Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[Soo Hee’s POV]

 

            After an unpleasant meeting on the roof, I saw myself being forced to go down the stairs and reach the classrooms floor, where it seemed someone was waiting for me.

 

            “Soo Hee.”

 

            Teacher Seunghyun was leaning on the wall right in front of the stairs, with his hands dug in his pants’ pockets. He looked dead serious, which is the first time I’ve seen that expression on him. I approached him and he did the same thing. He suddenly knocked my head with his knuckle.

 

            “Ouch!” I retreated a bit, holding my head. That hurt! “What was that for?”

            “Skipping my classes.” He patted my head. “Are you okay? I didn’t mean to hurt you!” He smiled.

            “Wait, what?” Is he bipolar or something?

            “You’ve been skipping my classes for three days in a row. That’s not good, Soo Hee!” He then patted my arm. “Don’t be a bad girl, it doesn’t suit you! Now go to your PE class, will you? At least don’t disappoint the other teachers!” He gave my a sweet smile and made his way to the Teacher’s Room.

 

            Bad girl? Disappont? Wait, I disappointed him? Is he waiting for me to care about what he just said? I entered class to get my PE uniform, when some girls started talking really loud, as if on purpose for me to hear. And it was.

 

            “Whoaaa, I’m such a badass, I skip classes, whoaaa” I wanted to laugh at this try to mock me. I looked at them, and showed my laughing face.

            “Whoaaa, I’m such a badass, indirectly mocking others, whoaa!” I laughed at them.

 

            They all looked futile. With lots of make-up, high heels with uniform (which I find absolutely ridiculous) and a lot more accessories. Girls like these are always fake girls, and I hate them. Why did I have to be with them in my class? I went to the change rooms to attend my favorite class, Physical Education.

 

*

 

            “Hey pretty student!” I was coming out from the convenience store, eating some cup ramyun. “Hey pretty lady, don’t ignore us!” Molesters. Three ugly fat man slowly approached me. “Are you alone? In this cold night?” It was already really late. I spent the whole afternoon on the comic library, and without noticing, it was already this late. “Shall we make it hotter?” The big fat guys started laughing.

 

            I felt nervous all of sudden, but I tried not to show it. It would be alright if I just ignored them and walked straight through them. It will be alright.             It will be just fi—

            One of them touched me. On the hair, not a big deal. But then another one touched on my arm. I froze, suddenly feeling really scared. They were laughing, showing their ugly, yellow, crooked teeth.

 

            “Hey babe, sorry to make you waiting.” A calm, deep male voice came from behind. Its owner put his arm around my back. Made me feel even more scared. I looked at him, in shock. “It’s getting cold, right? Eat up your ramyun or it will get cold as well!”

 

            Teacher Seunghyun appeared out of nowhere and just saved me. I felt way safer now. The man backed off, embarassed, saying things like “She wasn’t alone after all” and more I couldn’t clearly hear.

 

            “It’s okay, they are gone now, no need to be scared anymore.” I was still shaking when I tried to blow my ramyun to eat. My teacher was wearing casual clothes and had a black plastic bag on the other hand. He took his hand from my back and awkwardly inserted it on his pocket. He laughed. “Good thing I was here, huh? Went to the convenience store to grab some drinks and saw you. You shouldn’t be alone outside this late, you’re so young, you could be kid—“

            “Thanks.” I looked at him, cutting his never-ending speech. He looked a lot younger than it seems at school. Too young to be a teacher, actually. He smiled.

            “No problem!” I gave him a small smile, as to show him my gratitude and kept on eating, before it would get over-cooked. He laughed. “You’re not a very good talker, are you?”

 

            I wonder what he meant by that... he’s the one that never stops talking.

 

            “Not really.” I shrugged.

            “Eh, I knew it.” It was turning more and more awkward. “Want me to take you home?”

            “No need, I can go alone.” I was now staring at my nike shoes, without looking at what I was eating.

            “I think it would be better if I accompanied you. A guy with a girl is better than a girl alone.” He was still looking at me, I just knew it, I could feel his eye stare, as if analysing every single thing about me.

            “I know taekwondo.”

            “Didn’t seem much of help just now.” He quickly answered back. I looked at his face and he had a I-just-got-you smile on.

            “True...” I finally said, nodding at the same time.

            “I won! Come on, let’s go. You don’t live far from here, right?”

 

            He started walking while I just stood there in the same place.

           

            “It’s that way.” I pointed to the opposite direction. He laughed and scratched his head.

            “Right, eh, sorry!” He laughed and started walking the right way. I quietly laughed and followed him right away, throwing my finished cup of ramen on the trash bin.

           

            He was talking on the way. He just wouldn’t shut up, but it actually felt good like this. I felt at ease with him, he didn’t look like he was my teacher at all, more like a friend. An older friend. But the didn’t look too big.

            While he was only focused, watching the way, I caught myself staring at him, just like that. He suddenly glanced at me.

 

            “Hm?”

            “Wha-What?” I found myself stuttering. Just what the hell was going on with me?

            “You didn’t hear my question just now, did you?” He asked, looking like he already knew the answer. “You’re not from Seoul, are you?”

            “Jeju-do.”

            “Oh, nice place it is. Explains your tan!”

            “Ever been there?” I dropped the formal speech, it wasn’t needed at all and he didn’t  seem to care either.

            “Once, on my college years, with some friends!”

 

            We (more like only him) just kept on talking and I had this strange feeling of not wanting to reach home so early.

 



 

 

Thank you so much to who commented, I'm really really thankful! :D

As I wrote on the foreword yesterday, I'll try to post every two days! 

See you around here~~