Chapter 26

Secrets

"Sana, I'm going to ask her." The two were now lying on Sana's bed after having dinner, spending some time together before Momo went home.

"Ask her?" Sana looked over and gave a confused look.

"Yeah, you know... I'm going to ask Mina to...." Momo's eyes darted around, feeling a little uncertain of her decision.

"Oh gosh Momo! Really? That's cool! How are you going to do it?" Sana was beyond excited, it was something that was bound to happen and she was just glad that Momo was finally going to do it.

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it."

"Oh." Sana sat up, making the other do the same as well. She put her hands over Momo's. "Momo, are you finally...."

"No," Momo replied, knowing what Sana was trying to ask even though the girl never completed her question. "I haven't gotten over it, but I just thought it's about time. She doesn't deserve to be put through all these waiting just because I'm not ready. She just deserves so much better and I want to give her the best I can give."

"But Momo, if you're not ready then-"

"It's about time I get over it, Sana. Dahyun's been a huge part of my life, and I won't forget her, but the person I love right now is Mina."

Sana nodded and pulled Momo into a hug. "I'm glad you think that way actually. I'm just worried that you'll be committing to something that you're not prepared for."

"I'm not sure either, but with Mina, things will probably turn out well, right? I just hope nothing bad happens again."

Sana pulled back and frowned. "I told you, it has nothing got to do with you, Momo." When the slightly older girl just gave a smile, Sana got the hint that the girl did not want to argue over it now. Sana just sighed. "Anyways, how about your nightmares?"

"I told her already, about two weeks ago. I had a sleepover and she saw." Momo looked at her cousin and smiled. "Thanks Sana, I'm so glad I have you in my life."

"Aww, why is my cousin being so cheesy today?" Sana joked, unused to the current atmosphere around them. They argued, joked, insulted each other, talked about their deepest thoughts, and shared their feelings with each other, but when it came to expressing their gratitute towards each other, that was something that was seldom done, something that was understood by both of them even if they did not say it out loud.

Momo looked away, feeling a little embarrassed. "Nothing, I just think that I haven't showed enough of how thankful I am that I have you. Practically my whole life you've been here, next to me, to catch me when I fall and bring me back up."

Sana pinched Momo's nose, making the latter scrunch up her nose adorably. "I'm thankful to have you in my life too, Momo."

 

 

***

 

 

"Momo, are you okay? You've been looking quite tense." Mina asked softly, eyes still looking at her notes.

The two of them were in the library studying. While Mina was trying very hard to focus entirely, she could not help but notice that Momo kept looking over and seemed rather nervous.

"Erm.. Y-yeah, I'm okay." Momo quickly looked down at her own studying materials. Deciding that she could ask about it later, Mina returned to doing her work.

Not long after, Mina felt the girl looking at her again. From her peripheral vision, she could see that Momo kept opening and closing , as if she wanted to say something. Mina put down her pen and grabbed Momo's hand, before dragging her out of the library.

It was only until they reached to a rather secluded area did Mina let go of Momo's hands. Now that they were out of the library, Mina was determined to get it settled. The thought of Momo being troubled just did not sit well with her. 

Mina turned to face Momo and held both her hands. "Momo, is something wrong?"

"N-No.." Momo looked down to avoid Mina's gaze. "I-I just wanted to ask you if you w-wanted to have d-dinner with me on S-Saturday night."

Mina looked confused for a moment before breaking out in laughter. "Really, Momo? You were all so bothered just because you wanted to ask me that? Did you think I'd say no?"

Momo looked up and beamed, her nervousness disappeared entirely. "Is that a yes?"

"Of course," Mina replied, smiling back at the other girl. "You got be so worried for a moment."

"Sorry." Momo gave a sheepish smile.

Mina wrapped her arms around Momo, planting a kiss on the latter's forehead. She was truly relieved that it was nothing much after all. She was still quite confused as to why Momo was so tense over a simple question like that, but as long as Momo was back to normal now, there was no need to press her about it.

 


A/N: So, Momo's finally gonna do it.... Let's wish her all the best. :)

By the way, here's a rough schedule I'm going to try to work on.. So this story has a couple of chapters left only, and I have two rounds of exams (one from next week to end-Sept, and another in Nov). I intend to update once more during my Sept exams, and then I'll try to finish it up in Oct :)

I know I started out with a promise of updates every 2-3 days, but I haven't been able to do that for the past few weeks. I'm sorry for that, studies are just making me really busy and these upcoming exams are both really important (Nov one particularly).

Anyways, by hook or by crook I'll finish this story up before my Nov exams start alright (or I'll type in advance, whatever that works). I promise this story will have a proper ending.

I'm just gonna reveal here that I have another idea too, though ideas are not exactly thought through and stuff, so if it all goes well (if i have sufficient ideas), I'll start it towards the end of the year or something :) Just a headsup for that, and I hope that you guys will support that story if I do decide to write it~ But for now, please continue to support this story till the end~