Chapter 15

Wrong Person... Or Not

"Soojung's back ? Are you sure ? Did you really see her ? I mean, was it really her ?" Wendy asked her through the phone, surprise could clearly be heard.

"I think I'm sure but I could be wrong too. Anyway that girl looked like Soojung a lot." Seulgi explained. She was currently sitting on her couch.

After her hang out with Irene, Irene had driven her back to her apartment although she had noticed Irene did not want to let her alone. She knew she acted quite distant a while ago when she was with her however she did not think it would be a good idea to talk about it with Irene. That was why she called Wendy, whom Seulgi was sure would tell her what to do. Besides, Wendy also knew Soojung as they were all friends before.

"She left right after high school graduation to go to the States, right ?"

"Yeah. So ?" Seulgi frowned, not knowing what Wendy was talking about.

"That means maybe she has finished whatever studies she had done in America and finally came back. Who knows ? Now that I think of it, maybe it really was her..." 

"I don't know..." Seulgi sighed. "And even if it was her, what are the chances that I see her again ? Seoul is pretty vast, you know..."

"Yeah, well, keep me updated about it. I need to hang up, a cutie's waiting for me. Bye."

"Yeah, bye." Seulgi then hung up.

She sighed before carefully throwing her phone and herself on the couch.

 

The day after that, Irene was out in the city again, but this time without Seulgi.

"Baechu !" Someone called out to Irene. She turned around and saw her long time friend, Jessica, with someone else walking beside her.

Irene had received a text from Jessica earlier, saying she had come back last week and wanted to meet her to eat ice cream with her, just like they would do when they were still in middle school.

"Hi, Jessica !" Irene enthusiastically replied before hugging her. She then turned towards the figure next to Jessica who shared the same features as her. "Oh ! Are you..."

"Hi, Irene ! Long time no see !" Krystal said with a beam.

Krystal was Jessica's little sister and Irene knew her quite well even though she did not really keep in touch after Jessica and Krystal left. It had been a little more than two years since they had left for America before finally coming back. Krystal also came with Jessica since she and her sister back to find her first love, she met her through dance class and they would often dance together.

"You've grown up !" Irene also said with a grin.

"How can you say something like that ? We're the same age !" Krystal said, laughing a little.

"I know, I know. I mean, you grow up in height." Irene laughed.

"Of course, she grew up ! But.. "Jessica frowned her eyebrows in purpose. "It seems it's not really the case for you !" Jessica gently mocked her.

"Yah !" Irene laughed even more, accompanied by Jessica and Krystal.

 

"Come on, you can tell her. I know Irene, she won't tell anyone else unless you tell it's okay to do so." Jessica insisted Krystal tell her why they had come back.

"Well, I've got this old friend of mine whom I fell in love with in the past but we had to move and I did not really have the chance to say goodbye nor say 'I love you' to her. And since I've passed my exam, I can continue my studies here, in Seoul, in hope of seeing her again." She then paused a little. "I caught a glimpse of her the other day but I did not dare approach her." Krystal said before sighing. Jessica had forced her to tell Irene as to why they had come back.

"Do you think she still loves you too ?" Irene asked curiously.

"Well, I don't know if it was love or not for her but for sure, we had something special." Krystal said, her eyes sparkling. "I can still feel it and I hope she also still feels the same."

"You make it sound like it's been 15 years since you last saw her ! It was 2 years ago !" Jessica .

"But it seems like it ! I miss her a lot !" Krystal whined.

 

"Ah my poor baby Jung is so love sick !" Jessica and Irene smiled at them. "And you ? How is it with Suho ? Are you two together ? Or you're just being yourself and didn't tell him anything ?" Jessica asked her. Jessica had known of Irene's crush on Bogum since the latter had told her by text message. However Irene did not tell Jessica about her new found crush, also known as Seulgi.

"Well, about that... I found someone else. I mean, there's this girl..."

"What ? Did I hear right ? Our Baechu is now into girls ?" Jessica asked her.

