Chapter 18

Wrong Person... Or Not

"It's okay, it's okay... Shh..." Wendy tried her best to comfort the bear who was actually crying in her arms. "He will finish by understand, believe me. Just give him some time."

When Seulgi called her earlier, she did not think twice and practically ran to her apartment. She knew Seulgi could be quite sensitive and needed someone by her side. It did not bother Wendy at all since, if she was in Seulgi's place, Seulgi would also run to her in order to comfort her.

"Do you want to hear something funny ?" Wendy said, trying to keep Seulgi's mind off what happened earlier with Suho.

"What is it ?" Seulgi sniffed before looking at her.

"Well, it's not really funny but, just listen, okay ? You know, I asked you Yeri's number. "Wendy began and Seulgi nodded at her. "It's because you know, she does everything I say and she's very cheerful but also..."

 

"Don't tell me you have the hots for her ?" Seulgi cut her, surprised.

"Maybe..." Wendy said to her.

"But she's a malicious kid !" Seulgi exclaimed.

"Yes, that's what attracted me." Wendy seriously said.

"What ? Since when are you attracted to kids ?" Seulgi could not help laughing, her sorrow finally put aside.

"It's not even funny, why are you laughing ? Yeri's not a kid !" Wendy exclaimed. "Aye ! At least, you see you still know how to laugh ! I'm glad because I'm trying my best to cheer you up, you know !"

"Thank you, Wendy." Seulgi smiled to the girl.

"Ah, that's better ! You should keep that smile, it suits you better !" Wendy winked at her, in an attempt to make her smile even more.

"If I didn't know you better, I'd say you're trying to flirt with me !" Seulgi said to her.

"No thanks !" Wendy faked a disgusted face.

 

"Ah, that's right. You have Yeri fell prey to you." Seulgi said teasingly.

"Yeah..." Wendy smiled, but her smile was softer than usual before fading a little. "Ah, that's right ! You went to see Irene dance again ?"

Seulgi nodded.

"How was it ? Was their choreography on point ?" She then put a mischievous grin on her face. "Was she hot

"Wendy !" Seulgi slightly reprimanded her. "And to answer your first question, yes, they were on point... And..." Seulgi trailed off.

"What is it ? You seem to want to tell me something else." Wendy looked at her with curiosity in her eyes.

"I... I danced with Irene."

"Really ?" Wendy widened her eyes.

 

"Yeah, it was kind of soothing. I thought of Soojung but since Irene was in front of me, it didn't hurt as usual. In fact, I really loved dancing once again. I think, I may be able to dance again, if Irene's by my side." Seulgi smiled, this time genuinely.

"Did you perhaps talk about Soojung with her ?"

"A little, yeah. But nothing much, just that I used to dance with her and that I was devastated when she left."

"And what did she say ?"

"She asked if I still was attached to her, I mean, attracted to her."

"And what did you reply ? I suppose you didn't confess, did you ?"

"I just told her I didn't feel anything anymore-"

"Are you sure ?" Wendy interrupted her.

"..." Seulgi knew she loved Irene but thinking about Soojung sometimes still made her heart ache.

"Don't worry about her or Suho and think of Irene only, okay ? Everything's gonna be okay." Wendy tried to comfort once again and Seulgi nodded her head.

"Thank you again, Seungwan." Seulgi said, expecting a remark from the said girl but the latter only smiled at her.

"Anything for you, Seulgom."

 

 

 

When Irene came back to her dorm, she could not stop smiling. Even Joy could not wipe it off her face with her stupid and annoying jokes.

"So, since I can't stop you from smiling like a fool, tell me what happened." Joy said as she was sitting down on the couch with a cup of tea in hands.

"It was magical, I was able to dance with her. It felt so... good and so right. I want to do it again."

"Pff... You're so hopeless, really." Joy said while she shook her head as she could only watch her best friend being helplessly in love.

 

 

 

"You already knew, right ?" Suho said to Sungjae. "That Seulgi liked Irene... That's why you were doing everything to prevent me from being closer to Irene."

They were currently sitting inside Sungjae's apartment. Suho had come earlier, his eyes a little bit swollen and saying he needed to talk to someone. Sungjae at first thought something bad happened with his results or his family. He had thought of the worse but felt relieved when he learned it was nothing like that. But somehow, he still felt bad for both Seulgi and Suho to end up fighting like that.

"Now that I think of it, the baseball game... It was because you didn't want me to go on a date with her, right ? You're on her side." Suho accusingly said. "How can you two be my friends when you don't act like one."

Sungjae did not know what to respond without aggravating the situation. He also knew someday Suho would find out about Seulgi's feelings for Irene. He just did not think this day would come so soon.

"Come on, you aren't gonna ruin your friendship with Seulgi for a girl !" Sungjae tried to reason him.

"What friendship ? She was hiding everything from me when she wasn't hiding anything from you ! I'm sure even Wendy knows about it !"

Sungjae sighed. He knew Suho was too stubborn to listen to him. It pained him to think it would be difficult to reconcile them.

 

 

 

The next day, Suho and Seulgi avoided each other as if they were carrying some rare disease.

"Aren't you on good terms with Suho ? Did you fight or something ? I mean, he practically ignored you earlier." Irene said to Seulgi once they went out of the lecture hall.

"Yeah, he didn't even eat with us during lunch. And some other times, too." Joy added.

"Ah, about that..." Seulgi's voice seemed void of any emotions. The truth was, she did not want to talk about it at the moment. She was tired, both physically and mentally, and as much as she wanted to let Irene know about it

No, I can't tell her the reason.

"We've been busy with the exams coming up and couldn't really see each other. But don't worry, everything will go back to normal after that." Seulgi smiled at her.

Irene studied her expressions before frowning her eyebrows at her.

"You're not telling me the truth." She sternly said after she had stopped walking.

"What ?" Seulgi was surprised by Irene's tone and stopped as well, making her face Irene.

"Something happened between you two, right ? I saw him glaring at you when you entered the lecture hall earlier."

"I told you it's nothing." Seulgi snapped at her and walked away from her.

"Seulgi ! Why are you behaving like that ? I thought yesterday-" She was cut off by Seulgi.

"Then you thought wrong." Seulgi said without thinking and regretted immediately saying that to Irene but it was already too late. Words came out of and she could not do anything except see the deject look on Irene's face.

"Suit yourself." Irene scoffed before walking away from her with Joy trailing behind her.

 

"Damn !" Seulgi let out angrily while stamping her foot. "What a fool !"