Chapter 14

Wrong Person... Or Not

Weeks passed by and, without Seulgi and Irene noticing, their friendship got stronger. They would often wait for each other after classes had ended and work together at their usual café. They became more than regular customers at the Red Velvet café, leaving both Joy and Suho behind. The former was suspecting something weird coming from Irene's behavior and the latter was getting extremely jealous of Seulgi.

They spent more and more time together and seeing them sitting next to each other during lectures was not strange anymore. Seulgi even got to befriend the well-known joker Yeri, who straightforwardly told her she knew about her feelings for Irene.

 

 

Flashback

 

Seulgi and Irene were currently reviewing the day's math lesson at the café when a short figure made her way towards them. Seulgi was the first one to see the girl approaching them and the said girl seemed familiar to her but she could not pinpoint who she was and where she had already seen her.

Irene sensed some movements behind her and looked up to see the frown on Seulgi's face. She then looked behind her to see Yeri smiling at her.

"Oh, Yeri ! What are you doing here ?" Irene asked, surprised by the latter's appearance.

Ah... It's Yeri. That's why she seemed familiar.

"Just coming here to chill a little, you know. Oh ! Who is it ?" Yeri nudged Irene while nodding towards Seulgi's direction.

"Ah ! This is Seulgi ! And this is-" Irene got cut off by the smaller girl.

"I'm Yeri ! Nice to finally meet you, famous Seulgi !" Yeri exclaimed.

Irene frowned at her. 

"Famous ?" Seulgi was confused and frowned at them.

 

"Yeah ! You know, Irene always talk ab-" A hand suddenly blocked .

"Yeah, I... I always talk about how you're well known around the campus, you know." Irene said before discreetly glaring at Yeri who stuck her tongue out to her in return.

"Ah... I see." Seulgi nodded her head.

Silence began to engulf them as Yeri had calmed down and sat down next to Irene.

"Well, Irene. You know you still owe me a caramel coffee !" Yeri suddenly said.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I'll go get it for you and I'm paying." Irene said while standing up before turning towards Seulgi. "Do you want something else, Seulgi ?" 

"No, thank you." Seulgi replied, smiling at Irene who then went to the counter.

 

"So, tell me, Seulgi. You like her, don't you ?" Yeri smirked.

"W-who ?" Seulgi slightly stuttered.

"Come on, it's so obvious ! I just have to look at the way your eyes shine when you look at her to know you like her a lot !" Yeri laughed a little.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Seulgi denied.

"I'll help you." Yeri then winked at her.

Irene saw them from the counter she was currently at. She could see Seulgi getting flustered by whatever Yeri was telling her. She thought the latter was bothering Seulgi so she decided to go back there in order to stop the torture for Seulgi.

 

"Don't worry Seulgi, I know Irene also-" Yeri was cut off once again by Irene.

"What are you doing Kim Yerim ?!" Irene said with a frown on her face.

"Oh, here comes a jealous Bae..." Yeri mumbled, low enough for only her to hear.

"Can't you see you're bothering her ?" Irene added.

"Was I ?" The little devil asked innocently the bear.

"N-no..." Seulgi could not get rid of the blush formed earlier on her face because of Yeri.

"See ?" Yeri said to Irene.

"Seulgi, don't be submissive to that devil ! Now, Yeri, quickly drink this and let us work. We've got a test next week." Irene said before sitting down and resuming her revisions.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

However, although they became much more closer than before, they still avoided the topic about dance since none of them had the courage to ask or talk about it. Even though Irene had proposed to Seulgi if she wanted to see her dance on a Tuesday afternoon. Besides the latter finally agreed to come once - after much persuasion from Irene and Seulgi could not refuse anything coming from her -, because Seulgi was curious as to how Irene danced. And she could not hide her surprise when she saw her dance so gracefully. From that time on, Seulgi always came with Irene and Joy to them dance.

 

As time passed, Irene could not deny she felt herself getting attract to Seulgi. She knew it was some kind of infatuation which overtook whatever she felt for Suho. It seemed for her like all the feelings she had for Suho transferred towards Seulgi and got multiplied by ten. It was strange but also very pleasant to feel. However, she did not know what the other girl felt about her so she did not want to try something reckless with her. She preferred being only a friend to her rather than losing her. Seulgi became someone really precious to her.

And somehow Joy got suspicious about it. She had always noticed how Irene would act around Seulgi and she would often point it out to her.

 

 

Flashback 

 

"You don't look at Seulgi the same way you look at Suho. Heck, you aren't even looking at Suho anymore and you hardly talk to him these days." Joy said to her.

Silence replied in place of Irene and Joy turned to Irene with a serious look on her face.

"You look at Seulgi like she put the stars in the sky." Joy said dreamily.

"You know it's not like that." Irene denied it although she was blushing madly.

"Come on, Irene ! Why don't you admit it already ?" Joy was getting annoyed at Irene's lack of confidence.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Besides, she recently had been curious as to how would feel Seulgi's lips against hers. She would often space out on her lips but would make sure the other one would not notice she did. With Seulgi being Seulgi, it was not hard to do so, she was clueless as to why Irene would space out and she would think Irene was only tired. Irene also noticed the way Seulgi would smile, laugh or even yawn. All the expressions Seulgi made were engraved in Irene's memory and she just had to lose her eyes to see all of them. She clearly knew she falling for the other girl, she could deny it to Joy but could not deny it to herself.

 

 

Seulgi and Irene were currently out on a 'friendly date' as always - although both Joy and Wendy knew it could not be considered friendly anymore, it was much more than that.

Seulgi looked around her and caught a glimpse of a slim figure. She suddenly froze and stretched her neck to see if she was not imagining things. 

Could it be... ?

"What's wrong ?" Irene brought her out of her reverie. "Hmm ?  What are you looking at ?" Irene asked while trying to see what Seulgi was looking at. 

Seulgi snapped her head at her.

"I... N-nothing." She simply said and resumed walking.

"Are you all right ? You spaced out for quite a long time." She could not hide her worry.

"I... I-I'm all right." Seulgi's tone was weaker and Irene could hear her voice trembling a little. She then turned her head to force a smile towards Irene, not wanting her to worry. 

However, Irene saw through it and decided she would try to talk to her about it later on.

"If you're not feeling well, we can always cancel our hang out and just watch a movie at your place, just like you wanted, you know ?"

"No, no. It's okay." Seulgi smiled, and this time, it seemed more convincing. "Let's go." She said while taking Irene's hand in hers.

 

Why is she here ? Has she come back ? Seulgi thought once again, not noticing she was frowning and Irene was looking at her with her eyebrows also furrowed in worry.