Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[No one’s POV]

 

At the end of the day, Dongho was going down the school hill, kicking some random cans. With his hands literally dug on his pants’ pockets, he sighed. He didn’t bring his motorbike, since Soo Hee had to go on the bus because of her bags and he thought it wouldn’t actually be necessary, so he had to walk home. The whole day was boring, he didn’t have anyone to make fun of and vice-versa. I should probably think of doing something... he thought. Not long after he entered a game arcade, but got out a few minutes later.

 

“Boring.”

 

Comic shops, cinema, everything was boring. Things like this are boring when you’re by yourself. He then found his place on a park, playing on the swing while drinking banana milk. After searching all of his pockets he took his phone off to dial a number: Airhead Soo Hee.

 

“Pick uuup~!” He said in a cute yet tired voice, while the call was going through.

“The number you dialled is curr...”

“She turned it off?” He sighed, sliding the red button on his phone’s screen. “Stupid Soo Hee, now I have no one to talk to!” He was silent for a while. “When did I get this dependent of someone?”

“I don’t know!” He looked in front of him, surprised. In front of him was a little girl in a kindergarten uniform. Her eyes were huge and bright and were staring at his five bottles of banana milk.

“Who are you, kid?” Instead of answering him, she pointed to his banana milk. “Wh-what?” He hid his milk behind his back, but she kept on staring at him. He gave in and handed the milk to the little girl. But she kept on staring at him, now drinking. “What now?” He rudely asked. She approached him and started shaking the swing where he was. “What are you doing?!”

“Play with me, oppa!” The little girl grinned, while he sighed.

“You’ve got to be kidding me...”

 

[Soo Hee’s POV]

 

The pit fire still had some light, but everyone was already sleeping. Except for me. And my teacher Seunghyun. I had to leave my tent quietly so that I wouldn’t wake up the other girl and ruin our to-be-awesome night. Of course I brought a little bag with things I might need. I was wearing my favorite explorer shorts and my hiking boots.

I knocked on his tent, which obviously didn’t make any noise. He opened the zip, clearly happy.

 

“Oh, hey, Soo Hee!” He whispered. “I was just gathering some stuff we might need and was about to get out!”

 

He didn’t take too long to get out. His outfit was similar to mine, which was similar to a bunch of other people hiking out there.

Almost tip-toeing, we walked to a farther place from there, so that we could talk freely. I turned to him.

 

“Hey, teacher, do you really want to do this?” His smile vanished.

“What do you mean? You got me all excited here and now you’re—“

“Please, let me finish!” I said, laughing. I knew if I didn’t stop there he would just keep on talking. “What I meant was, won’t you get in trouble if you get caught? Because if it’s me, it’s no problem, but you’re a teacher.” He smiled and started pulling me to the hiking path.

“Then... we just can’t get caught!” He grinned at me.

 

Our path was a little dark, but we still could see thanks to the moon. We were silent for a while, until our path had two ways to go and no indication was seen to which one we should go.

 

“Choose!” I said, shrugging.

“Huh? We can choose?”

“There is only one way we have to go, which is up, the means are the same. But one is probably more dangerous than the other. Choose!”

“Okay, let’s go right!”

“We are going to get lost~!” I sang.

“Don’t say that, we might end up lost because of what you said just now.”

“Do you believe in those things?” Our path was getting harder to simply walk on it, so we had to grab some roots and trees with our hands sometimes.

“What things?”

“That, superstition.”

“Not really, I just said it without any meaning to it, that’s bull, in my opinion.”

“We share the same opinion, then! Funny, because korean people are usually very superstitious.”

“You bet! You had to meet my grandmother, may her rest in peace, but she annoyed me with all those things she would do.”

 

We kept on and on, walking and talking. Since we didn’t bring the whole equipment – because it was with the female teachers and we didn’t want to wake them up –, we were forced to grab the floor with our own hands. More like him, because I was already used to it.

 

“Hey, teacher? Can you take the lantern off my bag?” He was behind me, and we were almost clmibing, so it would be easier if it was him taking it, instead of me. But he didn’t answer. “Teacher?” I looked back to see if he had fallen or something, but he was right behind me.

“My name is Seunghyun, not teacher.” He chuckled.

“What do you mean?” Okay, he got me confused there. I stopped climbing to look at him. I sat on the irregular ground.

“Call me Seunghyun, not teacher!” He was still on his climbing position, now looking at me. The white of his eyes were really bright, almost shining in the dark. “Hearing you calling me teacher makes me feel old.” He also sat, a little below me.

“Ah, sorry...” I really didn’t know what to say. He wanted me to call him by his name? “That’s not normal.” I stated, without thinking. I swear! Why do I always say things I shouldn’t? I facepalmed myself, silently on my forehead. However, he laughed.

“Wait, are you normal?” He was the whole time showing me his sweaty back, but now was looking at me, while laying on the ground.

“I’m not?”

“Not at all!” We laughed.

 

We were resting for a while, in the middle of all the trees and darkness. I took the little lantern of my bag and he did the same. It was a bit cold so we could see our breaths, but I was burning inside.

 

“Let’s keep on going?” He got up of the ground. He was all dirty with land and leaves on his back.

“You’re dirty.” I said. He turned his back to me once again.

“Then clean me, because I’ll probably have to do the same to you.”

 

After patting his back, he helped me getting up and we kept on going. We couldn’t talk since we had the lanterns in our mouths – we were climbing –, but sometimes we would laugh just like that. We were really tired, but we kept on going until we reached the top.

 

“Ahhh, we’re here!” I said, in a really happy voice, waving my arms in victory.

 

There was this big, safe-looking rock right in the top and we went there to see the nifght view of Seoraksan. We could barely see anything since it was so dark.

He was silent for a while.

 

“Hey, Soo Hee, how old are you really?

“What?” I was trying to get some fresh air inside my tshirt by shaking it.

“Are you really 16?” He asked in a really low voice. I nodded, looking at him. I wasn’t getting his point... He then smiled. “You seem older, just that. You’re really mature. That’s a good thing, I’m telling you!” He took his camera off his bag.

“Yeah, well, life made me that way.” He glanced at me while holding the camera. He smiled while taking a picture with a really strong flash of the view.

“Yeah, I bet...” He then turned to me. “Let’s take a picture! I want this day to be unforgettable!” He smiled.

“Sure, why not? There isn’t much light, though...”

 

He put his arm around my back and held the camera. He clicked.

Our first picture.



 

 

So this is the end of their trip~ :P

Maybe there will be some flashbacks of this trip on some chapters ahead! :)

Please comment!

And thank you!