Chapter 19 - New Chapter of Work

Prescription For Love

“So, this is his last day as Hanhwa’s surgeon officially?” Yuri asked while she and Yoona were heading to cafeteria to have a lunch together the next day.

Yoona nodded, feels a bit sad, although she didn’t show it. “Seems like it will be officially announced through the weekly conference this afternoon.”

“Aaah… that’s why it will be held at 4pm. I mean… usually weekly conference always held on Wednesday morning.” Yuri nodded in understand. “By the way, I saw you with him this morning.”

“What’s wrong if I’m with him?” Yoona asked back while seating herself.

“Both of you went out from his car.”

“Then?”

“As you said, he lives in Gangnam. Who will drive from Gangnam to Jamsil just to pick up one person, while he only needs ten minutes to drive from his house to Hanhwa.”

“Jonghyun.” Yoona answered calmly. “He often pick me up, if he have a spare time in the morning.”

“Heol.” Yuri snorted. “You sure are lucky to get a guy like him. Totally a jackpot.”

“Where’s Jonghyun?” Jonghoon, who just joined them for lunch, butted in.

“Having a lunch together with his residents outside. Farewell treat.” Yoona answered. “It supposed to be dinner but…”

“But you boycotted him.” Yuri finished Yoona’s words. “Only his residents? The other member in Surgical Department? As I saw, Surgeon Yoo is still here.”

Yoona shook her head. “He’s sick with people who treated him differently after he became CEO. They are included. He prefer to be with his residents this time. For the rest, there are still a plenty of time in the future.”

“How about us?”

“Tsk. Don’t act like a stranger.” Jonghoon patted Yuri’s head playfully. “Among all doctors in Hanhwa, we’re his closest colleagues. So don’t act like the others.”

“True.” Yoona nodded in agreement.

“Beside, there’s also a possibility he will back as a surgeon again. He did this role due to our previous CEO’s condition, right?” Jonghoon spoke again, which earned another nod from Yoona.

Yuri stared at Yoona for a moment before she spoke again, “you seems very bright today, Yoong. It’s so different from yesterday. Did you guys make it up?”

Yoona just nodded lightly with a smile. “He took back his words.”

“Of course he should.” Yuri nodded in agreement and stared at Yoona again for a while. “Yoong, after lunch, let’s go to my office for a moment. I just bought a new liptint. The color is really pretty.” She said with full of excitement, which earned a sighed from Jonghoon.

“Girls…”

 

 

 

“Where is it, then?” Yoona asked when she and Yuri entered Yuri’s office.

Yuri approached her bag and took out a concealer and throw it at Yoona. “None. But I want to give you this, actually. Cover your neck. I can see there are a few marks on it.”

Yoona gasped and went to the mirror in a hurry to check her neck. “Eiy, your eyes are seriously no joke. I covered it so well this morning. No one can even see it. How can you noticed it…” she tutted her tongue but still applied the concealer to make a double—or multiple perhaps, since she already covered continuously this morning—covers on it.

Yuri sat on her chair while grinning widely. “So, what happened last night?”

Yoona put back the concealer on Yuri’s bag and sat on the patient’s chair. “Nothing.”

“Nothing? He just bit your neck out of blue?” Yuri raised her eyebrows, teasing Yoona.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Just what normal couple did. He came to my house and we kissed and I can’t believe why I’m telling you this.”

“Seems like it was a passionate kiss.” Yuri said happily. “So, you guys slept together??”

“No!!” Yoona denied in a hurry. “It’s not like what you imagined.”

Yuri raised her eyebrows and smiling mischievously. “So you did sleep together.”

Yoona sighed, knowing it’s hard to hide anything from Yuri. “In real meaning.” She mumbled. It’s true, actually. Last night, after they watched movies and have another chit chat, they finally decided to rest. They went into the different room, but 30 mins later, Yoona went out from her room to get a glass of water since she suddenly feel thirsty and found that the light in the guest room is still on. Curious about what’s wrong with him, Yoona knocked on his door then found that Jonghyun is studying on his laptop, and she decided to accompany him for a while, but turned out she fell asleep in his arm, until morning.

