Tell Her You Love Her (BangLo)

B.A.P Drabbles

"Daddy?" Yongguk lifts his head from the book in his lap and he sees a silhouette in the doorway, the dim lighting of the hallways illuminate the small child clutching his stuffed elephant and his shadow looks long on the floorboards.

"What is it Jun?" he mumbles at the sight of his son and when he glances at the clock he notices it's already 11pm, meaning his 5 year old son really shouldn't be awake at this time.

Yongguk places his book down on the nightside table and he pats the bed, Jun stumbles across the floor and he climbs onto the bed, making his way to his father's arms. He easily accomodates the 5 year old and holds him close in his arms.

"Can you tell me about mommy?" the child whispers, the question goes straight to Yongguk's heart and he doesn't hesitate to press a kiss on his son's head. Jun wriggles close to him, the stuffed elephant being squeezed tightly between his little fingers.

"Your mommy Jun, was the most beautiful person I have ever loved." he begins and the child revels in the soft timbre of his father's low voice. He closes his eyes and snuggles into his father's chest in a comfortable manner.

"You see, your mother and I met when we were in university. We were partners for an assignment where we had to describe emotion in our own words." he closes his own eyes as he speaks, mind too tired to wonder if the words he was using were too complex for a 5 year old.

"At that time we didn't know each other. But through that project we talked more and more and eventually we fell in love." he sighs as he speaks, gently his son's head.

"Your daddy did something really bad Jun..." he opens his eyes and looks around the large room. He could vaguely remember the clothes hanging in the closet and the shoes strewn across the floors messily.

"What did you do daddy?" Jun's little voice is laced with sleepiness and Yongguk smiles down at his son who'd managed to stay awake to listen to him. He closes his eyes once more and the faint flashes of Junhong in tears made his heart ache.

"Let me tell you something Jun. When you fall in love with someone. You should always tell them. Tell them with all your heart how much you love them.

It's easy to tell someone you love them. It doesn't have to be, "I Love You" it can be, sending them a good morning text or calling them to say goodnight." he can remember when he used to wake up with numerous texts blowing up his phone.

"The little things are important, like listening to them tell you something very secret. And sharing one back. When they tell you what they dream of and what they believe, share them as well." Yongguk had been too afraid to do so.

"When your heart tells you something, listen to it. Your heart knows best. Don't run away from your feelings Jun. They might be scary but it hurts more to run away then to chase forward." Jun pushes the elephant to the side and he opts to hug his daddy's waist.

"It doesn't take much to show someone how much you love them. Always speak the truth and always speak what your heart wants you to." Yongguk shakily presses another kiss against his son's forehead, eyes resting on the cherub child that looked so much like his mother.

"And most importantly, when she says she loves you, tell her you love her too." Yongguk gently caresses his son's cheek and the child's soft breathing indicates he's already fallen asleep.

Yongguk smiles bitterly and hugs his son tightly. He sighs his tears away and he promises himself he'll visit his happy memories with his deceased wife just this last time.

 

Tell Her You Love Her - Echosmith