Chapter 3

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, chapter 3 is done. I just edited some parts. 

Jungyeon's POV

“I guess you two already met at the school.” it's Uncle Jeong.

“Jungyeon-ah, do you still remember her? She's the cute bunny girl you keep on talking about that you met on the playground. And it turns out that she's the only daughter of the Im's which is out business partner.” my Mom said.

Really? But why can't I remember a single thing?

I looked at Nayeon, she's eating quietly.

“Both of you are 6 during that time, but unfortunately we need to bring her to the states because of the accident. And we decided to let her just stay there until she wanted to." Auntie said.

 Accident? She got into an accident? 

“I think Nayeonnie doesn't even remember Jungyeon, we can't blame them. They are still 6 when they become friends, and 15 years without communication is a reason too.” my Mom said. “Dear, how are you? Are you better now?” she continued.

“I'm fine now, auntie.” Nayeon replied.

“Welcome home dear, me and your uncle really missed you. Your like a baby back then, but now you've grown into a beautiful young lady.”

“Thank you auntie and I miss both of you.”

Why do Nayeon seems too close to Mom and Dad? I thought she's in the Cali for freaking 15 years?

“Have you already contacted Jinyoung.?” Auntie asks Nayeon.

Who the hell is this Jinyoung?!?!?!

“Nayeon, out of all the guys you met in California, why did you choose him? What's good with him? As far as I know, he is a casanova in your school there.”

“Dad, he changed. He doesn’t play with anyone’s heart now. I love him, he is the one who helped me during those time that I am lonely and bored. I’m happy with him.” Nayeon calmly explained to his dad.

“Hon, just let your daughter do what she wants. I think that Jinyoung  is a good boyfriend to her.”

SHE ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND?!?!?! ANDWAE!

“He must be a lucky then, right Jeong?” My dad chuckled. Aish

“Definitely, he better treat my daughter right, or else I’ll skin him alive.”

They all laughed except for Jungyeon.



Our dinner is already finished but they needed to talk for some important business proposal. Chaeyoung, on the other hand is in the game room leaving me and Nayeon sitting awkwardly at the living room's couch.

We've been talking a lot this morning at the school and become friends, now both of us looks like we are a total stranger.

I decided to break the ice. “Hey, Nayeon” She looks at me. “So, we already know each other when we are still young. I'm sorry that I can't remember anything.”

“Ani, gwenchana. I feel sorry too.” then she smiled. STOP SMILING IM FREAKING NAYEON

“A--ah, hehehe” I scratched my nape. Think of any topic Jungyeon, use your fat brain.

“Aunt Sooyeon said t--that you got into an ac--accident. Is it okay if I asked you to tell me what really happened?”

“I am playing with one of my cousin, until I kicked the ball so high that it went off on the fence. Mr. Samchon was about to get it but I refused.”

Flashback

“Hey penguin, look at this.” Little Nayeon kick the ball so high that it went off on the fence.

“Yah, bunny you kicked the ball so high.” Little Nayeon's cousin giggled. 

“I'm going to get it.” Mr. Samchon said. He is our family's driver.

“Ahjussi, andwae. I'm the one who kicked it so I'm the one who is going to get that, besides I don't want ahjussi to get tired.”

“But Ms. Nayeo----” 

“Pwease, ahjussi. Mom and Dad will not know.” Little Nayeon pouted.

Mr. Samchon just laugh and pat Little Nayeon's head. “Okay, but I will still go with you, arasso?”

Little Nayeon nodded.

Nayeon already got the ball, she is crossing the streets when her carrot key chain fell from her pink bag. She was about to pick it up when she heard a scream

“MS. NAYEON!” it's Mr. Samchon 

Little Nayeon fell on the ground, she sees Mr. Samchon and her penguin cousin is running towards her then her vision becomes blurry. She looked at her right hand, clutching the carrot key chain before losing her consciousness.

Flashback ends

 

“When I woke up the person that I see first is my mom, she's crying. But I told her that I'm fine and nothing hurts. When I'm about to move my legs, my left leg seems like a vegetable. I can't move it. The doctor said that it is badly hit by the car. I thought that my left leg will become immobilize forever, but the doctor said that it can be treated but they need to move me to states because my condition is very critical. That's the reason why my parents moved me in California.”


Jungyeon is astounded from Nayeon's story. She suddenly wants to protect Nayeon, to take care of her.

She has a boyfriend already Jungyeon, please control.

“Does your left leg fully recovered? She asked with a glint of worried in her eyes. “Yes, but sometimes it hurts and makes me fall or tripped over nothing, my friends tells me that I'm clumsy but I have a reason behind it.”

Wow, this girl is so strong. I can't stop admiring her.

“Me and my cousin went together in California, since she doesn't want me to be alone and sad there, I am really thankful to her.”

“But you can save yourself, if you didn't go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter