Chapter 12

Wrong Person... Or Not

Once the match had ended, they went out and decided to go hang out a little more, all of them.

"Just wait for me, I need to go to the toilets." Joy said. 

The others decided to wait for them.

"Wait ! I'll accompany you." Irene said and followed Joy towards the toilets.

Since there was too much people for Irene's liking, she just washed her hands and stood outside the toilets, waiting for Joy to go out.

 

 

In the meanwhile, seeing that Sungjae and Suho were engrossed in whatever they were talking about, Wendy took the opportunity to talk to Seulgi about Irene.

"Well, Irene seemed to like you. At least as a friend, that's a good sign, you know." She told Seulgi.

Seulgi sighed. She knew Wendy was only trying to cheer her up.

"Otherwise, believe me, she would have wanted to throw you out just like we all wanted to."

Seulgi lowered her head and sighed again, this time louder.

"Was I that embarrassing ?" It seemed her confidence went back down once again. Wendy immediately noticed it.

"No ! I mean, a little but it was funny, you know ! It entertained me even more than the match itself !" She did not want to be the cause of Seulgi's low confidence. "I'm sure the others thought the same too, you know !"

She then tried to grab the attention of the other two, signalling she had a problem to them. 

Sungjae was the first one to see that Seulgi had her head low and was mumbling something. He then elbowed Suho.

"Look what she did !" Sungjae nodded behind Suho and the latter looked back to see Wendy trying to comfort Seulgi.

They then went closer to them.

 

 

While Irene was waiting, her ears peaked at the mention of Seulgi's name.

"Oh ! Look, it's Seulgi !" A girl shouted to her friend.

Irene turned her head towards the girl.

"Where ? Where is she ?" The other girl replied while trying to see the said girl.

Irene recognized them, it was Dahyun and Chaeyoung. They were in her dance class the year before.

"Right there !" Chaeyoung pointed towards where Seulgi was standing. "Do you think we should go and greet her ?"

"Not sure if we should, there's Suho with her... and also Sungjae." Dahyun replied.

"And there's even Wendy !" Chaeyoung added. "No, we clearly can't go ! She's gonna rip our head off ! Remember last week ? We didn't do anything except approaching Seulgi and she got so mad at us ! If she remembers us, we're dead meat. You know how overprotective she can be when it comes to Seulgi."

"Yeah, you're right. Anyway, it's not like Seulgi would even acknowledge us. The other day, she was being so rude to us although we didn't even do anything !" Dahyun complained.

"I know right. I liked her because he gave off those cool vibes but she thinks she's all great. Now, I really don't want to go greet her." Chaeyoung said. "She thinks she has the world at her feet."

 

They heard a scoff behind them.

"Hey, who are you to talk about Seulgi like that ?" Irene said, annoyance evident in her voice.

They turned their heads towards Irene and Dahyun froze when she recognized her.

"Maybe you should know her better before bad mouthing her like that. She's anything but like you said." Irene was clearly annoyed by them. "You don't even know her."

Dahyun and Chaeyoung were still paralyzed.

"Let's go." Irene said once Joy went out of the toilets.

Irene then walked away with Joy.

 

"What was that ?" Chaeyoung scoffed. "What's wrong with her ? Who does she think she is ?"

"You don't know her ? It's Irene, you know, she was in our dance class. And she's also the one whom Seulgi said yes to. Her looks are really no joke." Dahyun replied. "No wonder Seulgi had accepted to go on a date with her."

"It's her ? She's Irene ? Was she really in our dance class ? How come I didn't notice her before ?" Chaeyoung asked, astonished. "But... Isn't she the one who's always stuck to Suho's side ?"

"Yes, she is. Why ?" Dahyun asked, titlling her head.

"Don't you think she went on a date with her to get him jealous ?" Chaeyoung said.

"Don't know. It's true it's strange but if she ussed Seulgi, I don't think she would defend her like she just did, would she ? But if it really was because she wanted to make him jealous, Wendy would have sensed it, you know." Dahyun replied.

"Yeah, of course. That girl has such a good sixth sense. So scary." Chaeyoung shivered. 

"No, it's not a sixth sense. It's a seventh sense." Dahyun had a silly smile. "Maybe we should go. If not Wendy would find us for sure."

