Chapter 29

Secrets

[Momo POV]

There was even a slight chance she would never wake up.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Auntie's knees buckle. It's all my fault, she might lose a daughter because of me.

Just when I was ready to move on and create a future with Mina, this has to happen. Why?

I feel suffocated, I want to get out of this place now. Maybe if I don't stay here, I would be able to breathe better. And maybe if I don't stay here, no one else will get hurt again.

My chest feels so tight, it almost literally hurts. I want to apologise, but instead I find my words stuck in my throat, and my eyes starts to tear up. I look at my cousin who is next to me. She's looking at me, and I know she wants to comfort me. But I don't deserve any comfort. I deserve all this guilt I'm feeling right now. I should have known better than to get so close to Mina. I knew, but I continued to get even closer. And now, it happened again.

I deserve what I'm feeling right now, but it's also too much to bear, so I did the thing I was best at, running away. I always ran away from my problems, and that's what I'm going to do. Without even looking back again, I run as fast as I can. I hear Sana calling me, but I just ignore it. 

I haven't really got the chance to explore Korea, so I'm still quite unfamiliar with it. There's only two places I can go now, and I choose to go to my dance studio because no one would be able to find me there. Well, no one except Mina, who's not going to wake up any time soon, because of me.

I pushed open the door and was greeted by the wall mirrors. The wall mirrors that I loved so much, because they let me improve on my dance. Yet now, they seem to be mocking at me, reflecting my face that was filled with tear streaks from all directions.

Frustrated, I screamed the loudest I could, and punched a wall nearby. I did so a few times, and hit the wall with all my might, ignoring the fact that my knuckles were already bleeding. I feel pain, but I could not be bothered about it because it is absolutely nothing compared to what I'm feeling inside. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Later that night, I went back. I purposely chose only to head back at such a timing, since everyone would have left by now. I was asking the counter which ward Mina was in when they noticed my hand that had dried blood on it. Despite my resistance, they brought me to a room where they bandaged my hand for me. They asked me what happened, but I just gave a weak smile in return.

When they were done, I thanked them before making my way to the ward. I peeked in through the door, and just as I expected, they had all left. I went in and saw the one I loved lying down on the bed, several wires connected to her. My heart ached at the sight.

I walked over and sat down, my hand placed over hers. I used my thumb to carress her hand a little, observing her face up close. She was paler than usual, but still as stunning as always. 

"I'm sorry," I managed to say. Immediately, I felt my emotions all come back again. Within seconds tears were rolling down my cheeks again, and more tears fell as I continued to apologise. I did not wipe them away. I wanted Mina to wake up and wipe them away for me.

 

 

 

I left when it was morning, when the day was about to start for most people. I spent my whole night staring at my love. I still love her, but right now all I want is for her to wake up, even if that meant I have to stay away from her to prevent anything from happening to her.

Before I left, I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you. Please wake up soon."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

My routine was the same every day. I would stay in my dance studio in the day and only step out during midnight to visit Mina. Mina was in the same position every day, and I would sit there and just admire her beauty all night. And I would just cry and wish that I was the one in her position instead. Then before I left, I'd make sure to kiss her on the forehead and remind her that I love her. I've always been nothing but a jinx, but a little part of me hope that if I told her sufficient times that I love her, she would wake up.

She did not deserve this. She did not deserve to suffer just because of my bad luck.

 

As time went by, I started getting worried that she really would not wake up. Every night, I become less hopeful and the realisation hits me harder by the day.

Because of me, Mina might never wake up.

Because of me, Sana and Tzuyu might be losing their friend.

Because of me, Mr and Mrs Myoui might lose their only daughter.

 

It's all my fault, and knowing that, it became increasingly difficult for me to bring myself to face them.

 

 


A/N:

Okay, so I wrote a Momo POV since I thought you guys would like to have an idea of her thoughts and where she is haha. 

Next chapter will be the last, and I will try to update it asap so I won't leave this hanging while I go for my examinations.

On a side note, I've also put up a new story here, which I'm not going to start writing until late Nov / Dec, but I would still appreciate it if you guys subscribe to it if it seems to interest you :)

Hope you liked this chapter, and see you in the next (& final) one!