Americano (BangDae)

B.A.P Drabbles

Prompt from yoodoyoo

Pairing: BangDae

"Imagine person A of your OTP being blind and gets lost, but person B comes along to help them. And person A falls in love with person B’s voice, then falls in love with them." 

 


 

Yongguk hadn’t been born blind, as a child he was like everyone else, he was free to see everything and anything. However due to a freak accident during Chemistry class in his 3rd year he was rendered blind. 

It’d been hard at the beginning and he’d been frustrated and depressed. But after a few years of not  seeing he got used to it. Now at the tender age of 22 he was only comfortable leaving the house with his sunglasses and walking stick. His sunglasses hid the terrible burns around his eyes.

According to the news Yongguk had heard that it was a beautiful day outside. And so he walked around his home getting dressed in appropriate clothing before he left the home. He lived with his dog Tigger who was trained to guide the blind but the puppy was sleeping so he didn’t want to wake him.

Yongguk walked along the sidewalk with his stick, tapping it in front of him as he hummed to himself. The sun was warm on his skin and he could feel a light breeze passing through his hair. It really was a beautiful day, he’d learned to appreciate the weather even though he couldn’t see it.

 He’d been living in his home long enough to know where he was going but he felt sick in his stomach. He didn’t feel reassured no matter where he turned or what he thought, parts of his mind cursed at him for not waking the dog. 

Judging by the sounds of music and dogs he was in a park, which was where he was aiming to be so he felt quite pleased with himself. Yongguk tripped over a peak in the cement and he fell forward landing on his hands, his glasses falling from his face.

Yongguk sighed and he began feeling around to find them, he only used his fingertips because he could tell that his palm was shredded. Yongguk sighed and reached for his stick maybe he could find them that way.

“Here, this belongs to you.” a velvety voice called out to him and Yongguk froze. He looked up at whoever was in front of him and he held out his hand letting his sunglasses drop into his open palm. He put them on his face and the person handed him his walking stick before helping him up.

“Thank you.” Yongguk breathed, and he could swear he heard the person smiling. He didn’t know where the stranger was but he could feel the body heat so he knew they were close.

“No problem, need any help getting where you’re getting?” the person was all smiles Yongguk could hear it. His voice was deep, not nearly as deep as his own but it was there. Judging by the way he spoke he was pretty young as well.

“It’s okay, I wouldn’t want to bother you in any way. Thank you for helping me.” Yongguk politely rejected before he continued on his merry way. He heard footsteps catching up to him and he turned to his left.

“Wait hyung, I really don’t have anything going on. Please, may I spend some time with you?” Yongguk was starting to feel heart palpitations because of this voice. Either this person was attracted to him (god he wished) or he was genuinely bored.

“Please accompany me then, I’m Bang Yongguk, 22, you?” Yongguk introduced himself, holding out his hand to somewhere in front of him. A warm hand grasped his own but gently so that his fresh wounds were not disturbed.

“Jung Daehyun, 21, so I guess you are my hyung.” laughter erupted from the younger and Yongguk smiled as well. Daehyun’s laugh was warm, and he could only imagine how bright the younger’s smile was as well. 

Yongguk raised an eyebrow when the younger didn’t let go of his hand and he found himself being led by Daehyun. He heard Daehyun singing to himself and the sound was melodic and angelic, he could officially say he wanted to hear more of this voice.

Through their day together Yongguk learned that Daehyun was a caretaker at a local kindergarten, and that he was having a bad day until he decided to help Yongguk. He also learned that the younger loved food and he loved singing. He believed that smiles were magic so he’d always try to smile to people who needed some magic in their day.

And Yongguk found that beautiful.

They arrived at Yongguk’s house after a few hours and Yongguk was reluctant to let go of the younger’s hand. Daehyun released his hold and Yongguk smiled before heading towards his door,

“Hyung, I put my number on your phone, speed dial #4 okay? Don’t expect to get rid of me so soon.” Daehyun chuckled and Yongguk smiled, he nodded and thanked Daehyun before the male was on his way.

He could feel himself falling but he wouldn’t admit it till they had gone on their nth date. 

 

Americano - 10cm