Chapter 15 - Another Truth

Prescription For Love

Yonghwa got down from the car and entered the hospital in hurry steps. “Where’s the conference room?” he asked his personal assistant.

“This way, Sir.”

Yonghwa walked, totally in a hurry, through the corridor until they arrived in front of room which guarded by a few of men-in-black. All of them made a way for Yonghwa to the door when they saw him appeared.

“Is Jonghyun inside?” Yonghwa asked before he entered.

“Yes, CEO Jung. Young Master Lee is inside.”

This is bad… Yonghwa thought as he entered the conference room carefully, trying not to get any attentions. As soon as he entered, he can saw Jonghyun is sitting in the middle, along with Jonghoon. He quietly approach and sat beside him.

“You didn’t look good.” He said in a very low voice, while still staring at Director Im, who is explaining about team-in-duty for the upcoming surgical.

“I’m totally not in mood for creating a fuss. Why now?” Jonghyun said, trying to hide his emotion, although Yonghwa could still noticed it.

“You should be, Jonghyun. Don’t you want? I know how much you hate them but this is—“

“I am a professional doctor, hyung. For God’s sake! But I also know the only thing that I can do to end this mess is I have to tell everyone. Right here. Right now!”

Yonghwa sighed as he watched Jonghyun’s name in the list already created a controversy. “Are you going to let Imo explain it by herself? Please, dongsaeng. They need you.”

Jonghyun watched as his Mom started to speak up and looks like she just realized that Jonghyun didn’t reveal anything yet. He sighed loudly and finally stood up and get down. This is it… Once again, Jonghyun. This is how you should be. Take it. You deserves this, Jonghyun. A murder of his twin always deserves this.

 

 

 

“Hyung, can you help me?” Jonghyun approached Jonghoon when the conference has just ended.

Jonghoon, who still looks very surprised about the fact, managed to respond him well. “Yes?”

“Take a look after Yoona. I think she already knew about this—“

“I will.” Jonghoon nodded and patted Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Are you okay? I mean, we’re the one who were surprised with the fact that you are the son of our CEO, but you’re the one who look... I don’t know. You don’t look that good. Are you sick?”

“No, I’m fine, hyung.” Jonghyun shook his head a little. “Thank you so much, hyung. I’m sorry for keeping this all the time. Let’s talk about that later. I have to talk with Director Im, first.”

“Don’t mind me, Jonghyun. I know you have your personal reason to keep that all the time.” Jonghoon said, totally understood with Jonghyun’s situation. “I’ll go find her.” He excused himself and went out from the conference room. Leaving Jonghyun, the doctors in charge of tomorrow operation, CEO Lee’s wife and also Jung Yong Hwa. Now he’s understand why Jung Yonghwa isn’t prohibited to enter the conference room before.

 

 

 

Choi Jonghoon : Bring Yoona to my office now. Before people already started to haunt her.

Yuri read the text message from Jonghoon and immediately grabbed Yoona’s arm and dragged her out from the Restricted Room. Before all people are realizing that Yoona is also there. They walked in a hurry, and seems like Yoona is still in shock because she didn’t even say anything and just followed Yuri.

They arrived in just no time at the office of Internist Department. Yuri walked straightly to Jonghoon’s office and entered it, along with Yoona.

“What’s going on??” Yuri asked as soon as they met Jonghoon, who already waited inside.

“As you’ve seen on screen.” Jonghoon simply answered and locked the door and pulled down the curtain then facing them both. “Yoona, are you okay?”

Yoona, who finally got her sense back, nodded. “I’m okay.” No, I’m not.

“She’s not. Neither of us not. That’s a shocking announcement, Jonghoon. Did you know it beforehand?” Yuri blabbered again.

“No.” Jonghoon shook his head and seated himself on the couch, in front of Yuri and Yoona. “No one knows, I think. I don’t know about Director Im, though. But as I can see from the expressions, they all also just knew that fact.”

“He never told you anything about his family, Yoong?”

“No... He’s so mysterious.” Yoona muttered. “How could that be, Jonghoon?” She finally asked. “He is... he... is he really the son of CEO Lee? I mean... They are ‘Lee’, but I never had any thought that they related to each other.”

 “Me too.” Jonghoon sighed loudly. “But Yoona... if you’re disappointed or mad at him, please don’t do it too much.”

