Chapter 23 - Worst Part

Prescription For Love

“This is something that I’ve found in Jaehyun’s room.”

Yonghwa took Yoona’s phone which showed a picture of a page that has an email and a question on there. He frowned. “What is this? And how did you find it? Because the police, and even us, have searched in Jaehyun’s entire room. But we never found anything on the bookshelves or in his published books or his notes. Nor even a paper inside the book.”

“It’s not written on the separated paper. I just randomly look at the medical books, and there’s a book that caught my eyes. Actually it’s really looks like the similar medical books because of the title, but if you look carefully, it’s not a medical book. It’s a finance related book. And I don’t know why I kept flipped the page until I found it on the last page. Handwritten.”

“Have you checked it?”

Yoona shook her head. “I know it’s an email. But I didn’t know what should I do with that. Last night,  I’ve tried to check Jonghyun’s phone—when he fell asleep in the plane—but there’s no email related to this address. Also, I’ve tried to input this on the login page with ‘forgot password’… and the security question that showed is like this question.” Yoona pointed at the question below the email address. “I guess this must be the hint for the password of this email address. I don’t dare to try any possibility, I’m afraid it will lock that address if I just guess it randomly. I think it’s better to ask you, Yonghwa-ssi. You know Jaehyun the best.”

Yonghwa stared at the picture silently. Seems like he’s thinking about the possibility answer. “Seems like we can guess this so easily. I’m also afraid if we ruined the password.” Yonghwa said with serious tone. “I think I have to ask my aunt and uncle first. Do you mind if I call you again later, Doctor Im? Because maybe I will need your help again in short time. But if you’re busy in hosp—“

“No, I will help if you need it.” Yoona said in firm tone. She then stood up and took her bag. “I’ll go back to hospital. Please don’t hesitant to call me.”

“Thank you, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa said as he escorted her until the elevator. “And it’s better not to tell anything to Jonghyun for now.”

“I know. See you then, Yonghwa-ssi.”

“Safe drive, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa nodded his head. After the elevator closed, he went back to his office room and grabbed his phone. “Aunty, can I ask something? It’s important—or I guess this is important. Say aunty, what will the possibility answer if I asked you what is the most precious thing for Jaehyun?”

 

* * *

“Busy morning?” That was the first words from Jonghyun as soon as Yoona picked up her phone while walking towards the ward. When she went to meet Yonghwa in his office, she knew Jonghyun called her once, but since it’s a secret visit, so she didn’t dare to answer his call until she arrived at the hospital.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize that my phone is still in my bag. That’s why I didn’t see you were calling before…”

“Nevermind. Do you have enough rest? Take one more day off. I’m pretty sure they will have a mercy towards someone who just landed yesterday morning.”

“Look who’s talking…” Yoona said in joking tone. “The one who told me to take one day off, is the one who’s already sitting behind his desk in his office room earlier than me. Have you had breakfast?” she asked while mouthing a thank you to Nurse Cha who handed her the files of the patients. “Jonghyun?”

“Hm?”

“I’m asking, have you had… wait! Don’t tell me you hadn’t!”

“Well, you know—“

“No. I don’t know! Go tell your secretary or your assistant to get a breakfast for you.” Yoona’s voice turned serious. “Lee Jonghyun!”

“Okay…” Jonghyun’s voice sounded surrendered. “I’ll get some coffee…”

“And?”

“Coffee is enough already, isn’t it?”

“…”

“Okay, I’ll get one sandwich also. Happy, Doctor?”

“Well, not that happy, but at least you’ll have something inside your empty stomach…” Yoona said in fake sad tone although her lips just formed a smile. “Don’t you ever dare to skip your lunch for today, okay?!”

“Yes, ma’am.” Jonghyun chuckled over the phone. “I’ll pick you up tonight.”

“Okay. Have a good day, Jonghyun.”

“I love you.” That was Jonghyun’s response before he ended the call, which made Yoona left with a blissful smile.

“So, Doctor Im, did CEO Lee propose to you in New York??” Nurse Cha and Nurse Hana suddenly asked with full of excitement as soon as Yoona finished the call.

“What?” Yoona raised her eyebrows. “No, he didn’t. Where did you hear that gossip?” she asked, slightly feel amused with the rumour that she just heard.

“It’s because you appeared in gossip column, Doctor Im.”

“Gossip column? What’s that?” Yoona tilted her head and surprised when she saw Hana’s phonescreen. “And since when you guys read Daily Business?” rather than annoyed, she feels amused because it’s a very rare occasion for people who worked in medical field to read daily news about business and financial.

“Since Doctor Lee turned into CEO. He appeared almost every day in any kind of business news, Doctor Im.” Nurse Hana answered while grimacing. “Including in gossip column since the media looks so interested in his personal life. They wrote that CEO Lee went abroad to propose to his girlfriend. They even took some candid of you and CEO Lee, Doctor Im. But none of them successfully captured your face clearly.”

“Yeah you’re right, Nurse Hana…” Yoona muttered as she looked at the pictures of Jonghyun and her at the entrance of the airport, before they entered the VIP gate. Actually at that time, she’s wearing a hoodie and sunglasses. It was Jonghyun who told her that it’s better to dress like that. Although at that time she didn’t even understand the purpose clearly, but now she knew. So it’s to protect me from those paparazzi… Yoona talked in her mind. Actually, Jonghyun never brought about those things up. It looks like he’s very aware that he’s under the spotlight of paparazzi right now but he never show it off to Yoona. He tried to keep Yoona’s privacy from the media without making her feels uneasy with the situation. How nice of him… Still thinking of me when he already has too much burdens on his shoulder… And his answer when Yoona said why there are some security staffs at the hospital when the Chairman has already discharged and have his treatment at his house… he said that they are needed to be there to make sure there won’t be any media come to get some informations and disturbed the hospital activities. Thanks to that, Yoona found that her life is still at ease and away from media.

Suddenly being emotional and thankful at the same time, it makes her want to give him anything that she could give at her best.

 

Im Yoon Ah

Let’s have a dinner at my house. I’ll cook for you. Tell me what you want to eat.

 

Jonghyun’s reply comes in a second.

 

Lee Jong Hyun

Really? Wow! I feel blessed so sudden. Anything you want to cook, I’ll eat those all for sure.

 

Yoona smiled upon reading his reply and put back the phone to her pocket then turned at Nurse Cha and Nurse Hana again. “Let’s have a morning visit.” She smiled.

“Oh, I really want to have a boyfriend too… Look, how bright of you in this rainy morning, Doctor Im…” Nurse Cha whined while Nurse Hana just chuckled while walking along with Yoona to the ward.

 

* * *

 

“How come this was missed from our sight, Detective Park?” Yonghwa asked to someone who’s sitting in front of him while looking at the picture on his phone.

“You said that she found it in the middle of Jaehyun’s medical books, right? It’s because both of us aren’t from medical field, that’s why if there’s an unusual title between those books, it doesn’t ring a bell for us before. Beside, we didn’t manage to flip all pages of each book one by one. We only searched if there must be something—perhaps a letter—in those books, but there was none…”

Yonghwa nodded as he got the point. “So, you’re right about saying that with Jonghyun’s presence there, we might can find a clue… But do you think this might be a clue? I mean, what if… it’s just a random thing?”

“Jonghyun said that Jaehyun only loves to write a quote on his books. He said that when he got the hypnotheraphy. That’s also the reason why we didn’t have the idea of flipping the book page one by one…”

“So do you think this is an email with a password? I’ve tried to log in twice but it failed. And also this email didn’t have any other linked email or phone that’s why the password couldn’t be recovered…”

“What did you type as the password?” Detective Park Yoo Sou—whom since beginning always wanted to find the truth behind these all, not only for the sake of his position, but also because he already considered Yonghwa and the twins as his real younger brothers since they often played together when they were kids.

