Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

 

[No one’s POV]

 

“I heard you called me, Mr. Principal.” Seunghyun entered the Principal’s room after knocking on the door.

“Yes, Mr. Choi, come in.” He adjusted his glasses and, with a hand movement, told him to sit on the couch. He got up from his padded chair and slowly made it to the individual couch, sitting in front of Seunghyun.

 

On the serving table, between them, were two cups of hot tea and some butter cookies. On the Principal’s side there were some documents turned upside down, making Seunghyun wonder what that was. The Principal served himself of a cookie.

 

“Go ahead, eat it.” He literally stared at Seunghyun the whole time until he would finish his cookie. That obviously made him uncomfortable. After swallowing his cookie, the Principal cleared his throat and spoke. “So, there is a reason I called you here.”

“Yes.” Seunghyun graciously took a sip of his tea and women-like crossed his legs.

“You know you look girly if you cross it that way…” The Principal smirked.

“Well, they like it.” He answered back, smirking as well, talking about women.

“I know, I’m well aware of it…” He nodded, drinking some of his tea. “But now let’s get serious.” He put down the porcelain cup and drew the documents on the table to Seunghyun. He uncrossed his legs and grabbed them.

 

He laid his eyes on all those white sheets, taking a quick look at each one of them. He then looked at the Principal, who was staring at him, waiting for any reaction.

 

“Transfer…?” He asked, not really sure of which expression he should show.

“Yes, transfer. Our sister school in Busan wants you.” He took one more cookie. “It’s a great opportunity, think about it. You’ve never been outside for so long, it will be good for you.”

“I don’t want to. I have my life here, I can’t just move, abandon everything…” He shook his head and put down his documents.

“You have a talent, you have to show other people your talent in mathematics. You might end up a professor in college.”

“I don’t think I’m that capable…”

“You are, believe me. I know you. After all,  it was me who raised you.”

“That doesn’t mean anything…”

“It would be a great way for you to grow up, Seunghyun.” They dropped to an informal speech.

“More?”

“You still have to mature, that will help. You’ll be living alone in a new city and with new people…”

“But I can’t just live like that… I have everything here.”

“They will give you twice the salary we give you here.” He said, looking up from  his glasses and smiling.

“I… don’t think so…”

“It will be good both for you and for your career.” He gave him back the documents. “Think about it. Take them. Think it over tonight.”

“I… don’t think I can do it…” He continuously shook his head.

“Remember, I don’t like negative aswers. I’ll be waiting for you here tomorrow morning.” He got up, Seunghyun did the same. They walked to the door. “Don’t think about it already giving ‘no’ as an answer. You’re really stupid if you don’t accept this.” He patted his back and then Seunghyun left that room.

 

Transfer, transfer, transfer.

That’s all he could think about while making his way to his car, still holding onto the documents. He stopped by the McDrive while driving home and bought food for his roommate as well. It was already late when they were done wating fast food. The P.E. teacher went out, leaving Seunghyun home alone. After uselessly surfing on the internet, he grabbed his car keys and decided to visit Soo Hee at the hospital for the first time. He didn’t go before because he was afraid school wouldn’t allow, but he gave up on that thought and in no time he was already walking to the hospital reception.

 

“Good evening.” He said, taking his stylish sunglasses – which were absolutely useless since it was night time, by the way – and greeted the ladies behind the balcony, with a smile. “I wanted to do a quick visit to a patient here…” He read on the white paper right in front of his eyes that the visiting hours were from 10AM to 7PM, and it was way past that. “…but I guess I can’t.” The ladies looked at him with interest. They were all reunites there since they had no work to do.

“It depends…” Said the boldest one, making eyes to him. She leaned forward and he did the same.

“On what?” He rested his chin on his hand and looked at them.

“Can you tell me the name of the person?”

“Kim Soo Hee.” The lady typed on the computer at the same time.

“You have to leave your ID card here while you are inside.” He searched on his pocket with his lefth and, still on the same position, a really strange position to make in public. He gave her the card and received a card with a room number on it. “5th floor, number 483, do you want me to accompany you?” She asked, already getting out from behind the balcony.

“Oh, no, it’s no need. Thank you, by the way!” He gave all of them one last smile and made his way to the elevators.

 

After waiting a few seconds in front of the elevator, the door opened and he stepped hin, automatically clicking on the 5th button. He shook his pullover, wiping any existent dust and adjusted his clothes.

 

“Excuse me?” He looked around the elevator to see if there were other people, but he was alone with a doctor dressed with a white coat.

“Yes?” He turned to him. It took him a long while to recognize who he was.

“You’re teacher Choi Seunghyun, isn’t that right?”

“Yes, that’s right.” His hands were tucked on his back pockets of his pants. “May I ask who… Oh! You’re… Ji Hyun’s father, aren’t you? Kang Ji Hyun.”

“Yes, I am!” He laughed and greeted him with a western handshake. “How are you, teacher? Are you visiting someone?” He showed him the card they gave at the reception. “Oh, room 483, that’s my patient. Ms. Kim Soo Hee.” Seunghyun nodded and put the card back in his pocket.

“How is she? I couldn’t come earlier…”

“She’s bad, actually.” The elevator door opened and the doctor came out with him. “She’s all cured now, but there were some shocking news a few days ago and since then she won’t eat, won’t show any expression… She won’t even talk to her friend that visits her everyday.” They walked until her room and stopped right in front of her door.

“But what kind of news made her this way?” He asked, really curious and worried about her.

“Her mother. She is in a decaying state, unfortunately I believe she won’t make it to tomorrow morning, she barely breaths.”

“Oh… my God.” He placed his hand on his heart and breathed in. “That one… I wasn’t expecting…”

“Neither I was…” He looked through the little window of her door “She is sleeping, that’s all she has been doing lately. Well, I’ll leave you now. Enter when you’re prepared.” He patted on his back and left him.

 

He breathed in, grabbing the door handle. Slowly, he opened it.



 

 

Here is one more!

I guess for the next fic I'll have to update it everyday, I bet it having to wait for something... I know xD

 

Thank you so much for everything! :DD