Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[No one’s POV]

 

“What should I do with both of you...”

 

The principal was walking back and forth, in front of the two troublemakers, making them feel a bit nervous. He stopped and glanced at Soo Hee.

 

“I heard you were skipping your Korean class this morning.” Soo Hee looked at the principal. He was short like every Korean you see out there, and was probably in his sixies. He had some big glasses and his hair was all white. His face was friendly, comprehensive, so Soo Hee felt at ease while explaining what really happened.

“I got in late and I was making my way to my locker when the janitor got me. It’s true I wasn’t really worried because I was late, but I didn’t even think of miss that class.”

“Right.” He kept on his pace, back and forth. “You know school starts at 8AM. So for some reason you have to be here by 8AM and not later! Because if you could be late, then school wouldn’t start at 8. Got it? Same goes for you Shin Dong Ho.

 

The kids nodded, impatiently. Both of them hate being scolded and the worst of it, is that they were together. They can’t stand being together and now the principal was humilliating both in front of each other.

 

“And I heard you just beat up Son Jung Min.”

“It was only a kick...” She said it to herself, in a low voice, but the other two heard it clearly. Dongho laughed and the principal stopped, turning to her.

“Only a kick? A kick? Only? Kim Soo Hee, where do you think you are?” The principal talked as he got closer to Soo Hee, with his índex finger pointed ahead of him. “Listen, for how many years haven’t you been to school? Count them in a loud voice.” Dongho had a confused expression on his face. Soo Hee thought for a few seconds.

“Since... sixth year?”

“Right.” The principal nodded, with his eyes closed. “And you are in your eleventh grade. How many years does that make?” Soo Hee thought for another few seconds.

“Five.” She said, not really proud of it.

“Correct. And do you think any other school would accept you?” Soo Hee shook her head. “You were specially admitted here, since your mother told us no other school accepted you. You know you are a lot behind your classmates and you still dare miss or be late for class? I don’t think that’s a correct behaviour, Kim Soo Hee. And on top of that, hurting your mate with such violence is unacceptable. Consider it as luck if Jung Min doesn’t get any serious wound.”

“He won’t. I gave it lightly. Despite not have been to school for five years, I still know what I do, Mr. Principal.”

“Watch your manners, Kim Soo Hee! I didn’t like the arrogant tone in that came out.” The principal warned. “What you did there was extremely serious and it won’t be treated lightly, even if he doesn’t get hurt. Violence is intolerable, that’s one of our principles.”

“Is that so? Then Mr. Principal, let me tell you this. It’s my sixth day in this school and I’ve witnessed a lot of violent acts coming from the school staff.” The principal looked over his glasses.

“Give me an example.” The principal said right away.

“His teacher.” She pointed to Dongho that was clearly lost in what they were saying.

“What about me?” He stupidly asked, but Soo Hee continued, ignoring him.

“For the few times I’ve seen her, she was always either screaming or hitting him on the head. And that’s not all.” She didn’t even stop to let the principal comment what she said. “That rude school janitor, he treats us as if we were some kind of animals.” Dongho nodded vigorously, getting attention from the principal.

“Is that true?”

“It is true, Mr. Principal. I hate the way he treats me. He’s really violent.”

“So I think you should teach your violence principle to the school staff in the first hand. Because we learn from what they do and not from what they say.” She stopped to take a quick breath and kept on right away. “Also, I hit him because I have my own reasons, I hope you didn’t think of me as a troubled kid that sees a defenseless person and hits her for his own pleasure. And in the first place, I hit the girl, the boy just stepped in. And I finish here, I have nothing more to say.” The principal and Dongho looked surprised over how fast she said all that.

“Right, but you still won’t be easily forgiven over this.” He stepped back and sat on his black padded chair. “I’ll think of a punishment for both of you and don’t expect it to be a light one. Yes, don’t think I’ve forgotten about you Shin Dong Ho, you just won’t be scolded this time.” Dongho had a happy face on before hearing this. “Now get out.” The principal turned his chair to the window and started thinking.

 

The kids did as the principal said and got out in silence.

 

“You’re a good talker.” Dongho finally broke the silence as they were walking to the stairs. “For someone who hasn’t been to school for five years...” He was trying to be gentle with her. Trying.

“Are you calling me dumb?” She glanced at him and laughed.

“No, I didn’t mean that! But why didn’t you go to school? Financial issues?” they were now side by side, going down the stairs. Dongho had his hands on his uniform pants’ pockets.

“Idiot. Public schools are free, you can have financial problems and go to school.”

“Is that so?” He whispered to himself. “Then why?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Seriously Kim Soo Hee? Just tell me!”

“I didn’t want to.”

“What?” He stopped on the last two stairs, while she kept on going.

“I didn’t want to go to school, so I didn’t go.” She turned left as the stairs finished, to the female zone of the school, where the girls’ classrooms were, but Dongho was still on the same place, shocked. “See you!” She disappeared from his sight.

“What? She didn’t want to go to school so she simply didn’t go? For 5 years? And they call me spoiled?” He finally moved from his place and turned right, to the men zone, shaking his head. “She’s not normal...”

 



 

 

 

I knowww these zone things are complicated to understand :P

And, well, public schools are free in Portugal, I don't know about other countries...

 

Also, I haven't been able to read any other fic at the moment, I've been writing and writing, all non-stop! So I'm sorry... I will read all the fanfics on my subscriptions as soon as I have some time! :D

 

Thank you so much for all comments and readers! Hope you like this one too~:)

See you!