Chapter 12 - Unrevealed Things

Prescription For Love

“What do you mean by using our ability?” Yoona asked while Yuri and here walking in hospital’s corridor after they finished their lunch.

“Who is the staff-in-charge of Staff Administration Department?” Yuri asked back while keep walking.

“Uhm... if it’s not Sun Ho, then it’s Jae Ha. Wae?”

“Correct.” Yuri smiled with satisfaction. “Both of them are your fans.”

Yoona finally understand what Yuri meant. “And you too.” She smiled and stopped when they arrived in front of Administration Office. “You first.” She mouthed at Yuri before they entered the office.

Actually they were correct. Sun Ho is the staff in charge right now, and he was very surprised when he saw his two most favorite doctors were entering the room. He stood up with full of excitement and smiled very widely, which makes Yoona and Yuri feel a bit worried what if he ripped his own mouth.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Doctor Im and Doctor Kwon!!” Sun Ho greeted them with loud voice. “What makes the two most beautiful doctors in the world came to see me???”

Yuri and Yoona greeted him back with a smile. “Can you help us, Sun Ho-ya?”

“Of course, Doctor Kwon!” Sun Ho nodded. “What is it?”

“I want to look to someone’s bio. I need his address since I want to send a surprise gift. Can you lend me an access to our staff’s bios?”

Without think for a second, Sun Ho nodded and giving his seat to Yuri and pulled a chair for Yoona, feeling no suspicious at all since it’s a common request that he usually got. Especially if it’s between doctors. “You can use my access, Doctor Kwon, Doctor Im.”

Yuri exchanged a slight smile with Yoona. “Thank you so much, Sun Ho.” They said in unison before they rushed to his pc.

“Do you want some drink, Doctor Im and Doctor Kwon?”

“Sure.” Yoona snapped. Thought that it might be better if Seun Ho didnt see who’s the one that they want to look for. “Sorry for troubling you, Sun Ho-ya.”

“Nevermind, Doctor Im.” Sun Ho said happily. “I’ll get some juices, first. Fortunately Hye Sun just bought a box of apple juice this morning.” He then rushed to the back to get some juices, which giving a nice timing for Yoona and Yuri.

“How to spell his name?” Yuri asked as she’s about to type on the keyboard.

“Lee. Jong. Hyun. How could you even didn’t know how to spell his name while he’s already been around you for a month already?” Yoona frowned as she’s typing Jonghyun’s name in database search column.

“Oh, I think the spell must be different since he has mixed bloods.” Yuri commented. “Oh that’s his bio folder!” she snapped when Lee Jong Hyun folder named just showed on the very top of search result.

Yoona clicked on the folder but the next second, she and Yuri raised their eyebrows with what just showed on the screen. “What is this?”

Yuri looked as clueless as her. “Why it’s protected?” she asked back, without answering Yoona’s question. “And...”

“Access Restricted.” Yoona completed Yuri’s words, full of curiosity. “Oh Seun Ho-ya,” she suddenly called when Sun Ho appeared again with two boxes of apple juices. “Are there some bios that can’t be opened here?”

Seun Ho looked at the screen and mouthed an ‘O’ shape. “Usually restricted bios are for higher position, Doctor Im. I mean, the very high. Such as the CEO and Director, or the people in those kind of position. It can’t be opened from regular access. It has to be approved by Director Im first.” Sun Ho explained.

“Is there any doctors, I mean, up to Head of Department, bios were restricted too?”

“Yes. Just one doctor among all.” Seun Ho nodded. “It’s Doctor Lee. The new surgeon from New York Hospital. Actually I didn’t realize it at first, but since there are so many nurses and even female doctors came to check on his bio, and found that they couldn’t access the bio without the permission from the Director first. That’s why I realized it.”

“Do you know why?” Yoona couldn’t hide her curiosity. “I mean, since you just said that only his bio, among all the doctors here, which the positions are lower than Directors, were restricted.”

Seun Ho shook his head, looks clueless. “At first I thought that it maybe because he just moved here. But then, yesterday I check on Doctor Ji Ahn’s bio, it can be fully accessed. Although she also just moved from Jeunla-do two weeks ago.”

Yoona and Yuri just nodded silently with Seun Ho’s explanation. “Okay then, we’re done. Thank you for your help, Seun Ho-ya. And also, thanks for the juice.” Yoona finally said while giving a thankful look to him.

“We owe you a meal.” Yuri added and waved before she and Yoona left the office room, which was replied with a very enthusiastic nod from Seun Ho.

“I wonder why his bio is restricted.” Yoona commented as soon as they went out and walked in the corridor again. “He’s so mysterious...”