“You still were cuddling into each other, tho. I guess those marks are the limit.” Yuri grinned. “Wow, I adore Jonghyun for his gentleman’s act. He can restrain himself. I mean, he lives in overseas for a long time, which has a different life style with us…”

“He’s very conservative, for your information.” Yoona proudly said.

“Oh, why I heard a disappointment tone in your voice?” Yuri started to again. “Are you desperate that much to feel him inside you?? I bet you even already imagined him in front of you.”

“OH MY GOD, Kwon Yuri!” Yoona threw the tissue to her. “Just because you’re an Obgyn, doesn’t mean there’s no filter in your words. Fortunately you’re not a pediatrician. The parents might afraid to bring their kids because of your dirty mouth.” She rolled her eyes, while Yuri just laughed in satisfaction.

 

* * *

“Thank you so much for these five months. I know I still didn’t give much help for Hanhwa and the team, I really apologize and also very thankful.”

Yoona watched the person who was standing in front of all doctors who were attending the afternoon conference. And it was none other than her boyfriend, who give a few words before he turned completely into a CEO tomorrow.

“I also apologize for my behavior behore. Intentionally or not. Especially these days, so many news came out and I didn’t even give a proper answer or statement about that. So, if there is still something that left unanswered by me, please feel free to ask me. Perhaps, after the conference has ended—“

“CEO Lee, I’m sorry but please just let me ask one question in this conference. I’m sure all people are also curious. Will you back to Hanhwa as surgeon again? As we heard that you replaced the previous CEO due to health condition. So, is there a possibility you’ll come back as surgeon after our previous CEO has fully recovered?” One of doctor in surgical unit, asked.

Yoona noticed that Jonghyun seems a bit uneasy when that doctor addressed him as CEO—already. As Yoona knew, that doctor who just questioned him, is on the same grade with him, Jonghyun is even younger by age. And there’s another thing on his expression. The thing that always appeared on his expression whenever he’s being asked about what will happen in the future for him? Will he continue to be a surgeon or not.

“There’s a possibility, of course, Doctor Kim.” Jonghyun let out his ‘formal’ smile. “As we knew that the decision for Lee Enterprise Group is in shareholders’ hands. I hope they’ll decide what’s best for LE Group, including Hanhwa in it.”

If someone asked Yoona whether Jonghyun is honestly talking or not, she even couldn’t answer it right now. She noticed Jonghyun’s expression is so hard to read. She even didn’t know what he actually thought. Or did he already know what will happen in the future… No, if he wants, he can be so hard to read, like now.

“Well. Then, I guess that’s all. Once again, I apologize for all my mistakes and my behavior in the past. And thank you very much.” With that, he made a proper bow along with the applause from the audience.

“You should be proud of him…” Yuri muttered while still clapping. “He’s very strong. If I’m on his shoes, I’d probably stressed out all day because of the sudden scary change in my life. But look at him, he acted like there’s nothing to worry about. He made it like being a surgeon and then being a CEO in next day is something that he can handle so well… Daebak…”

Yoona stared at Jonghyun, who was shaking hands with the head of departments. “I am, Yul. So much.”

 

* * *

“Are you okay?”

“You’ve been asking me the same question for the umpteenth time since two hours ago, Im Yoona.” Jonghyun answered while his eyes are still locking on the iPad screen. But this time, it’s a different iPad. There’s no Hanhwa Hospital’s logo behind it anymore which the doctors, including him, usually brought everywhere in all day. As for this time, the iPad is already changed into a new one, for providing what he need as CEO of Lee Enterprise Group.

“I’m worry because you look like want to absorb all the information that you read at once. Your brain might be full and popped out.”

Jonghyun, who was sitting behind his work desk, glanced at Yoona, who was sitting on the couch in front of him. “You can go sleep first, Yoona. You shouldn’t wait for me. You have to be in hospital at morning, right?” he talked in concerned tone.

“You also have to present in the morning, Jonghyun.” Yoona rolled her eyes as he got up and approached Jonghyun. “Don’t mind me. But you should take a rest, even for a moment. You’ve been sitting and reading this one since two hours ago. You even almost didn’t move even an inch. At least, make yourself feel cozy, you’re overworking your brain already, please don’t do that on your body, also.”

Jonghyun pulled Yoona closer as she stood beside his chair. He linked his arms around Yoona’s waist and leaned his head on her flat stomach while Yoona is his hairs. With his eyes are still on the iPad, he asked, “When will you give me an answer?”

“Huh?”

Jonghyun raised his head to stare directly at Yoona’s eyes. “About me, asking you, to live with me.”

“My Dad will probably kill me if I’m living together with a guy without any—“

“I’m addicted, Yoona.” Jonghyun cut Yoona’s words with serious tone, although his gaze is still soft. “These two days we practically lives under the same rooftop, yesterday at your house, and tonight in mine. I have to admit I’m addicted. I never felt so peaceful when I was back from work and went home. But when you’re with me, it was so peaceful. I never feel so warm, so cozy, when I was sleeping. But I felt it for these two days. And you don’t have any idea how good the feeling is when I woke up and found you’re in my arms.” He smiled. “I know it won’t be always a beautiful scene in the future but as long as you’re still with me, I can handle it all. This is the first time I’m very sure about something, Yoona. And it’s you. I don’t have any doubt anymore. I want you.”

Although Jonghyun said it with casual tone, but Yoona can feel her eyes are almost getting teary because of the sincerity in his words. She caressed Jonghyun’s hairs lovingly. “It doesn’t mean that I don’t want, Jonghyun. It’s just…”

“I know.” Jonghyun smiled. “To be honest, if the situation is not like this, there’s no a stupid major difference suddenly happened,  I might already kneeled in front of you, holding a ring, asking you to marry me tonight… and I’m serious, Yoona.” He added when he saw Yoona was shocked with his words. He then hold Yoona’s hands and kissed it. “Can I ask you a favor, Yoona?”

“W—What?” Yoona found it’s hard to speak since she’s still very surprised.

“Please… don’t leave me. I have to manage all these things first, and when it’s done, I hope you’re still with me, so I can finally ask you, for real, to marry me… But please don’t leave me, Yoona… I know it will be hard in the future, please put your trust on me that I can handle these all so well then I’ll back to you and will be proudly asking you to be my wife.”

A tears escaped from the corner of Yoona’s eyes as she heard Jonghyun’s confession. Although it’s not a marriage proposal yet but it’s very touching for her. She can feel Jonghyun’s love in each words of him. She bent her upper body a little and gave him a soft peck on his lips. “I trust you. Please do your best, and fulfill your promise. Then when the time has come, I’ll happily say yes.”

Jonghyun’s lips formed a smile and in the next second, he stood up and cupped Yoona’s face to kiss her.

 

* * *

“I don’t know which one is hotter, ‘you’ in doctor coat, ‘you’ in casual clothes, or ‘you’ in business suit.” Yoona commented while helping to put a tie on Jonghyun. While herself are already wore a blue midi dress under her white coat. Both of them are ready to go to work. And for the first time, they’ll head to the different offices.

Jonghyun’s lips formed a smirk upon hearing Yoona’s words. “I think ‘me in no clothes’ is the hottest. You just haven’t see it… yet.”

Yoona can feel her cheeks turned red. “You and your dirty thought in the morning. And I almost thought that you probably didn’t do the ‘guy ritual’ like the others.”

“And what’s the ‘guy ritual’ means?” Jonghyun asked with furrowed eyebrows while following Yoona to go out from his room and heading to the kitchen to have a breakfast that Yoona already prepared.

Yoona grinned as she poured a coffee for Jonghyun and herself before she sat in front of him. “The thing that I asked last night before we sleep.”

“Aah… your ‘out-of-blue-curiosity’…” Jonghyun grimaced. “Fortunately your boyfriend is a doctor, too, so there’s no awkward or embarrassing situation when we talked about that kind of thing.”

Yoona just giggled. “That’s why I can ask you so freely like that. Well, it answered why a guy can wasted longer times in bathroom than woman… Although it only happened probably once in a month?”

“Im Yoona.” Jonghyun gave her a warning, an usual warning if sometimes Yoona spontaneously cursed something in front of him. Although it’s not a serious warning. “Why? It help me and you, you know.”

“Me???” Yoona asked in high pitched. “Why I’m also dragged into your ‘kind-of-activity’???”