“Jonghyun. Lee Jonghyun. I’ve tried both but none of them are the right password…” Yonghwa murmured.

“How about asking to Chairman and Madam Lee?”

“That’s the answer that they gave me.” Yonghwa sighed.

“How about asking Jonghyun?” Detective Park offered another way. “Since they’re twins… I think sometimes they might have the same thought in their minds eventhough they’re separated… Just ask freely, so he won’t notice or feel suspicious…”

Yonghwa thought for a while before he finally nodded and took his phone. “Give me ten minutes to call him, then.” He stood up and about to leave the room, but then he turned to Detective Park once again. “By the way, Detective Park. Did she already leave Seoul?”

“She’s not leaving yet. But seems like she took your words seriously when you told her not to go near to Jonghyun anymore.” Detective Park answered. “What’s with this out of blue question?”

“I don’t know. I just remembered about her suddenly.” Yonghwa mumbled. “I mean, Jonghyun just made an official announcement that he is in a relationship with the daughter of Hanhwa Hospital’s Director. I’m just wondering what if… she comes and distract them… Inform me her location later, Detective Park. I think I should keep my eye on her.”

“Got it.” Detective Park nodded. “Do you think the password will be her name?”

“Tiffany? No.” Yonghwa shook his head without any doubt. “He might love her but I think Tiffany’s position won’t be as high as Jonghyun for Jaehyun himself.”

Detective Park nodded. “Well then, it means we have no clue except to ask Jonghyun indirectly…”

 

*

 

“Yes, hyung?”

“Hey, I want to ask you a question…”

Jonghyun, who was reading a document, furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at his phone which is on speaker right now. “What? You sounds very serious…”

“I am.” Yonghwa answered from the line. “You know, Seohyun just asked me something that I found it hard to answer.”

“What? The reason why you’re not proposing yet?” Jonghyun asked, half smiling.

“Shut up!” Yonghwa hissed. “Hey, Jjong, tell me what kind of answer that I should say…”

“And what’s the question?”

“What is the precious thing in my life…”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows as he heard the question. “And what’s with this sudden kind of question? What were you talking about before?”

“My future… with her…”

“And what’s your answer?”

“Yya! If I already answered it then I won’t call you! I said that let me think about it first…”

Jonghyun shook his head while slightly smiling. “I wonder why Seohyun noona still want to be on your side… You should give an answer right away, you know, hyung. Say it’s her!”

“Yya, do you think it’s easy? She might think that I’m just trying to get her heart—which I already did. I believe she wanted an honest answer. I bet you wouldn’t answer ‘you’ when Yoona asked you the same thing!”

Jonghyun thought for a second before he responded. “She’s one of my most precious...”

“One of? And why it sounds like you have so many?”

“Hey, my twin is also the most precious thing in my life… even you—okay, no crying of happiness, please…”

“Huh, you really made me want to hug you right now…” Yonghwa laughed. “But thank you, I think I should answer the way you did. I will say there are a few precious things in my life. One of them is her…”

“Hey, you’re copying my words!” Jonghyun protested.

“Don’t you ever dare to mention this to Seohyun. Okay, talk to you later. Thank you, brother.” And with that, Yonghwa ended the call, leaving Jonghyun whom could only shake his head because of his cousin’s childish act and continue to work again.

Meanwhile on the other side, Yonghwa is back to the room where Detective Park waited for him. “Hyung, I think I’ve got the answer… Since it said the 'most precious thing', try to type 'my twin'..."

 

*

 

“How many hours has passed since the article about Jonghyun formally announced that he’s in a relationship with Doctor Im?” Yonghwa asked to his personal assistant on the phone. “Send some bodyguards to Doctor Im right now. Find out where she is and guard her, but you have to make sure that she didn’t notice their presences. Got it? Okay, I’m counting on you.” He hung up the phone with the worry look on his face as Detective Park drove the car quietly beside him. “Should I send my people to find out where she is?”