"Well, if we look better, maybe it wouldn't be that bad to have her run after us. I'm sure she looks y as hell when she's mad." Chaeyoung had a dreamy look on her face.

"No way." Dahyun said while looking at her with a weird look. "Let's go."

 

"What's wrong with you ? Were they Dahyun and Chaeyoung ? What did you say to them ?" Joy asked confused as to why she was the one being dragged by Irene.

"Nothing, they were just getting on my nerves."

"Wow, I go to the toilets during, like, five minutes and it's enough for you to get on your nerves. Whereas Seulgi had been playing on everyone's nerves but not on yours during all the match ?"

"Yeah."

"I know ! You got mad at them because they said something bad about you, right ? Was it about... Nevermind, what did they say ?"

"What ? No. Wait." She stopped her steps. "What would they say about me ? Do you know something that I don't, Park Sooyoung ?"

"Erm..." Joy gulped. "Nothing, let's go back to the others." Joy released herself from Irene's grip and walked away, leaving a puzzled Irene behind her.

 

Once they went back, Irene could see they were getting agitated over something. She approached Suho to ask him what was wrong.

Before she could even say something to the latter, Wendy called out to her.

"Irene, please ! Can you come here for a minute ?"

Irene looked at Joy who only shrugged her shoulders before going to Sungjae, trying to talk to him.

"Yes ?" She said once she was in front of Wendy.

"Well, you see, I think I said something wrong to Seulgi and now she thinks she embarassed us and she's feeling down. Could you please tell her she didn't embarass us earlier ? I think she would listen to you better than if we did." Wendy looked at her with puppy eyes. "Please ?"

"Okay." Irene was puzzled but remembered the conversation Dahyun and Chaeyoung had and then decided to do whatever Wendy would ask her. "Where is she ?"

"Great ! She's right there... Wait. Hey !" She called out to the others. "Where is Seulgi ?"

"I'm here !" Seulgi said before turning to Irene. "Here ! I got you a cup of Ice Tea ! I hope you're not embarassed of me ! I promise it's the last time I'm acting like that ! Next time I'll be quieter ! I mean, if you want to go with me, of course !" She said with a huge smile on her face.

"And me ? Don't you have something for me ?" Wendy said.

Seulgi gulped a little. "Erm... No. Just ask Suho to buy you something ! Right Suho ?"

They heard him groan. "Why does she always turn all the offers to me ? What do you want Wendy ?" He shouted to her.

Irene and Wendy looked at each other.

"Well, I guess we don't have to worry anymore." Wendy said. "Thanks, Irene !"

"But, I didn't do anything..." Irene said with confusion.

"Believe me, you did more than you can imagine !" Wendy winked at her before going back to Suho, ready to tell him what she wanted to drink.

Seulgi looked at her from afar and time seemed to stop once again. She thought Irene looked so cute like that, just standing alone with a cup of Ice Tea in her hands and the wind blowing in her hair.

Instead of just staring, she decided to approach her.

"I hope you like Ice Tea, I didn't know what to take you... So I ordered my favorite..."

"Yes, thank you ! You didn't have to..."

"Well, you seemed quite annoyed when you were waiting for Joy. So I thought that offering you a drink would make you feel better ! Does it make you feel better ?"

"Yes, it absolutely does." Irene was touched by Seulgi's actions.

Seulgi smiled even more. "Then, I'm glad." She then saw Suho waving at them. She silently sighed.

Guess it's the end of our time together.

"Come on, we should go back with the others." She turned back to where Irene previously was. "Hmm ? Where did she go ? Did she already go back ?"

But when she looked back to where Suho was, she could not see Irene.

She then felt something cold being push against her arms. It was a cup of Ice Tea.

"Here." She looked up and saw Irene looking back at her with a such a beam that Seulgi felt her entire body melt. "Since it's your favorite, I got you one too. Take it." Irene then lifted the cup at the level of Seulgi's face.

"Thanks." Seulgi's smile was even brighter than the sun at this moment. 

At least, that's what Irene thought as she watched Seulgi taking the cup. She even thought she saw a sparkle in Seulgi's eyes and she felt something funny inside her stomach., but thought it was just her imagination playing tricks on her.