Jonghyun flashed a smirk. “If I didn’t do it by myself… I might can’t control it when I’m with you.”

Yoona’s jaw dropped upon hearing Jonghyun’s naughty words. “Lee Jonghyun! Ugh, So ert!!” she grumbled as she threw the tea cloth to Jonghyun, who was laughing in satisfaction since he succeed of making Yoona blushed again.

“Oh God… You really brightened my mood, Yoona…” Jonghyun said after he finished laughing, although his face is still all smile. “I almost forgot that I’m going to enter a hell this morning.” He grimaced as he finished the breakfast, as well as Yoona, and put back his black coat. “You want to go together? I can drop you first in Hanhwa.”

“No, I brought my own car, Jonghyun.” Yoona shook her head while giving him a reassuring smile as they went out and entered the elevator.

“I’ll be picked up at the lobby. Let me send you until your car.” Jonghyun said as she pressed the ‘B2’ button on the elevator. He reached out Yoona’s hands and hold it tightly, until they arrived at the parking lot and stopped in front of Yoona’s car.

Yoona stared at him and feel slightly hurt when she realized that this time, they’re not heading to the same offices anymore. And seems like Jonghyun also feels it because he suddenly pulled her and gave her a tight hug for a while. “Reality is hard, huh?” she said with a bitter smile as they broke the hug.

Jonghyun exhaled a loud breath and slightly nodded. He raised his hand and caressed Yoona’s cheek. “You’re still here and I already miss you so much.”

Yoona smiled as she tiptoed and gave him a peck. “Good luck on your first day, CEO Lee. I love you.”

Jonghyun nodded and leaned forward to give her another kiss before Yoona entered her car. “Drive safely, and… I love you more.”

With a smile and a nod, Yoona entered her car and left the building.

 

 

 

“Hyung.”

“Yya, finally you call me? Not angry anymore?”

“Who said I’m angry?” Jonghyun frowned.

“Then why you never call me after the announcement, stupid??”

“I’m busy, hyung. And I know you are busier than me. Why you’re so sensitive. As if I ever angry towards you…” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Hyung, do you have a spare time today? Just for 30 mins?”

There’s a silent from Yonghwa’s side, seems like he’s asking his assistant about his schedule before he talked again, “At 3 pm?”

“Wait.” Jonghyun put away his phone and tilted his head to see Kim Jun Kyo—his executive assistant, because secretary Han is actually their family’s secretary, not for him only—who was sitting in front seat. “What’s the schedule at 3pm?”

“A meeting with Financial Department, Sir.”

“Can you reschedule it to 3.30?”

“But Sir—“

“I want to talk with hyung.”

“Yes, Sir. I’ll reschedule it.” Jun Kyo said in a hurry.

“Thank you.” Jonghyun said and continued to talk on phone. “I’ll see you at 3 pm then, hyung. Let’s meet outside.”

“Sure.” Yonghwa agreed. “And Jonghyun…” he paused a little before ended the talk. “Good luck, dongsaeng.”

“Thank you, hyung.”

On the front seat, Jun Kyo, his executive assistant, started to rearrange and informed the people-in-charge of the meeting. To be honest, he’s very tense right now. Becoming an Executive Assistant is something that many people wanted to do it, but since Jonghyun is the new CEO, he also didn’t have any idea about how’s his personality, that’s why he’s afraid if he did something that made him unpleasant so quickly. They probably shared the same age, or maybe Jun Kyo is only one or two years younger, but he can feel that his CEO, who was sitting on the back seat right now, is really something. Jonghyun’s aura even can be comparable with his father, which is one of the most successful CEO in Asia.

“What should I call you, Mr. Kim?” Jonghyun asked after he ended his phone.

“No, No, Sir. Please just address me Jun Kyo if it’s fine with you.”

“Okay. I’m fine with that.” Jonghyun casually answered. “Meet me in my office ten minutes before the first meeting with BOD started.”

“Yes, Sir.”

 

 

 

“Any special rules or few things that should be in my attention, Sir?” Jun Kyo asked after Jonghyun explained about what kind of job that Jun Kyo needs to do for him as his executive assistant. Actually, overall, it really sounds like a common job as assistant. That’s why Jun Kyo initiated to ask since he’s also amazed how simply his new boss is.