“I’ve already did. They will inform us when they found her—or them.” Detective Park answered and turned the wheel to the left, entering the grand entrance of Lee’s main house. The security bowed at them as their car passed by and stopped right in front of the main building. The Head Secretary of Lee’s family already waited for them as they went out from the car.

“Master and Madam Lee are waiting for you in Master’s Working Room on the second floor, Young Master.”

“Thank you, Secretary Han.” Yonghwa and Detective Park nodded and went to the second floor in a hurry.

“What did you get, Yonghwa, Yoo Sou?” Madam Lee asked when they finally entered the room. Chairman Lee is also there, sitting in the wheelchair, looks much healthier than the last time Yonghwa saw him.

“First of all, imo…” Yonghwa started to speak with tense voice. “Did you know about Jaehyun’s medical record?”

 

*

 

“We know about that when he was five years old. That is birth defect, called ventricular septal defect. That’s the reason why he’s not as healthy as Jonghyun. That’s why we tried all kind of treatment to make him healthy, to get rid of that. We never told the other people about his real illness. Even Jonghyun. And Jaehyun also showed a good progress, he’s getting healthier and healthier day by day… Until one point, the Doctor told us that finally he only need to regular check every month. We feel relieved. We always accompanied him whenever he went to the hospital, Jonghyun also, but we never let him to know the truth. We told him that it’s just a regular check up for Jaehyun due to birth defect and nothing to worry—that kind of answer also requested from Jaehyun. He never want to let Jonghyun know his real illness. And then… after two or three post regular check up, Jaehyun told us that he can do it by himself every month. He convinced us by telling that he’s healthy enough already and since nothing to worry anymore, he didn’t need to be accompanied. At first, we insisted that we still want to accompany him. But he keep refused, until we finally let him what he wanted to do since he showed us the result of the check up that he recovered already. So, starting at that time… he went to the hospital alone, but he always told us his latest condition…” Madam Lee finally couldn’t hold her tears anymore as she told the story. “But… when he died… we finally found that all the things that they told us about his condition…”

“Are the opposite from the reality…” Yonghwa finished his aunt’s words with hurtful voice. He also couldn’t hold his tears when he realized the truth. “Why you never told me about this, imo? And more important… why you never told this to Jonghyun?”

“Because that’s what Jaehyun wanted.” Chairman Lee spoke up. For the first time, Yonghwa found his uncle looks very burdened and sad. “When Doctor Frans told us about the truth of Jaehyun’s health condition, the same day of Jaehyun’s death, he also passed the message from Jaehyun for us, to not let Jonghyun know whatever the circumstance is…” a big despair contained in his voice. “While on the other hands, we made a mistake and lost our chance to talk with Jonghyun... until now…” He sighed heavily. “I admit it was a very big mistake that I and your aunt made to Jonghyun at that time. We blame him, we were very shocked about the accident, and lost one of our boys, and the information that we got at that time is because they’re fighting over something… I admit I was not in my right mind at that time. I blame him. I blame my son, who didn’t know anything at all… I blame him, while actually we, the parents, are the one who should be blamed… And I can’t take my words back… because he took it and turn his back for us… We know we hurted him so deeply… and we know we’ve failed as a parents…”

Yonghwa turned silent as he understand the situation. He also realized the situation… if his uncle told Jonghyun the truth after they blamed him… he knows—for sure—that Jonghyun won’t believe them. He must thought that it’s just an excuse—or a fake reason that created to prevent him to blame himself as the cause of Jaehyun’s death. He knew Jonghyun’s character very well, as well as his uncle and aunt did.

“Yonghwa, what is the reason of you and Detective Park brought this topic suddenly? Is it related to the accident?” Chairman Lee suddenly asked after a long silence.