"Yeah..." Irene blushed. "But she's the only one who made me feel like that so..."

"Keep going, keep going..." Jessica nodded to her.

"I thought she hated since she was always cold to me but since I made a little mistake, she's the kindest person I've ever met."

"What mistake ?" Krystal asked and Irene explained the situation to them.

"What ?" Krystal exclaimed while laughing.

"You're really one of a kind, Irene !" Jessica laughed along. "I'm glad I'm still single and not infatuated to anyone..."

 

 

Around the same time, Yeri was out in hope of buying some ice cream in the nearest convenience store when she saw someone from afar.

"Seulgi ?" Yeri frowned when she recognized the figure. She then quietly approached her. "What are you looking at ?" She asked curiously once she was next to Seulgi.

"Oh ! Yeri ! You scared me !" Seulgi jumped a little in fright.

"What are you doing ?" Yeri asked her. "Why are you hiding ? Are you spying on someone ?" Yeri added, almost whispering.

"Shh..." Seulgi put her thumb on her lips before grabbing Yeri with her.

"Hey ! Where are you going ? Why are you taking me with you ?" Yeri let the older girl pulling her.

Seulgi walked a little in order to find another spot to hide.

 

"You see the girl wearing a blue jacket and a white pair of Converse ? Seulgi whispered to her.

"Hmm... Yeah, I can see her. What about her ?" Yeri replied. "Don't tell me you're cheating on Irene with her..." Yeri mumbled.

"What ?" Seulgi did not catch whatever Yeri had said.

"Nothing. Keep going, who is she ?" Yeri then rose an eyebrow.

"She's Wendy, my best friend. She's actually on a date but didn't want to tell me with who she was. That's why I'm here."

"What ? You're spying on her just because she didn't want to tell you who's the person she's dating ?" Yeri frowned at her.

"Yeah." Seulgi simply said.

 

"You're cool, I like you ! Can I spy with you ?" Yeri excitedly said.

"Yeah but if we... Oh ! Look it's him !" Seulgi exclaimed.

"Shh ! Let's watch !" Yeri said. "Well, not bad."

"Yeah, not bad..." Seulgi absentmindedly said.

"Do you find him better than Irene ?" Yeri snapped her head at her.

"No way !" Seulgi widened her eyes and said rather loudly. "I mean, no..."

"Good." Yeri then intended on resuming watching them when a hand pulled her.

"Now that I saw who it was, we just have to let them be. Now come on. Let's move." Seulgi said while walking away from where Wendy and her date were.

"I won't move unless you buy something to drink." Yeri said, while smirking.

"Okay, okay. Now let's go !" 

 

Once they were sitting in café nearby, Yeri broke the silence between them.

"Well, now that we're together alone, I'll tell you some information about Irene, okay ?"

"Okay !" Seulgi nodded enthusiastically.

"But it won't be free ! You'll have to buy me ice cream after that, okay ?"

"Okay..." Seulgi nodded again, but this time, less enthusiastically.

"So, first of all, you need to know Irene loves, no, she adores carrot cake ! You can give one to her, be it during the morning or even in the middle of the night she will surely eat it entirely."

"Carrot cake ?" Maybe I should ask Wendy to teach me how to bake one... She sighed. What would I do without Wendy...

"Hey ! Are you still with me ?" Yeri asked and Seulgi nodded. "Okay, now listen carefully. She absolutely hates chicken ! Don't you ever dare propose some chicken to her ! It's a big no no ! Understand ?"

And Yeri carried on, with Seulgi listening to her every words.

"Ah ! I forgot to tell you before ! Each information is given in exchange of a carton of ice cream ! How much information did I give you ?" Yeri asked her, while smirking.

"Hmm... Between ten or twelve ?" Seulgi hesitatingly said.

"Twelve ! Good ! Now let's go buy it !" Yeri excitedly said while getting up and running out of the café.

"Wait ! I still haven't paid for our drinks..." Seulgi then sighed.