Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[Soo Hee's POV]           

 

            The bell rang as I was walking through the school gate. Every single person around me started running as if the world was going to end, while I kept  my own pace. A big white building quickly rose before me.  A South Korean flag was up in the clear sky, attached to a huge pole. My first day of school. In a new city, of course.

            I hadn't used uniform in a while and it’s not that I was missing using it. I made my way to the secretary’s office to take care of some school stuff and headed to my class. Before knocking on the door, I sighed. This is going to be so troublesome... I adjusted my black Eastpak backpack and after hearing a “Come in” from inside, I opened the sliding door.

 

            “Yes, yes, come in. Welcome!” A young man was standing in front of the class, most probable the teacher, and I stood by his side. “Class, this is our new student, Kim Soo Hee, please take good care of her!”

           

            Some clapped. I didn’t bow, which made most of them surprised, including the teacher, but he seemed to ignore it. I just don’t bow to any person. That’s how I am.

           

            “Uhm... I’ll be your homeroom teacher, Choi Seunghyun, and I like to get along with my students as if they were my own friends, so I hope we can get along well!”

 

            Just... how long was he going to make me stand there? I slightly smiled and nodded.

 

            “You can sit there!” He pointed to two empty seats in the back by the window and I made my way there.

 

            From the back seat, I could see everyone. The classes in this school were divided by genres, so obviously my class was only made up of girls, which is totally fine for me. Indifferent, I would say. Everyone was looking at me, as if I was some strange creature, so I delivered the same look they gave me to each one of them.

 

            “I’m going to make a little introduction here for Soo Hee. I’m your mathematic teacher as well, so we are going to see each other almost everyday! JiHyun, please hand her the timetable. There are a few rules you should...”

 

            He just kept talking on and on. How can someone be this talkative? He decided then to start math class. I took the only thing I had on my backback out, a pen, and started doodling on the back of the timetable as he was writing some exercises on the blackboard. As bored as I was, I looked out of the window and saw some boys in the school’s PE uniform running around the brown field. The day was so good, the weather was just perfect, and I had to be inside a classroom. The things my mom makes me do... Suddenly everything was quiet. I looked to see why, and saw the teacher standing right in front of me. He knocked on my head with my pen.

 

            “Soo Hee, where is your notebook? Why aren’t you writing down the exercises?” He looked right into my eyes, which I felt weird.

            “Because I don’t have a notebook with me.” I answered, not looking away from his eye stare. His expression changed to a doubting one.

            “You didn’t bring a notebook on your first day? Your classmates brought all the books on the first day if I remember, and you didn’t even bring a single notebook? Good way to start it!”

 

            For what he said, he should be mad by now, but he said all that in a calm, deep voice and ended it in a happy note, with a smile and a thumbs up. Which made me confirm what I had thought: this guy is crazy. Not long after, the bell rang and I calmly got out of the classroom, still had a lot to explore in this school. At the end of the corridor there was a teacher scolding a male student. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it, I couldn’t, since the lady teacher was extremly loud. I walked past them and got out of the school building, where everyone was.

 

[No one’s POV]

 

            “Pass, pass! Yunho, here! Pass!”

            Some boys were playing football despite the PE class being over. The girls were watching, so as hysterical as they were, imagine the annoying noise they would be doing. But since almost the whole school was out there, whether enjoying the game or spending the break as they wanted, no one cared. Or at least no one. A shadow started moving, hidden on the school’s roof.

           

            “WOOHOOO GOAL!!!”

            “AISH SO NOISY!” The shadow got up revealing a cute-faced boy, really really mad. He could hear it all, but no one heard his cry. “Can’t sleep here anymore, what is this.”

           

            He peeked out of the roof and saw the reason for all that noise. He sighed and turned around. He had a serious face on, and was all messed up, starting for his hair and ending in his uniform. He touched his hair, messing it even more and started walking to the door that would take him downstairs. Arriving to the first floor, he took out some coins and inserted them on the vending machine, taking out a soda.

 

            “SHIN DONG HO, YOU ARE DONE FOR!” Not looking surprised, he glanced at the teacher, who was looking like she was about to die in madness, coming toward him.

 

[Dongho’s POV]

 

            Uh-oh. She seems like she’s really angry this time.

 

            “WHY DID YOU SKIP MY CLASSES?” She knocked me with all of her books on my head.

            “Ouch, teacher, you can’t hit me!” I lifted my hands to my head, that really hurt me!

            “I can’t hit you? Who said that?” She kept on hitting me.

 

            Man, she’s abusing! I was already mad because I couldn’t sleep and now I have to get with this? Oh please, just leave me alone. I stepped back and she stopped for a second. And in that second I just ran away, holding my soda can. I glanced back and saw her running as well, but since she had huge heels she couldn’t run much, so I just trolled her.

            After making sure I wasn’t being followed, I slowed down. I wonder... is it now that I’ll be able to enjoy my soda? I happily opened it and some strange foam came out.

 

            “Oh . Tell me this just didn’t happen.”