Troublemakers

Troublemakers

 

[Soo Hee’s POV]

 

            Before I knew it, the day had ended. Everyone ran out of the class to go home, but I had no interest in going home. As I was getting out of the bathroom, a boy ran past me, pushing me.

 

            “Hey! Watch out kid.” I yelled but he totally ignored me and kept on running really fast. The same teacher that was scolding a kid in the early morning appeared out of nowhere, trying to catch him.

 

            “SHIN DONG HO COME BACK HEEEERE!” Well, at least she tried really hard to run after him.

 

            So Shin Dong Ho is the bad boy here. Ignoring this scene for the second time, I went to my locker to get my things and soon I was out of the school building. As I was walking down the school hill, an orange motocross bike passed really fast by me, making my hair and skirt wave.

            It was already late. Before going home I bought a package of banana milk and was drinking all of them on my way home.

 

            “Mom, I’m home!” No answer came from the dark apartment. She probably was still at work.

 

            I threw my backpack to the couch and laid on it. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. I was so tired. How do they expect me to stay 8 hours closed in a classroom, sat down, learning things when I haven’t done that in ages? Well you see, me and my mom came from Jeju-do to Seoul. My mom found a really good job, so we moved here. Back in Jeju I could do whatever I wanted. I haven’t been to school since middle school. If it was summer, I would spend the whole day in the beach and if it was winter I would hike the mountains near my home. I’ve always done that, I hate being locked in some place, I like to feel free, and hiking always made me feel that way.

            At first, coming to a big city like Seoul was out of question. It’s so urban here... but then again, the offer my mom received was a really good opportunity, and I didn’t want her to kind of fail in life because of me.

            I got up and went to get something to snack on, and quickly fell asleep while watching TV.

 

[No one’s POV]

 

            “Kim Eun Jung.”

            “Here!”

            “Kim Ji Yeon.”

            “Here!”

            “Kim Soo Hee.” Everyone looked around. Teacher Seunghyun repeated. “Kim Soo Hee. Has anyone seen Soo Hee today?” No answer came from the girls. He sighed. “Kim Soo Hee, absent again.”

 

            The teacher kept on calling their names to see if everyone was there, before starting class.

            The day was clear outside. A weak wind was blowing, which made the day even more enjoyable. Soo Hee was lying on top of some old desks, on the school roof, enjoying the sun. The bell rang a while ago, but it seems she hasn’t noticed. Not that she was any interested in going to class either. But she wasn’t alone there as she thought she was. Since she was listening to music loud on her headphones, she’s unaware of another kid skipping classes on the same place. Behind some old wood chairs, Shin Dong Ho was awake, staring at the clear sky, for a long time now. All he did since he got to school this morning was breath and sigh.

 

[Dongho’s POV]

 

            Coming to school is boring. Coming to school to spend the whole day here is boring. I wonder what would happen if I didn’t come to school, but leave home in the early morning... I could spend the day reading comics, going to the karaoke rooms, bars... But then again, what fun would it be on going alone? But this is definitely boring.

 

            “Finals are here...”

 

            Yeah, better study... Wait, what? Study? Finals? Who’s there? Who said that?

 

            “Who’s there?” I quickly stood up and saw a girl lying on some old tables, with her eyes closed. She didn’t even open her eyes to my question. “I said... Who the hell are you?”

 

            She kept lying there, without moving. Out of curiosity, I approached her. I lifted my leg, and with my foot I slightly kicked her leg, shaking her. She instantly opened her eyes and lifted her body.

 

            “I’m going to ask again. Who-are-you?” She looked at me in a way... as if wanting to make me feel low and went back to her position.

 

            I couldn’t believe what just happened. Someone just... ignored me? ME? And... a girl?!

 

            “YAH! Look here.” She opened an eye. I tried to keep calm. “Who are you?”

            “Why do you want to know that so badly?” I hate those people that answer my questions with another question.

            “Your presence is disturbing me.” I approached her even more.

            “Stupid.” She got up and tossed some non-existent dust from her mini-skirt. “As if I care.” She stared at me and then started to make her way to the door. I ran after her and grabbed her arm, I laughed in disbelief.

            “What’s your name?!”

            “Why do you want to know it so badly?!” She tossed me aside and kept on. Suddenly she stopped and looked at me. “Besides, can’t you read it?” She pointed to her name tag on the school’s pullover. “Kim. Soo. Hee.”

 

            She left me there, speechless, and  kept on her way to the exit door, with a too-small skirt that showed her long, tanned legs.

            Great. Dongho’s stupidity strikes again.

 



 

 

              Well, here's another one! I got one subscriber!!! Thank you so much! :D

              Hope you like it, and please, leave a comment!