Jonghyun thought for a while. “I don’t know. What do you think?” he asked cluelessly.

“How about people who can enter your room, sir? Or your preferred kind of coffee to drink? Or else?”

“Just follow the common rules like you’re asking me first. And as long as you gave me an Americano or double shots of espresso, I’ll be okay. Amd about the people who can enter my room, I think there are two people you don’t need to ask for. Just let them in, anytime.” Jonghyun said. “One is Yonghwa hyung. And the other one is Im Yoona.”

“Oh, CEO Jung and Doctor Im, noted Sir.” Jun Kyo nodded his head politely.

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “You already knew about her, huh?”

“Forgive me, Sir. I learned your profile beforehand.” Jun Kyo bowed his upper body.

“What are you apologizing about?” Jonghyun grimaced. “Okay, that’s all. Oh, let me add it, don’t apologize too much except if you make a big mistake.”

“Yes, Sir.” Jun Kyo bowed once again before he left Jonghyun’s room.

 

* * *

“Yoong, hurry up! Hurry!! The conference is about to start!!”

Yoona, who just entered the cafeteria, already dragged by Yuri, even before she could get her lunch. But then she realized that there are more doctors and staffs—especially women, and residents in General Surgical Department—who didn’t even have their lunch but already sat on cafeteria, and of course their attentions are on the screen. Yoona saw the screen which is live showing the preparation of Lee Enterprise Group press conference with the new CEO. Her heart suddenly feel warmed when she saw a name sign on the table, at the very center, with ‘Lee Jong Hyun – CEO of LE Group’ has written on it, although the person hasn’t there yet. Only some directors are doing personal interviews to some TV stations.

“Why I’m the one who feel nervous?” Yoona can hear one of someone’s voice on his back. Seems like she recognized that voice, it’s Lee Jung Shin, one of Jonghyun’s resident—was, actually. As far as she knew, Jonghyun have a good bond with his residents. She smiled as she heard the other residents responded him in agreement.

“It’s start, Yoona! Oh My God!” Yuri is not the only one who exclaimed in amaze tone when Jonghyun finally made an entrance to the venue of press conference. The same voices almost heard from many side at the same time. “Hey, you didn’t tell me that he’s hotter in business suit!” Yuri whispered, full of excitement.

“Actually I also didn’t know because he looks hot in any suit.” Yoona smirked, which received a snort from Yuri.

“Good afternoon, thank you for coming. I know you must be tired because our company seems like made a press conference became their favorite things to do nowadays.” Jonghyun started to speak when it’s his turn, and earned a laugh from the audience, although he, himself, only smiled a little—his typical formal smile.

“I’m introducing myself formally right now. I am Lee Jong Hyun, an acting CEO of Lee Enterprise Group. And yes, I’m the son of Lee Jun Ha, our previous CEO. If you’re wondering why I never show up before, it’s because I didn’t work in business field. I am a General Surgeon, previously in NY Hospital and five months ago I moved to Hanhwa, until the shareholders of LE Group dragged me here.” His last sentence once again earned a smile from the audience. “I know I’m a newbie in this field, but I promise to show you my best, and don’t worry, my cousin, which is CEO Jung, will be the first to punish me if I made a big mistake in my work.”

“How can he look so professional like that…” Yuri muttered. “If I were in his shoes, I probably couldn’t joke anymore like that. ‘Stressed out’ will be written clearly on my forehead…”

Yoona just smiled upon hearing Yuri’s words. “Relax, that kind of thing won’t be happened to us, unless our parents owned a bunch of big companies like that…” she smirked. “Yul, he asked me something…” she talked again after Jonghyun finished his speech and have to answer the questions from the journalists related to business-thing. She unconsciously lowered her voice, although she already made sure no one is paying their attention to her and Yuri.

Yuri stared at Yoona for a moment. “Don’t tell me, he proposed already????” fortunately she expressed her surprise feeling with an excited whisper.

“Uhm… not directly…” Yoona grimaced. “He asked me to live together with him, but I said it’s impossible, I mean, we’re not in the country which ‘living together’ is a normal thing for unmarried couple. And actually he’s aware of that.”

“And??”