“Why?”

“He... he looks strange. Minutes before Madam Lee spoke up in front of us, Jung Yong Hwa joined the conference and sat beside Jonghyun.” Jonghoon started to explain the situation in the conference room before. “They talked about something that I couldn’t hear, but I noticed Jonghyun’s expression is not that good. Seems like he’s angry or something like that. I didnt even know towards whom...” he paused for a moment. “Then, when Madam Lee spoke up about him, he seems very burdened before he stepped up and ‘introduce’ himself. Even after the conference has ended in ‘shock mode’, he didn’t look good. Many doctors are approaching him but Director Im signaled us not to bother Jonghyun first. But he still approached me and ask for help.”

“Help? What?”

“To look after you, Yoona.” Jonghoon answered. “He said that you must be already knew what happened in the conference and he asked for help, to keep you safe from all curious people. We know that they will find you and want to interrogate you since they couldn’t reach him for now. That’s why I asked you both to come here.”

“Then where is he, Jonghoon?” Yoona asked, feels so dry.

“He also left the conference room at the same time with me. But he’s with Jung Yong Hwa, and a few bodyguards—maybe the bodyguards of Lee Family. But I don’t know where are they going.” Jonghoon shrugged his shoulders. “Yoona, are you disappointed with him?”

Yoona smiled, looks a bit bitter. “I dont know...”

 


 

 

Jonghyun punched the wall as soon as they arrived in CEO’s room in Hanhwa Hospital. Although it said ‘CEO Office Room’ but it rarely to be occuppied since CEO Lee’s main office is in Lee Enterprise Group building. The room is only used when CEO Lee made a visit to Hanhwa Hospital. But this time, Yonghwa brought him to this room.

“Dongsaeng...” Yonghwa called in in ‘full-of-worry’ tone. “Forgive me.”

Jonghyun, who were facing the wall while leaning his head on that, just sighed. “Not your fault, hyung. I’m just angry to myself and this situation.”

“Why?”

Jonghyun finally turned around and facing Yonghwa. “’I’m the son of CEO Lee’…” he repeated the words and snorted. “Or should I completed it like ‘I’m the murderer of CEO Lee’s son’?”

“Lee Jong Hyun!”

“WHAT??” Jonghyun almost shouted back. “That’s the fact. And that’s the right words to describe me and them! Why they have to put my name there? I’m just a common doctor. I’m not their personal doctor. Why my name is in the list??  To make me feel like this? AGAIN??”

“They didn’t mean like that, Jonghyun. This time—“

“Hyung.” Jonghyun cutted Yonghwa’s words and stared at him with tired eyes. “What do you expect from me? I’m not the one who threw my family out.”

Yonghwa sighed loudly as he stared at Jonghyun with apologetic look. “You’ve came back to Korea, Jonghyun…”

“Not for them.” Jonghyun said it with cold voice.

“Now, Jun Ha samchon is your patient.”

“Hyung…” Jonghyun sat on the couch and buried his face on his palms. “Do you know what will happen next?”

Yonghwa stared at Jonghyun with worry expression. “I know. But for now, you have to be uncle’s doctor.”

Jonghyun snorted. “Since when CEO of Lee Enterprise Group used a doctor who has mental disorder like me to become his doctor?”

“Jonghyun...” Yonghwa warned him once again.

“That’s the fact, hyung.”

 


* * *

 

Jonghyun entered the office of Surgical Department and found that his residents are there, seems like talking about something. They both suddenly stood up in a hurry when they noticed Jonghyun just came.

“Something’s urgent?” Jonghyun asked.

The residents glanced at each other until Jungshin answered him. “No, Doctor Lee. Everything’s okay.”

“I have a schedule at 4 pm in Examination Room #6. But I have something to do first and I’m afraid I couldn’t be on time. Can one of you cover for me, maybe for half or an hour.”

“I will, Doctor Lee.” Jungshin said. “I’ll inform Nurse Choo about that.”

“Thank you.” Jonghyun nodded, a thankful expression was written on his tired face. “Who’s on duty tonight?”

“Me, Doctor Lee.” Yoo Ae Ra answered.

