Shelter (BangLo)

B.A.P Drabbles

Prompt from Airi LOL <3

Pairing: BangLo

"I'll give them Shelter, like you've done for me"

 

"Uncle Junhong! Uncle Junhong!" Junhong lifts his head at the sound of numerous little voices calling his name and he sees a group of small children tumbling towards him, as well as their teacher.

"Hello there, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae. Are your classes all done?" Junhong greets them happily and he lifts Youngjae into his lap, not minding the paperwork that he settles aside.

"Yep! Today we learned all about Music!" Himchan says in an excited tone and Junhong smiles at him, he then glances over to Jongup who is watching his students with a wide grin.

"They wanted to learn about how the school started. And I thought that why not hear it from the person who knows the story best?" Jongup explains and he seems slightly apologetic, day and night Junhong is busy with phonecalls after all.

"Hmm, I don't mind sharing the story. Let's head back to your room though, it's already 6pm and I want you all to finish your homework before bed." Junhong states in a "stern" tone as he sets Youngjae onto the ground.

"I'll meet you there!" Junhong yells and the children giggle as they run off towards the dorm rooms. He laughs at the sight and organizes his desk before following them. 

"Sorry about this Junhong-ah, I know you're busy." Jongup sighs as they reach the hallways, and they can evidently hear the 3 children squealing in their shared bedorom.

"It's quite alright hyung, it's been awhile since I've talked about him." Junhong stated quietly and before Jongup could send him any sympathy he entered the room. As he did so he watched as the children scrambled to their appropiate beds.

"Now, who can tell me what B.A.P stands for?" Junhong asks as he sits down on the edge of Youngjae's yellow bed, the child immediately climbs into his lap and hugs him.

"It stands for Best Absolute Perfect!" Daehyun blurts out and Himchan glares at him, having been patiently raising his hand to answer the question. Junhong pokes Youngjae's cheek to keep him awake before he begins.

"Right Daehyun, good job but remember to raise your hand next time." Junhong scolds him and Daehyun pouts but nods enthusiastically. Himchan then moves to Daehyun's bed to get closer and Jongup sits down on Himchan's pink sheets.

"This school all started with a small idea in a very large mind. I was once like you, lost and alone but then he saved me. He took me in and cared for me like how we all care for you here." Junhong smiles fondly at the memory and his heart aches,

"Who, Uncle Junhong?" Daehyun asks and Himchan lightly punches his arm, telling him to be quiet. Jongup gently pats the children's heads reminding them to behave.

"His name is Bang Yongguk. And he's the founding father of the B.A.P school. You see, when I was 15 I lost my mommy and daddy. I had no home and I was living in the streets, then Yongguk hyung found me." 

"Wow if he's Uncle Junhong's hyung then he must be our grandpa."

"Shh Daehyun!" 

"Yongguk hyung gave me a home and although I wasn't too sure at first I knew that he had a good heart. Yongguk hyung did a lot of good things you see, he used to go to the hospital and visit sick kids, reading them books every other day." Junhong Youngjae's cheek, since the boy was a book worm himself.

"I went with him a lot of the time. He taught me a lot of great things. He taught me that even though the world isn't always kind it is still our world. And the only way we can make it nice again is if we are nice too." Daehyun sneezes and Himchan rolls his eyes.

"You know, Yongguk hyung is the one who found all of you. He adopted you all as his children and you're living his dream right now." Junhong feels his heart swelling as he looks into those innocent eyes.

"Living his dream?" Youngjae asks, brows furrowed together in confusion. Junhong laughs and nods, 

"Yongguk hyung wanted to create a place where children like you, who have nothing, can gain everything. Warm meals, an education, a comfy bed to sleep in and most of all love." Junhong says as he hugs Youngjae tightly, the child's giggles reaching even his friends.

"Where is Grandpa Yongguk now? I want to meet him." Daehyun stands up suddenly, fists clenched as if he was ready to run to wherever Yongguk was hiding. Junhong's smiles grows sad and tears threaten to well up in his eyes.

"Yongguk hyung is no longer with us Daehyun, just before this school opened... when you were all very little. He went to Heaven, just like our mommy's and daddy's." Junhong chokes up but he doesn't cry. He could still remember those soft eyes looking into his own, even though his body was withering away.

"He's in Heaven with mommy and daddy?" Himchan asks as he points up towards the ceiling. Suddenly all 3 children are staring up at the ceiling in hopes of seeing someone. 

"Yep, he's up there watching us all right now. With that beautiful smile of his." Junhong can't help it and his body trembles as tears run down his cheeks. The children freeze in alarm and even Jongup's eyes widen.

"Uncle Junhong, you loved Grandpa Yongguk a lot didn't you." Himchan sniffles as tears pitter down his chubby cheeks and he throws himself in Junhong's arms. Daehyun follows suit and the 3 children are glomping him.

"Yes that's right. I loved him and he loved me as much as I love all of you." Junhong whispers in a soft tone as he hugs them all closely. And although he never managed to repay his debt.

He knows that he will continue to let these children grow, in the shelter that Yongguk built for him all those years ago.

 

Shelter - Porter Robinson & Madeon

 

----------------------------

A/N

Yes I linked the song twice because I want you to listen to it LOL

Tbh I thought of this idea while I was at school earlier, and it was before I saw that the B.A.P town donation goal has been met <3 (so I didn't know about the school thing when coming up with the drabble aha) It was solely from the song

And that is absolutely amazing, we managed to make a dream a reality

;-; this song really hits home for some reason and the mv is really good too aha, I kind of wanted y'all to focus on the song so I only linked an audio~

Sorry if it's a lil scattered and makes no sense LOL I tried xD

- Airi

P.S. I might add some random personal drabbles here and there, don't mind~