Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[Soo Hee’s POV]

 

I just laid there on my bed. It was getting late but mom was nowhere to be seen. The apartment was really quiet and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

 

~Memories part I~

 

[No one’s POV]

 

“Daddy, daddy!”

 

A little girl in a green-patterned checked kindergarten uniform jumped to the open arms of a rather young men in a white shirt and chinos. Now that she was on his arms, he picked her up, going up and down, playing with her.

 

“Yees! Daddy is here!” He finally stopped going around with her and grabbed her in a strange way, moving her to a piggyback position. He grabbed her hands. “Have you been good to mommy while I was gone?”

“Yes!” The 4-year old Soo Hee couldn’t hide her happiness, now what her father was back. Soon, Soo Hee’s father was surrounded by a crowd of little kids that came out to see what was going on. Only when their teacher called them they went inside again.

 

Still piggybacking her, they went to the park next to the kindergarten and sat there. It was quiet, peaceful, great place to talk or to take a walk.

 

“Daddy brought sweets for my little girl!” He said, taking out a little transparent bag full of colorful gummybears from his pocket.

“Yay!” Soo Hee clapped, she was so happy!

 

It was rare to see Daddy around. Kim Jun Hyung ahjussi worked overseas, in Japan, so he could only see Soo Hee and his wife from time to time, unfortunately for him. No matter how many times they talked, his wife, Kim Soo Min, wouldn’t go to Japan, wouldn’t leave South Korea for anything in this world.

 

“You’re not going away again, are you?” Soo Hee asked, while munching on a red gummy bear.

“I have to, sweetie! Daddy will make lots of money for now and then we will be able to live together! And neither mommy nor me will have to work again and we will have all time in the world to be with you!” He said, slightly patting her head.

“Really?” She grinned at him.

 

What he just said made Soo Hee the happiest person in the world. She could never spend much time with her family. She had to stay on the kindergarten until it was nigttime, waiting for her mother to come from work and pick her up, and once home, she only had time to take a bath and have dinner before going to bed. It was hard for her, but it didn’t affect her, just seeing her mom crossing the road to pick her up would make her day.

 

“Yeah! By the way… why don’t we go check how mommy is doing? I think she’s going to love it if she sees you and me visiting her!”

“I think so too~! Let’s go, let’s go!”

 

~End memories part I~

 

[Soo Hee’s POV]

 

I slowly woke up. Still on the same position I searched for my phone and checked what time it was: 03:30 AM. So late! I got off the bed and went to the kitchen to drink water. As I was filling my glass, I noticed my mother’s purse on the kitchen’s table. I the lights and saw her sleeping on the couch. After taking a sip of my water, I got closer to her. She was shivering and making some weird noises while breathing. Was it because of her sleeping position? I put down my water glass and searched for a blanket to cover her. Her forehead was sweaty for some reason. I touched it and it was burning! She coughed as I was covering her. I tried to wake her up by shaking her.

 

“What?” She said in a sleepy voice.

“You have a cold, you have to take some medication.”

“I’m okay, darling.” She cut me off, turning her body to the other side.

 

I would stay there for the rest of the night if I weren’t feeling so tired. I walked to my room and threw myself to the bed, after closing the door. What was I dreaming about, really?

 

~Memories part II~

 

[No one’s POV]

 

“Dad!”

 

A 12 year-old girl in a middle school uniform ran to the arms of her father as he walked out of the airport. By her side was her mother, a beautiful and tall woman, also waiting for him.

 

“Oh, my daughter! You’ve grown so much!” He smiled to his wife while hugging Soo Hee.

 

He spent the whole year in Japan and came only to Korea to celebrate Christmas with the family he loved. “A few more months” he would say to Soo Hee in every phone call, “and we’ll be able to live a good life together!”. They weren’t poor, but his father was working hard to give Soo Hee the best education and to his wife a life style she deserves.

It was snowing hard outside, and since it was Christmas holidays, everything looked somewhat different, happier. They went out for dinner after leaving Soo Hee’s father’s bags home. Her father had a special announcement to ake, so he took them to a rather expensive restaurant.

 

“Honey, Soo Hee… I have something to tell you.” He held their hands after the waiter leaving from taking their order.

“What is it?” His wife looked at him, in a doubtful expression. He always told her important things beforehand, but now she didn’t know what he was talking about.

“I’m free.” He said, with a victorious smile.

“Free? What do you mean?”

“Free? You mean, you can now live with us here in Jeju?” Soo Hee was jumping on her chair while taking this guess. He pointed to her.

“Exactly!” With a triunfal smile he held tighter his wife’s hand.

 

Soo Hee’s mom took her hand from his to cover her face. Those news caught her by surprise, she really wasn’t expecting this. She was so happy, tears started to fall from her eyes. Her husband finally, after some years, would now be able to live with them. The man she loved finally was coming back to complete the family she loved.

What could make her happier?

 

~End memories part II~



 

 

So here it is~^^

Sorry for taking too long and not keep my word. I actually said there would be a chapter on friday, but I had no time.

Such a nice weekend I spent, so peaceful~~ Wrote a lot!

Hope you like this! :)