“Go home early. I’ll take care for tonight.” Jonghyun said and left the office, without waiting for the residents’ respond. He didn’t do it nonchalantly. He just didn’t feel like to go home tonight. It’s better to make myself busy all night without thinking about myself. He though as he walked in a hurry through the corridor. He noticed the nurses, the staffs, and the doctors’ eyes are on him but for now he didn’t care at all. He just need to see someone right now. Someone that he should meet right since the conference has ended but he couldn’t.

“Is Doctor Im inside?” he asked the nurse who is talking with the other in front of Examination Room.

“Oh, Doctor Lee!” the three nurses who were talking, look very surprised and bowed at him. “Y—yes, Doctor Im is in ER #2.”

“Does she still have some patients?”

“No, Doctor Im has done already.”

“Thank you.” Jonghyun nodded and approached the ER #2 in a hurry and opened it. And finally he saw the person that he really wanted to see the most. He wanted to greet him but his throat suddenly feel so dry.

“Oh Doctor Lee!”

Jonghyun even didn’t realize that there’s also Nurse Kim in that room. He nodded to reply Nurse Kim’s bow and step aside when Nurse Kim excused herself. After Nurse Kim left, he stared again at Yoona, who’s still sitting quietly. “Have a talk with me?” he asked with his husky and tired voice. “Let’s get some fresh air.”

“Are you off duty already?” Yoona asked but avoiding his gaze. “How’s our CEO’s condition right now?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer her but approaching her closer. He grabbed her hands and pulled her softly. “Let’s go.”

Yoona knew that she shouldn’t reject his request. So, she just followed him went out from the ER, walking through the hospital corridor, even ignoring the people around them because Jonghyun kept holding her hands until they arrived at the parking area.

Without saying anything, Jonghyun released her hands when they arrived at his red Lamborghini. He opened the door for Yoona before he also get into the car. Even until they left the hospital, he still didn’t let out any voices.

Yoona realized that Jonghyun just drive them to his house. Since he lives not that far, it just took twenty minutes until they arrived at his apartment. She kept following Jonghyun quietly until they entered his unit.

As soon as they entered, Jonghyun put down his car key and his phone on the nearest end table. But he didn’t stop his walk. He pulled Yoona’s arm gently and guided her to his room. “Sit.” He said huskily, signaling that Yoona should sit on his bed.

Yoona followed his order and saw him walked to the door, which she believes is his wardrobe room. He is searching for something inside it until he finally took out a white box. The size of the box is similar with shoes box. She wondered what’s inside the box.

Jonghyun then seated himself on the bed, facing on Yoona, and put down the box. He opened it and showed that it actually contained a lot of pictures. But what makes Yoona surprised is the people in those pictures. That’s the answer why there’s no his parents picture on his album with Jaehyun. It’s all here… Yoona thought while staring at the pictures.

“So…” Yoona found that it hardly to speak after a long silence. “You are… really… a son of CEO Lee?”

Jonghyun gazed away, staring through the glass window of his room which showed the view of Seoul from 34th floor, seems like it’s hard for him to answer Yoona’s question.

“I kept thinking about this fact, but it’s still hard for me to accept the fact that I never had any idea about you… and CEO Lee…” Yoona muttered, more like to herself. “I mean… your Lee name… is a part of that Lee family. That biggest and powerful family...” I know that he must be from a rich family. As I’ve already mentioned before. Look at his house, his cars, his way of living, and all of them. But I never expected this… She cleared . “I never knew that CEO Lee actually has a son…”

“Two sons.” Jonghyun corrected her with bitter voice and sighed loudly. “I’m sorry, Yoona… For this fact…”

“Why you never told me, Jonghyun?” Yoona asked, still looking away. “It’s just… honestly I’m so shocked… Not only me, but also the entire hospital… I can understand if you didn’t tell people about that, but you also kept it from me… And hearing the fact in front of the entire hospital, it feels like… I know I’m still not that special for you but—“

“Im Yoona, stop it.” Jonghyun suddenly cut Yoona’s words with cold voice, which makes Yoona surprised since it’s the first time he’s like that. He grabbed Yoona’s shoulder with both of his hands to make her facing him directly. “Please don’t say something like that. I know you must be very disappointed with me right now. To tell you the truth, I always want to tell you about this, I just didn’t know how to start it. It’s complicated, Yoona…”

“What’s the big deal of telling me that you’re the son of CEO Lee?”

“It’s a big deal, Yoona. If you know what’s going on…” Jonghyun muttered.

Yoona sighed and released her shoulder from Jonghyun’s hands. “Jonghyun, how am I suppose to know what’s going on if you never tell me anything about your family… It’s not fair, Jonghyun.” She said, totally showing how disappointed she is.

Jonghyun let out a heavy sigh as he closed his eyes. “It’s hard for me to start the story. Ask me. Ask me anything that you want to ask.”

Yoona feels strange with Jonghyun’s statement but she still let out her curiosity. “Why you always avoided to talk about your parents?”

“Because practically I don’t have parents.” Jonghyun answered and gazed away. “They are my biological parents, but I already forgot about having parents since a few years ago.”

“Museun…?”

Jonghyun stood up and went to the veranda, followed by Yoona. He leaned his arms on the fence and looked away. “I lost my brother, along with my parents that time...” he sighed heavily. “In my parents’ eyes, I’m the one who kill their son. That’s how they treated me. I know my place, Yoona. Seeing me everyday will make them kept hating me. That’s why I decided to leave.”

“Leave?? Leave your parents??”

“Uhm… they threw me.”Jonghyun smiled bitterly. “As I’ve told you before, I was totally having some mental disorder when Jaehyun died. Well… they ever sent me to mental hospital during that time…”

“WHAT?? Mental hospital???”

“Pathetic, isn’t it?” Jonghyun let out a very bitter laugh. “They never talked to me right since Jaehyun died. They just left me alone in my room. Until they couldn’t bear me anymore and decided to send me to mental hospital. So, they won’t get embarrassed anymore… their house won’t be filled with my crazy act anymore… they won’t even feel hatred by seeing the murderer of their son anymore…”

Yoona was lost of words upon hearing Jonghyun’s story. She feels that her chest tightened as she heard they way of Jonghyun told the story. It sounds very sad and pathetic. She never expected that Jonghyun really went through many tough moments in his life, including the death of his brother right in front of his eyes.

“Maybe they did it for your goodness, Jonghyun…”

Jonghyun let out a bitter smile again. “Maybe. If it was a temporary request. The fact is, they send me without any intention to get me back after recovery. They didn’t want to care anymore, Yoona. It was like they let the doctors do what they want to do with me and don’t bother them anymore…” he stared at Yoona and forced to smile again. “It answers why I always avoided to tell you about my parents. I do have parents. But for them, I think they live with the thought that their son has died and they have no child anymore.”

“Then…” Yoona found it hard to speak. “How did you manage to… recover…?”

“Yonghwa hyung. And my grandfather.” Jonghyun answered.

“Your grandfather?”

“Yes.” Jonghyun nodded. “But my grandfather has passed away…” his voice turned sad again. “That was another big loss for me, such losing Jaehyun isn’t enough yet…” he stopped to talk when his phone is suddenly ringing. He sighed loudly as he saw the caller ID.

“Emergency?” Yoona asked.

Jonghyun nodded and replied it with automatic reject message. “Listen, Yoona. I know what did I do this afternoon is untolerable for you. I know it must be feels like being betrayed because you didn’t even know it beforehand. I know there must be a lot of questions for me right now that you want to ask. I even know that apologize isn’t enough for now. With this situation, do you want to talk with Yonghwa hyung while I’m taking care of the emergency patient? That’s what I can do for you right now. Honestly, I’m so afraid you might angry at me—and I know you do—because I kept so many things from you. That’s why I’m trying all that I can do for you, to answer your curiosity. And maybe to also accept me again…” he stared with his genuine eyes at Yoona. “Let’s meet hyung in hospital.”

“Yonghwa-ssi is in hospital right now?”

“Yes.” Jonghyun nodded. “I’ll tell him about this.” He then reached out his hand to Yoona. “Please…?”

Yoona stared at Jonghyun’s hand for a moment and finally reached it. “Arasseo.” Seems like I didn’t have any other choices. Of course he has to deal with the patient, it’s the top priority. Although it doesn’t mean that it’s already fine between us. I knew he’s also aware of that…

“Can I hug you?” Jonghyun asked with unreadable eyes. And without waiting for Yoona’s answer, he already pulled her into his tight embrace. “Thank you…” he whispered.

 


*

 

Yoona entered her office and was a bit surprised when she saw Yonghwa is already there, waiting patiently at the patient’s chair.

