Dear Genovese (BangLo)

B.A.P Drabbles

This one is solely inspired by this beautiful beautiful work of art my lovely friend Nana graced the world with today ;-;

Y'all should seriously go love it and appreciate it because it's so wonderful I thought it was a picture LOL

 

Yongguk sat cross legged on the cushion beneath his bottom with his eyes closed and a paintbrush in his hand. Although he had no idea what he wanted to paint, having the brush in his hand put his mind at ease.

He tries to remember the things he had seen in the past week and he lets his mind relive the dance recital he had attended the night before. Yongguk could distinctly remember the way that his husband had danced.

Junhong had purposely dressed in one of his large dress shirts, the fabric a soft silk. He had nothing but a pair of blank pants on and his feet were left bare as he stepped on the stage.

Yongguk opened his eyes and he pulled out the colours he'd need for this project. He pulled out his phone and placed it on the table before playing some soft music since he knew Junhong was still sleeping in the room next door.

He then checked the state of the water, making sure not a single thing was on the surface before he slowly dipped his brush into the white paint. Yongguk dropped a large amount of white into the centre before he used the brush to shape it.

He let it run through the paint and water, soft in their wake as he created the base of the image in his head. Yongguk could distinctly remember how Junhong's tucked in shirt came loose with his movement and how it trailed behind him as he turned.

Yongguk reached for the black paint next and he created a blob near the base of the shirt, not connecting it just yet. He then used another brush to seam the colours together in a way that they faded softly at the edges.

He then used a tint of green and grey to add dimension and he professionally created ribbons in which he expanded on to create the illusion of Junhong's pants. 

He was pleased at how it was turning out so far but he wouldn't know for sure until he re-created his husbands' beautiful skin and face. Yongguk took a little break and wiped the sweat on his forehead before he reached for his prepared mixture that resembled a shade of human flesh.

Yongguk fixed up the shoulders for a second noting how they weren't as broad as they were supposed to be before he dotted flesh tones in the place of Junhong's hands.

He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to recall the exact way the younger had curled his fingers when he swept the floor with his toes just as he jumped into a mid air tumble.

Yongguk let pink paint speckle onto the hand carelessly before he took a number of minutes shaping them into shadows laying on fingers. He then reached for the lightest shade of brown that he had and proceeded to create even more depth.

After about 10 minutes shaping one hand Yongguk then moved on to the next, making sure to define the lines of Junhong's other sleeve before he returned to the flesh tones.

He repeated the same process and although he'd usually be irritated at this point he pulled through because it wasn't just anyone he was painting. It was his ethereal husband.

Yongguk accidentally let out a sigh as he finished the other hand and he internally panicked when he saw the water ripple at the impact of his breath. He pursed his lips and squinted his eyes as he waited for the water to still once more and he sighed (away from the water) in relief when nothing major happened.

Yongguk let pinks, yellows and greys drop onto the white shirt freely before he began dragging them out into shadows and crevices with his paint brush. He grinned to himself at how well it was going and then he mentally prepared himself for the face.

He was well aware that the face could make or break the whole painting and he wondered whether he should leave it till tomorrow, but the fear of Junhong finding his unfinished work had him reaching for the flesh tones for what would hopefully be the last time.

For a moment Yongguk remained completely still, wondering how he could possibly paint a portrait of an angel himself. He pouted and sighed before he began creating Junhong's long neck.

Yongguk then began defining his jaw line and he meticulously painted his ear, letting water swirl round and round until he created the perfect replica. He used a tiny brush for a hint of silver and added Junhong's earring.

Yongguk the picked up dark browns since he never used black for the face and began drawing Junhong's features. He began with his eyes, then his nose and finally his lips.

He gently created eyelashes and gently defined the nose and slight lip part as much as he could. Once he was satisfied he went in with a soft pink in order to accentuate Junhong's lips and he made sure to add a tint of red.

Yongguk admires the face once he's done and he holds a hand over his beating heart, glad that he didn't mess it up. Of course it wasn't as perfect as the model himself but it looked like a painting. Which was what it was.

He then lazily did the hair since it was the least difficult, although Junhong's layered and two toned colour caused him some trouble. Once he was finished with Junhong himself he created dollops of dark navy, red and purple.

Yongguk dragged the colours into one another and shaped the back ground to his painting, making sure not to disturb Junhong in the middle. It was tedious but he managed to let them blend naturally and he finished with a splatter of white flecks all over the backdrop.

Warm arms wrapping around his neck and resting on his shoulders made him jump and he looked up only to have soft lips on his forehead. Junhong stood behind him with messy hair and sleepy eyes.

"You painted me?" he questioned in a raspy voice, rubbing sleep from his eyes. Yongguk grinned at him and nodded, pressing a kiss to Junhong's hand, just above his wedding ring.

"You were absolutely beautiful yesterday love." Yongguk tells him and Junhong blushes at the compliment. He then removes a sheet of paper from the pile near them and hands it to his husband.

"I'm waiting for the big reveal." he said with a smile and Yongguk picked up his smallest paintbrush before he placed his sign in the corner, a fancy BYG. He then waited for Junhong to remove his arms before he stood up.

Yongguk carefully and slowly drapped the paper onto the surface of the water, making sure that not a single part sunk too fast or too early. He let go of the edges and allowed the paper to lay there peacefully and he took in a deep breath.

He then lifted the corners ever so slightly before he lifted the paper off of the water. Yongguk had his eyes closed as he lay the sheet down on the table to his left in order to allow it to dry and he prayed that it transferred properly.

"Open your eyes Yongguk hyung." Junhong whispered into his ear and he obeyed. Yongguk looked over the state of his painting and it was absolutely perfect. He couldn't have done it any other way.

"Thank you, I love you." Junhong says whole heartedly as he wraps his arms around Yongguk's neck and the man pulls him in by his waist. He kisses him deeply and pulls away when they run out of air.

"I love you too."

 

Dear Genovese - NELL

 

------------------------------

A/N

Did I just write 1.3k words on an art I don't know about? Why yes, yes I did

Water painting is really cool y'all if you're not familiar with it, there's videos on youtube :D

Right when I saw her artwork I thought of water painting for some reason, maybe cause it's so soft *^*

I wanted to do a lil more on his thoughts while painting but I kind of wrote for like 40 minutes straight and it's a drabble so I won't

Thank you~ and Nana ahhhh I can't get over how much I love it LOL

I hope I didn't disappoint you with this ;-; since it's not really banglo or related to your drawing in any sense >.<

- Airi

P.S. I was referring to your drawing a lot while writing LOL especially with the colour tones you used xD hope you don't mind ;-;