Yuri stared at Yoona while holding her smile. “Honestly, I was surprised too with the strange fact that his bio is restricted. But what makes me couldn’t stop smiling is you.”

“Me?” Yoona frowned. “Why me?”

“Because this is the first time I saw you’re so into someone, Yoona. I never saw you’re like this before. And to make it special, it’s for a guy.” Yuri grinned. “Looks like you’re in love with him for real. Well, no wonder. Jonghyun’s charm is very irresistible.”

Yoona got blushed with Yuri’s words. “Yya, stop it.”

“Stop what?” Yuri’s grin became wider. “Am I right? Right?”

“Aish, just shut up, Yul!” Yoona continued to walk in hurry, which earned a giggle from Yuri.

 

* * *

 

“Hey dongsaeng, if someone calls you, please learn to answer it. Or should I show you which button that need to touch to answer the call?”

That’s the first words—or sentences—or speech—that Jonghyun heard as soon as he entered his home. And it was from none other than Yonghwa, who stood there in front of him.

“You just lost your memory, didnt you? Because it seems that you already forget that this is not your house. Why you’re here before the owner?” Jonghyun replied him with bored tone, ignoring Yonghwa’s speech before.

“Because I want to.” Yonghwa grinned. “This place is closer from my office than mine.”

“Then buy a house next to your office. Don’t act like you can’t afford it.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen to get some cold drinks.

“Why should I buy it when you have this.”

Jonghyun just ignored him and sipped his orange juice. “Why secretary Han kept calling me these days? Didn’t I already make it clear?”

Yonghwa stared at him for a while before he answered Jonghyun’s question. “Of course because he has something to talk with you. Why you didn’t answer it?”

“I dont have anything to talk.” Jonghyun said with cold tone and took another sip. “And I dont want to talk anything with them.”

Yonghwa sighed. “You know two weeks later the General Meeting of Shareholders will be held.”

“I didn’t relate to any of those meetings.”

Yonghwa exhaled a loudly again. He stared at Jonghyun and finally gave up. “Arasseo. I’ll stop talking about those s. Come on, hurry take a shower and have a game duel with me.” He tossed the empty bottle to Jonghyun and grinned widely when it succesfully hit him. “Ten minutes, or I’ll mark you as a coward.” He mocked Jonghyun before he rushed off from the kitchen, preparing to play a soccer game. Leaving Jonghyun who just sighed with his choding act.

 

 

 

“So, I heard that you’re already become someone’s boyfriend?” Yonghwa asked when they’re already dueling.

Jonghyun paused the game and turned at him with annoying look. “You’re surely spying on me, aren’t you, hyung?”

Yonghwa chuckled as he pressed the resume button. “Tell me, you fall in love with her?”

Jonghyun sighed. “I dont even know it, yet. But I told her too about that.”

“What?” Yonghwa frowned. “You asked Doctor Im to be your girlfriend but you also told her that you’re still not sure if you’re in love with her or not? What a very blur guy!”

“Tsk. I told her that ‘love’ is still too heavy to describe what kind of feeling that I have for her. But for sure, and for now, I don’t want her to leave me.”

Yonghwa secretly smiled as he heard what just Jonghyun said. “That’s a good news. It feels like my dongsaeng is back again.” He glanced at Jonghyun. “Can I spread this good news?”

“Do what you want, hyung. Because I know no matter what kind of answer that I have, you’ll still do what you want.” Jonghyun responded in a boring tone.

Yonghwa literally turned his head at Jonghyun while giving him a meaningfull look. “You surely changed a lot.” He said with a satisfied smile.

 


* * *

 

“Usually, if you came here, it must be because you’re curious of something, not because you missed your father.”

Yoona grimaced with his dad’s words as soon as she just entered his office room. “Aish, who said that? I’m here because I miss my dad so much.” She put a sweet smile.

Director Im just laughed towards his daughter’s fake act. “Tell me. What brings you here?”

“Are you busy right now, appa?” Yoona asked while putting a spoiled expression.

“Not that busy. I just have an appointment with a guest later.”

“Then I’ll leave when that guest come.” Yoona grinned again and seated down herself on the chair across the table. “So, appa. I did something yesterday, and it makes me curious to death until right now.”

“What is it?” Im Hee Sung asked while still reading the files in front of him.

“Actually Yuri and I checked the staff personal bios yesterday, well personal reasons for Yuri. And we accidentally found that some of bios couldn’t be accessed...”

“Such as?” Im Hee Sung raised his head and stared at his daughter. “Doctor Lee?” he didn’t wait for Yoona to answer but even giving her a meaningful smile when he saw Yoona just got caught. “Or what I heard these days... are officially your boyfriend?”

“Omo! How could you even heard that news appa??” Yoona stared at her dad in disbelief.

“When everyone in this hospital are talking about that, it’s easy to eavesdrop them all.” Im Hee Sung chuckled. “I’m not surprised, Yoongie. Last time he came to our house, I already know that the place which you’ve been overslept there that night when I didnt find you in your own apartment, is his house. Am I right?”

“I didn’t do anything, appa. I was clearly slept there, only sleep.” Yoona reminded him. “Then why appa is being quiet? Last time I’ve dated with someone, I remember appa is very noisy and turned so protective suddenly, more than usual.”

“It’s because, after all this time, you finally dated a right guy.”

“Huh?” Yoona frowned. “It sounds like I dated many bad guys before and as for Doctor Lee, appa know him so well.”

“That’s true.” Im Hee Sung nodded in agreement. “Last time, you were dating a singer, which always wear something black and many skull accesories whenever he came to our house.”

Yoona chuckled upon hearing the way of her Dad explained about Donghae. “Arasseo, let me get the topic back. Put aside the dating news first.”

“Which one?”

“That his bio is restricted. Why, appa? When I even still could open basic bio of Chief Jung. But him? Even the basic one is restricted.”

“People have the right to secure their bios, Yoona. To avoid some stalkers like you...” Im Hee Sung chuckled.

“Appa, I’m not a stalker!” Yoona pouted. “I’m just curious...”

“Curious about what?”

“Ehm...” Yoona bites her lower lips. “I just want to see when is his birthday, etc...” she mumbled but in next second, she suddenly startled because someone just knocked on the door. “Is it your guest, appa? Ugh, why they have to be so fast?”

Im Hee Sung just gave her a meaningful smile before the door opened and before Yoona can even responded it, the door already opened and showing a very familiar figure there. “Oh, Jonghyun. Come inside.”

Jonghyun, who was a bit surprised seeing Yoona was there too, still nodded and enter the room. “I’m sorry, Director. I dont know that I’m interrupting—“

“No, Jonghyun. I was the one who called you. Take a seat.”

“Thank you, Director.” Jonghyun pulled a chair beside Yoona while glancing at her. “Hi.” He mouthed the words while flashing a little smile to her.

Yoona replied him with a frown. Why, God, Why?? His eyebags are really getting worse everytime I saw him...

Im Hee Sung glanced at the two in front of them and put down his files. “Kkaja.”

“Eh??” Yoona and Jonghyun spoke in unison. “Where?” Yoona asked.

“Lunch.” Im Hee Sung answered. “Actually I wanted to ask Doctor Lee to have a lunch together in here while discussing some topics about his research, but since Yoona is here too then let’s just having a lunch together outside. Is it okay?”

“Of course, Director Im.” Jonghyun answered, looks excited. It must been a while that he ate outside the hospital... Yoona thought and followed them went out from Director’s room.

 

 

 

“Honestly, I’m curious.” Im Hee Sung said while they were having lunch together in a Japanese restaurant. “Since Yoona never told me about this, when did you two start dating each other?”

Yoona, who was munching her food, almost choked with her Dad’s words. “Why you have to be so curious appa?” she protested, while Jonghyun just grimaced calmly.

“Not so long ago, Director. Actually we’ve just started.” He still managed to answer it, while glancing at Yoona. “I apologize because I didn’t ask you about this, Director.”

“Yya…” Im Hee Sung chuckled. “The one that you should just ask is Yoona only, not me. You don’t have to apologize. Unless you’re going to marry her, that’s the condition when you have to ask my permission.”

This time, Jonghyun joined Yoona who almost choked by the words. “Appa!” Yoona protested. “Mian, Jonghyun. I never know that appa can be so bluntly like this…”

Jonghyun just smiled. “Nevermind,” he answered calmly. “And I’ll make sure to remember the order if I’m going to marry her, Director,” he added, makes him earning a glare from Yoona and a satisfied laugh from Im Hee Sung.

“Say! How could you talk about marriage thing so freely like that?” Yoona asked with demanded voice as soon as her Dad is going to toilet, leaving only Jonghyun and her for a while.

“It’s not so ‘freely’.” Jonghyun defended. “I’m serious about that.”

“About what?” Yoona frowned. Marriage? He must be kidding me. Since when he has a thought about marriage when he’s not even sure about being in a relationship?

Jonghyun put down his chopsticks and stared at Yoona. “Although I’m like this… but I still have to marry someone, right?”

“And?”

“And… I can’t think of anyone else except you. I mean, not now, of course!” Jonghyun added in a hurry when he saw Yoona was quite shocked. “But I always consider about the possibility, Yoona. Although I realized it clearly that first thing that I should’ve done is… falling in love. I mean, in love for real, for clear.”

“You’re lucky because appa is back.” Yoona said as she saw her Dad is already walking towards them. “If not, I might won’t let you to eat anymore because you have to explain it all very clearly to me,” she hissed, which makes Jonghyun, once again, let out a calm smile.

 

* * *

 

“CEO Jung.”

“Director Im.” Yonghwa bowed politely as he saw Director Im just entered his own office room, which he was there a few minutes earlier and being told to wait because Director Im is having a lunch outside hospital.

“I’m sorry, CEO Jung, for making you wait. We were having a lunch a bit far from hospital. That’s why it took a longer time to go back.”

“Nevermind, Director Im. I’m the one who apologize because I suddenly want to meet.” Yonghwa grimaced. “You know what I’m up to, Director?” he asked.

Im Hee Sung took out a black folder with a Hanhwa Hospital logo along with ‘Strictly Confidential’ sign on it from his drawer. “You must be already heard it from Secretary Han, CEO Jung.”

Yonghwa sighed heavily. “Yes. Can you please explain to me, Director Im? How is it?”

Im Hee Sung opened the folder which contains many diagnosed files of a patient. “Sure, CEO Jung.”

 

*

 

“Hyung!”

Yonghwa turned his head and found Jonghyun was approaching him. “Hey, kid.”

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Jonghyun asked curiously because he just found Yonghwa in the hospital’s front lobby, meanwhile he didn’t meet him at all today. So who’s the person that he’s up to?

“There are some business things that need to talk with Director Im.” Yonghwa answered casually. “Wanna help me?” he smirked.

“No.” Jonghyun said coldly. “Are you leaving already?”

“I have to attend another meeting in an hour, Jong. Ah, before I left, I got some news to tell you. Mind to buy me a cup of coffee?”

“How come a CEO asked for a coffee from a doctor?” Jonghyun rolled his eyes but still approaching the coffee shop in the front lobby along with Yonghwa. “What is it?” he asked as he handed one Ice Americano for Yonghwa and sat on the corner.

“I heard Tiffany didn’t leave Seoul yet...” Yonghwa started to talk. “She’s still here. Have you meet her again?”

Jonghyun frowned, a bit uneasy with the fact. “No. Never. What is she doing here? Work?”

“No.” Yonghwa shook his head. “She didn’t sign any contracts nor projects in Seoul. But that makes me wondering why she’s still here.” He muttered.

“As long as she didn’t create any mess with me.” Jonghyun concluded. “It’s ok.”

That’s what I’m afraid of... Yonghwa thought but didn’t spit it out to Jonghyun. He nodded in agreement and took a sip of his americano. “Where’s your girlfriend?”

“On duty.” Jonghyun answered shortly, earning a smirk on Yonghwa’s face. “Why?”

“You didn’t deny anything when I said ‘your girlfriend’. What a good sign. Just marry her.”

Jonghyun almost spilled his coffee when he heard Yonghwa’s words. He glared at Yonghwa as he put down his drink. “You marry first! Aren’t you planning to get married? You’re become old very soon!”

“Yya! I’m only three years older than you!”

“Three years are big number.” Jonghyun resisted. “Aren’t you afraid if your girlfriend—who’s her name again?—left you because you aren’t going to propose?”

Yonghwa chuckled. “No. She won’t leave me. This one is very difference. And by the way, her name is Seo Joohyun. Try to remember your soon-to-be sister-in-law’s name.” He patted Jonghyun’s head with his phone. “I’m leaving first, dongsaeng. Don’t forget to go home.”

“Okay. But first, get married, hyung.”

“Of course! Do I look like want to spend my entire life alone, just like you???” Yonghwa almost shouted before he left. “Hell, no! I’m still normal, you know!” he laughed.

Jonghyun stared at Yonghwa’s back until his hyung is out of sight. He sighed heavily again and stared at the view outside. You do, hyung. Don’t think that I didn’t know what’s your reason. It’s because of me. I know it. You ever said it when you’re drunk, that’s why you might won’t remember it. You don’t want to be happy alone while I’m still suffering. Although I’m okay, hyung. Just think about yourself first, I beg you. You already gave me enough, why you still sacrifice anything for me? His lips formed a smile as he saw Yonghwa entered the car. Aish, if only you’re not that annoying and choding, I really want to tell you that I’m so thankful for having you as my hyung...

 

 

 

 


hi sorry for the very late update.

currently I'm joining a writing competition, that's why I can't update this story as well.

Btw, if you are from the same country with me, maybe you want to read it if you're interested enough LoL. Here's the link

any comments will be always appreciated ^^

thank you all and see y next chapter.