“Hi, Doctor Im. Sorry for entering your office without your permission.”

Yoona smiled as a greeting and sat on her chair in front of Yonghwa. “Doesn’t matter, Yonghwa-ssi. I apologize if I waste your time… Aren’t you busy?”

“Everything is already being handled by Director Cha.” Yonghwa answered. “I have the right to be in the hospital because my uncle is under Intensive Care right now.” He said while staring at Yoona. “Forgive my dongsaeng and me, Doctor Im. For not telling you about this beforehand.”

Yoona just smiled once again although she always feel a bit hurt whenever it was being mentioned.

“Should I tell you the whole story about him and his parents?” Yonghwa started to speak again. “I bet Jonghyun couldn’t tell you so well. It’s very hard for him, tho.”

“I’m listening, Yonghwa-ssi…”

Yonghwa was silent for a moment before he started to speak. “You knew that Jonghyun has a normal life until Jaehyun died. To be honest, no. Since they were born, Jaehyun is not that healthy like Jonghyun. It doesn’t mean that he’s always sick, but he’s easier to get sick. And it makes Jaehyun has more attentions from their parents rather than Jonghyun. Although it’s not the problem after all because Jonghyun himself really took a good care of his brother rather than himself. That’s why I ever said to you, Doctor Im. Sometimes I can acted like that to Jonghyun just for giving him the feeling of having a hyung. I know he was too busy to act like a hyung before…” he paused for a moment. “And then, the accident happened. It was a nightmare for all of us, Doctor Im. Even worse for Jonghyun. I’ve told you already about his condition that time but I didn’t mention anything about his parents…” he stopped again. “From this point, you might see me a bit different, Doctor Im. I apologize if I sound impolite towards my family, or what… the part that I wanted to tell you is about what happened between Jonghyun and his parents...”

“Nee…” that was the only response that Yoona could let out since she didn’t have any idea what Yonghwa is going to talk about.

“The day when Jaehyun died, his parents... his parents said something so hurtful to him.” Yonghwa turned a bit emotional as he recalled what just happened that time.

 

 

“What happen with your brother??? Lee Jonghyun, what happen with your brother???”

Yonghwa, who was already with Jonghyun, defended him from Jonghyun’s parents who just arrived at hospital after hearing that Jaehyun had an accident. Yonghwa knew it first that’s why he left his college class in a hurry and went to the hospital, while Jonghyun’s parents arrived an hour later because they just arrived from London. When Yonghwa came, Jaehyun is already in Operating Room, while Jonghyun was sitting in front of the room—on the floor—and looks like he’s the one that lost his soul already. He didn’t even respond Yonghwa when he asked him about anything. That’s why when Jonghyun’s parents came and demanded an explanation, Yonghwa tried to defend him since Jonghyun even couldn’t get a hold of himself.

“He’s in shock, imo.” Yonghwa tried to speak. “He need to be treated also but he refused.”

“How can you let something bad happened to your brother, Jonghyun??” his mom kept asking him, ignoring what just Yonghwa told them.

“Imo. Please...”

“Are you the one who caused the accident??” this time his father spoke up and Yonghwa found it very hurtful for Jonghyun. “How could you, Jonghyun????”

“Samchon. Please. How could you’re saying something like that??” Yonghwa asked in disbelief tone, hoping that Jonghyun won’t hear it. But it’s too late. The hurtful words from his parents already made a way into his mind. He kept remember those hurtful words from his parents...

 

 

“Until now.”

Yoona was totally lost of words as she heard Yonghwa’s story. She never expected that Jonghyun’s life is so complicated. Not only losing his brother, but he’s also ‘losing’ his parents. She just… I just couldn’t imagine how tough his life is… I think it was the toughest when I heard his brother die in front of him and he still has PTSD… and what now?? It even worse…

“My family was strongly against his parents when they decided to send Jonghyun to the mental hospital in NY.” Yonghwa continued again. “Actually my parents couldn’t do much things because they practically didn’t live in NY, but in Seoul. I’m—at that time—the one who was a college student in NY, who strongly against them. But what can I do? After all, Jun Ha samchon is the most powerful in our family. The only thing that I could do that time is... always visiting him. So he won’t feel alone. Although I know how hurtful and how bad the feeling of living in mental hospital...”