Yonghwa and Detective Park exchanged a glance before Yonghwa started to speak up again. “I don’t know how to explain it, samchon… I apologize because it may sounds impolite, but I think samchon and imo should read it by yourself…” he handed the laptop to his uncle and aunt. “It’s… it’s just too sad… for me to read it again…”

 

 

Date XX Month XX Year XX

This is me again. I wrote this after I came back from hospital. As I wrote before, I know this illness will turn worse and worse. And I think it almost reached the worst point. I am afraid. To be honest, I’m so afraid. No, I’m not afraid of the death. I’m afraid of seeing my twin looked at me with depressed, sad, hopeless looks over me. I don’t want it to happen. I don’t want to look so weak in front of him. I don’t want to be his burden. I already caused him too much trouble since we were kids, I don’t want to make him waste his time just to look after me everytime after he knew the truth. That’s why I don’t want him to know. I want him to be free, I don’t want him to feel burdened because of me. Tell me what should I do, please…

*

Date XX Month XX Year XX

I think… it’s the best for everyone, especially for my twin. It won’t make any difference since I also only have short time left… I think that is the best way to disappear. With that, I won’t ever find him stared at me with his sad eyes…

*

Date XX Month XX Year XX

I’m sorry, Jonghyun hyung. I’m very sorry. But I think that will be the best way for me to disappear. I’m sorry for being such a selfish person, but I really want you to have a normal life, without worrying over your weak twin… I just hope you won’t blame yourself after it happened. Because it’s not your fault. All of those… are my plans since beginning… I’m sorry, hyung…

 

 

“Oh God…” Madam Lee covered her face which already full of tears. “Oh God… what… why did you… oh, God, my son…” she even couldn’t talk properly because of the shocking fact that she just found out. While Chairman Lee totally looks like he just lost his soul right now.

“Chairman, Madam, I’m sorry for this situation… but perhaps, this is the answer of all the questions that we have since beginning.” Detective Park started to speak carefully. “Now, the statement from the witness at that time, saying that the car at the front suddenly speeding up… perhaps this is the answer. It’s because…” He paused for a while, found it hard to continue since everyone is still in big shock with the new facts. “He might did it on purpose…”

“So…” Chairman Lee spoke up with broken voice. “That is a suicide…” he didn’t ask. His words is more like a statement. Although he also couldn’t believe with what he just said.

“I said it might, Chairman Lee. Because there is another fact that we’ve found.” Detective Park scrolled the drafts that left on the email. “I’m afraid this is also related.” He opened another draft. “And if this is also related… I’m afraid it’s very bad…”

 

* * *

 

Im Yoon Ah

I'm going home. Make sure to show up not that late, or the invitation for dinner at my house won't valid anymore.

 

It only took a few seconds until Jonghyun replied.

 

Lee Jonghyun

Noted, Doctor. I will finish in 1 or 2 hours. Safe drive

 

Yoona smiled and put the phone on the seat beside her as she started to drive her car, leaving the hospital. It took around thirty minutes until she finally arrived at her apartment. She parked her car at her reserved lot. As she went out, someone suddenly ran into her with panic expression.

“Can you help me please? My sister is having an asthma. I want to bring her to the hospital but I need someone to hold the oxygen mask for her!” he started to speak very fast. “Oh, you are a doctor??” he noticed the tag that still hung on Yoona’s neck—which she usually forgot to take it out until she arrived at house and want to take a shower. “Can you help me please, Doctor???”

“Okay, calm down. Where is your sister?” Yoona tried to calm him and walked in a hurry to the car that he pointed out. Something is flashing through her mind but she ignored since she’s in a emergency situation. She entered the black mercedez car which that guy opened for her at the second row, but as soon as she entered, someone suddenly covered with a thing—she couldn’t even gather her mind what kind of thing is that—all she remembered is the chlroform scent and it went dark.

 

 

 

 


Hi, hello, it's me again.

Hopefully you guys are still there to read the rest of the story.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I also read all the comments and the messages and I feel very happy to know all your responses.

This story is going to end. Perhaps a few chapters left. I will finish this one first and move to my previous story. That one also need to be finished.

Thank you very much once again. Oh and also, sorry for this chapter, perhaps it's not well written, but I hope you still get the plot (hopefully :D)

See ya next chapter