Chapter 10

Secrets

"How's Momo?" Tzuyu popped out from behind Sana, her hand instantly placed on the latter's waist. She laughed when the girl jumped a little and shouted, "You shocked me!"

That was exactly the reaction she had expected. She loved disturbing her girlfriend. 

"I know," Tzuyu chuckled, before leaning in to place a kiss on Sana's forehead. She was unsuccessful, though, for the other girl turned away, pouting.

"Aww, are you angry?" Tzuyu shifted herself so she was facing the angry girl. "Hmm? Is my Sana angry? I'm sorry."

Sana was slightly angry, but more of her just wanted to get back at Tzuyu. But when the girl said 'my Sana', all her anger disappeared instantaneously.

"I'm sorry Sana, I promise never to do it again." Tzuyu was truly apologetic, she had not expected her girlfriend to be so unhappy over it.

She watched as Sana made a sound of annoyance and walked away. Tzuyu smiled. It was something Sana would do everytime she got semi-angry at her, but end up giving in to her soon after. She quickly caught up with her girlfriend.

"So how's you and Momo?" Tzuyu really hoped that they talked things out, and was more than glad to hear Sana confirm that they did. "That's great, you don't have to be so sad anymore. How's she?"

"I think she's better, Chewy, thanks for the concern." Sana loved how caring Tzuyu was to her and everyone around her. "Oh right, Chewy-ah, Momo's having a competition this coming weekend, will you come with me to support her?"

"Of course, anything for my dear princess," Tzuyu successfully planted a kiss on Sana's forehead, her action and words making the other girl look down to hide her blushing face. "Plus, she dances really well too. Would be a waste to miss it, right?"

 

***

 

"Why do you always look at me? Don't you need to study?" Mina asked, not looking up from her notes.

"I don't like studying, it's boring. Plus, it's not my fault that you're so beautiful it's distracting." Momo herself was shocked at what she said. It was what she had in mind, but never ever would she have expected herself to say things like this out. Watching the other girl's face turn red, she smiled. The girl was cute.

"Yah, don't say things like that." Mina lightly pushed Momo before focusing back on her notes. Momo laughed softly, and Mina thought it was the nicest sound she had ever heard.

"Ah, I need to go practise my dance now," Momo stood up, ruffling the other girl's hair, which made her heart flutter. Mina was not used to any form of affection - action-wise or words-wise. The love and warmth Momo gave her was something that was very foreign to her. "Oh and here's a snack I got for you, eat it later when you take a break from studying."

Momo walked away before the studying girl could respond. The latter was so touched by the gesture. Occasionally, she still had doubts as to whether letting Momo in her life was the right decision. As days passed, she increasingly dismissed the idea. She was glad that she made the decision. She was so much happier than before.

 

***

 

Mina hid behind the wall, looking into the dance room secretly. Due to the upcoming competitions, Momo was unable to spend time with her after school for the next few days.

There were a few dancers inside, yet Mina's focus was only on one of them. She watched as the dancers were seemingly getting scolded, by whom Mina assumed was the instructor. She frowned, they look so tired and disappointed. She looked so tired and disappointed.

Then she got a shock when someone called her name. "Oh, Mina-ah! What are you doing here?"

It was Sana and Tzuyu, who happened to be passing by. 

"Er-Er-Erm.." Mina was flustered, she could not find any excuse. Actually, Sana knew why she was here. It was clear, was it not? Tzuyu hit Sana, telling her to stop teasing the poor girl. Sana could only laugh. She found it amusing.

"It's okay, I guess you were just walking past too, right?" Sana glanced over at Tzuyu, who just shook her head. She just had to accept it, her girlfriend was and will always be like that. "Anyway, Momo's having a competition this weekend, do you want to go with us?"

Mina furrowed her brows. She wanted to go, she really wanted to support Momo. But her parents usually did not let her go anywhere, and it would be quite hard to lie to them because they hired a chauffeur to send her to wherever she needed to go.

"Are you busy? If you are, it's fine."

"S-Sure, I can make it! Where is it?" Mina made a hasty decision. If she really snuck out or lied to her parents, she knew she would get into trouble.

"I'll just get your number from Momo's phone and send you the venue and time! See you!"

As the two girls walked away, people started coming out from the dance room, so Mina just hid in a corner. Everyone would have been shocked if they saw the school's cold and hardworking girl stand there, watching a dance practice. Well, people are already shocked whenever they saw her with Momo.

The girls walked past her, but she realised that Momo did not. Returning to her original position behind the wall, she saw that the girl was inside dancing again. Mina walked to the door and took in a deep breath before opening it. "May I come in?"

Momo turned her head upon hearing the familiar voice, her serious expression turning into a smile immediately as she saw the girl. She was so happy to see her. If not for the fact that she was all sweaty and sticky, she would have hugged the girl. "Hey, what are you doing here? Aren't you studying?"

"Needed a break, so I decided to drop by," Mina smiled, passing Momo a drink. "Here, this is for you."

Mina felt awkward. She was never one to show affection, even if it was just giving a random gift like this. But it made her feel really good as she saw the smile on Momo's face as she took it.

"The rest have left, why are you still dancing?" Momo looked extremely exhausted, Mina just really wanted her to go home, take a shower and rest.

"Instructor said we weren't that ready yet, so I'm brushing up on my individual parts," Momo explained, "Plus, there's an individual competition too."

"But you're tired."

"It's okay," Momo put the bottle down as she got herself ready to dance again. "Dancing makes me happy."

For Momo, losing a dance competition was definitely a no-no. That one time she lost, she beat herself up for it. It was not just her passion, but the fact that dancing was what her grandfather really wanted her to do. He saw the potential in her. As a result, it always made her feel like she was making her grandfather proud whenever she won a competition.


A/N: MiMo progressing a little + mini SaTzu for y'all

Hope you guys liked this chapter (: