Chapter 06

Secrets

When Mina was arriving at her classroom the next day she was surprised to see someone waiting for her at the corridor. She was happy - she hated to admit it but she liked the presence of Momo - but what happened yesterday came to her mind. She decided to walk past the girl. From her peripheral vision she saw Momo slight movement, her arms reaching out towards her but never really touching. Momo's mouth also opened as well, as if she was about to say something.

And yes, Momo did intend to approach Mina, but by now she was scared by Mina's attitude towards her. They had just gotten a bit closer, or so she thought after Mina replied her, but she felt like she broke the trust. She did not understand why or how she did it, but she knew one thing - she had probably hurt the girl badly. Watching Mina enter the classroom, Momo sighed as she walked away. 

Mina on the other hand was met with yet another surprise as she found something on her table. It was a small snack, together with a card. It was obvious that the card was personally decorated, and evident that the person who did it was not exactly artistically inclined. She sat down and opened the card.

Hey Mina. I hope you're okay from yesterday's fall, it looked pretty bad :/ I'm sorry for what I said yesterday. Honestly speaking I do not know which part of my statement made you so upset, but it's the truth I hurt you so I'm really sorry about it. If you forgive me and let me know what's wrong, I promise I won't make the same mistake again. Please forgive me.. ㅠㅠ

P.S Sorry for the badly designed card, I can't do art.

-Momo

Mina smiled towards the end, as she saw Momo's signature above her name. It was in Japanese and there was a cute peach drawn.  She felt slightly bad, technically speaking Momo did nothing wrong. She was the one with problems, she was the one with insecurity, she was the one who got angry for nothing. It was an innocent mistake on Momo's part. She folded the card and placed it neatly in her file.

 

***

 

"So you just spend your time following her around all day now?" Sana questioned, annoyance evident in her tone. She had told Momo clearly not to get close to Mina, and her cousin had obviously turned a deaf ear to her advice.

"Correction, not all day. Just after school, when I'm free." Momo clicked her tongue, not understanding Sana's intentions. "I don't get why you're so against it. Aren't you overreacting a little too much?"

"Overreacting?" Sana was truly frustrated. She turned to the girl next to her. "Tzuyu, she just said I was overreacting!"

Tzuyu sighed, she knew she had to speak up. "Momo, I hope you understand that Sana just wants the best for you. We know her for so long, for you even so much longer, and I'm sure you're aware that Sana wouldn't react like that for nothing. Mina really isn't someone you'd want to be with, the other people might just target you as well!"

Momo stood up, unable to control her anger anymore. "Being targeted at wasn't her choice! Do you think she wanted it? Do you think she voluntarily signed herself up for it? No! If she can't stand up for herself, shouldn't we help her?"

"It's complicated, Momo."

"You guys are making it complicated! It's as simple as it is - she's not being treated in a nice manner and she's facing all these alone!" Momo stomped off after completing her sentence. She could not understand why everyone could stand watching so many things happen to Mina and not help her.

"They might target you too, Momo!" Honestly, Momo did not care. Afterall, she was the master of pranks and fights. If they wanted to, two can play the game. 

 

*** 

 

Mina sighed when she left the library and felt someone following her again. Since that day, Momo had never tried to approach her ever again, but she knew the girl was always near her, until the moment she left school.

The only few times they interacted was when Momo called her and ended up stuttering again. Mina could never understand why. All she knew was that she was increasingly finding Momo's weirdness cute. And she also realised that whenever Momo did that, something seemed to happen to someone else.

Then it hit Mina - the reason why she was receiving less pranks recently. Momo had been saving her all these while. There was even that one time that Momo ran past her and went straight into the prank itself - her getting all wet and dirtied.

Mina was knocked out of her thoughts when she bumped into someone. It was the gang who pushed her previously again. She gave a quick bow, apologising. Then she realised she did not accidentally knock into them, they were out to look for her, and probably bully her again.

Once again Mina was pushed, and she mentally prepared herself for the impact. Her wounds were getting better, but it still hurt. She was sure falling so hard was bound to worsen it again.

But she did not fall hard. This time round, Momo was fast enough to break the fall for her. She fell on Momo instead.

"What are you doing?" The head of the gang shouted upon seeing Momo's actions.

Mina quickly got off Momo, worry evident on her face. "Oh gosh Momo! Are you okay?" She offered her hand to the girl on the ground.

Momo could not help but smile a little at the concern Mina was giving her. She took her hand, using it to get up. "I'm fine." 

She then turned to the group of girls. She was not going to hold it in anymore. "I'm protecting her."

Momo grabbed Mina's hand and walked past the girls. As she walked past the leader, she whispered, "Don't you dare touch her again. Trust me, you don't want to mess with me."

As they walked further, a scream of frustration was heard. Momo smirked victoriously, she had succeeded.


 

A/N: Things seem to be getting better for MiMo! Momo the hero :) 

Thanks for subscribing, upvoting and commenring so far! I really appreciate you guys - both silent readers and those who comment, and I'm happy to know that y'all are enjoying the story, though I'm still lacking a lot in terms of writing. 

There's also a SaTzu oneshot I'm going to write soon, do check it out^^