Chapter 7

Wrong Person... Or Not

Seulgi entered the building and could not stop smiling to herself. Images of the evening replayed in her head.

When Seulgi entered her apartment, she could see lights still switched on but was surprised no Wendy was there. Instead, a boy was laying down on her couch and she could hear soft snoring. 

"Seulgi ?" Seulgi recognized Suho's sleepy voice. She then took off her shoes before approaching him. He was slowly sitting up.

"Hey. What are you doing here ?" Seulgi said.

"Obviously waiting for you." Suho still had some trouble getting used to the light.

"Is that really you ?" Suho said, rubbing his eyes to make sure his vision was clear. "Are you wearing make-up ?" 

"Yeah, Wendy did it. Have you seen her ?"

"No, I came around nine o'clock and nobody else was here. Why ?"

"Nevermind." Seulgi shaked her head. "Do you need something ? I mean, since you came all the way and waited for me..."

"How did it go ?" His question was short but he seemed genuinely curious. 

"It was okay." Seulgi rolled her eyes. She knew he came only to know how her hang out went.

"You didn't do or say anything weird, did you ?" Suho was now slightly frowning.

"Come on, Suho. Everything went well. We went to the café and afterwards went out to eat."

"Really ? What did she drink and what did she eat ? I hope you payed for her."

 

Seulgi sighed before sitting down next to him. She knew someday she would maybe regret telling him everything she was going to say. But for the moment, he was her friend who was attracted to her crush. Her said crush who also seemed attracted to him.

"Well, the Red Velvet ccafé is actually her favorite. She loves the hot chocolate they serve there. After that, we went out to eat tteokbokki at some street vendors. Ah ! And she often ame there when she was still in high school." As she was recalling the date, a smile was plastered on her face but Suho was too busy registering all the informations that he did not notice her facial expression. "And no, I didn't pay for her since we decided to pay separately."

"Did you talk about me ? Did you say good things about me ?" This time, Suho was fully turned to her. Waiting impatiently for her answer. 

"Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't." Now that she thought of it, during the night, Suho did not cross her mind. "I'm sorry."

His shoulders slumped down in disappointment.

"Well, at least I know where to take her out." Suho said, a smile coming to his face. "Did she talk about me ?"

"Hmm, I don't think so. We only talked about each other, school stuff, you know." Seulgi seemed a little bit hesitant.

Suho only nodded.

"Well, maybe I should really ask her out. Do you think she likes baseball ?" Suho asked. "I have some tickets to go to the next match, this Saturday."

"I... don't really know. We didn't talk about baseball at all." Seulgi said while scratching the back of her neck.

"Don't worry, I just need to ask her. Well," he then stood up, "I'll be going, now. See you tomorrow." 

Seulgi was left alone when he went out of her apartment.

 

As she was still excited from her date and since she did not want to go to sleep without receiving Irene's message, she decided to draw. Of course, Irene was the only think she could think at the moment.

Just when she was about to take a pencil, she heard her phone buzz. She had received a message. From Irene.

Safely arrived. See you tomorrow ! Good night ! :)

Well, it was short but at least she received a message.

She checked the hour.

Wow, she must live far away from here to send it just now. Seulgi thought with a large smile on her face.

She replied immediately.

Needless to say Seulgi had some trouble falling asleep. A certain face of a certain girl still engraved in her mind everytime she closed her eyes.

 

What Seulgi did not know was that Irene did not know what to send Seulgi and passed nearly half an hour before finally sending it. She thought her text was a little bit short but send it nonetheless since she did not know what else to send. 

It did not take her two minutes to receive a message back.

Glad you're safe ! Hope you won't be exausted to come back at this hour, seeing how late it is ! :) Good night to you too !

 She looked at her clock. It was 11:37 pm. She clearly remembered coming back around 10:15 pm. 

Oops, guess I talked too much with Joy.