“He said, to be honest, if only this situation has never happened, I mean, he’ll just keep being a surgeon without any sudden change in his life, he might already asked me to mar—“

“OH MY G—!!” Yuri covered in a hurry before she finished her exclaimed words in loud voice. Some people glanced at them curiously but only for a second then swifted their attention again.

“Yya! Are you crazy?? Don’t be that loud!” Yoona glared at her.

“Yya! You’re the one who made me surprised! How come you’re telling me this exciting news when we’re in public?? Now, I have to suffer from expressing my feeling out!” Yuri glared back at her. “So, what’s your answer?? Oh my God! I can’t believe it! Lee Jong Hyun proposed to you!!!”

“Hey, I said ‘if’. So it didn’t happen… yet.” Yoona cleared as she feel embarrassed with her own words. “I mean, well this situation happened, and he had to postpone his plan—whatever that plan is about…”

“Wow…” Yuri stared at her with a blissful smile on her face. “So, I’m going to ask you. ‘if’ he asked you, what’s your answer, then?”

Yoona looked away, trying to hide her embarrassment that came up again. “Well… You know, marriage is not something that simple, Yul. You have to think about it first, before you agreed to do it.”

“Your answer?”

“Do you think I’m not in normal state right now, Yul? Because all I can think is only one answer. I can’t even think other answer. I mean, isn’t that crazy?? I know him for only five months. We just started dating for… one or two months ago, but I can’t understand myself for being so confident to come up with that answer… I’m getting crazy, right?” Yoona grimaced with worry expression. “Yya, why you’re staring me with full of smile like that??”

“Because you’re glowing, dear.” Yuri is still smiling when she answered. “And you don’t have to worry at all. The feeling that you have, the answer that you have, it called love, Yoong. When you’re in love with him, totally, you won’t have any doubt when he asked you to be with him…” Yuri smiled in satisfaction. “Oh My God, I can’t believe the goddess Im Yoona finally is so much into someone… No wonder… it’s Lee Jong Hyun...”

“Stop it, you make me embarrassed…” Yoona looked away, swifting her attention to the screen again, when Jonghyun is still answering the question.

“Your future plan for Lee Enterprise Group, Sir?” one of the journalist asked.

“It’s too early for me to say my future plan for this company, although it doesn’t mean that I don’t have any. Please anticipate it, I’ll show you my hard work.” Jonghyun answered calmly.

“How about your personal life, CEO Lee? From what we heard, you didn’t only leave your position as chief of residents in General Surgeon. We also heard about someone in there. Is this affected your personal life, also?”

Before Jonghyun even answered, one of the representative of Lee Enterprise Group spoke up. “No personal question, please.”

 “No, I’m fine with that, Director Oh. I’ll answer that since it probably the last question that I can answer. We’re running out of time.” Jonghyun spoke up with casual tone, made the flashes of camera are hitting on him more and more enthuasiastically. “I think some of you already made a research before came here,” he smiled a little. “Yes, of course it affected. But I’m very thankful that everyone is okay about this, finally. I got so many positive vibes. Thanks to her.” Jonghyun smiled to the camera. “Okay, that’s all. I have to go now. Director Oh will close this formally. Thank you for coming.” Jonghyun stood up and waved at the audience before he left.

“I think…” Yuri talked after the conference has ended. “Some people might started to look after you…”

“Hey, he’s not even a celebrity…” Yoona grimaced.

“He’s not. But he will surely entered the most eligible bachelor of this year in business magazine and if that happens, everything about his life, especially his love life, will become a hot topic.” Yuri stared at her. “You’re okay with that?”

“Well, I guess I have to take it all, right? I won’t let him facing that situation all alone…” Yoona shrugged her shoulders while smiling.

“Oh, I really want to hug you right now. You’re so adorable, you know!”

 

* * *

“Tough day?”

Jonghyun raised his head and grimaced when he saw who just entered his office room. “You’re here, hyung.”

“Sorry, I’m a bit late. Just finished the meeting.” Yonghwa sat on the couch. “How’s your first day?”

“Nothing special…” Jonghyun answered as he got up from his chair and walked to the couch in front of Yonghwa and seated himself.

“I see you handled it all pretty well. That’s what your assistant informed me, and he’s very honest.”

“Well, it’s still the first day, hyung. The hardest part won’t show up at first day…” Jonghyun said while sipping the coffee that the secretary just brought for them.

“Or perhaps you’re already capable of handling these kind of things…” Yonghwa said while hiding his smile. “How’s your girlfriend?”

“She’s fine.” Jonghyun smiled as Yonghwa mentioned Yoona. “The fact that I’m not in the same building with her is kinda sad, actually.”

“Eiyy, don’t be such a spoiled kid.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes.

“Hyung…” Jonghyun’s expression turned serious again. “Next two weeks is—“

“I know. Jaehyun.” Yonghwa finished Jonghyun’s words. “Of course I’ll go with you.” He nodded. “How about Doctor Im? You should introduce her to Jaehyun, don’t you think you should get Jaehyun’s blessing first before you proposed to her?”

“Yya hyung, that’s not fair. How did you find out that I have a plan to propose her??” Jonghyun protested.

“Well, I ever saw you looking at the jewelry store’s web.” Yonghwa grinned. “Bring her along, Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun thought for a while before he nodded. “Okay, if she agreed.”

* * *

 

Lee Jong Hyun : Let’s have a dinner together. I’ll pick you up in 30 mins (?)

Yoona smiled as she read the incoming text from Jonghyun. Her hands moved to type the reply.

Im Yoon Ah : Call!

“Yoona, are you joining us?” her colleague in Obgyn Department, suddenly asked her.

“Huh? Where?”

“We’re going to have a dinner together at the new Italian restaurant which is not that far from here.”

“Sorry, guys. Next time.” Yoona grimaced while putting an apologetic look. “Already had a promise.”

“Eiyy, it must be a promise with Surgeon—oh I mean, CEO Lee… aigoo, you made us die of jealousy…”

“Teach us, Yoona. We also want to get someone like him as our boyfriend. Or at least, can you introduce us to his friends? His friends must be the people in A-lists, right?”

Yoona just grimaced upon hearing her friends. “Well, the only people that close to him, except the doctors in Hanhwa, is only his cousin. The CEO of JF Company. But he’s taken already, sorry guys.”

The other is about wanted to respond Yoona’s words but get distracted when suddenly someone knocked on the opened door. When they saw who that person is, they couldn’t help but gasped in surprised, including Yoona.

“Sorry to interrupt your conversation.” Jonghyun greeted them all while still standing at the entrance.

“Jonghyun!” Yoona approached him, still looks surprised. “But you said you’ll come in 30 mins.”

“I’ll pick you up in 30 mins. I came 15 mins earlier because I have something to do first. Is Professor Jung here?”

“Professor Jung?” Yoona tilted her head. “Why you want to meet Chief Jung?” She asked, since she found it’s strange that Jonghyun suddenly appeared there and wanted to meet the chief of Obgyn Department.

“Work-related.” Jonghyun simply answered and gave her a smile. “Which one is her office room?”

“This one.” Yoona pointed the door behind her, although she’s still curious.

“Okay. Wait for me, then.” Jonghyun patted her head and walked towards Chief Jung’s office, while greeting the other doctors who were in awe because of his presence.

“What is he doing here, Yoona??? Why he suddenly wanted to meet Chief Jung???” her friend asked in excitement as soon as Jonghyun entered Chief Jung’s office room, while Yoona just shook her head, totally clueless.

 

 

 

“New York??”

Jonghyun just nodded calmly while keep eating.

“Me too?”

“Of course. If not, then what’s the purpose of me asking Chief Jung’s permission to give you a few days off?”

“What are we going to do in NY? Why suddenly??” Yoona is still asking curiously.

Jonghyun stared at Yoona’s dinner which is still left untouched. “Eat, Yoona.” He asked in firm tone.

Yoona followed Jonghyun’s gaze and just realized that she didn’t even eat at all. She took a full spoon of the pasta and stared at him again. “So?”

“I want to introduce you to someone. That’s the reason.”

“Who??” Yoona raised her eyebrows. “Tiffany?” she blurted the first name that came across her mind and she regret it in the next second when she saw the sudden change of Jonghyun’s expression. She bites her lips nervously, waiting for him to react.

“Are you going to make me losing my appetite, Im Yoona?” Jonghyun asked as he frowned.

“No.” Yoona shook her head in a hurry. “Mian. My bad. Then tell me.”

“You can guess it, but please I beg you, guess properly. Don’t spit out any nonsense name.” He added, looking a bit annoyed.

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. As far as she knew from Jonghyun’s story, he didn’t have many friends in NY. Well, he had many, before the incident. But after that, he isolated himself. So, who could it be… “Seolma…” Yoona stared at him as she realized something. “Your twin?” she asked carefully.

“Smart girl.” Jonghyun gave him a smile as he keeps eating. “Next two week is the commemoration of his death. It’s been six years…” he explained in low voice, the sad look is all over his face, but he tried to hide it by smiling a little. “I think, it’s time for you to meet him. Will you come with me?”

“Of course. I can’t wait to meet him.” Yoona smiled nicely. “By the way, how’s your first day, CEO Lee?”

“Well, now I know that the people who talked nonsense is more annoying than the continuously-beeping pager.”

“Seems like you went through a boring meeting?” Yoona guessed.

“A few times. Already a few times in one day.” Jonghyun sighed. “But, what can I do?” he shrugged his shoulder and grimaced.

Yoona stared at him for a while and smiled quietly. He said it’s boring… but actually it seems like he’s excited. I can see the excitement in his eyes. “Jonghyun…”

“Hm?”

“There’s something I didn’t tell you… yet.” Yoona carefully spoke. “I’ve met your mother…”

Jonghyun, who’s about to eat his food, suddenly stopped his move. His facial expression once again changed drastically into unhappy one. “When?” his voice is cold.

“The day when I came to your apartment in early morning. When you were out to buy some coffee.”

Jonghyun put down his fork and stared at Yoona with his cold gaze. “What did she say to you?”

Yoona bit her lips as she feels nervous. “Well, nothing much. She actually wanted to visit you but turned out I was the one there. It’s unintentional, Jonghyun.”

“As if I believe…” Jonghyun snorted and looked away. “They have their eyes everywhere. I don’t believe it’s untentional, Yoona.” He sighed. “You let her in?”

“O-of course. I’m sorry, I—I know it’s not my house but it will be very impolite if I told your mother not to enter, right??”

“No, it’s not your fault. Don’t apologize. I understand.” Jonghyun’s expression became a bit softened. “Did she say something bad to you?”

“No, not at all.” Yoona shook her head in a hurry.

“Then was she very nice to you?” Jonghyun asked again. “No need to answer, Yoona. I already knew.” He finally relaxed as his lips formed a smile. “I knew you also couldn’t say that she’s a nice woman.”

Yoona grimaced. “No, actually I wanted to say that, rather being nice, she really looks like you.” She stared at Jonghyun. “Don’t angry with me. I’m saying this because I have the same feeling when I talked with you for the first time. You have the same… what should I call it? Presence? I don’t know. Whatever it is, you made people around you feel intimidating, intimidating but not that uneasy. Did you get what I mean? I mean, that’s enough to show that you have blood related.”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Well, let’s just say that I got it…” he shrugged his shoulder. “After all, she is the woman who gave birth to me. That’s the fact that I can’t deny.” He said it bitterly. “I should talk to them for this. I have to make it clear that they have no right to disturb your life.”

“Hey, they’re not disturbing my life, Jonghyun. And I don’t have any objection at all with that.” Yoona protested, but seems like Jonghyun isn’t going to take his words back.

“Next time, please tell me right away, Yoona.” Jonghyun said as he started to eat again. “Please?”

No matter how much Yoona wanted to tell him that she didn’t have any problem about his parents, she knew that she couldn’t change Jonghyun’s mind, so she has no other choice except to nod. “Okay…”

 

 

 


hi again.

I know this chapter is long and boring, please bear it T.T

I hope you will still read this.

thank you for all your comments guys, I think even if I make a new story, I'll still make this couple as the main characters. honestly, I know there are no more moments of them in real life, but I love to make them as my main characters in my stories because both of them can suit any roles that I've been thinking of. Whenever there's a new idea of story in my mind, they can matched the characters perfectly.

and yes, I'll continue the Time Flies first before I created another story.

once again, thank you so much. see ya in next chapter.