“For how long?”

“Four months until he finally discharged.” Yonghwa gazed away, seems like remembering the sad memories. “He left the hospital but not coming back to his parents’ house.”

“Why?”

 “Seems like he knew what his parents wanted. He asked me if I want to give him a room in my house. One thing that Jonghyun didn’t know at that time is… he didn’t know that he has many assets under his name, which he got from our grandfather—or I think he didn’t care about that at all. Since his parents didn’t care anymore about anything related to him, I’m the one who kept it. I didn’t want to tell him about that until he’s recover. So, when he’s fully recovered and finally graduated from high school, at the same time I also completed my master degree and had to leave NY, I told them everything that he has.” He paused and stared at Yoona. “If you ever wondering about Jonghyun’s financial, that’s the answer. When our grandfather died, a year before Jaehyun died, he gave many things to his three grandsons: me, Jonghyun and Jaehyun. Jaehyun owned ten percent stocks of hospitals that owned by Lee Enterprise, including Hanhwa. When he died, according to the law, Jonghyun is the one who have the right to take over it, but he refused and give it back to his parents. As for Jonghyun himself, since he looks so interested in business, my grandfather gave him ten percent of Lee Enterprise Group’s stocks, when he’s still a Junior High student at that time. It feels like our grandfather already knew what will happen in the future that’s why he gave a lot to his grandsons…”

Yoona was silent because she just realized it all. It answered why he’s a VVIP member in Diamond Club, why he owned the luxury apartment, why he owned two luxury cars, it’s not because his parents, and also no matter how big his income in NY before, it’s still not that enough to afford it all in his age… But wait! She suddenly remembered something. “Yonghwa-ssi, please correct me if I’m wrong because actually I didn’t understand that much about business… but, if he owned ten percent of Lee Enterprise Group’s stocks… then it means, he’s powerful enough to make a decision in Annual Shareholder Meeting, is it right?”

Yonghwa raised his eyebrows, looks a bit surprised. “I know you’re smart, Doctor Im. But I didn’t expect that you also knew about that… that’s so cool.” He sincerely praised Yoona. “Yes. It’s not ‘powerful enough’. He’s very powerful. He is the third person that owned the most amount of Lee Enterprise Group’s stocks.” Yonghwa answered. “The first and second is Jun Ha samchon—the CEO himself—and his wife. But it just a slight difference. When I said he’s very powerful, I really mean it. You also knew how big Lee Enterprise Group is, Doctor Im. Hanhwa Hospital, LE Hotel and Resorts, JJ Bank, and many more. Actually my father wanted that JF Company to become a member of Lee Enterprise. But uncle Jun Ha didn’t allow it since he didn’t want to be in higher position than my father—which is also his brother-in-law. My mom is a younger sister of Jonghyun’s father—So, they decided to merge JF Company to Lee Enterprise, not as subordinate, but it’s equal. Although Lee Enterprise is much bigger than JF.”

“The way you talked about Jonghyun’s parents… I do feel that you saw them in fair perspective. You told me how they treated Jonghyun, but you also told me that they has a very kind side, in that company’s case.” Yoona commented, more like muttered.

“That’s what I always tried to do, Doctor Im. If you asked me, of course I’m on Jonghyun’s side. But I also couldn’t hate my uncle and my imo if it related to anything else, except Jonghyun.”

Yoona nodded while rotating the pen on her table, seems like she’s thinking about something. “Can I ask you again, Yonghwa-ssi?”

“Sure.”

“Why Jonghyun moved to Hanhwa? What is his reason… leaving NY Hospital and moved to hospital which owned by his parents…”

Yonghwa took a deep breath and let it out at once. “I also don’t know about that, Doctor Im. Sorry.” He grimaced. “When I know Jonghyun is going to move, that’s the question that I’ve asked everyday. But until now, I think I still didn’t know his real reason…”

Yoona nodded in understand as she saw Yonghwa also has no idea at all about that. “One more, Yonghwa-ssi. If the relationship of Jonghyun and his parents are that bad, then why Madam Lee asked him personally to assist the operation? And why Jonghyun was willingly to announce that he is the son of CEO Lee?”

Yonghwa turned silent once again upon hearing Yoona’s question. But it’s not like he was thinking about the answer, it was like he’s hesitant to answer it. It took a while until he finally spoke up. “This is not the first time this kind of situation happened. To tell you the truth, the moment that Jonghyun knew his name is on the list, he knew he will be come to the front and introduce himself as the son of CEO Lee. What is that all about? To save the pride of Lee Family, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa said firmly. “Me, you, my parents, his parents, my secretary, Lee family’s secretary, the maids in Lee’s main house, are maybe the only people that actually knew what happened inside this family. But the other people? Of course no. What do you think will happen if public knew that CEO Lee and his wife dumped his son? What do you think will happen if they knew that there’s a bad blood between the next inheritor of Lee Enterprise Group with the current CEO? The impact is very big, Doctor Im. That’s why… for the sake of Lee family’s pride, they have to do well in front of public. I know it sounds very pathetic, and also very harsh towards Jonghyun, but he’s also aware of the impact. After all, Lee Enterprise Group is the company that our grandfather built from zero. No matter how much Jonghyun hated his parents, he won’t betray our grandfather. He won’t become a bad grandson to a grandfather that gave us so much love…”

Yoona was silent upon hearing the explanation. To be honest, she couldn’t think clearly right now. Her brain is so full by receiving too many surprising facts about Jonghyun and his family. She just never expected that a person’s life could be that complicated.

“The reason why my aunt personally requested Jonghyun as the main medical team... I also didn’t have any idea about that, Doctor Im...” Yonghwa muttered. “I just hope that whatever they did, they won’t hurt Jonghyun anymore.” He said hesitantly, seems like he doubted his own words. “Is there anything else that you want to ask, Doctor Im?”

Actually if she’s in good situation, she might have a lot questions for Yonghwa. But for now, all she can do is only shaking her head, signaling that it’s enough already. Or maybe last question, “how’s CEO Lee’s condition right now, Yonghwa-ssi?”

“He’s under a good intensive care right now.” Yonghwa answered as he got up from the chair. “Director Im—I mean your father—is the one who’s in charge of his health. Honestly my uncle’s condition turned worse since two weeks ago. But thankfully, it already handled by Director Im.”

Yoona just realized something from Yonghwa’s answer. “Did... did my father know about this beforehand?”

Yonghwa stared at Yoona with apologetic look on his face. “Yes. As a Director, of course Director Im has to know the profile of Doctor who’s going to move to Hanhwa Hospital. That’s when Director Im knew Jonghyun’s family background. But it’s also Jonghyun who personally requested to Director Im to keep that information from other people. He said that he didn’t want to create a fuss and asked to be treated just like the other doctors. Fortunately Director Im can understand it. Honestly I was very surprised because Director Im also kept it from his own daughter...” he said with praised tone in his voice. “Today must be a hard day for you, Doctor Im... On behalf of Jonghyun, myself, and my family, I truly apologize.”

“No, Yonghwa-ssi.” Yoona shook her head in a hurry, feeling burdened because Yonghwa sincerely apologized and it makes her feel bad because it’s not his fault at all. “It’s okay. Thank you for telling me these all.”

“Which I realized just now that I should tell you since a long ago...” Yonghwa look very apologized. “Once again, I’m very sorry, Doctor Im.”

“Nevermind, Yonghwa-ssi. Please don’t mind me.” Yoona politely smiled and send him until the door.

“If you don’t mind, I can send a bodyguard for you, Doctor Im. So you won’t be disturbed by people who are curious to death about you and Jonghyun.”

Yoona almost jawdropped when she heard Yonghwa’s uncommon offer. “No, no, Yonghwa-ssi. I’m fine.” She rejected politely in a hurry. Jebal… what will they talk about me if they saw there’s a bodyguard of Lee’s family that guarded me… I’m seriously going crazy… She watched as Yonghwa walked away and entered her office again. She seated herself on the chair while staring blankly at the desktop screen in front of her.

Tell me, Jonghyun... how should I act in front of you right now...?

 

 

 

 


Hi. I manage to make a faster update again this time :)

I'm very sorry if this chapter is a bit boring. I do have to explain everything about Jonghyun and his family. i put Yonghwa in this chapter to give Yoona a better story, because I think if it's from Jonghyun, he couldn't deliver it very clearly because he still hate his parents.

I also apologize if there's no Jonghyun-Yoona moment in this chapter.

See you next chapter. thank you for reading ^^