Chapter 28

Secrets

"Hello? Is this someone related to Miss Myoui Mina?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Miss Mina has been caught in a car accident and is currently in a surgery now. May I trouble you to-"

"Which hospital is it?"

After hanging up, Momo rushed out of the restaurant and boarded the first cab that stopped. It actually stopped for other people who had been waiting for some time, so there were some sounds of discontentment as Momo boarded the cab, but the latter could not care less about it. She only had one thing in mind - to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

 

 

***

 

 

On the way to the hospital, Momo had contacted Mr and Mrs Myoui and informed them about the accident. They arrived at the hospital a little later than Momo did, and when they reached, they saw the young girl - whom they had grown rather fond of after the girl having visited their house several times - seated on the floor, her knees tucked in her arms and her head down.

"Momo," Mrs Myoui called caringly. Though she used to be a terrible mother, Momo had, indirectly or not, taught her a lot and made her reflected on her actions towards their only daughter, Mina. Because of that, Mrs Myoui had always thought of Momo as a mature child. Adding on to that, knowing that Momo was living alone in a foreign country, she had gradually started to treat the young girl as her own daughter too. She was concerned about her biological daughter who was battling for her life in the surgery room, but seeing the other girl so crushed pained her too.

Upon hearing her name, Momo stood up and went into Mrs Myoui's arms immediately. "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault, Momo."

"It is.. I-If I d-didn't-"

"Shh it's not," Mrs Myoui cooed, rubbing circles around Momo's back. "Mina will be okay, hmmm?"

Her actions, however, made Momo cry more as they reminded her so much of Mina. The girl did not say anything more though, for in her subconscious mind she knew that Mrs Myoui would be as worried, if not more. It would not be right for her to let Mrs Myoui comfort her like that.

 

 

Momo had also decided to call Sana, who came with Tzuyu since they happened to be together. Ever since they arrived, Momo had been sobbing continuously in her cousin's arms.

The surgery door opened after a few hours, and everyone present stood up at once. Fortunately, the surgeon said that Mina's life was no longer in immediate danger. However, she was in coma, and it was unknown as to when she would wake up. There was even a slight chance that she never would.

All of them felt devastated at the news. Mr Myoui had to hold Mrs Myoui as her legs went limp after hearing the news. Sana looked at Momo who was next to her, but the girl seemed to have no reaction other than her eyes getting increasingly teary by the second. Sana was about to pull Momo into a hug when the latter suddenly gave her a look, an unreadable expression on her face, before running away.

"Momo!" Sana shouted after her, but the girl just ran away. She would have ran after Momo, but she knew better that she would not be able to catch up. Worried sick about both Mina and Momo, she broke down instantaneously.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Sana and Tzuyu stayed for an hour or two after they were informed of Mina's ward number. They wanted to stay a little longer, but Mr and Mrs Myoui told them to look for Momo instead. Ever since the girl ran away, she had not came back, or even called back for that matter.

While waiting for the bus together, Sana cried in Tzuyu's arms again. "Tzuyu, w-what if Momo does something stupid? I... She c-can't, Tzuyu, I can't afford to live without her.."

"She won't, you told me she's strong, remember? She's a really strong person... I'm sure she just needs some time to herself to sort things out." Tzuyu tightened her embrace, hoping that her girlfriend would feel better.

 

 

That night, Sana and Tzuyu had called Momo numerous times, and even went to her house to look for her. However, Momo never picked up, and she was not at home either. It took a lot of persuasion on Tzuyu's part to get Sana home to rest, and she even asked for permission from her parents to stay over at Sana's, knowing that the girl needed a lot of comfort.

 

 

***

 

 

Sitting by Mina's bed was Sana, who had her hands wrapped around Mina's. Tzuyu was standing next to her. They had been there for a while, neither of them saying anything, but both knew how each other was feeling.

The door opened, it was Mina's parents. Mrs Myoui walked over and patted Sana's back, making the girl look up.

"Still no news of Momo?"

Sana could only shake her head, her eyes watering at the thought.

Two weeks passed, already halfway through the third. Mina was still lying unconscious in the hospital bed, while Momo was still uncontactable. Sana had been heading over to Momo's apartment everyday, once in the morning and another time in the evening, but Momo was never around. The worried girl had also sent her cousin tens of messages and called her several times, every day, but they were never able to contact Momo. Sometimes, the phone would even be turned off. 

Because of that, Sana had been having difficulties sleeping every night, and almost every other day she gets so concerned that she breaks down in Tzuyu's arms. Seeing her girlfriend like that, Tzuyu hated Momo for getting Sana all unrested and anxious. Yet, she understood that Momo was going through a very hard time. She just hoped that Momo would contact them soon, that way everyone, including Momo, would probably feel better.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. She'll be back once she's thought everything through."

Sana gave a slight smile, knowing that she probably could not say anything coherent.

 

They all hoped for the same - that both Mina and Momo would be okay.

 


A/N: So this is the third last chapter.. I'm sorry for this heh. Just 2 more chapters left, let's hope for a happy ending yeah?

Will try to end this story asap :)