Chapter 18

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2yeon’s last stop is Lotte Department Store, since it’s near.

Oh yes, the mall extended their operating hours *looks at her watch* it’s 9:45, 15 minutes before closing time. - Jungyeon

“What are we going to do here Jungie, I want to go home.” Nayeon said.

“Why? Are you bored already?” Jungyeon pretended to sulk.

“Silly, it’s almost 10 and I’m sleepy.” Nayeon yawns cutely.

Jungyeon’s lip curled into a smile. She pats the shorter girl’s head.

“We just need to buy something then we are done.” She held Nayeon’s hand and dragged her to a jewelry store.

“Good evening” The saleslady said. Jungyeon returns the smile.

“Nayeonnie, ppali. Take a look at these rings and pick the design you want”

“Wae? I don’t need stuffs like this.”

“Come on, this rings come in pairs”

“Uhh, okay.” Nayeon just shrugged and choose. It takes a minute or two before she finally decided.

“Jungie, this one.” Nayeon points a ring with an infinity design on it.

After getting their ring size (they have the same size) Jungyeon paid it.

“We will both paid it” Nayeon took out her card from her wallet.

“Nope” Jungyeon stops her.

“It’s unfair” Nayeon retaliates

The duo keeps bickering until the saleslady stops them.

“Excuse me, but the mall is about to close” She politely talks to them.

“Oh, sorry. Nayeonnie just let me okay?”

Nayeon pouted. Jungyeon gives her card to the saleslady.

“Couples usually have fight, I must say you two look cute together.” The woman smiles at them.

Nayeon blushed and said, “N—no. We are just friends miss.” She smiles awkwardly. Jungyeon is disappointed but she hides it.

“Oh. I’m sorry.” The woman handed the card back to Jungyeon. “Thanks for shopping”

Jungyeon’s POV

We are now sitting together at the bus, since it’s already late, there are less people with us. Two old couples, me and nayeon and a woman with two kids. I took out the box and opened it. I grab Nayeon’s left hand and put the ring on her ring finger. Then I wore the other ring on just like Nayeon’s.

“Listen” I said and look at her.

“We should not take this ring off, we will only take this off when we finally found someone the person we want to share our whole lifetime with.”

Nayeon furrows her eyebrows.

“This ring, we will give it to that someone as a sign of our love.”

“But why do we need to do this?” She asked me back.

“So that we both know if one of us is already falling in love with someone.”

Nayeon nodded. I sighed

Bunny, you don’t know how badly I want to take this off now and give it to you. But I can’t, I’m afraid that you don’t feel the same way and it might ruin our friendship. If I can’t make you mine then being your friend is already enough for me, but I’m still waiting for that day that maybe you can open your heart again, that maybe I can stand a chance. I’m not giving up on you.

Our whole ride is quiet. I look at my watch and it’s alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter