

Yoona, Yuri, and the others didn’t need to tell about the rules twice. They rushed to the one of restricted room which can be accessed only by doctors. There is a big screen over there which connected with the camera on the conference room. When they arrived there, the meeting has just started. Yoona found that her Dad is leading the conference. And even all of the professors are there in the front seats. The room became silent as Director Im started to talk.

“Good afternoon. As we already heard the announcement and the rules, I hope all of us can be cooperative.” Director Im opened the meeting while the screen started to show a patient’s file. Yoona, and the others, when she recognized who’s the patient. Although they didn’t show any names, but they finally knew the sign.

“Oh my God, it’s our CEO...” Yuri looks very shocked.

“An hour ago, our CEO is having a heart attack, not a heavy one. Professor Seo, Professor Han and I are in charge. Fortunately, our CEO already overcome it and right now he’s in the VVIP Intensive Care Room #1.” The slides are changing into an Xray of a thorax. “As we know that our CEO already experienced it since three years ago and we already made any things to reduce and to recover it, it has a great result until last year, he shows a great improvement. But suddenly it became worse again lately. And this is the fourth time in these 3 months that our CEO is experiencing a heart attack. After a long examination, we came up with the result that we have to do an operation.”

“Is this the first operation, Director Im?” one of doctor asked, and since Yoona couldn’t see the audience so she didnt have any idea who’s asking.

“No. We’ve already performed Angioplasty one year ago, Doctor Pyo. Due to CEO’s condition right now, we have to perform Bypass surgery.” Director Im answered the question.

“Bypass is a very major surgery, isn’t it...” one of the doctor who watched from the restricted room commented. “I wonder how bad our CEO’s condition is. He always looks healthy whenever he visited us.”

The others nodded in agreement. “But it’s been a while that I never see him again in hospital. He must be very busy. That’s why...”

Yoona just silently agree with the conversation beside her while still watching the screen. Right now his Dad is explaining the detail of which part that need a treatment. Although she didn’t really understand since it’s not her specialty. She kept watching when the other Professors and the Doctors gave some opinions, just in case there’s something were being missed by all of the professors-in-charge. Since it’s about a person who’s in the very top of priority list in Hanhwa, they didnt want to risk anything and make any mistakes.

“Okay, the surgery will be held tomorrow morning at 10 am. As we’ve already mentioned before that I, Professor Han and Professor Seo will lead the operation. Professor Min, Professor Shim and Professor Kim will be our substitute. Chief Jung, Chief Choi dan Chief Kang will assist us, along with Surgeon Lee. The other doctors who’s in the list please remain on the observer room and be ready if we need a substitute.” Said Director Im, while the scree showing a list of doctors-in-charge. Almost all of the doctors are consist of Professors and Chief Unit. Except one name.

“Yoona...” Yuri even couldn’t finish her words because someone from the conference room already spoke up.

“Surgeon Lee will be an assistant along with the other Chief??? Lee Jong Hyun?? But he’s just an Attending!” the protested voice, which Yoona recognized from Yoo Jung In was heard. “What’s going on, Director?? This is a major operation of our CEO. We do understand if only the Chief and all professors are in charge, even we, the Attending, didn’t reach that level yet. But what’s with Surgeon Lee??? This is not fair!”

“Surgeon Yoo, all audience, please calm down.” Im Hee Sung said with full of authority voice, made the audience are silent, even for the audience who were watching outside. “We didn’t put Surgeon Lee’s name there without any reasons. And all of us, the doctors-in-charge already agreed about that.”

“What’s the reason, Director?? Although he is a member of WSMT, but our hospital shouldn’t do something risky like that for our CEO’s surgery!” another voice was heard. Seems like all the protests are came from the other Attending doctors.

Where is he... How I wish I can see him right now. I want to know how’s his feeling, being protested there and there while he didnt do anything wrong. Yoona thought while biting her lips, feeling anxious.

“We do said that there are a few reasons why we agreed that Surgeon Lee has to join the main team, although he’s still an Attending. Of course because he’s the member of WSMT, his skill is no doubted and also his experience with bypass surgery.”

“It still doesn’t make sense, Director!” Yoo Jung In’s voice was heard again. “It’s too risky to put him as the main team.”

“Excuse me, Director Im. Can I speak something?” a voice suddenly heard from the right side, which made the room suddenly turned silent, also made Yoona just realized that actually the CEO’s wife was there since beginning.

“What’s going on...” Yoona muttered to Yuri, but only replied with clueless expression from her since all of them didn’t know what’s going on actually. Why the CEO’s wife suddenly talked in the middle of internal conflict.

“I apologize for all the doctors here. Actually, one of the reason why Surgeon Lee’s name is in the list is because of my personal request.” Explained the CEO’s wife. Earning another gasps from all the audiences, inside and outside.

“Yoongie, what’s going oooooon...” Yuri shake Yoona’s arm desperately. But none of them know the answer.

“We apologize if we created a fuss, Madam. But can we know what’s the reason of choosing Surgeon Lee as the main team?” the other voice was heard.

Yoona watched the screen carefully since she also wanted to hear the reason. But seems like the CEO’s wife didn’t answer the question straightly. She was staring at someone who’s in the audience seat, which somehow Yoona knew that it must be towards Jonghyun. But her expression is unreadable. “Jonghyun, you didn’t tel—“

“I’ll answer the question.” The voice, which Yoona really familiar of finally was heard. She saw through the screen when Jonghyun finally move forward and facing the audience. She held her breath as she wait what will happen. “I apologize if my name in the main team created a fuss. I do know that this is very unfair if we see it from medical and organization’s perspective. I sincerely apologize.” He bowed politely to all of people before continued to talk. “I also apologize because I didn’t introduce my self properly because I don’t think it’s necessary.” He paused a little. “But with this condition, I don’t have any other choices.”

“Yoona... what is he going to say?” Yuri asked while holding Yoona’s hand tightly. And before she can speak again, Jonghyun suddenly bowed to all of the audiences and continued to speak.

“I beg all of doctors permission here to let me join the team. I really beg it... Please let me join the team... if all of doctors couldn’t accept me as the doctors-in-charge, then... I beg the permissions as a son of CEO Lee.”

...

...

“OH MY GOD...!”

...

 

* * *

“Doctor Im—oh sorry, I don’t know that you’re on duty right now...”

Yoona just sighed when Kim Yoo Ra—one of her colleague in Pediatric Department—just barged into the examination room, which showed clearly that’s she’s still on duty. Actually Yoo Ra is not the first one. There were too many people came to see her since these three hours. What else? A fact that Lee Jong Hyun is a son of CEO Lee Jun Ha is really something that successfully made an uproar in the entire hospital. And since Jonghyun is nowhere to be seen right after the conferense ended, people who were curious started to find Yoona to dig more info, which is useless, because Yoona has no idea at all about that.

“He will get well very soon. It’s just a common flu.” Yoona smiled as she finished to examine her last patient, while talking to the kid’s mother. “He’ll need some vitamins and he’ll get healthy again.” She said as she wrote down the prescription and handed it to the mother. “Anything else that you may want to ask, Mrs?”

“No, Doctor. Thank you so much.” The mother bowed thankfully.

“You’re welcome. Get well soon, Jinhyuk-ah.” Yoona ruffled the kid’s hairs before he and his mother left the room. “Finish already?” she asked when Nurse Kim, who assist her today, entered the room.

“Yes, Doctor Im.” Nurse Kim answered while tidying the examination room. “You look so tired, Doctor.”

“Nee…” Yoona grimaced while massaging her temple. “Today’s patients are seriously no joke. I even couldn’t manage to go to the bathroom since there are so many patients outside.”

Nurse Kim smiled upon hearing Yoona’s response. “You seems more tired because of the news, Doctor Im. I’m sorry because there are still a few doctors who managed to enter the room before I can even warned them that you’re still on duty.”

Yoona just let out a soft sigh as she leaned her back on her chair and closed her eyes. “Nevermind, Nurse Kim. They must be very curious to death right now. But what are they expecting from me?”

“You’re Surgeon Lee’s girlfriend after all, Doctor Im.”

Yoona just smiled bitterly. “Yeah, but I didn’t know anyt—“ her words are being cutted because the door suddenly are being opened in a hurry, and made them feels surprised. But what makes Yoona more surprised is the person who opened the door. It’s the face that just missed for a few hours after the shocking announcement.

“Oh, Doctor Lee!” Nurse Kim is the first to react and bowed towards him. She hurriedly took the folders from Yoona and excused herself. Leaving only Yoona and Jonghyun who were staring at each other with unreadable expression.

Or maybe I can read his expression, but not his eyes. He looks so tired. Totally tired. Not just physically, but mentally. Yoona thought quietly and didn’t make any moves nor let out any voices as she saw Jonghyun closed the door and approach her.

“Have a talk with me?” Jonghyun asked with his husky and tired voice. “Let’s get some fresh air.”

“Are you off duty already?” Yoona asked but avoiding his gaze. “How’s our CEO’s condition right now?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer her but approaching her closer. He grabbed her hands and pulled her softly. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

 


Hello again

I made an update quite fast this time :D

Whenever I want to reveal something in this story, usually I updated it a bit faster since I'm also in excitement. LoL just like the chapter when I revealed that he has a twin and he also has PTSD.

well, pls expect a few plot twists later :)

and also thank you so much for keep reading this story. Love u all. I always read your comment alth I can't still reply it one by one but I really love to read it all. it gives me so much positive energy :)

see ya next chapter.